Newbie #950 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie #950 (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:52 am

Post by iamausername »

The mafia has invaded your town, and you will stand for it no longer! To the town square, everybody, we've got a lynching to organise!

The Players:

Alive (4/9)

_j west
Skill006, Doctor - Survived

Charlou, Townie - Survived
Deer†, Townie - Survived

vezopiraka, Cop - Survived

(Names marked with a * are Inexperience Challenged players. Names marked with a † are Semi-Experienced players.)

Dead (5/9)

Lord Baltheir, Mafia Goon - Lynched Day One

Amish_Charney, Townie - Killed Night One
fuzzylightning*, Townie - Lynched Day Two
I Am Innocent†, Townie - Killed Night Two

Dr. Glunk
RealityFan, Mafia Roleblocker - Lynched Day Three

Current Status:

Phase: Game Over
Deadline: -
Last edited by iamausername on Thu May 27, 2010 7:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:52 am

Post by iamausername »

The Rules:

1. Social Contract

*This is a game. I've done my best while setting it up to make it enjoyable for everyone. Fun is our first priority.

*I will do the following:
=treat this game as my MafiaScum priority, as a committment to the players
=post votecounts at least once per page whenever possible
=prod players w/o prompting
=answer questions as soon as possible

*I expect all players to do the following:
=have fun and play to win
=treat the game as a commitment to yourself, to the other players and to me
=not make personal attacks
=stay active per my activity policy
=bring concerns or problems to my attention as soon as possible

2. Activity

*This game will have fixed deadlines (extensible only in extreme circumstances) and I expect players to actively participate.

*Deadlines for days are 3 weeks long. Deadlines for nights will be 72 hours long. All deadlines will expire at 7PM GMT. However, if a player is in need of replacement during a night phase, the night will not end until that replacement is found, regardless of whether or not that player has a night action to perform.

*Players not posting for 72 hours will be prodded and must respond in the game thread within 24 hours, or risk being replaced.

*If you see a player has not posted in thread for 72 hours and I have not announced a prod, please PM me. All prods are stated publicly.

*If you will be away and unable to post over 48 hours, please let me know. You may be replaced if I believe your absence will disrupt the game.

3. Votes and Lynches

*Lynches will only occur with a true majority of voters (Half the number of living players plus one). Once a person has reached a majority, they are dead and unvoting them will not stop the lynch.

*If the deadline hits before anyone has been lynched, then no one will be lynched.

*Votes and unvotes should be bolded in the following format (
vote: iamausername
unvote: iamausername
). It is not necessary to unvote before making a new vote.

*Players may vote for no lynch to occur on any given day (
vote: No Lynch
). A majority of votes for no lynch will end the day and no one will be lynched.

*Until I have counted the votes and posted the death scene and role reveal, all players including the lynchee may continue to post.

*Once I have posted a scene indicating that a player is dead, they are not to post anything else at all, not even a "Bah!" post.

4. Other (but still important!) Stuff
*Do not post or quote directly from any PM or communication outside this thread between me and you or you and another player. Do so and I will modkill you. Don't even fake it. Put whatever you have to say in your own words.

*Modkills end the day.

*Do not post in invisible/small text or otherwise attempt to hide the text of your posts.

*Do not edit your posts or the posts of others.

*Do not discuss this game with other players (whether in this game or not) outside of this thread, unless I have told you otherwise, until this game is completed.

*At my sole discretion I reserve the right to remove any player from the game and replace or modkill their role.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 am

Post by iamausername »

The Setup:

This game will use the F11 setup, as is standard for all Newbie games at the moment. This is a semi-open setup, where one of the four possibilities listed below is randomly chosen, with equal weight given to each.

- 7 Townies, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon
- 5 Townies, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon
- 6 Townies, 1 Cop, 2 Mafia Goons
- 6 Townies, 1 Doctor, 2 Mafia Goons

*In either of the first two cases, if the mafia goon is killed first, the roleblocker will be able to submit both a kill AND a block each night.

*All roles are assigned totally randomly, with no accounting for IC status, or anything else.

These are the possible Role PMs:
You are a
Townie
. During the night, you have no special abilities to use.

During the day, you must attempt to find the mafia members hidden in the town, and you may vote for which player you wish to see lynched.

You win when all mafia players are dead.
You are a
Cop
. During the night, you may choose one other player to investigate. If your investigation is not blocked, you will receive a response of "Guilty" if they are aligned with the mafia, and "Innocent" if they are aligned with the town. If your investigation is blocked, you will receive a response of "No Result".

During the day, you must attempt to find the mafia members hidden in the town, and you may vote for which player you wish to see lynched.

You are a
Doctor
. During the night, you may choose one other player to protect. If your protection is not blocked, then that player will not die if they are the target of the mafia's kill that night. You will not be informed if you are blocked.

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Your partner is
[NAME]
, who is a Mafia Goon. During the night, the two of you may converse in private and decide on one member of the town to target for a kill. In addition, you may target one player to block, and if that player is performing a special action at night, it will fail.

During the day, you must attempt to blend in with the town, and you may vote for which player you wish to see lynched. You may not communicate in private with your partner during the day.

You win when all town players are dead, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.
You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partner is
[NAME]
, who is (a Mafia Roleblocker/also a Mafia Goon). During the night, the two of you may converse in private and decide on one member of the town to target for a kill.

During the day, you must attempt to blend in with the town, and you may vote for which player you wish to see lynched.

You win when all town players are dead, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:03 am

Post by iamausername »

-=All Role PMs have gone out. Day One will begin once everyone has confirmed. Until then, mafia members may communicate in private.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:55 am

Post by iamausername »

-=All confirms are in nice and quick, so Day One is go! Deadline is set for Tuesday, 25th May. With 9 alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch.=-
Lord Baltheir
Lord Baltheir
Townie
Lord Baltheir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Lord Baltheir »

Hey all. This is gonna be my first game on these forums, hope it goes well. That's about all I got to say for now.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away, and you have their shoes too.
Charlou
Charlou
Townie
Charlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Charlou »

Hello .. This is my first game ever, so completely wet behind the ears and have nfi but very keen to learn what it's all about.

Cheers.
Amish_Charney
Amish_Charney
Townie
Amish_Charney
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Amish_Charney »

Vote- I Am Innocent
Methinks the lady protest too much already.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Deer »

Hey everyone, I'm Deer, one of the SE (semi-experienced) players around here. Feel free to ask me anything.

Let me first just say a few things before all you newbies start posting, as answers to questions I've seen in almost every newbie game ever:

1. A no-lynch is a bad idea today for statistical reasons I don't care to get into, but you can look it up if you want. Just trust me on this one.

2. What we do now is usually randomly vote for someone based off their name, avatar, whatever you want, like Amish just did. This is called the RVS stage. It helps get discussion started. Random voting is not a scumtell.

For example,
vote: Dr. Glunk
because we've already played a game together (quite a nice game, I might add).
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Welcome to Mafia Scum to all the players who are making this their first game. I would suggest that all of you have a look at a few other newbie games and even some of the other games on the site this way you can get a feel of how the game of mafia is played online.

At the top of the page is a link to the Wiki, and I would strongly recommend that everyone take a look at that so you understand a few basic terms that you will see during this game such as WIFOM.

As your IC, I am here to answer any questions you may have and to help you as you learn the ins and outs of forum mafia, so feel free to ask me anything and I will answer as best I can, or I will direct you to where you can find the answer.

I do ask, for the players purposes as well as the mod, all players get an avatar if you don't have one already, it helps us identify who we are talking to.

Vote: _j west
for use of an underscore at the beginning of his name.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Charlou
Charlou
Townie
Charlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Charlou »

This vote is literally a completely random stab in the dark (I closed my eyes and aimed my index at the list) ...

vote: Dr. Glunk
Dr. Glunk
Dr. Glunk
Townie
Dr. Glunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Dr. Glunk »

Hey guys, this is my second game of mafia. Wow two votes against me already! I don't know what to say.

Vote: Deer
because we won a game together. 8-)
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:12 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Lord Baltheir wrote:Hey all. This is gonna be my first game on these forums, hope it goes well. That's about all I got to say for now.
You joined 9 months ago and this is your first game?

Backstory please.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:12 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Charlou wrote:Hello .. This is my first game ever, so completely wet behind the ears and have nfi but very keen to learn what it's all about.

Cheers.
What is nfi?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:36 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Oh, and hello all, I am your other SE. If you have any direct questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Totally agree with Deer that a no lynch is bad.

One request I have that sometimes gets lost on newbie players....keep track of votes and do not hammer (be the final vote on) a player without giving them a chance to claim.

It is very bad to lynch one of your own power roles, Cop/Doctor. Even though they may just be offed at night, getting a 2nd chance at scum during the day is worth the claim.

You'll hear turns like L-1, L-2, etc. Each day you need a certain number of votes to lynch somebody. Day 1 (D1) it is 5. So if somebody has 2 votes, we say that they are at L-3 (3 votes away from being lynched). At L-1, it is the time to claim, esp if somebody is ready to hammer (please declare your intention to hammer before actually doing so).

That's it. Oh and except that I noticed Dr Glunk is at L-3 already. Since I am partial to the ladies I'll set up a 2nd for someone else:

vote: _j west
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 am

Post by vezopiraka »

vote i am innocent
random vote is random.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:14 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

vezopiraka wrote:
vote i am innocent
random vote is random.
Are you saying your vote is random, or chastising me for the lack of randomness in my vote?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:48 am

Post by vezopiraka »

no i just made a random vote and you were the person above me so...
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
_j west
_j west
Townie
_j west
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:13 am

Post by _j west »

I Am Innocent wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:
vote i am innocent
random vote is random.
Are you saying your vote is random, or chastising me for the lack of randomness in my vote?
I'm definitely questioning the randomness.
It's a conspiracy!

Like most people here, this is also my first mafia scum game, but far from my first time at the playground.

vote: fuzzylightning
It's not an underscore, it's an extension of the j :P
<l><l><l>
Lord Baltheir
Lord Baltheir
Townie
Lord Baltheir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Lord Baltheir »

vote: _i west

Sorry, random number generator chose you.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away, and you have their shoes too.
Lord Baltheir
Lord Baltheir
Townie
Lord Baltheir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Lord Baltheir »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Lord Baltheir wrote:Hey all. This is gonna be my first game on these forums, hope it goes well. That's about all I got to say for now.
You joined 9 months ago and this is your first game?

Backstory please.
Sorry for the double post, forgot to add this in to my vote. I made this account, signed up for a newbie game, and promptly forgot all about this place. I only remembered it last week because someone on another forum site I'm on linked to the wiki here. So I decided to sign up for a game and I plan on actually playing this time.
_j west
_j west
Townie
_j west
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:47 am

Post by _j west »

Lord Baltheir wrote:
vote: _i west

Sorry, random number generator chose you.
Next thing you'll tell me is that it was the number generator that misspelled my name.
i west just doesn't have the same ring to it.
<l><l><l>
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 8:26 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Charlou wrote:Hello .. This is my first game ever, so completely wet behind the ears and have nfi but very keen to learn what it's all about.

Cheers.
What is nfi?
No friggin' idea? :idea:
Dr. Glunk
Dr. Glunk
Townie
Dr. Glunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Dr. Glunk »

Does J West stand for Jim West? "Any damsel in distress be outta that dress when she meet Jim West."[/url]
Dr. Glunk
Dr. Glunk
Townie
Dr. Glunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Dr. Glunk »

Woops disregard that tag at the end.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”