Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree. More claiming, less dilly dallying.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I could have worded that better, but what I mean is that just because someone claims to be willing to go along with being purged doesn't mean that they are aligned with the town. Luxomancy would protect them from a purge, as would Liquid Being, but Condemn, Prominence, Gepenst, and Light Arrow would also put scum in a position to manipulate the results of a multi-purge to their own advantage as well, depending on how many there are and what their alignments are.

More importantly, I'm saying that I think town players are being lazy if they think the best way to win this game is by multi-purging townies.

Most importantly, I'm saying that I know for a fact that some players are promoting a mistaken (either intentional or otherwise) belief about some of the roles that exist. Those who keep pooh-poohing the existence of a SK are most highly suspect because I know for a fact that there is a third party killer in this game, because I know for a fact that Sotty didn’t kill MO. And since nobody has claimed or even hinted at being a town aligned Vig, I'm pretty certain that there's a SK in the game. Which leads me to believe that there are either no more Light Assassins or, at most, 1 more Light Assassin, but there is definitely another killing faction out there, and I don't think it's town aligned. This is what I've been trying to get people to think about without having to claim, but there you have it.

Now, it's intermission between the first and second periods of the men's Olympic hockey game between Canada and Germany, and Canada has to win this to go to the gold medal final, so I'm off to watch the rest of the game. More later.

Regards,
Jazz
You know whats the awesomest about this?

Its not the "multi-purging is lazy" (hint: it isn't and throwing away that makes no sense)

Its not the fact that Condemn, Genpest or Light Arrow in fact don't save the scum (hint: they don't) in the scenario there is one left.

Its not the fact that Liquid Being being on a scum in this setup means that we're pretty much already boned.

Its not, once again, not giving any actual opinions on scum.

Its not even being concerned with self-preservation.

Its, actually, the fact that again we get "I have secret powers and secret information" instead of just laying it out on the table.

Thats the awesomest part.

The part I like the most.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

VP, sorry, I missed your response origionally.

This is killin gme. lets no purge it down to a higher intensity?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

Incant; No Purge
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jazzikens......waiting.........
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Gammagooey »

VP Baltar wrote:My ideal triple purge is Jazz, Nacho, Porkens. Then if necessary Gamma uses dissolution tomorrow.
Have you actually done the math on this? It doesn't work out. 7-3(purged)-1(night killed)-1(dissolved)=2 players, maf/scum wins.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, ideally, there wouldn't be a tomorrow. Also, depending on who lives tomorrow and has a double vote, you dissolving yourself isn't going to end the game.
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Yes, if you're alive, town, and the only one with a double vote that would work out if i trusted you that much.
But I don't.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

C'mon baby, I won't bite.
YOUR AD HERE

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

Thats one issue that I alluded to - if we hit 3 and the game is still going Gamma is going to have to be a gut call - barring, of course, some mystical majesty perhaps.

Jazzy needs to step up though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Jahudo »

Jazz needs to claim. Then we can speed up the purging process.

My purging preference is Jazz > Nacho > Porkens. But I also think 2 purges is a safer/better idea today.

I recently got a paranoid suspicion that VP is 3rd party, specifically Moychendiser, but its about as strong of a feeling as I had with SC so I'm not focused there. Its basically his reaction to Rhinox being possible Moychendiser and a couple more things, but thats also the way I reacted to Rhinox so I can see him as town there too.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why 2 instead of three? And why me and Jazzy?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Jahudo »

We probably only have 1-2 scum, and probably only 1 killing faction, and I don't have scum reads on many people. But I got plenty of majesty.

Like I've said with Jazzy, her bouts of inactivity are not a tell. But her big catchup posts day 1 had most people leaning scum or neutral, which seemed like she was saying neutral is 3rd party.

Today Nacho keeps changing his purge choices to the point that it looks like he's just look for compromises without much necessary scumhunting.
Nachomamma wrote:the purge should be me, Porkens, and Jazz.
Nachomamma wrote:I think the plan to go with is a triple purge of me, Jazz, and Jah today
Nachomamma wrote:MY DREAM TRIPLE PURGE:

Jazz, Porkens, VP.
You've called both me and VP town at one point, but also thought it would be a good idea to purge us? Your initial pro-town sounding offer to purge yourself has disappeared, which could have been a scum gambit. I don't think even Porkens has been this purge happy. And it started day 1 when you were okay with lurker purges, and listed a bunch of people in that category.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jahudo wrote: You've called both me and VP town at one point, but also thought it would be a good idea to purge us?
Lesse... When people didn't listen to my Porkens talk, I offered someone else. SpyreX and VP are stronger town reads than you, and Gamma's dissolution thingy moved you to the bottom.

When Porkens talk swung around again and I realized scumVP could screw us over in the end, I formed a DREAM triple purge. That doesn't actually mean the offer to purge myself is gone...

Day 1 was not a good day for me either, in case you didn't notice.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Jahudo »

So VP and Porkens purge is more to eliminate the double voting threat?

A tinsy, tiny part of me is worried that Nacho or Jazz has already used an action this phase and could have double vote. But most of me thinks that's too many players with double vote.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jahudo wrote: So VP and Porkens purge is more to eliminate the double voting threat?
VP is, it's a part of that for Porkens.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Vi »

The Cult of Darkness respected the Light - insofar as they could their enemy - and welcomed the shadows that they dwelt in. But to a one, each cultist feared the Pillar in the center of the room.
The unlucky priests still alive were now starting to feel the force of its radiance for the second time, something that virtually nobody had done and survived...

----

Incantation:

:arrow:
Jazzmyn (P-2)
~
SpyreX
--INCANT--
Nachomamma8

Gammagooey (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-4)
~
Gammagooey

---NO PURGE--- (P-4)
~
Porkens

--No Decision--
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity ε, it will take
Incants to Purge.
--The Intensity will increase on Saturday, February 27 2010...
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

A couple of things.

One, don’t you guys realize that the winter Olympics are currently underway here in Canada and I’m Canadian? Thus, certain events (like the men's hockey team playing Germany last night and playing Russia tonight) take priority over just about everything, including work, food, sleep, pain, and yes, even mafia. (Canada won last night 8-2 and won tonight 7-3 and moves on towards the gold medal game while Russia is going home empty handed ~ woot!)

Two, I realize that you all want to purge me, and that’s fine but that being the case, I’m doing this my way so that at least I can provide some useful information and make some final reads on players based on their reactions to my softclaim and/or their slowness to react (which might well be a reflection of them being worried about what I know), so that I can try to help the town some more before I die.
Nachomamma8 wrote:And I THINK what she's trying to claim is that she has Sixth Sense, used it on someone and saw that they targeted MO, and that she doesn't believe that the killer was protown, etc. etc.
<snip>
Jazz, y/n?
No. I wish that was the case, but it's not.
SpyreX wrote:Its not the fact that Condemn, Genpest or Light Arrow in fact don't save the scum (hint: they don't)
in the scenario there is one left.
Gee, maybe that's why I specifically said, "Luxomancy would protect them from a purge, as would Liquid Being, but Condemn, Prominence, Gepenst, and Light Arrow would also put scum in a position to manipulate the results of a multi-purge to their own advantage as well,
depending on how many there are and what their alignments are.

SpyreX wrote:Its, actually, the fact that again we get "I have secret powers and secret information" instead of just laying it out on the table.
I have my reasons for doing this my way, as mentioned above.
Jahudo wrote:seemed like she was saying neutral is 3rd party.
Nope, neutral means neutral. My read on Rhinox was neutral/third party which is different than neutral.

Anyway, moving right along.

I know that there is another killer in the game because Sotty did not target MO on Night 1. She targeted SerialClergyman.

I know this because I have the Sixth Sense ability which I used on Day 1 (as well as the Seal ability, which I have not used). I misunderstood something about the game mechanism initially and thought that I had to send in my choice of ability use early in the Day, so I sent it in early and was not permitted to change it later. (My misunderstanding arose because of a previous Tarhalindur game that I played, in which I was supposed to send my action early in the Day, didn’t realize it, failed to send it in and ended up being killed on Day 1 by a Vig without being able to use my ability, and I didn’t want to repeat that error in this game). Anyway, as a result, I know that Sotty did not kill MO, thus it had to be a third party killer who took him out, and nobody has claimed to be a Dark Eminence aligned Vig, so I believe that there is a SK in this game.

I can only guess that Sotty targeted SerialClergyman around the time that she switched her vote to MO from SC late on Day 1 (because logically that’s the only way I can think of that the result I received makes sense and it also reconciles with her vote change at that time and her failure to return to the game thread after that), but I have no way of knowing the timing of her use of her ability for certain, of course. What I do know is that she targeted SC, not MO. Thus, there is another killer who is not of the Light Assassin team.

So, obviously, my preference would be to use my abilities to try to find the remaining scum and/or to protect any confirmed town, and I think that my abilities are both testable and provable. Testable by using one or the other of my abilities at majority direction, and provable if anyone has Foresight or Third Eye, in which case they could confirm that what I've said is true.

Also,

Incant: Nacho

Regards,
Jazz
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Now we're getting somewhere.

Is sixth sense once per game or per incantation?

Also VP is summon once per game or once per incantation?

(Who can see where I'm going with this)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

My MAGIC POWERED ABACUS has some problems:
Jazz wrote:I know this because I have the Sixth Sense ability which I used on Day 1 (as well as the Seal ability, which I have not used). I misunderstood something about the game mechanism initially and thought that I had to send in my choice of ability use early in the Day,
so I sent it in early and was not permitted to change it later.
Vi wrote:9. Role-based Abilities: You may send in an ability (as specified by your Role PM) at any time during each Incantation. All actions resolve as soon as possible unless otherwise stated (see next rule).
You may change any submission that has not yet resolved.
Vi wrote:(A) Sixth Sense. You may choose another player to learn who (if anyone) they target during the Incantation.
This ability resolves at the end of the Incantation.
HMMM a mystery.

Yet, another MYSTERY ATTACKS:
Jazz wrote:I know that there is another killer in the game because
Sotty did not target MO on Night 1
. She targeted SerialClergyman.
Vi wrote:--- SerialClergyman --- Dark Eminence ---
Purged
during Incantation I.
Perhaps with a MAGIC POWERED SPACE COMPUTER this could be resolved. Alas, no.

We've got ourselves a live one fellas.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh derp I completely missed the change any submission that has not yet resolved.
I'm now okay with a single purge.

Incant:Jazzmyn

VP should Jazz turn out to be the last scum I apologize for dem tunnelans.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Porkens »

We purge Jazz. Tomorrow I'm willing to burn if it's wrong (with nacho and gamme)

INCANT: JAZZ
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Gammagooey wrote:Is sixth sense once per game or per incantation?
Once per incantation. Seal is once per game.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

SpyreX wrote:My MAGIC POWERED ABACUS has some problems:
Don't be stupid. I realize that SC was purged. But Sotty also targeted him.

Regards,
Jazz
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:Is sixth sense once per game or per incantation?
Once per incantation. Seal is once per game.

Regards,
Jazz
A Little late, considering you're already purged. At least you can watch more hockey now :D

Vi
: How many Snackoos is an appropriate bribe for an early flip?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”