Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Vi »

Votecount as of this post:

Vi(2): Ojanen, Scien
SerialClergyman(2): Sando, PorkchopExpress
Albert B. Rampage(2): SerialClergyman, Zorblag
Sando(1): Debonair Danny DiPietro
Scien(4): Amished, Vi, VP Baltar, charlatan
VP Baltar(1): Albert B. Rampage

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

Albert B. Rampage 98 wrote:There's nothing for me to comment on until the two are willing to bet their life that the other is scum.
...in which case you would...?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Choose sides.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Lynch ABR time?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Scien's initial comment was unreflective at best. Vi has since defended himself accordingly, but the vote for his aggressor is insubstantial and lacks conviction.

Do I have to remind you all that I am Albert B. Rampage? To make me state the obvious is to waste my time.

Druglord Baltar has a nice and cozy cocaina cache for us to drop our votes at.
Oblige him.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

@Vi: How was my vote not random?
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, so we have ABR-Scien scum thus far....third person is slightly more challenging.

Sando perhaps?
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Druglord Baltar has a nice and cozy cocaina cache for us to drop our votes at.
IN HIS ASS.
Yep yep vote this useless druggie.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't believe I've seen ABR so touchy before. Clearly on the right path here.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Vi »

Albert B. Rampage 103 wrote:Do I have to remind you all that I am Albert B. Rampage? To make me state the obvious is to waste my time.
I haven't played with Albert B. Rampage before. Please remind me, state the obvious, etc.
PorkchopExpress 104 wrote:@Vi: How was my vote not random?
You voted for SerialClergyman for a reason (specifically, he had not confirmed twice as far as you saw). That would be not-random; you had a reason for voting for him.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by charlatan »

Amished wrote:@Charlatan: Apparently Scien's answers weren't satisfactory to you to move to Vi?
Apparently so, huh?

Would you have switched just because he had beef and cheese enchiladas?

You're aware, I take it, that you didn't actually ask a question in the post I've quoted? Like what I'm doing now?
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Sando »

I'm not sure how anyone else expected Scien to react, but I get pretty annoyed when someone is as condescending to a post of mine to say 'your post doesn't even warrent an answer'.

Porkchop, Zorblag's RVS vote is an example of a random vote on someone because of confirmations, he just votes the first person alphabetically that hasn't confirmed yet. Your vote had reasoning, you left nothing up to chance, you went through and found a reason to vote someone, and while it may not have been serious, it wasn't random. Making out that it was random when it wasn't, worries me.

Unvote, Vote: Porkchopexpress
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:34 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

PorkchopExpress wrote:I'd like to hear from DDD and ABR on the Scien/Vi exchange.
Why those two and not the troll?

Anyways I don't think I learned anything useful from their exchange. Other than Scien picking a terrible argument to poke at at the beginning both players engaged in the neutral fashion I would expect at this point.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Amished »

.... Fine.

@Charlatan: If you were not going to switch because of the answers, what was the point of the questions that you posed to Scien?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:56 am

Post by charlatan »

Amished wrote:.... Fine.

@Charlatan: If you were not going to switch because of the answers, what was the point of the questions that you posed to Scien?
Who said I wasn't going to switch based on the answers? I said I wouldn't switch based on enchiladas, which if anything implies that I
would
switch based on other lunch options. (This is true, actually; I would've changed my vote to Vi if Scien had eaten Chinese food or a sandwich of some sort.)
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod, thanks for the clarifications.

@Vi, while it might seem obvious that you wouldn't put off saying what your role was in the previous game because you had some reason in mind it's not at all obvious (to me at least) what possible reasons there are. I've got no problem with letting you delay your answer but I am now going to expect to hear the reason that you wanted to delay when you do answer. If you don't have a reason and are being vague just for sake of being vague or difficult then I will hold it against you later.

Also, most people would take the following to mean that there's just one person you had in mind:
Vi wrote:
PorkchopExpress 94 wrote:I'd like to hear from DDD and ABR on the Scien/Vi exchange.
There's someone else who hasn't commented on the exchange that you're missing.
Was that your intent?

@Charlatan, why the irreverence? I don't find it that out of place but it's not particularly the start I expect from you.

@PorkchopExpress, others have asked in other ways but I'll do so as well. Why the interest in input from Debonair Danny DiPietro and Albert B. Rampage in particular about the Scien/Vi dynamic?

@Debonair Danny DiPietro, why ask about my lack of inclucsion in PorkhchopExpress's question rather than, say, Ojanen's?

@Ojanen, are you done with your trip at this point? Should we reasonably expect to see you posting regularly or are your posts going to be sporadic because of your schedule for the next while?

Re: Scien and Vi, Scien's opening pressure is for an unimpressive reason but that's not particularly unexpected for him. Past that it looks like opening probing being done all around. If there's anything to dislike about the spat it's how quickly it's calmed without either of the two changing a vote to anyone else.

Re: Albert B. Rampage and VP Baltar, in our new growing early accusation exchange I'm not sure how touchy VP Baltar expects Albert B. Rampage to be but thus far he has yet to exceed my expectations. I believe that a more productive thing to watch for him is how his game flows based on changing situations.

In any case Albert B. Rampage is here and poking at things which is what I want him to be doing. Ojanen on the other hand isn't here despite being about in other games. Given my lack of ability to read her from Mini 880 I'm not fond of that combination.

Vote: Ojanen

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Ojanen »

Zorblag wrote:@Ojanen, are you done with your trip at this point? Should we reasonably expect to see you posting regularly or are your posts going to be sporadic because of your schedule for the next while?
Yes. I am home, and I have all means and the intention to be active.
I in fact admit to lurking since this game started yesterday morning which is evidenced by this fast reaction, I have been around the site. A now already ended game's lylo day started about simultaneously; I was scum in a bad spot; I didn't feel like posting anywhere until some claims had resolved in that game and I had kicked myself to make a case (which wasn't needed in the end, they lynched me before that).
The Scien/Vi argument looked boring on the surface. Felt generally a little weary of mafia.
Allow me to read the thread again now, hopefully there's something worth saying.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Troll wrote:in our new growing early accusation exchange I'm not sure how touchy VP Baltar expects Albert B. Rampage to be
I don't expect an experienced player who is town to be sensitive at all about being called scum this early in the game.
Troll wrote:In any case Albert B. Rampage is here and poking at things which is what I want him to be doing
Really? I just see him basically diddling himself in the thread and being forced to participate.
YOUR AD HERE

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Zorblag »

@VP Baltar, how much of Albert B. Rampage's play have you seen previously?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Vi »

Zorblag 114 wrote:Also, most people would take the following to mean that there's just one person you had in mind:
Vi wrote:
PorkchopExpress 94 wrote:I'd like to hear from DDD and ABR on the Scien/Vi exchange.
There's someone else who hasn't commented on the exchange that you're missing.
Was that your intent?
I was referring to PorkchopExpress himself here. (Yes, I forgot about you. If there's anyone else left out I forgot about them too.)
Ojanen 115 wrote:The Scien/Vi argument looked boring on the surface. Felt generally a little weary of mafia.
Good choice of words. For what it's worth,
Sando 110 wrote:I'm not sure how anyone else expected Scien to react, but I get pretty annoyed when someone is as condescending to a post of mine to say 'your post doesn't even warrent an answer'.
Would you like for me to break down how I read Scien's post and how I came to say what I did?
(Admittedly I went overboard on the condescension, but that's a terrible habit I need to work on on my own time.)

---

Unvote: Scien
Vote: Sando
(L-5)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Zorblag wrote:@VP Baltar, how much of Albert B. Rampage's play have you seen previously?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Enough to make a judgement call on it.
YOUR AD HERE

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Sando »

Nope, I understand that fine, did you get the impression from my post that I wanted you to do that? Or did you fail to work out that I was merely stating that your post was reasonably insulting to Scien? Because that bit seemed fairly obvious in my post, didn't really need much insight to work out, well done on working it out though.

Wouldn't mind an explanation of the vote though.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Ojanen »

Zorblag wrote:1. What was your role in the aborted version of this game?
2. Did you know before the game started that Friends and Enemies is intended to be run with 3 mafia and 3 masons?
1. Townie
2. Yes. There's currently another ongoing Friends and Enemies and I'm in that.

Troll, why did bother to you ask about my schedule when in the same post you stated aloud the observation that my lack of posting was apparently not due to access issues (posting in other threads)?

I'm actually interested in Porkchop.
Since he didn't provide it despite obvious prodding from Vi, I'll explicitly request his stance on Scien/Vi.
(My stance: there's almost nothing I can get a read out of there.)
Vi wrote:
Ojanen 115 wrote:The Scien/Vi argument looked boring on the surface. Felt generally a little weary of mafia.
Good choice of words.
Why? What did you try to communicate with this comment?
Vi 51 wrote:I find it dubious that you apparently consider PorkchopExpress a wagon when you put the third vote on me.
I didn't get this line, specifically the thought connection before and after when. What did you mean?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Zorblag »

@VP Baltar, clearly you've seen enough of Albert B. Rampage's play to make a judgment call on it as you were willing to make a judgment call on his play. I don't think that the judgment call you're making fits all that well with my experience with his play and I'm trying to figure out how much that should be an issue for me. Is there a reason you'd rather not answer my question in a useful way?

@Ojanen, if you were still traveling and had limited access to MS then it would have made sense for you to be prioritizing games and posting elsewhere in games where important things were happening as opposed to here where things were just getting started. The reason you gave for not posting here prior to my asking about it makes sense as well.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Troll wrote:@VP Baltar, clearly you've seen enough of Albert B. Rampage's play to make a judgment call on it as you were willing to make a judgment call on his play. I don't think that the judgment call you're making fits all that well with my experience with his play and I'm trying to figure out how much that should be an issue for me. Is there a reason you'd rather not answer my question in a useful way?
I don't see what's not useful about it. You're welcome to disagree with my interpretation of his reaction when I pushed toward him, but I'm speaking more about him as a player with plenty of games under his belt than I am to any specific meta points. Everyone plays differently, of course, but there is a certain standard of play I expect from people who I respect as players and are experienced. If I see variances from that, expect me to call him/her on it.
YOUR AD HERE

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Ojanen »

That reads as a little strange, VP, with the standard of play generalization rhetorics.
VP wrote:I don't believe I've seen ABR so touchy before.
This does imply meta, and I'd find it useful if you answered more specifically from where it comes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”