Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

ahoda wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Red Star wrote:Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Don't worry, you have 17 days to figure it all out. lol
Wait, what? Why would you say YOU have 17 days to figure it out... not WE, you. To me this says 1 thing: I'm not apart of the town, so I don't have to figure it out. Slight slip, in my opinion, and if you add it to your active lurking,

Unvote, vote ahoda

I'll be looking at Razor's meta soon... in the meantime, we should get some posting happening here people!
lol. The deadline is April 28. 28 - 11 = 17

ergo

17 days until deadline.
THAT's the part of my post that you comment on? :roll:
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Red Star wrote:Although it just equally could be directed at me, seeing as he was directing it at my "Get discussion going" post. So I think jumping onto a vote isn't the smartest idea.
I don't get this... how could it be directed at you?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Red Star »

ahoda wrote:
Red Star wrote:Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Notice how my post was directly preceding his post? I'm saying that there is the possibility that he slipped up and gave a reveal of his inner scumminess, but there is also the probability that he was just refering to me trying to get discussion going.

That's what I meant.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by ahoda »

lol. The players on this site just don't make any sense. You post 1 thing and everyone "thats scummy". lol. Makes no sense. I joke and say we have 17 days to lynch someone and all of a sudden its "scummy". lol

What a joke.

It's day 1 and not 1 single person has posted anything that is revealing. Without any night action to do anything its a random lynch vote.

So I'm not changing my vote and I don't really care if you vote me. I understand how this game works.

And ib4 post = scummy
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Red Star »

No, we make sense, because we analyse what everybody says and try to figure out who is scum. The reason why we say something is scummy, is because it is. Also, not contributing to helping the town figure out who is scum is just as bad.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by ahoda »

Red Star wrote:No, we make sense, because we analyse what everybody says and try to figure out who is scum. The reason why we say something is scummy, is because it is. Also, not contributing to helping the town figure out who is scum is just as bad.
And you also know what's bad? Having the more experienced guys post questions for the new guys to answer. Why answer them because its just going to give them more ammo to use against the lesser skilled guys.

And if I don't have anything to add I'm not to post a random post. No need to clog up the threads.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

ahoda wrote:lol. The players on this site just don't make any sense. You post 1 thing and everyone "thats scummy". lol. Makes no sense. I joke and say we have 17 days to lynch someone and all of a sudden its "scummy". lol

What a joke.

It's day 1 and not 1 single person has posted anything that is revealing. Without any night action to do anything its a random lynch vote.

So I'm not changing my vote and I don't really care if you vote me. I understand how this game works.

And ib4 post = scummy
Did you even read the case against you? Here, I'll quote your post again.
ahoda wrote:Don't worry,
you
have 17 days to figure it all out. lol
I've bolded the part that makes me a bit iffy... you said that YOU have 17 days to figure it out, not that WE have time. You didn't include yourself in this statement, which I see as a small scumslip.
ahoda wrote:Without any night action to do anything its a random lynch vote.
We will never just randomly lynch someone... we have 3 weeks for each day phase, and we'll use that time to determine who is the scummiest. And we don't even know that there IS a night action, so you can't just rely on that to figure everything out.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count V:

[2] skerterg - (razorback, ahoda)[/b]
[1] horrordude0215 - (popsofctown)
[1] razorback - (Red Star)
[1] Kranix - (kelikar)
[1] ahoda - (horrordude0215)
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] popsofctown - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] keikar - ()
[0] Red Star - ()

[3]
Not voting
- (Exilon, Kranix, skerterg)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods:

none

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
Last edited by KittyMo on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by skerterg »

If ahoda still refuses to acknowledge the real point of why his words were scummy (as pointed out by two people--horrordude0215 and Red Star), then I think that he is purposely ignoring the issue. Here are the two posts for reference:
horrordude0215 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Red Star wrote: Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Wait, what? Why would you say YOU have 17 days to figure it out... not WE, you. To me this says 1 thing: I'm not apart of the town, so I don't have to figure it out. Slight slip, in my opinion, and if you add it to your active lurking,

Unvote, vote ahoda
Red Star wrote:He's not pointing out the number of days, he's pointing out the distinction of:
"we, the town, together will find the scum"
to
"you, the town, not including me, will find the scum"

Although it just equally could be directed at me, seeing as he was directing it at my "Get discussion going" post. So I think jumping onto a vote isn't the smartest idea.
At first I was going to say that ahoda's actions seemed townlike. By not acknowledging horrordude0215's point, ahoda gave me the impression of not having a guilty conscience. However, even after Red Star clarifies, ahoda still does not mention his slipup. If I did a scum-like thing, I would at least try to explain myself, instead of ignoring it. My suspicions were raised when he said
ahoda wrote:lol. The players on this site just don't make any sense. You post 1 thing and everyone "thats scummy". lol. Makes no sense. I joke and say
we have 17 days to lynch someone and all of a sudden its "scummy"
. lol

What a joke.
(bold added for emphasis)

Here, ahoda corrects himself while not saying anything about it. Perhaps a subtle attempt to convince us that he made a mistake? At least acknowledge it! Also, I would think that when two different posters say the same thing, their point has some validity. Instead, you try to dismiss it as a joke or claim that the other posters don't make any sense. It made perfect sense to me. If it didn't to you, then you are either extremely nonobservant, careless, or didn't read it, or are trying to hide something. It is this fact of non-acknowledgment and furtiveness that draws my attention, rather than what I think is a small slip in word choice.

Finally, you accuse that the more experienced guys' asking questions is bad:
ahoda wrote: And you also know what's bad? Having the more experienced guys post questions for the new guys to answer. Why answer them because its just going to give them more ammo to use against the lesser skilled guys.
I fail to see the connection, as random questions can generate discussion. It is a common alternative to those who do not like RVS. Note that everyone is expected to answer, not just the newbies. Also, I myself am new yet I do not think I am clueless. In defense of those with little or no experience, we are still rational and can point out scumlike behavior. At the very least, asking for experience isn't really bad. Now you seem to be trying to divert the subject to something else.

Care to explain yourself?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

post 105 sounds like paranoid.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 am

Post by razorback »

well you know i seem to see two scummy player's here prombelm is who to vote for ?

unvote

and with all that5 is happen i think that redstar and ahoda might be in this together which rattle's me just a bit because they are working very well to get themselve's lynched.
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Exilon »

I second Skerterg, (concerning Ahoda) as I feel he pretty much pointed out EVERYTHING I wanted to address, but he posted before me.

Aside from that, the initial "you"; "we" thing... I initially believed the "you" was directed at Red Star since he was the one who was worrying that "there was no activity of any positive description" going on (paraphrased from PS89); and Ahoda, on the other side, has stated in the beginning something in the lines of "we have lots of time" (the original sentence read: "Deadline is April 28? Wow, this game may take awhile. lol " ).

So I was reading it as Ahoda making a sarcastic comment because Red Star was stressing / worrying for something that, in his (Ahoda's) perspective, wasn't reason to worry.

But after the second and third post answering points addressed by HorrorDude and Red Star... Well, I'm not so sure.

He tries to dismiss the issue as being pointless, as if having pressure put on him is something which shouldn't be happening - or rather, that he doesn't want to happen. For me, this reaction is understandable from both alignements (scum doesn't want to be supsected, but a townie doesn't want as well, since for them, the role PM they got is enough proof that they should be off the hook. But not for everyone else...), but trying to dismiss the issue, even more with justifications such as "joke" and "senseless" is unnecessary and bad play.
ahoda wrote: lol. The players on this site just don't make any sense. You post 1 thing and everyone "thats scummy". lol. Makes no sense. I joke and say we have 17 days to lynch someone and all of a sudden its "scummy". lol

What a joke.

You know what is a joke? That you seem to be expecting scum confess who they are, and give themselves to the town in a silver platter.

You know what is a joke? You say you understand how this game works and still manage to say that, just one sentence before.

You know what is a joke and clogs up the thread? People having to post to clear some misunderstandings that could be cleared were people paying more attention to what they were reading. In this case, it was crystal clear what horrordude was talking about when he posted his case, and he has repeated the same thing for what, 3 times now? Not only himself, but red star and Skerterg, too. And what's even worse, you aren't even aknowledging / addressing the issue.

You know what is a joke and is pointless? People giving up on Day 1, before even being voted. "I don't care who votes for me, I'm keeping my vote where it is?" Discussion is not pointless, and is not a joke. Suspicions, when justified, are not a joke and should be taken seriously, because to the person posting them, they make sense (unless they're scum, but it's up to us to figure that out.) Not seeing anything revelaing on Day 1 is not pointless, nor a joke. It's the beginning of the game.

I guess I was wrong about my initial thoughts about you :s

Ahoda, you pointed out that you felt no need to post because there was nothing you found interesting enough. But right now, even when put under pressure, your posts lack anything substantial. You don't even accuse or try to fight back anything that was pointed at you, going as far as stating that you don't care who votes for you.
So, for now, I'm confident enough to do this.
Vote: Ahoda

Maybe I was a bit harsh, and I don't really like doing this or speaking like I did, but if it makes you change your so-far attitude, then it won't be in vain.
Feels like I've been here before.
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:45 am

Post by ahoda »

I can't wait to be voted out. Can everyone else vote me please. This website and the players here are cocky arrogant d-bags.
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:46 am

Post by ahoda »

and let me help.

unvote

vote ahoda
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

You can't do much but lynch the imploders, as they'll prove useless in other phases of the game.

ahoda, if you have a power role, please claim it.

unvote, vote: ahoda

The imploders a little past even chances of being scum, I think, but it's pretty depressing when they flip town. It is hard to win at team games without an effort from everyone.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Better yet, ahoda, would you consider replacing out? That way we could at least read his slot.
"Well, I..."
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Exilon »

I didn't remember that.

Unvote

If you don't want to play, Ahoda, please ask to replace out.
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:26 am

Post by kelikar »

If he replaced out, would that player slot start with a clean slate, or would they need to answer to the misunderstandings as if he was in ahoda's shoes, because the new guy probably isn't going to know exactly what he was thinking. I personally think they would have some explaining to do.

Also, just to let everyone know, I've been kinda sick lately, so my posting will be slowing down. I will still probably post everyday at least once though.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Red Star »

Instead of lynching ahoda and possibly hitting a townie, why not just replace him, seeing as he doesn't seem to want to play? It's far safer than just lynching him, ending the day early and giving us absolutely no information at all?
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Exilon »

That's why I unvoted. There's no reason to lynch someone who isn't willing to play if we have a better option, as Pops pointed out.

@Kelikar: No one can expect a new player to know what his predecessor was thinking, so the most we can ask is if he/she could have any idea or speculation regarding it, having in mind that they know what their role PM is (which could affect the way someone answers).

...*sigh* I don't like this at all.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Unvote, vote popsofctown

Seriously? You put ahoda at L-1 on page 5, basically suggesting a policy lynch on a noob? And then you request him to replace out without unvoting? You're the IC... you should know better!

And the position isn't too bad... if we get a more active replacement, great! If the replacement is still scummy, we can discuss it then and then decide on a lynch when we're not 2 weeks away from deadline on Page 5. And if ahoda stays in, well then we can expect better activity and posting from him. If not, then we can decide on a solution when we're not 2 weeks away from deadline on Page 5.

Does that sound okay to everyone?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My vote's on the scummiest slot in the game. I don't treat the L-1 vote like it's the hammer, because it's not. It's a vote.

Policy lynch is a mischaracterization. I'm lynching a player because he is scummy and promises inactivity (meaning less additional info on alignment)

And I didn't unvote because I don't expect himm to replace out, and it would be lots of effort to unvote him and revote him. Someone who would self vote probably doesn't have the decency to give his faction a chance by replacing out either.
"Well, I..."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count VI:

[2] ahoda - (ahoda, popsofctown)

[1] razorback - (Red Star)
[1] Kranix - (kelikar)
[1] popsofctown - (horrordude0215)
[0] skerterg - ( )
[0] horrordude0215 - ()
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] keikar - ()
[0] Red Star - ()

[4]
Not voting
- (Exilon, Kranix, skerterg, razorback)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods:

Kranix
has gone more than 48 hours without posting and may be prodded on request. If he goes more than 72 hours without posting, he will be prodded.

♪ You'd better be careful what you say ♫ It never really added up anyway ♫ I've got friends in this town. ♪
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

popsofctown wrote:My vote's on the scummiest slot in the game. I don't treat the L-1 vote like it's the hammer, because it's not. It's a vote.
I still think that L-1 is a bit of a gutsy move... Sure it would be obv scum for someone to quickhammer, but at the same time they could say "I miscounted the votes" or something, and if town did that, it would be devastating to have 2 mislynches in a row because of something like that.
Policy lynch is a mischaracterization. I'm lynching a player because he is scummy and promises inactivity (meaning less additional info on alignment)
Your post, to me, seemed like you were lynching him not because he was scummy, but because he was useless. I see that as a PL.

it would be lots of effort to unvote him and revote him.
Explain how going Unvote ahoda, vote [new player] and then Unvote new player, vote ahoda really takes that much effort.
Someone who would self vote probably doesn't have the decency to give his faction a chance by replacing out either.
Just wondering, have you seen self votes from scum or town more often?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Town. Most players are town, so go figure.

Perhaps effort isn't the word. It's not that I don't want to hit the keys, it's just that I don't like to move my vote around unnecessarily. It's noise.
"Well, I..."

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”