Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Unsight »

No prod necessary horrordude0215.

unvote. vote: deadjoker

Post subject 83 is lynch-worthy. The last thing any pro-town player should be doing is telling other players how to not be scummy.

Also, attacking poor arguments is pro-town and the chainsaw tell is post-scum flip.

@Amish_Charney: Who is scum?
Games are meant to be fun.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote:No prod necessary horrordude0215.

Post subject 83 is lynch-worthy. The last thing any pro-town player should be doing is telling other players how to not be scummy.

Also, attacking poor arguments is pro-town and the chainsaw tell is post-scum flip.

If you think the scum in this game don't already know how to blend in with town then they might want to find a new game to play. Additionally, are you seriously suggesting I am blatently trying to coach pman? I've got my reasons why I put the comment in question into my post, and I am waiting for pman's response.

@horror - This answers the second part of Unsight as well - Even if you think the subject of a bandwagon could be town, it is worth the conversation to get tells on other players. Especially on the first bandwagon of the game. Unless, of course, the bandwagon is starting to look like a possible lynch. Why would you want to stop the first serious conversation? The only possible reason I could imagine to halt a mini bandwagon is if I see a blatent scum tell, not to defend the subject of the bandwagon.
So much for the thereafter.
Amish_Charney
Amish_Charney
Townie
Amish_Charney
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Amish_Charney »

...Right now I'm thinking Me=Weird... that's why I voted for him...
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by pman5595 »

If I keep getting this amount of homework I will not be able to provide content until the weekend (meaning Friday afternoon). I might be able to do something in the next few days but that is when to expect my content.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

-Vote Count-

Amish_Charney (0)
Zodiark13 (0)
pman5595 (1) - deadjoker
Unsight (0)
horrordude0215 (0)
Soundwish (0)
Katsuki (3) - Zodiark13, Empking, Me=Weird
Stef (0) -
deadjoker (1) - Unsight
Me=Weird (4) - horrordude0215, Soundwish, Exemption, Amish_Charney
Exemption (1) - Stef
Empking (1) - Katsuki

Not voting - pman5595

It's seven to lynch.

Deadline is on 19 May 2010
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:50 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

deadjoker wrote:@horror - This answers the second part of Unsight as well - Even if you think the subject of a bandwagon could be town, it is worth the conversation to get tells on other players. Especially on the first bandwagon of the game. Unless, of course, the bandwagon is starting to look like a possible lynch. Why would you want to stop the first serious conversation? The only possible reason I could imagine to halt a mini bandwagon is if I see a blatent scum tell, not to defend the subject of the bandwagon.
I can understand that, and I'm not saying that I'm trying to halt discussion... I was just saying that I don't necessarily find chainsaws scummy. Sure, they're something to look at after a scum flip, but at the same time, I know that it's my playstyle to defend people that I don't find scummy if they're under pressure. Maybe it's how he plays as well.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Exemption
Exemption
Goon
Exemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Exemption »

horrordude0215 wrote:. Sure, they're something to look at after a scum flip, but at the same time, I know that it's my playstyle to defend people that I don't find scummy if they're under pressure. Maybe it's how he plays as well.
I don't think defending someone is scummy ether. As long as you can give valid reasons to why you think that person is town.

Oh and Me=Wierd what do you think of the band wagon building up on you?
Show
Don't go over it, Don't go under it, Don't go round it, Go through it.

Side/Wins/Losses
Town/1/0

Scum/1/0

SK/0/0
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Sorry guys, something came up and I can't post today.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Unsight »

deadjoker wrote:
Unsight wrote:No prod necessary horrordude0215.

If you think the scum in this game don't already know how to blend in with town then they might want to find a new game to play. Additionally, are you seriously suggesting I am blatently trying to coach pman? I've got my reasons why I put the comment in question into my post, and I am waiting for pman's response.

@horror - This answers the second part of Unsight as well - Even if you think the subject of a bandwagon could be town, it is worth the conversation to get tells on other players. Especially on the first bandwagon of the game. Unless, of course, the bandwagon is starting to look like a possible lynch. Why would you want to stop the first serious conversation? The only possible reason I could imagine to halt a mini bandwagon is if I see a blatent scum tell, not to defend the subject of the bandwagon.
"are you seriously suggesting I am blatantly trying to coach pman" implies you know or strongly believe that pman5595 is scum. Is that the case?

How do you feel about Me=Weird's play so far and his wagon?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Unsight »

Unsight wrote:@Amish_Charney: Who is scum?
Amish_Charney wrote:...Right now I'm thinking Me=Weird... that's why I voted for him...
So Me=Weird is the only person you're suspicious of? If not, who else?
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote:
"are you seriously suggesting I am blatantly trying to coach pman" implies you know or strongly believe that pman5595 is scum. Is that the case?

Why are you throwing me a softball question? That is like asking me if I am scum or town. I'm
scum
WAIT I MEAN TOWN!

What are you trying to get at Unsight? Stop using gimmicks.

As far as Me=Weird, he seemed to go MIA at an awfully convenient time. It seems once anyone gets heat around here they go MIA ... Exemption, pman, Me=Weird. Katsuki was dragging his feet but eventually stepped up to the plate. So while I do think Me=Weird has to answer his bandwagon, it isn't an obvscum tell.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Soundwish »

I am getting the impression that Me=Weird is drifting a little. The whole thing about checking out pman seemed like it was only said so he could be seen to be doing something, especially as he didn't really provide any real thoughts on pman. I am happy with my vote.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:47 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

@Mod and Everyone: @Mod and Everyone: V/LA from Tomorrow at about Noonish until Monday

Noted.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Empking »

Exemption: Do you consider trying to format a post clearly as scummy? (Your eighth post)
Exemption: About Me=Weird. What's scummier wanting a quick lynch or parroting?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Amish_Charney
Amish_Charney
Townie
Amish_Charney
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Amish_Charney »

vote- Unsight
How about you do your own scumhunting?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Unsight »

Amish_Charney wrote:
vote- Unsight
How about you do your own scumhunting?
Serious vote or did you just not want to answer my question that badly?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Unsight »

deadjoker wrote:
Unsight wrote:

Why are you throwing me a softball question? That is like asking me if I am scum or town. I'm
scum
WAIT I MEAN TOWN!

What are you trying to get at Unsight? Stop using gimmicks.

As far as Me=Weird, he seemed to go MIA at an awfully convenient time. It seems once anyone gets heat around here they go MIA ... Exemption, pman, Me=Weird. Katsuki was dragging his feet but eventually stepped up to the plate. So while I do think Me=Weird has to answer his bandwagon, it isn't an obvscum tell.
If I was throwing softballs, you wouldn't be dodging them in all caps. And it is
very
scummy to dodge a question concerning pman's alignment considering you're voting him and all.

One more thing. You were willing enough to comment on the Katsuki wagon a couple times but didn't volunteer any comments on Me=Weird or his similar-sized wagon. Why?
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote: If I was throwing softballs, you wouldn't be dodging them in all caps. And it is
very
scummy to dodge a question concerning pman's alignment considering you're voting him and all.

One more thing. You were willing enough to comment on the Katsuki wagon a couple times but didn't volunteer any comments on Me=Weird or his similar-sized wagon. Why?
You seem determined to artificially generate a case on me by building a house of cards. No one else had such a strong reaction to my post addressing pman (Stef commented on it but left it at that), and yet you call it a "lynch-able" post. And you have yet to back that up.

I wasn't dogding at all, I was calling it a stupid question. Ask me a good question, I'll give you a good answer. Until then I'm going to wait for pman to post, who yes I do strongly suspect of being scum, and I am content to leave it at that.

By the way, are you even reading the thread? If you have been reading my posts at all you should already know I suspect pman. Any reason why you are harping on this point?

And I don't have a read on Me=Weird, and again, am waiting for him to post anything of substence. Katsuki was a bit more active, and I had more material to analyze. Again, are you reading the thread?

And this post of mine alone is almost longer than all of your posts combined this game (not counting quoting). Seems like you are willing to ping people with questions and throwing out accusations while minimizing your content. Are you doing this on purpose?
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

Have to help with dinner, don't have time to address everything, but
deadjoker wrote:As far as Me=Weird, he seemed to go MIA at an awfully convenient time.
If you checked my wiki for the other games I'm in, you'd see that I said that in all of them.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Unsight »

deadjoker wrote:You seem determined to artificially generate a case on me by building a house of cards. No one else had such a strong reaction to my post addressing pman (Stef commented on it but left it at that), and yet you call it a "lynch-able" post. And you have yet to back that up.

I wasn't dogding at all, I was calling it a stupid question. Ask me a good question, I'll give you a good answer. Until then I'm going to wait for pman to post, who yes I do strongly suspect of being scum, and I am content to leave it at that.

By the way, are you even reading the thread? If you have been reading my posts at all you should already know I suspect pman. Any reason why you are harping on this point?

And I don't have a read on Me=Weird, and again, am waiting for him to post anything of substence. Katsuki was a bit more active, and I had more material to analyze. Again, are you reading the thread?

And this post of mine alone is almost longer than all of your posts combined this game (not counting quoting). Seems like you are willing to ping people with questions and throwing out accusations while minimizing your content. Are you doing this on purpose?
If you "strongly suspect [pman] of being scum" then why are you "content to leave it at that?"

"waiting for him [Me=Weird] to post anything of substence" while half-heartedly pursuing someone else looks like a precursor to an opportunistic vote.

If by "minimizing your content" you mean avoiding walls of text then yes. I started out posting that way in games and only after running into other people who do that did I suddenly realize how annoying it is to respond, quote, or even just read those posts. If I can make my points without giant blocks of text then so much the better as it's easier for me to write and easier for everyone else to read.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote:
Point 1:
If you "strongly suspect [pman] of being scum" then why are you "content to leave it at that?"

Point 2:
"waiting for him [Me=Weird] to post anything of substence" while half-heartedly pursuing someone else looks like a precursor to an opportunistic vote.

Point 3:
If by "minimizing your content" you mean avoiding walls of text then yes. I started out posting that way in games and only after running into other people who do that did I suddenly realize how annoying it is to respond, quote, or even just read those posts. If I can make my points without giant blocks of text then so much the better as it's easier for me to write and easier for everyone else to read.
Point 1: I am "content to leave it at that" because I can't comment anymore on pman until he posts. I can't be more or less suspicious of him until he returns from his V/LA and becomes more active. My suspicions are just that, nothing is set in stone, and I need more info. In the meantime I'm looking for other scum, because I'm pretty sure he isn't the only one (read: cynical joke). But a lot of inactivity and V/LA (It is finals for college players, so I understand it, even if it is conveniently timed for some players) has slowed the game down and I don't have good reads on anyone else.

Point 2: Again, I am not half-heartedly pursuing pman, because I can't pursue anymore than I have until he posts. I'm starting to wonder if you are trying to make a point or just "win" the debate. Or trying to pre-emptively scare me off of switching my vote to Me=Weird (which, despite your post, I will do in a heartbeat if I see Me=Weird drop a scumtell).

Point 3: I agree, walls of text are just as bad as a slew of two-liner posts sprinkled throughout the conversation. But there is a difference between a brief well-thought out post and a two-liner ping or accusation. A well-thought out post has information and analysis. A two-liner is false activity in order to prevent from being tagged as a lurker and coax the town into looking at other players.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Unsight »

That answers my questions well enough.

unvote. vote: Amish_Charney

@Number 3: Not everything needs a large explanation or analysis. Sometimes it does (see my response to your "minimizing your content" question) and sometimes it doesn't. Either way, if I'm not being clear about something, just let me know.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Stef »

I'm still here, reading the game but finding myself short on time with work and school and exams just around the corner. Have a few things to say and will do my best to post in the next 24 hours.

Sorry guys.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Exemption
Exemption
Goon
Exemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by Exemption »

Empking wrote:Exemption: Do you consider trying to format a post clearly as scummy? (Your eighth post)
Exemption: About Me=Weird. What's scummier wanting a quick lynch or parroting?
Man bad wording on my part there. I was talking about the way your post is set out like an interrogation. It is very lawyer like. Just seems to be set out in a way designed to make him slip up and contradict himself. Not that this would be a bad thing I just read through it quickly and thought that there was lots of reasons in your post then I looked closer and say that actually you were just making a few points but doing it in such a way that let you ask loads of questions not just one or two.

Wanting a quick lynch. He is a new player like me and sometimes finding reasons that are not spotted by more experienced player is hard. As long as he admits he is just agreeing with reasons pointed out by other players.
Show
Don't go over it, Don't go under it, Don't go round it, Go through it.

Side/Wins/Losses
Town/1/0

Scum/1/0

SK/0/0
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 1:39 am

Post by Empking »

Exemption: Is your suspicion on Me=Weird about wanting a quick lynch or wanting to lynch anyone quickly (or something else)?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”