Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Amished wrote:VP, your logic fails as there's been two games that we've both been town. You know which ones they are.
You are!

I said we're either both town or you're scum (LOST). More Amished votes NAO!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Adel »

semioldguy wrote: If we are waiting until later to reveal things like this it would be much easier for the scum to get around in their own claims.
not true.

with 2 or 3 nights worth of interaction, especially if town players focus more on investigation than ward and resurrect, the scum wont be able to figure out what they can get away with claiming as easily.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, it seems like we've already gone far enough down the road Adel. You should probably just claim now and if we want to reorientate our strategy from tomorrow on we can.
YOUR AD HERE

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Adel »

fuck it, I'll play it your way, the cult is already down with it so the rest of us sheeple should go along with it.

i heard a noise, and I think it is retarded to be claiming, and people shouldn't be saying if they warded or not, but I didn't ward.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

And actually Night 1 is the best time to do the noises since almost all of the good actions (res, investigate) can't happen. I don't know about the ward thing so much and I don't intend on claiming my target at this time.
YOUR AD HERE

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Adel »

I'm not claiming day 2.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Faraday »

i've a shit ton of college work to get through up untill saturday basically.

v/la untill then, pretty much. sorry!
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 am

Post by SlySly »

Adel wrote:I'm not claiming day 2.
Noise, action and insanity claims in the first game led to an overwhelming town victory. What better alternative do you suggest? A hardline stance against claims providing a tracking system for the town seems a little anti-town to me.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:54 am

Post by dramonic »

oh come on.
I think you are trying to consider me overpredictable. You are in the game sajin, I'm not stupid, I know I CAN'T go murderer even if I wish I could =_=
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Adel wrote:fuck it, I'll play it your way, the cult is already down with it so the rest of us sheeple should go along with it.

i heard a noise, and I think it is retarded to be claiming, and people shouldn't be saying if they warded or not, but I didn't ward.
Can you explain your strategy and why we should do it? I think most people are still open to looking at other startegies, so you don't need to assume that we're sheep and don't care what anyone has to say.

I am especially interested in why you think an investigative approach is better that warding or resuscitate. I think there could be benefit of choosing one over the other because it would eliminate some of the results that are like false positives (an investigator that gets bloody from resuscitate will look like a cultist who participated in the ritual). So there might be some merit to agreeing to choose some actions and not others as a means of making our results more accurate for finding scum. Is this what you were thinking?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:58 am

Post by SlySly »

I think the dramonic wagon, though understandable, is a bit premature. No one is a murderer yet, but there are scum already. We should be trying to lynch scum, not a later potential 3rd party.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 am

Post by semioldguy »

Adel wrote:
semioldguy wrote: If we are waiting until later to reveal things like this it would be much easier for the scum to get around in their own claims.
not true.

with 2 or 3 nights worth of interaction, especially if town players focus more on investigation than ward and resurrect, the scum wont be able to figure out what they can get away with claiming as easily.
Without any attempt to explain why or what specifically is bad about claiming noises, I don't know how you would expect me to agree or ever be swayed to your side.

People shouldn't be claiming investigation, or resurrect or any specific action with full details. So this argument from you doesn't address the point in my mind. I am open to the discussion on warding-claims. Though I fail to see how claiming noise is bad and you don't address this at all. Without even going deep into the positives it is clear to me that it provides helpful information to the town for making decisions for our actions.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

slysly wrote:I think the dramonic wagon, though understandable, is a bit premature. No one is a murderer yet, but there are scum already. We should be trying to lynch scum, not a later potential 3rd party.
I think the point is that dram either rolled cult -or- he rolled investigator who will choose to become a murderer. Why are you not thinking about the scenario where dramonic rolled cultist?

vote slysly
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:25 am

Post by SlySly »

elvis_knits wrote: I think the point is that dram either rolled cult -or- he rolled investigator who will choose to become a murderer. Why are you not thinking about the scenario where dramonic rolled cultist?
The only reasons I have seen associated with a vote on dramonic, and I may have missed one, are ones of the basis that he is a big fan of being a 3rd party, was one in the last game, and would most likely try to be one in this game. I would gladly support his lynch if it was based on evidence of him being scum. I have not seen any of that offered up yet, feel free.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 am

Post by semioldguy »

Additionally, as this mistake was made last game, players should probably not use the investigate action tonight. As the action order is the same as it was in the previous game, players do not get bloody on any night from murders or the ritual until after investigation are resolved for that same night.

Actions dealing with blood take place in the following order:
Launder (removes blood)
Resuscitate or be resuscitated successfully (become bloody)
Investigate (find blood)
Murder (become bloody)
Ritual Resolves (become bloody)

You cannot find any murderers or players who participated in the ritual as bloody on either night zero or night one.

Investigation is like the war on drugs, a majority of the time it doesn't really do much of anything (since whoever gets bloody from doing something bad can always launder before they can next be investigated) but it's still necessary to do as to keep the killing people in check forcing them to launder.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Seacore »

I haven't read through yet.

Claiming ward and noise is good. It turned out last game that those who were against this kind of thing were nearly all scum.

So, I didn't ward and I did hear noise
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 am

Post by vikingfan »

Not only that, semi, finding blood, using that sequence, is not failsafe as the person found could very well have rescuscitated someone and be unable to do anything about it due to the way things sequence.

Commune, IMO, will be a lot more accurate than Investigating will be, even though it only measures sanities, not blood Unless I'm missing something...
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Adel »

semioldguy wrote:Additionally, as this mistake was made last game, players should probably not use the investigate action tonight. As the action order is the same as it was in the previous game, players do not get bloody on any night from murders or the ritual until after investigation are resolved for that same night.

Actions dealing with blood take place in the following order:
Launder (removes blood)
Resuscitate or be resuscitated successfully (become bloody)
Investigate (find blood)
Murder (become bloody)
Ritual Resolves (become bloody)

You cannot find any murderers or players who participated in the ritual as bloody on either night zero or night one.

Investigation is like the war on drugs, a majority of the time it doesn't really do much of anything (since whoever gets bloody from doing something bad can always launder before they can next be investigated) but it's still necessary to do as to keep the killing people in check forcing them to launder.
wait, so if a cultist chooses "ritual" or "murder" and then chooses "launder" on the next night, she
can not
be caught by an investigation?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 am

Post by vikingfan »

Oh, and I didn't ward and I did hear noise.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 am

Post by startransmission »

Hrm, still trying to grasp the back and forth on the merits (or lack thereof) of claiming noise/wards. Seeing as how most people have already claimed and how apparently claiming last game led to a town win- I heard no noises and I warded nobody.
elvis_knits wrote:
slysly wrote:I think the dramonic wagon, though understandable, is a bit premature. No one is a murderer yet, but there are scum already. We should be trying to lynch scum, not a later potential 3rd party.
I think the point is that dram either rolled cult -or- he rolled investigator who will choose to become a murderer. Why are you not thinking about the scenario where dramonic rolled cultist?

vote slysly
I actually agree with slysly. The meta on Dramonic does make it likely that he would choose a third party route. So the wagon is justifiable- but it's still speculation... he could not have gone third party. I don't see where slysly said he wasn't cultist- there's just no evidence to substantiate that.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:23 am

Post by iLord »

Amished wrote:
Vote: Dramonic

Seems like the best reason to vote for somebody so far.
Please enlighten me as to what your intentions are with this vote.
Faraday wrote:Maybe he assumes we'll think he'd not be that foolish and thus do it again!

Vote Dramonic
I think claiming each day may be of benefit. I think the part about players not being around if we claim it later is somewhat valid, definitely.
Is this vote based on the above logic?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Firstly, I heard noise last night, and I used the ward ability.

Here is the information we have so far:

Adel - Heard noise. No ward.
Amished - Heard noise. No ward.
animorpherv1
Chaco
Col. Cathart - Heard noise. No ward.
dramonic - Heard noise. No ward.
Drench
DrippingGoofball - Heard noise. Hasn't claimed if they used ward.
Ellibereth
elvis_knits - Heard noise. Used ward.
evilsnail - No noise. No ward.
Faraday - No noise. No ward.
Iecerint - Heard noise. No ward.
iLord - Heard noise. No ward.
Nicodemus - No noise. No ward.
Phate - Heard noise. No ward.
Sajin - Heard noise. No ward.
Sarag
Seacore - Heard noise. No ward.
semioldguy - No noise. No ward.
SlySly - No noise. No ward.
startransmission - No noise. No ward.
vikingfan - Heard noise. No ward.
VP Baltar - Heard noise. Used ward.
Wickedestjr - Heard noise. Used ward.

I agree with the idea of claiming each day. I also am curious as to why we shouldn't claim who we used our ward on. It may provide some very useful information. For example Adel heard noise but didn't ward, so that means he was either warded or targetted for death. (Right?) If none of the people who warded used their ability on Adel, then that means Adel needs to be protected. Same applies to all other players who heard noise but didn't ward. Is this accurate logic or am I missing something?

Dramonic may have chose to become a murderer this game, but I have doubts.

elvis's vote for SlySly seems inaccurate as was pointed out by a few other players.

Adel, can you explain why we should wait until later to claim. I don't get it.

Vote: Adel
It seems odd to me that you are making such a big deal about us claiming, yet didn't start trying to change people's minds until many players had already claimed.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Adel »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Vote: Adel
It seems odd to me that you are making such a big deal about us claiming, yet didn't start trying to change people's minds until many players had already claimed.
lol

it is much more odd that people started claiming before consensus was reached, or conversation even began. They started claiming before I had a chance to post.

Obviously, a person who played in the first game is cult in this game, and they decided to go with the full claims pronto.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Adel, why do claims benefit cult?
Talk nerdy to me.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I heard no noise, did not use ward.

Also, I decided to Launder myself, and I chose Avolition because I essentially, over the period of the game, seem really scummy in every game I play, as well as I always seem to find townies scummy. By day 4, I should have some info to make an informed decision.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”