NYPD Mafia (night 1, sending roles, 11/22)

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

NYPD Mafia (night 1, sending roles, 11/22)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:46 am

Post by mith »

Current Status:
Sending roles, everyone has a choice, so get your night 1 choice in ASAP. Deadline is 11/22, same time as this post.

New York's Finest:

Coolbot
Cubsfan4life
DarkLight140
Electra
Flying Dutchman
Fuldu
jeep
KingEnigma
lulu muumuu
Mastermind of Sin
mole
NanooktheWolf
PeaceBringer
Quailman
rolandofthewhite
Save the Dragons
SpeedyKQ
spork76
Thoth
Xanthe

Sleeping with the Fishes:

(none... yet)

New York, 1946. A bloody war between Mafia families has begun, and while the NYPD probably has enough to worry about already, the boys in blue have been warned to look out for suspicious behavior within. Everyone is involved in a little honest graft, but some are into more shady deals with the criminal underworld. All good police officers have been asked to use their investigative skills (as inadequate as they may be) to find the bad seeds and put them away.

Setup:

4 Barzini Cops:

You are a Cop loyal to the Barzini Family. Each night, one of you may make a kill, while the other three can use their investigative powers. Among you, one is Sane (gets correct result every time), one is Insane (gets incorrect result every time), one is Paranoid (gets "bad cop" every time), and one is Naïve (gets "good cop" every time). Note that the choice of killer only affects who doesn't get to make a investigation; everyone in the group will come up the same to any other investigation, regardless of whether they killed that night or not.

You can send your four choices as a group or individually; I prefer individually so I know that everyone is active in the game. In the event that more than one of you has a kill choice in at deadline, I will choose the kill choice from the most recent group orders (if there is one), or the most recent individual kill order if there isn't a group order, and the other kill choices will be void.

If you have any questions, PM me. It's night 1, choices (and confirmations if someone in your group is sending your choice) due at deadline (see thread).

4 Corleone Cops:

You are a Cop loyal to the Corleone Family. Each night, one of you may make a kill, while the other three can use their investigative powers. Among you, one is Sane (gets correct result every time), one is Insane (gets incorrect result every time), one is Paranoid (gets "bad cop" every time), and one is Naïve (gets "good cop" every time). Note that the choice of killer only affects who doesn't get to make a investigation; everyone in the group will come up the same to any other investigation, regardless of whether they killed that night or not.

You can send your four choices as a group or individually; I prefer individually so I know that everyone is active in the game. In the event that more than one of you has a kill choice in at deadline, I will choose the kill choice from the most recent group orders (if there is one), or the most recent individual kill order if there isn't a group order, and the other kill choices will be void.

If you have any questions, PM me. It's night 1, choices (and confirmations if someone in your group is sending your choice) due at deadline (see thread).

12 Good Cops:

You are an honest Cop. Each night, you may investigate one other player. Among the honest Cops, three are Sane (gets correct result every time), three are Insane (gets incorrect result every time), three are Paranoid (gets "bad cop" every time), and three are Naïve (gets "good cop" every time).

If you have any questions, PM me. It's night 1, choices due at deadline (see thread).

Standard Rules:

1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.
2. Do not post anything game-related at night. Most moderators will close the threads at night, but it is still your responsibility to check that it is daytime before you post. (note: Only an issue in twilight, as I will be locking threads. See below.)
3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.
4. Votes should look like:
Vote: Player
. Some moderators will not count a vote unless it is in this format. (note: Unvotes for switches are not necessary, but include them if you like.)
5. Never show emails or PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden. (note: Not relevant, the PMs are quoted above.)
6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the group, and only do that at night.
7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names. You will get caught, and possibly banned if I am feeling mean. (Ok, probably not, but moderators are unlikely to let you play.)
8. Lynching requires a >50% majority. If a deadline is required (see 9), the player with the most votes will be lynches as long as they have >1/3 of the population voting for them. If there is a tie, then:
a. If it is a 50-50 split, both will be lynched.
b. If there are players not voting for one of the two, day will continue until someone unvotes, switches, or adds a vote to one of the two.
9. Deadlines will only be used if the post rate drops below a 1 post per player for day average. For the purposes of this rules, consecutive posts by the same player will be counted as one post. Deadlines will last 48 hours, not counting Sundays, and will be very strict since there will be no role claiming or cop/etc. information revealed.
10. As soon as someone reaches a majority, or the deadline is reached, day is over. Try to remember to check the thread before you post if it is near a majority/deadline.
11. Night deadlines will last a minimum of 48 hours and a maximum of 72 hours, not counting Sundays. As soon as I have the Mafia choice after the minimum, I will post the scene and day will start. Therefore, if you want to use your vigilante kill, send it ASAP.

(note: This series of games will be mirrored on the GL (assuming I can get 20 to sign up over there ;)). If you sign up there, don't sign up here, and vice versa. Since it's possible that an interesting strategy might come up in any of the games, I would prefer you did not read the other game until yours is completed, but that is, of course, unenforcable.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”