Open 228 - Mafia in KyleVille - Game Over!

kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Day One Vote Count:

Not Voting (2): Muthaa, Merkabah
Merkabah (1): Robocopter87
Robocopter87 (1): Kthxbye
Oopidstay (2): Empking, Karma
Karma (1): Hershey Kiss
Robocopter87 (1): PaltryExcuse
Empking (1): Oopidstay

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Karma »

Repeatedly calling my reasoning crappy just makes you scummier. Just because you say "wah wah wah it's not a scumtell i'm not scummy" doesn't make it so.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Muthaa »

Oopidstay wrote:@ Muthaa: Quite literally the only thing Empking has done is vote me for exactly the same reason Karma has. My point is even though Karma is flat-out wrong, at least he's making an effort. As far as I can tell, Empking is lurking while voting on someone else's (flawed) reasoning. Which one looks worse?

Also, I never said giving crappy reasoning was a town tell. Would you mind not putting words in my mouth, please? Thank you.
Empking voted for you at the first page and it was his first post and since it's the only thing he did I'd say it's a random vote. Also, I don't think we played long enough to say that someone is lurking.

Karma's vote was obviously a random one. You just started giving him/her minor tells that made that vote stay on you.

None actually look bad...

You said Karma's reasoning was bad and unvoted him, then you voted for Empking because he didn't give one. I put words into your actions not your mouth.
ðÿðÀ mð©pe tpð© ÐÆað▓oð╗a ð▓ð©pe.
"La mort, c'est un peu comme une connerie. Le mort, lui, il ne sait pas qu'il est mort. Ce sont les autres qui sont tristes. Le con, c'est pareil." - Philippe Geluck
Hershey Kiss
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Hershey Kiss »

Karma wrote:I understand why you did it, but that doesn't make it less scummy. Flip-flopping in the RVS like you've been repeatedly doing is a minor tell, at least from my experience.
Uhh, if you understand it, how is it scummy still?
Karma wrote:Repeatedly calling my reasoning crappy just makes you scummier. Just because you say "wah wah wah it's not a scumtell i'm not scummy" doesn't make it so.
He's defending himself. What is wrong with that?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Karma wrote:Repeatedly calling my reasoning crappy just makes you scummier. Just because you say "wah wah wah it's not a scumtell i'm not scummy" doesn't make it so.
Given that I've explained why what I'm doing isn't scummy and you have given no proof to support your accusation (that I'm nervous scum and that's why I'm changing my votes), I think I'm validated in saying your reasoning is crap.

@ Muthaa: It's been a good while since the game started. Empking has only one post, and it's a vote on someone who's been generating a bit of controversy for the same reasoning given by other people. This is worth checking out.

And what the hell? I
know
Karma's
initial
vote on me was random, and that he supported it with "reasoning" later. What does this have to do with anything? It looks like you put that in there just because it makes me look scummier.

Do you know how to read, Muthaa? Because Empking's post quite clearly says "Vote: Oop - flipping." I never said he didn't give reasoning. I said he piggybacked off of someone else's reasoning and has added nothing since.

And once again, I never said giving crappy reasoning was a town tell. You're just putting words in my mouth. You continue to put words in my mouth, along with bringing up an irrelevant point that, when phrased a certain way, makes me look bad.

FoS: Muthaa
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Muthaa »

1. Empking didn't post during 1 day, I don't think that makes him a lurker.

2. You voted for Karma and then asked which was worse; I said neither.

3. I believe I know how to read.
at least he's making the effort to provide reasoning. I see no similar attempts from you

You did say he didn't provide reasoning. And later (after your vote) you said it's because of the piggyback ride. I wonder why it's only after...

4. Once again: actions, not your mouth.

Is that FoS because I make you look bad or because you think I'm trying to?
Also, that's an interesting change. Whenever you seemed to suspect anyone you voted him/her, why the FoS now?
"La mort, c'est un peu comme une connerie. Le mort, lui, il ne sait pas qu'il est mort. Ce sont les autres qui sont tristes. Le con, c'est pareil." - Philippe Geluck
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

1. So I missed the timestamp. Regardless, he has only made the one post, and he needs to get in here and post stuffs. Compared to other people, he's not doing much, and his vote on me is clear sheeping.

2. Eh? What was this in response to?

3. I define "reason" as the summarized version of why you're voting, and "reasoning" as the explanation why your reason is valid. Empking provided a reason, but has not provided reasoning. His reason is the same as Karma's. Hence, "piggybacking."

4. You still haven't proven that I said providing crappy reasoning is a town tell. If you can't do that, you're putting words in my mouth.

I FoS'ed you because I'm not inclined to move my Empking vote at the moment.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:38 am

Post by Merkabah »

@Oopid, Muthaa: Semantics arguing is getting you nowhere and is cluttering the thread. Ask better questions.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:42 am

Post by Merkabah »

Robocopter87 wrote:
Merk wrote:@Robo: And this is scumhunting.... how, again? I'm curious as to your superficial "reasoning", if you could call it that. How is this adding to discussion, or getting out of RVS, or any other banal reasoning that you want to throw out there?
Slightly different idea.
Adding to discussion, not its point.
Getting out of RVS, trying to get us out of RVS by using RVS as a boost.
Banal reasoning? Not really.

What I think is that by someone doing something scummy, someone else does something scummy while trying to point out the scummy thing, thus starting a giant chain reaction that keeps this game afloat. So what I did, and I can't believe I am doing this, its to complex for RVS, is when you said to do something scummy, I OMGUS voted you, which is scummy. Then you responded and others responded and it was supposed to be a chain reaction. It is quite complex and I daresay that it didn't go down to well.

So thats my, as you say, banal reasoning.

@Mod, Can we get a vote count here? Thx
So... you wanted to draw out teh scumz by being scummy? Try again, cause town looks for scummy stuff too.

lolreactions doesn't work. Try scumhunting.

(director voice)Take 2, ACTION!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Merk wrote:So... you wanted to draw out teh scumz by being scummy? Try again, cause town looks for scummy stuff too.

Lol no I wanted to get rid of RVS by being scummy in RVS. Cause your right, Town looks for scummy stuff too. And when they see scummy stuff they talk and now I think we are out of RVS.

lolreactions do work, they wouldn't be so popular if they just failed miserably. I am scumhunting. But Its kinda page 3 and I really kinda think its impossible too just like call out the scum for the whole game. I can give it a loltry. I hereby declares that the scum will end up being Paltry and Kthxbye! If I am right I will laugh so hard.

Take 2 isn't needed.
unvote
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Merkabah wrote:@Oopid, Muthaa: Semantics arguing is getting you nowhere and is cluttering the thread. Ask better questions.
What am I supposed to do, ignore what he's arguing about me?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Hershey Kiss wrote:VOTE: Karma
Speaking of elaboration, some of that stuff here would be good.

*hint, hint*
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Muthaa »

2. Eh? What was this in response to?
What does this have to do with anything?
Oopidstay wrote:OMG I didn't notice Empking even posted because of his lack of avatar. And it votes me -- for flipping. And nothing else has been said...

UNVOTE: Karma
VOTE: Empking

While Karma's reasoning is erroneous, at least he's making the effort to provide reasoning. I see no similar attempts from you (or even posts, for that matter).
--
...heh crappy post...
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Karma »

@Muthaa: Huh?
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Muthaa »

Lol. Never mind.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Karma »

drunkpost? :D
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Hey all, I'm not dead...just too busy. I will do a reread ASAP and post my thoughts.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Merkabah »

Robocopter87 wrote:
Merk wrote:So... you wanted to draw out teh scumz by being scummy? Try again, cause town looks for scummy stuff too.

Lol no I wanted to get rid of RVS by being scummy in RVS. Cause your right,
Town looks for scummy stuff
too. And when
they
see scummy stuff they talk and now I think we are out of RVS.

lolreactions do work, they wouldn't be so popular if they just failed miserably. I am scumhunting. But Its kinda page 3 and I really kinda think its impossible too just like call out the scum for the whole game. I can give it a loltry. I hereby declares that the scum will end up being Paltry and Kthxbye! If I am right I will laugh so hard.

Take 2 isn't needed.
unvote
Yay scumslip!

VOTE: Robocopter87

@Oopid: Essentially yes. That type of argument clutters the thread and doesn't get anywhere.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Yes Scumslip!
Awesome, you just nailed the scum on Page three good job![/sarcasm]

I really do hope you have a better reason to be voting for me besides that.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:44 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Robo: What's a good reason to vote someone at this stage and if you've seen it why haven't you voted for it? Would you describe yourself as a player who is normally aggressive early on?

@Muthaa: I have no idea what you're trying to get at with Oopidstay.

@Merkabah: Izzat a serious vote? I mean, have you caught scum along those lines before?
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Merkabah »

@PE: Yes, it's a serious vote. I (Amished) rely on linquistics a fair amount; but it's not the only reason that I'm voting for Robo.

Look at his posts: First one can draw out PR's when in this setup it's much more beneficial to keep them hidden (as the only protective role would make the other PR absolutely useless. Second is fluff. Third is bitching about RVS without doing anything (and fluff). Fourth was "lolreactions" vote on us after being called out on not doing anything to advance out of the RVS. Fifth was "reasoning" (still not advancing the game). Sixth is explaining why his lolreactions is stupid (still not advancing the game) and seventh doesn't feel townie (overly defensive).

So, you tell me who's been more active and less helpful to the game than he is.

Mod: Empking needs a prod, been 3 days now
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:17 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Merkabah wrote:@PE: Yes, it's a serious vote. I (Amished) rely on linquistics a fair amount; but it's not the only reason that I'm voting for Robo.

Look at his posts: First one can draw out PR's when in this setup it's much more beneficial to keep them hidden (as the only protective role would make the other PR absolutely useless. Second is fluff. Third is bitching about RVS without doing anything (and fluff). Fourth was "lolreactions" vote on us after being called out on not doing anything to advance out of the RVS. Fifth was "reasoning" (still not advancing the game). Sixth is explaining why his lolreactions is stupid (still not advancing the game) and seventh doesn't feel townie (overly defensive).

So, you tell me who's been more active and less helpful to the game than he is.

Mod: Empking needs a prod, been 3 days now
As I've been caught recently as scum on linguistics... (wonder when that was?)... I can believe it. The reasoning below that is definitely why my vote is already on him, plus a little meta-ing in his newbie games shows me that town-Robo would have a semi-case on someone right now.

In other news, gut also says Muthaa at this point, as his attacks on Oopidstay read as 'this person might be an easy lynch'.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:23 am

Post by kyle99 »

Empking has been prodded. The prod checker is down, so until that goes up, prodding will be done via request only.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Merkabah »

@PE: So.. why haven't you pushed for more votes on Robo if you feel that strongly?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:04 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Merkabah wrote:@PE: So.. why haven't you pushed for more votes on Robo if you feel that strongly?
I voted him. And the meta thing is me pushing for votes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”