Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

So what prompted you out of your meditation tonight?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nothing in particular... Probably a combination of excessive free time and Jazz's scuminess.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Porkens »

I am absolutely fine with the triple purge idea.

I'd also be fine with lynching Jazz solo today and Nacho tomorrow.

I'd do a three-way with Nacho and Jazz.

My DREAM triple-purge would be Jazz, Nacho, and Gamma.

But I should probably let VP purge himself, since he offered.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 am

Post by Vi »

The cult of darkness had already lost almost half of its members, and seemed to be eager to stop at nothing to eliminate the remaining intruders among them. At this point there was no turning back, and indeed, the ever-enlarging pillar in the center of the room silently(?) insisted that the way forward be at the very least painful.

---

Incantation:

:arrow:
Jazzmyn (P-2)
~
SpyreX
Porkens
--INCANT--
Nachomamma8

Gammagooey (P-4)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
Gammagooey

--No Decision--
Nachomamma8,
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity ζ, it will take
Incants to Purge.
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, February 24 2010...

VP Baltar 812 wrote:Mod: If one were to use the Gepenst action, could the kill choice be submitted during Twilight?
There are only a few actions that
cannot
plausibly be submitted during Twilight; Doublevote is the most obvious one.
Nacho 823 wrote:Ohai guys, remember me???
you're who again
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:14 am

Post by Porkens »

Incant: Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So since my role isn't exactly useful, and it's looking like I'm going to be part of the super-fun-time-triple-purge, I'm going to go ahead and claim.

I have one active ability and no passives.

My one active ability is Dissolution. This kills me but allows me to keep posting in-thread. I can use this at any time. Aside from any annoyance that may arise from my continued posting, the only real usefulness I have is making a triple lynch easier.

Vi:Are we allowed to name claim?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You should definitely name claim.

I agree with Porkens' purge choices since I know I'm town, but that's up to the town to decide.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well hells bells thats even better than a lynch.

That, pretty much, can not be a third party / scum ability - but, of course, having you use it means, woosh.

So, couple forseeable options:

1.) Gamma uses the dancing machine after we setup the votes and we only lynch two today.
2.) We believe Gamma and lynch three others.
3.) We beileve Gamma and lynch two others.

The more I look at how this game is going I'm pretty confident in the subset of Nacho/Jazz we'd find the last scum. I'm damn near positive (or real bad at this game) with the latest revelations we'd find it in Nacho/Jazz/Jah.

Yea, thats right. VP COULD be pulling the wool over my eyes but I'm not buying it.
Porkens, like I said, gives those good ol' town vibes.
If this is a Gamma-gambit (Gammabit if you will) I'd be shocked and awed.

One thing for sho' though is that all the players that WILL be remaining need to burn a DV today. No more shenanigans.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Jahudo »

Gammagooey wrote:

Are you implying that you aren't a Dark Eminence? I wouldn't put it past him to gambit if he was the last of the light mafias and most if not all of us support his purging. But it isn't a good gambit since most of us also feel we have a favorable town: scum ratio.

I think Gamma should live today, and see if there's a power role out there to see if he's lying.
SpyreX wrote:One thing for sho' though is that all the players that WILL be remaining need to burn a DV today. No more shenanigans.
I think we've all tried to double vote now. Sadly we are not all POWERFUL WIZARDS.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

I couldn't remember if EVERYONE did it.

In this age, mortals control our destiny. The POWERFUL WIZARDS have become senile or dead.

A Gammabit doesn't add up - it really comes down to a consensus saying "do it" and if he doesn't he gets lynched. That's not a good gambito's
Show

Proud member of BaM
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Jahudo wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:

Are you implying that you aren't a Dark Eminence? I wouldn't put it past him to gambit if he was the last of the light mafias and most if not all of us support his purging. But it isn't a good gambit since most of us also feel we have a favorable town: scum ratio.
I am allied with the Dark Eminences, but I also have quite a unique name. You'll see what I mean assuming that Vi says it's okay.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I think the plan to go with is a triple purge of me, Jazz, and Jah today, then if the game isn't over, solo purge Porkens.

And the only people who still have double votes to use today are VP and Spyrex. If VP uses it today, then we can make sure he wasn't lying about his 2 one shot doublevoting abilities, although I am still wondering about the ability he hasn't told us about yet...

Spyrex, if you're afraid of shenanigans tomorrow, make sure that everyone doublevotes themselves at the beginning of the day, then votes No Purge. That way, everyone will have a placeholder stuck on themselves and no more doublevotes to use.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Porkens »

You should dissolution yourself immediatly
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Porkens »

Shouldn't you? Am I blind to the obvious drawbacks?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Jazzmyn (P-3)
~
SpyreX
Porkens
--INCANT--
Nachomamma8

Gammagooey (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
Gammagooey

--No Decision--
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity ζ, it will take 6 Incants to Purge.
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, February 24 2010...

Gammagooey 830 wrote:Vi:Are we allowed to name claim?
It wouldn't be against any rules.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Hmm, I think Gamma is town if he has dissolution. I also think that if he really has that ability then he should just wait until tomorrow to use it. Treestumps are great for giving a confirmed townie in lylo.

Spyrex, how certain are you that Porkens isn't a third party?

I'm fairly sure at this point that Jazz is the last light mafia, so I definitely want to see her go today regardless of what we decide.
YOUR AD HERE

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

So do you approve more of a triple purge, just to be safe, or solo purges like Porkens suggested?

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Jury's still out at the moment. Dissolution is a good ability for the town to have. I'm not sure why Jahudo would be a good purge today.
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Vi wrote:
Gammagooey 830 wrote:Vi:Are we allowed to name claim?
It wouldn't be against any rules.
<3.

I am Tarhalindur, Garo Master over Mafia.

Porkens if you answered this earlier I missed it, is your double vote a one-shot?

@VP-I could wait until tommorrow to use it, but that would mean we're restricted to a double purge today to make sure that there are still enough people so that town numbers>maf numbers after the maf kill and dissolution. (I won't have a vote after i'm dissolved) Personally I think the best options are either me using it today, or being trusted enough to not have to use it. (I can still just be part of a double purge on the last day if I'm one of the last 3).

@Porkens-downside is I'm dead, no moar vote etc. Only difference from being purged is that I don't need votes to die, I can do it whenever, and I can keep talking.

I still support a triple lynch, preferably with Jazz/VP and one other, if it's me then dissolvan time, if not I'd be okay with Porkens or Nacho. I could probably also be convinced to not lynch VP yet if I'm really the only one this paranoid of him.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Would you be happier with me or Porkens?

And I'm pretty sure VP is town...

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Eh, I can see either Nikanor pulling off that bus or Rhino bussing Porkens, I'd perfer Porkens though unless SpyreX can teach me these amazing secrets he must know in order to read Porkens.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Jazz is an intersting choice for last light mafia. I could see it happening based on the known scums interactions.

-Rhinox ignored her the entire game. And Jazz was fence-leaning about Rhinox but agreed with his suspects, Nacho and Porkens, which could mean she liked Rhinox more than she let on.

-MO made one pressure notice but didn't ever call her scummy. He said he was going to read her big wall of texts, but never commented on them. He then suggested a double purge of Zoraster and either Porkens or Jazzmyn, but without reasoning and wanted to compromise with others by making sure Zoraster got purged, so he dropped the Jazzmyn issue.

Jazz found MO scummy, which would be the hardest early distancing if the scumteam is actually Jazz/Rhinox/MO. She also disagreed with the zoraster wagon, which hurt the Rhinox/MO scumteams most viable mislynch plan.
Nachomamma8 wrote:And the only people who still have double votes to use today are VP and Spyrex.
They tried to double vote today, but it didn't work.
Gammagooey wrote:I am Tarhalindur, Garo Master over Mafia.
It seems that Vi puts one of these role names in every theme game. I've been meaning to ask why Tar is always over Mafia. Also, Majora's Mask reference?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

They are pretty amazing secrets.

Of everyone left Porkens is my LEAST LIKELY to be scum by a margin. If third party - maybe survivor. Could be lyncher, but that would be the ballsiest lyncher ever.

Gamma is next least likely to be scum. However, if we're wrong today he dies tomorrow.

Then it gets fuzzy:

Jah could have been throwing a well placed mellow bus on MO (which works so well because of how mellow it is). Yet, he was very vocal with Rhinox being not scum - which, makes me worry that this might be a gambit. However, my read over and over is town. Not SUPER TOWN, but town.

VP, ohh VP. The dance during the lylo shenanigans was beautiful but it still worries me. Not to mention the game-mechanics discussion (which I want to believe but).

These two make me worried.

Nacho and Jazz, yea. I liked Nik, but not enough to ignore Nacho's performance. And Jazz goes today for sure.

(IF I MISSED SOMEONE CHANCES ARE THEY ARE SCUM)

----

That said, I just really, really read all the abilities.

Funny theory: Sotty didn't shoot MO. She tried to shoot someone else who was under the effects of a redirect. Personally, I bet this was me. :P

And, please help me parse this out because now I'm paranoid there are two scum left which changes everything:
(F) Still, Small Voice. You may speak with each member of your faction (____, _____, _____, and _____) privately at any time in this QuickTopic.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I've had a really crappy day. It was my first day back to work since breaking my leg and it wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. Then a snow storm hit and my usual 20 minute drive home took an hour and a half and was very, very stressful.

Thus, I'm not in the mood for subtlety, so I'm just going to go ahead and say what I have to say and the rest of you can do what you want.

My abilities are such that they are (a) very useful to identifying any remaining Light team member or SK or other third parties that might be in play, and my abilities are both testable and provable (well, testable certainly and provable if one other player has a certain ability); and (b) quite helpful in another manner as well.

So, that's another reason why I don't want to lay down and die while the town gives the game up to the scum by resort to math instead of playing the game and using the abilities that we have. Because I'm town and I know that my abilities are not only useful, but testable and (I think) provable. I wasn't going to go into any of this but since it appears that you are all bound and bent on purging me anyway, I figure it doesn't matter much.

Also, I'd just like to point out to the town that there are several abilities potentially available to the scum that permit them to pretend to be onboard with getting themselves purged while they could actually avoid being purged, while killing off two townies in the process, so I don't think you should be so quick to buy into the "if I say I'm okay with being purged, that means I'm town" line.
Porkens wrote:I'd do a three-way with Nacho and Jazz.
Heh - practically everyone I know would like to do a three way with me. But, alas, my preference for three ways involves me, a guy, and another woman, and as far as I can tell, both you and Nacho are male, so that's not my ideal combination. (But you did just make me smile, which improved my crappy day a little bit). ;)

Regards,
Jazz
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Jazz wrote:Also, I'd just like to point out to the town that there are several abilities potentially available to the scum that permit them to pretend to be onboard with getting themselves purged while they could actually avoid being purged, while killing off two townies in the process, so I don't think you should be so quick to buy into the "if I say I'm okay with being purged, that means I'm town" line.
By, several abilities you mean.... Luxomancy?

By not being subtle you mean... soft-claiming?
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”