Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 957 - Everyone's a Hero Mafia - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 am

Post by iLord »

"Everyone's a hero in their own way / Everyone's got villains they must face."

Apparently, Captain Hammer's words apply to villains themselves as well. I guess you could call them heroes too, with all the crap they've got to put up with in this world. Twelve of you have been called together at a meeting for the Evil League of Evil to resolve the issue of heroes once and for all. Some of you are official honorary members of the league. Some of you are not. Some of you aren't even really that evil. And some of you are actually heroes donning top-quality disguises trying to foil the ELE's carefully crafted plans by killing them all. So in a way, the heroes are the villains in this encounter, and villains are the heroes. Let's all have at it, and may the best faction live to eat frozen yogurt another day.

Still Alive:

*semioldguy
**Snow_Bunny
Timeater
rewq455 (McGriddle)
Thor665

Untimely Dead:

pman5595,
Justice Joe
, was lynched Day 1.
Zhero,
Pink Pummeler
, was killed Night 1.
Doombunny9,
Bad Horse
, was killed Night 1.
Riceballtail,
Snake Bite
, was lynched Day 2.
MonkeyMan576,
Penny
, was lynched Day 3
esuriospiritus,
Hourglass
, was killed Night 3.
TheButtonmen,
Dr. Horrible
, was killed Night 3.
Snow_Bunny_Is_Awesome,
Recruit
, was lynched Day 4.

Current Deadline:
Last edited by iLord on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 44 times in total.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:01 am

Post by iLord »

Standard Rules:

[01] This is a game, so while you can have fun, be considerate of me and the other players. Don't be a douche.

[02] This is a commitment, so keep track of this game. You must post at least once every 48 hours, or be prodded. Then you will have another 48 hours to respond. If you are prodded three times, then you are replaced. However, real life is still more important than this. If something comes up that will make this not possible, PM me. Don’t be afraid to ask for a replacement if playing in this game would not be possible due to unforeseen developments.

[03] Votes are formatted
Vote: iLord
. A majority of votes will be needed to lynch. You can vote
No Lynch
, and you may
Unvote
before you change your vote, although doing so is not strictly neccessary. Once a player has received a majority of votes, he is lynched – unvoting will do nothing. Note that it will just require half of town, and not a majority to No Lynch.

[04] There are no standard deadlines, but I will setup a 2-week deadline if activity declines. At a deadline, if no majority is reached, then the Day ends with a No Lynch. Nights will have a standard deadline of three days, but may be extended if needed.

[05]
No quoting any PM’s anywhere
except for your role name. You may not use
MOD TEXT

[06] You may not communicate with players in this game about this game unless your role specifically states that you may. You may only post one contentless “Bah” post after you are dead.

[07] If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or thoughts about the set-up PM me.
I may or may not be able to answer your question but asking can’t hurt.

[08] I make mistakes, so if you think that there is a mistake, PM me.

[09] If a rule in the Special Rules, a role in the game, or a statement made directly by me to you overrides one of the Normal Rules, follow the amended rule.

[10] I reserve the right to change the rules whenever I feel that it is necessary. In the case that I do so, I will notify the players of the change.

Special Rules:

[01] Each player will start off with Hero or Villain Points depending on their alignment.

[02] Some abilities cost Points. You may not use these abilities unless you have more than the required cost, and after using the ability, whether or not it is successful, the cost in Points will be deducted from your Points total.

[03] Whenever a Villain is lynched, each Villain voting him loses 1 Villain Point and each Hero voting him gains 1 Hero Point.

[04] Whenever a Hero is lynched, each Villain voting him gains 1 Villain Point and each Hero voting him loses 1 Hero Point.

[05]
Villain Win Condition
: You win when all of the Heroes are eliminated.

[06] Each night, a player may attempt to use either one personal night action or attempt one public deed. The latter will give you Villain or Hero Points (Depending on the deed), but may or may not be successful.

Evil Public Deeds:

- Kill Someone!
- Disrupt the Mayor's Dedication
- Rob a Bank
- Pull a Heist
- Volunteer for the Evil Henchmen's Union

Good Public Deeds:

- Beat up a Villain
- Report a Friend
- Volunteer at the Homeless Shelter

[07] Behavioral Analysis > Role Analysis
Last edited by iLord on Sun May 30, 2010 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 am

Post by iLord »

Role PM's are being sent out - please confirm by replying. Day will start when at least ten of the twelve players have confirmed. Roles that may ordinarily only communicate at night may do so at this time and may continue to do so up until exactly 24 hours after Day 1 officially begins.

All Role PM's have been sent out.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 am

Post by iLord »

Everyone except for semioldguy has confirmed. He will have 48 more hours to do so. Meanwhile, Day 1 begins! Nightalking may continue until 6:00 PM EST, April 20th.

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Riceballtail »

VOTE:Snow Bunny
for not having a terrible laugh. It's all about standards.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: Snow Bunny
for having underthings tumbling.

But mostly because early bandwagons are a good way out of RVS.

For the Mod
- is there somewhere where the various Deeds and what those actions mean is explained that I have missed, or is that part of the mystery of the setup as well?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Vote: SnowBunny

She's a villain. That can't be good.

Oh wait...
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Self-voting is never good play. I am happy with my vote. Now that we're out of the RVS I'd like to see more scum hunting from everyone.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by iLord »

Thor665 wrote:For the Mod - is there somewhere where the various Deeds and what those actions mean is explained that I have missed, or is that part of the mystery of the setup as well?
You've missed nothing - all of the given information is under the Special Rules of that post.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Snow... why the self vote? No reason for anyone to be doing that...

Vote: Snow_Bunny
for self voting and because I don't really have anyone better to vote.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Vote: Doombunny
for being the OTHER bunny
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Hi, McGriddle, I helped lynch you once.

What is your opinion of self voting and why do you not want to support the other bunny wagon?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Well then;
Vote: Thor
for a veritable cornucopia of reasons. Up to and including trying to end RVS this early, his comment about how he wants good scumhunting from every one sets up bullshit excuse to wagon, his confirm vote for no reason; if it's always bad play it's not a scum tell, why does it confirm your vote? Also Thor is obvhero, just look at the name!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

TheButtonmen wrote:Up to and including trying to end RVS this early
I'll contentedly accept your other accusations but find this one quite interesting. Why do you think it's bad to end the RVS quickly? What possible gain for town is there in keeping it going longer?
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Thor665 wrote:Hi, McGriddle, I helped lynch you once.

What is your opinion of self voting and why do you not want to support the other bunny wagon?
Lol I don't like the idea of self-voting, unless you are scum, there is no reason for it. I don't care too much for your bunnys wagon because it is RVS
Wins/Losses - 99/15

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

So Thor's admitted he's
scum
an hero! Days over, let's lynch him and move forward victoriously into day 2!

@Thor:
By the nature of RVS scum doesn't know to act thus it's a time when they can make errors more easily.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@TheButtonmen - agreed, but the only way to force them to act in a way that can later prove to be scummy is to take them out of the "security" that is the ability to say 'c'mon, it was just the RVS, nothing's serious.' Therefore I take everything serious right off the bat and try to move us into regular thought quickly because I think scum are not yet ready for that.

@McGriddle - why is the wagon bad simply because it's RVS? All RVS means is that we have a limited amount of knowledge to work from. You have already stated that you don't think self-voting is useful unless you are scum - therefore either Snow_Bunny is scum or is playing terribly as town and deserves some votes.

Why do you think it is better to vote Doombunny9 at this point?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Pfft, you take things too seriously in the rvs.

In my opinion, trying to end quickly the rvs when nothing good has still come out is scummy.

Unvote, vote: Thor

Die hero.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

McGriddle- I like your random vote after the RVS is more or less over.
McGriddle wrote:Lol I don't like the idea of self-voting, unless you are scum, there is no reason for it. I don't care too much for your bunnys wagon because it is RVS
Erm... What? Isn't your vote on me RVS? If not, can you give me a reason for it?
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Getting a town read from both Thor and Button. It seems as if scum would not want to argue, but try to stay under the radar without lurking. Yay for quick end to RVS. Carry on.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Pfft, you take things too seriously in the rvs.

In my opinion, trying to end quickly the rvs when nothing good has still come out is scummy.
I take things too seriously in the RVS? To my mind that suggests that you feel things shouldn't be taken seriously in the RVS.

...then you say that I'm trying to end it before something 'good' comes out of it (also, the only 'good' that comes out of RVS in my opinion is that eventually someone takes something seriously and you can start having real discussion)? How can anything 'good' come out of it if we aren't taking it seriously? At what point are we allowed to look for 'good' stuff and at what point is it then acceptable to take things seriously? If you can't answer this, why is it unreasonable to start taking things seriously at any time you feel like?

Should I take your vote for me seriously? Or is it RVS and shouldn't be taken seriously? (<--serious question)
pman5595 wrote:Getting a town read from both Thor and Button. It seems as if scum would not want to argue, but try to stay under the radar without lurking. Yay for quick end to RVS. Carry on.
If you feel the RVS is over and already have two town reads why wouldn't you vote for someone at this juncture? Also, how valid do you actually believe being active is as a town tell? I've seen very active scum in multiple games, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile tell.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Thor665 wrote:
pman5595 wrote:Getting a town read from both Thor and Button. It seems as if scum would not want to argue, but try to stay under the radar without lurking. Yay for quick end to RVS. Carry on.
If you feel the RVS is over and already have two town reads why wouldn't you vote for someone at this juncture? Also, how valid do you actually believe being active is as a town tell? I've seen very active scum in multiple games, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile tell.
I do not have any scum reads at this point; although we are out the RVS, it is still early. I definitely want to wait for everyone to post before voting. Being active is a gut town-tell; it is instinct. However, it should be avoided if possible as it in reality means nothing. Being active is not a town tell, but trying to remain unnoticed is usually a scum tell.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by pman5595 »

and yes, I went out of my way to use a semi-colon twice.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

I'm really not liking Thor just saying;
Thor665 wrote:I'll contentedly accept your other accusations but find this one quite interesting.
Why try to bury the others? Why only respond to what you consider the weakest one?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Thor665 »

TheButtonmen wrote:Why try to bury the others? Why only respond to what you consider the weakest one?
I'm not sure I feel I responded to the weakest one, but fair enough;
TheButtonmen wrote:Well then; Vote: Thor for a veritable cornucopia of reasons. Up to and including [1]trying to end RVS this early, [2]his comment about how he wants good scumhunting from every one sets up bullSmurf excuse to wagon, [3]his confirm vote for no reason; [4]if it's always bad play it's not a scum tell, why does it confirm your vote? [5]Also Thor is obvhero, just look at the name!
1. I still don't see trying to end the RVS as scummy - are you actually claiming this as a scumtell?

2. My comment about wanting good scumhunting sets up my wagon of Snow_Bunny? How does it do this? Wouldn't an overall request for more scumhunting simply be a request for...well, scumhunting?

3. I specifically gave a reason for my vote in my very first post. Why are you ignoring that reason?

4. Something that is always bad play could still be a scumtell I suppose, but I'll accept this thought. At the very least I consider self-voting to be bad play unless you are scum and thus my idea holds for what I was advancing. I consider this to have been either bad play or an attempt to dismiss my vote by trying to be funny. I consider the former scummy and the latter at least not a good reason to remove my vote. Thus, I am happy with where my vote is because Snow_Bunny is the scummiest player I've seen.

5. I think this is probably your weakest point, do you seriously consider this a reasonable point?
pman5595 wrote:Getting a town read from both Thor and Button....[snip]...Being active is not a town tell
Why do you have a town read on me and Button again?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”