Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Pointing out obvious modfishing is contributing.

How does one fish the mod? Asking to get information about what people may do for night actions, particularly in a way that may reveal other role info. Yeah, you could send it in a PM, but publicly could be seen as "townie".
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Timeater »

I was asking questions about the basic makup of the game. Are you saying those questions were in no way beneficial to the town?
watch for the eggshells
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:10 am

Post by iLord »

Vote Count the Fourth

Snow_Bunny (3): Thor665, Doombunny9, Timeater
Doombunny9 (3): McGriddle, Zhero, MonkeyMan576
Thor665 (2): TheButtonmen, Snow_Bunny
TheButtonmen (2): semioldguy, esuriospiritus
Timeater (1): Riceballtail

Not Voting (1): pman5595,

With twelve alive, it's seven to lynch.

Prods going out to semioldguy and pman5595

Deadline on May 9th, 8:00 PM EST
Last edited by iLord on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Doombunny9 wrote:
SB wrote:1) I already answered this. Please read before posting. kthnk. But, if by any chance you missed that, I'll tell you again: because scum doesn't want spotlight so early on. Town really shouldn't care as much as scum. And thus, it's a town-tell at best.
No, you haven't answered this. You answered why you think why its not scummy but you never said why it's town to self vote. being in the spotlight may not equal scum but it doesn't equal town either. Besides, if it was town to self vote in the RVS wouldn't everyone self vote thus making it null?
This is horrible logic. You're basically saying that for something to be a town tell, everyone has to do it. As someone once said, "common sense isn't so common". Also, not everyone plays mafia at the same skill level, and not everyone uses the same tactics.

It's fine if you don't like self votes, but using poor logic to try and incriminate someone is not pro-town.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Riceball- erm... what? asking mod a question is scummy now?
Monkey wrote:This is horrible logic. You're basically saying that for something to be a town tell, everyone has to do it. As someone once said, "common sense isn't so common". Also, not everyone plays mafia at the same skill level, and not everyone uses the same tactics.
That was not the point I was trying to make there. The first part of my post was to say "No, you didn't answer the question" and the second part was to show how her statement was WIFOM. Even if not everyone knows that self-voting is "town" (we're pretending its townish here), scum can do it just as easily. Self voting wouldn't hurt them so if they'd get town points out of it, I'm pretty sure they'd go for it.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Doombunny9 wrote:Riceball- erm... what? asking mod a question is scummy now?
Monkey wrote:This is horrible logic. You're basically saying that for something to be a town tell, everyone has to do it. As someone once said, "common sense isn't so common". Also, not everyone plays mafia at the same skill level, and not everyone uses the same tactics.
That was not the point I was trying to make there. The first part of my post was to say "No, you didn't answer the question" and the second part was to show how her statement was WIFOM. Even if not everyone knows that self-voting is "town" (we're pretending its townish here), scum can do it just as easily. Self voting wouldn't hurt them so if they'd get town points out of it, I'm pretty sure they'd go for it.
You could just as easily say if everyone knew using good logic was town, everyone would use good logic. The point is everyone doesn't self vote, but the fact that everyone doesn't do it doesn't make it scummy. But it is generally true that scum prefer to lurk rather than bring attention to themselves.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Zhero »

Riceballtail wrote: VOTE:Timeater

Obviously fishing to see if he can do heroic things without being caught. (Post 90)
He could just as easily be asking about the villainous public deeds. This is a really weird accusation.

This whole 'scum don't want the spotlight' thing is bizarre too. Some scum get really gung-ho in the thread, get lots of town cred, and end up controlling the flow of the game. I'd say willingness to be in the spotlight is player-based, not alignment-based.
-Zhero
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Zhero wrote:
Riceballtail wrote: VOTE:Timeater

Obviously fishing to see if he can do heroic things without being caught. (Post 90)
He could just as easily be asking about the villainous public deeds. This is a really weird accusation.

This whole 'scum don't want the spotlight' thing is bizarre too. Some scum get really gung-ho in the thread, get lots of town cred, and end up controlling the flow of the game. I'd say willingness to be in the spotlight is player-based, not alignment-based.
I think generally if you have two players one who is hyber-lurking and one player who is hyper-active, more often than not the lurker will be scum. There are players that like to be active as scum, but this isn't the norm in my experience.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by pman5595 »

OUCH! *has received prod*

yeah, sorry about my inactivity. I am rereading so expect content and possibly a vote soon.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'll agree with Zhero on the spotlight thing. As I believe I've already said, I've seen quiet lurking scum, and I've seen bombastic howling scum - and generally they appear to play their town roles in similar ways.

@Zhero - seeing as how you're on the 'other' bunny wagon could you explain why you do not like the Snow_Bunny wagon and why you think Doombunny is the better scum suspect?

@riceballtail - do you have any links showing successful use of your modfishing scumtell?
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by pman5595 »

just reread and OH MY GOD KEEP THEORY DISCUSSIONS OUT OF GAMES. Please? Thanks. Ok. There is little to note in the pages I have missed since it is filled with THEORY DISCUSSION :x but the most noteworthy was the recent spat between Timeater and Riceballtail. Riceballtail seems like he is trying to find the easiest thing for him to put a vote on, and give an excuse for contribution. Timeater's confirmation question was actually a pro-town thing to do in my opinion. Riceballtail seems like lazyscum to me.
Vote: Riceballtail
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

@Mod
: My vote was actually on Buttonmen. But that's okay, I'm switching it again anyway.

unvote; Vote: Riceballtail

You have four posts in five pages, and yet when you do finally decide to contribute something, it's some piece of crap accusation for asking a question about the setup? What?
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

EBWOP:

@Thor
: This isn't at all relevant to the game, but I just noticed that I live like 60 miles from you, lawl.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

I have to agree with the votes on rice and she better give a helluva good reason for her vote/accusation if she doesn't want me to vote her. I mean, I've seen some pretty crappy reasons for voting people but for asking the mod a question about the setup? That HAS to be the worst.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Villains, being town, have no concern if their evil deeds were shown tied to their names or not. Thus, such a question would have no need to come up in my mind if I were town. Only scum would be worried as it would clearly tie them to being heroes, and making them obvious lynch targets.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Well, I think its fairly obvious now I'm gonna
Unvote, Vote: Riceballtail
Come up with something better next time kthx.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

That's a good point, asking a mod a question is a poor reason for voting someone.

Unvote:
Vote: Riceballtail

That's L-3 I think
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
SOG wrote:@Snow_Bunny
What are your thoughts of McGriddle?
I wonder, why McGriddle specifically? Anyways, there's not much to say, except that my point about differentiating joke posts and important posts in the rvs is quite well explained. Thor's overdefensiveness over a single vote, and a rv, says a lot. But well, I guess there are people who just sees what they want to see. :/
Do you think he is more likely to be scum at this point or less likely than the other players in this game?

Also this Riceballtail thing seems a little blown out of proportion to me. The most recent post from Riceballtail makes sense and explains the vote fairly well. People piled on the votes a little too quickly.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@MonkeyMan - you cite your current vote on Riceballtail as her having a poor reason to vote someone (modfishing)

Your previous vote was on Doombunny for pretty much the same thing (claiming self vote = scummy) Yet currently Doombunny is also voting for Riceballtail for the exact same reason.

1. What makes this particular bad reason to vote scummier then Doombunny's bad reason to vote?

2. How do you feel about voting the same way as Doombunny considering your earlier reason to vote for him?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Thor665 wrote:@MonkeyMan - you cite your current vote on Riceballtail as her having a poor reason to vote someone (modfishing)

Your previous vote was on Doombunny for pretty much the same thing (claiming self vote = scummy) Yet currently Doombunny is also voting for Riceballtail for the exact same reason.

1. What makes this particular bad reason to vote scummier then Doombunny's bad reason to vote?

2. How do you feel about voting the same way as Doombunny considering your earlier reason to vote for him?
1. The Doombunny wagon was pretty much a difference of theory opinion. There's arguments on both sides. I think Riceballtail's vote is worse.

2. I don't usually base my votes by how others are voting, unless there's a clear indication of alignment. At this point while I find Doombunny's wagon on Snowbunny to be flawed, him being on the Riceballtail wagon gives him some slight town points in my book, although he could just be wagon hopping.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:1. The Doombunny wagon was pretty much a difference of theory opinion. There's arguments on both sides. I think Riceballtail's vote is worse.
Yet you are voting Riceballtail for voting on a scumtell that you disagree with.
You voted Doombunny for voting on a scumtell you disagree with.

It seems odd to claim there are two sides to Doombunny's scumtell but that Riceballtail's scumtell is not a difference in theory. What am I missing here?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Semioldguy wrote:Also this Riceballtail thing seems a little blown out of proportion to me. The most recent post from Riceballtail makes sense and explains the vote fairly well. People piled on the votes a little too quickly.
Erm... explain? Riceballs vote makes no sense unless for some reason it got scummy to ask the mod a question overnight when I wasn't looking.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Thor665 wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:1. The Doombunny wagon was pretty much a difference of theory opinion. There's arguments on both sides. I think Riceballtail's vote is worse.
Yet you are voting Riceballtail for voting on a scumtell that you disagree with.
You voted Doombunny for voting on a scumtell you disagree with.

It seems odd to claim there are two sides to Doombunny's scumtell but that Riceballtail's scumtell is not a difference in theory. What am I missing here?
There's just less reasoning on the riceballtail wagon. There's never been any precedent to suggest that asking for a clarification from the mod is scummy.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

EBWOP: Less reaoning on RBT's part...
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

RBT's scumtell is flawed for a few reasons; for example there are protown reasons for wanting to know this. Such as if they were public we could force everyone to perform some predetermined action to stop scum for doing their deeds or if only the results (Not the perpetrator) are known we can co-ordinate actions and see how much variance from the planned actions to see how many scum were active that night doing their own thing. Also imo scum would be more likely to ask in private via PM rather then in thread.

That being said the wagon on RBT is even worse, her vote while for a flawed tell the vote itself was decently explained and the reasoning behind its motivations makes sense; the rush of votes onto it is another story.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”