Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Sevei »

UNvote

I am less confused but :igmeou:.

Vote: Nexus

Actively lurking and commenting from the peanut gallery?

Also. Explain this.
Nexus wrote:I remember now. I thought Equinox had more votes, so counted up. Then saw your name, and made the mistake.

VOTE: Equinox
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by CSL »

Roll Call IV

Equinox -2- Nobody Special, Nexus
Nobody Special -1- quadz08
Sevei -1- Zed
singersigner -2- Antihero, Lowell
quadz08 -2- a2rudeboy, Equinox
Antihero -1- singersigner
Nexus -1- Sevei

Not voting: Everyone else

12 in class, 7 expels

Pomegranate is V/LA starting Thursday, lasting until Saturday night.

Deadline is in two weeks, the 6th of October, at 7:00pm EST
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by singersigner »

Antihero wrote:
Sevei wrote:You quote Singer out of order and then dismiss her calling you out about it; I have read and reread that post of yours and it still looks like a deliberate misrep.
Ummm... what?
Not sure what you're not getting. Especially since you just admitted to your quotes accidentally being out of order...
Sevei wrote:
Antihero wrote::lol:
That would only hold up if I actually put the quotes in the order they appeared.
Really? I think it holds up as is because when people list quotes, sometimes others don't go back and read the originals. Therefore, listing someone's quotes out of order to make an argument is misrepping. Can you explain why you disagree?
So, it's my fault that people might not actually read my post?
lol. Really? You're arguing that even though YOU put posts out of order, so it's not YOUR fault that people don't go check to see if you're really posting legitimate quotes, etc? While I agree that everyone should be accountable for double checking people's posts and stuff, you now have two people who called you out on misrepping someone (intentionally or not). This is the worst counter-argument I've ever seen.
Antihero wrote:
singer wrote:...what?

I'm not pushing Equinox...it was a joke about an RVS vote...
This is what singer said when I said that her equinox push doesn't have any merit.

Right. That so called "push" was nothing. It was an RVS vote. You then quote this next (I'll address the quote itself before the part in orange that you're explaining it with.):

Really? What's this then:
singer wrote:Why would your answer influence others' answers? I see no reason why you shouldn't answer your questions now, unless you're just pretending that you actually had a reason for not answering your own reasonably standard questions.
This was mutually exclusive from the random reason I voted her before. She responded with "I'll answer my own questions last" (or something to that extend) to someone else's post. THIS was my response to something NEW.

This is what she said previously. I put the original quote first and then pointed out something she said previously. I guess you I could have posted them in reverse order, but I think that would have been pretty awkward. Please tell me how changing the order subverts the meaning of the post.

Well, I just did, by explaining that. But let me explain further: you're not getting it. If you see my posts in ISO, I can understand how it
might
look somewhat like what you're getting at...? But 1. You need to look at it in context, and you wouldn't have had anything to ISO me for if you didn't see it in context originally, and 2. You do not EVER make a point where the order of the posts ABSOLUTELY matter, and then say "well I don't see how it changes the meaning." Of course it changes the meaning. If you were simply giving examples, I can see why it wouldn't matter, because examples are mutually exclusive from one another. But since you're claiming that my posts are "pushing" a matter, which quite frankly, I'm fairly unconcerned with now, that is indicative of my posting order/responses, then, yes, it matters a lot.
singer wrote:For the record, I never insisted on anything, nor did I press the matter in any way, shape, or form.

Welcome those who have had yet to post, and have now posted!
I stand by what I said. I wasn't insisting. I made an RVS vote for the random reason that Equinox hadn't answered her own questions yet. Then in response to her saying
why
she hadn't answered her questions, I said "why not?" Then I said ^this.

Backtracking is bad
I didn't backtrack. Not sure where you got the impression that I did. Oh wait, you're scum.

Any more confusion?

Fixed as requested.
Last edited by CSL on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by singersigner »

EBWOP. That last "
" is where the bold should start. Not with the above quote.

Also, in case you couldn't tell, the bolded are my comments.

Send me what it should look like.

I like tomatoes.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Antihero »

First off, you're taking about twice as much space as you need to make your "point."
singer wrote:lol. Really? You're arguing that even though YOU put posts out of order, so it's not YOUR fault that people don't go check to see if you're really posting legitimate quotes, etc? While I agree that everyone should be accountable for double checking people's posts and stuff, you now have two people who called you out on misrepping someone (intentionally or not). This is the worst counter-argument I've ever seen.
I never admitted to accidentally posting the quotes out of order.
What's with the nitpicking about the order of the quotes? They were that way because of how I organize my posts; it's not a scumtell, stop finagling it into one.
singer wrote:I made an RVS vote for the random reason that Equinox hadn't answered her own questions yet. Then in response to her saying why she hadn't answered her questions,
OK, call me crazy, but the diction of this doesn't sound like playfull randomness.
singer wrote:Why would your answer influence others' answers? I see no reason why you shouldn't answer your questions now,
unless you're just pretending that you actually had a reason for not answering your own reasonably standard questions
Are you going to now try to deny that there wasn't even a hint of accusation in there?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

Antihero wrote:First off, you're taking about twice as much space as you need to make your "point."
I read this as, damnit, she's right, now how to counter this...

singer wrote:lol. Really? You're arguing that even though YOU put posts out of order, so it's not YOUR fault that people don't go check to see if you're really posting legitimate quotes, etc? While I agree that everyone should be accountable for double checking people's posts and stuff, you now have two people who called you out on misrepping someone (intentionally or not). This is the worst counter-argument I've ever seen.
I never admitted to accidentally posting the quotes out of order.
Really?
Antihero wrote:Hmmm... The cut and paste fail really mucks up the post. Let's fix that.
This is where I acknowledged the mistake. You're not reacting at all like someone who genuinely made a mistake, though.

What's with the nitpicking about the order of the quotes? They were that way because of how I organize my posts; it's not a scumtell, stop finagling it into one.
I'm only commenting on this because of the ridiculousness of it. You're either a really bad town, or even worse scum who's trying to pull off not understanding why the order matters
in this case
singer wrote:I made an RVS vote for the random reason that Equinox hadn't answered her own questions yet. Then in response to her saying why she hadn't answered her questions,
OK, call me crazy, but the diction of this doesn't sound like playfull randomness.
You're gunna have to explain what you mean by "the diction part." I'm not following what exactly you're pointing out here, since the post I'm referring to was literally just an RVS vote...not even on Equinox, no less. You also quoted a fragment...was that to make a point, too? Or did you just fail to realize it didn't make sense since you cut off the rest of the sentence from the start?
singer wrote:Why would your answer influence others' answers? I see no reason why you shouldn't answer your questions now,
unless you're just pretending that you actually had a reason for not answering your own reasonably standard questions
Are you going to now try to deny that there wasn't even a hint of accusation in there?
There was a hint. You're right. The first hint ever of accusing her of suspicious activity-IN RESPONSE TO HER LACK OF ANSWERS (I put it in caps not because I'm yelling out of frustration, but because I don't trust your ability to figure it out yourself). My point was that you were trying to make it seem like I was pushing something, or accusing her or something before it even mattered, when it's very clear that I wasn't.

I like tomatoes.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Antihero »

First off, you're taking about twice as much space as you need to make your "point." I read this as, damnit, she's right, now how to counter this...
Alright, just keep flattering yourself. It's not that I want to freaking tear my eyes out every time I see a text wall, I just can't stand your rightness.
This is where I acknowledged the mistake. You're not reacting at all like someone who genuinely made a mistake, though.
That was an honest copy/paste mistake, and that should be obvious from the post. You are really not building a case off of THAT are you?
There was a hint. You're right. The first hint ever of accusing her of suspicious activity-IN RESPONSE TO HER LACK OF ANSWERS (I put it in caps not because I'm yelling out of frustration, but because I don't trust your ability to figure it out yourself).
OK, that was uncalled for.

Second off, you just made my point for me.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Antihero »

singersigner wrote:(I put it in caps not because I'm yelling out of frustration, but because I don't trust your ability to figure it out yourself).
Call me scum all you want, but calling me stupid = not cool

While I admit I'm not the most subdued player (OK, fine that's an understatement), you'll never see me personally insult anyone. It really saps the fun out of the game.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by singersigner »

Antihero wrote:
singersigner wrote: This is where I acknowledged the mistake. You're not reacting at all like someone who genuinely made a mistake, though.
That was an honest copy/paste mistake, and that should be obvious from the post. You are really not building a case off of THAT are you?
No I'm not. Like I said, I understand and acknowledge that it was a mistake. But then you reacted like there was nothing to come of it, when honestly, mistake or not, until it was pointed out, you didn't make a big deal out of it. The reason I insulted your reading comprehension is because I, and Sevei, both explained to you why it was scummy, and yet you STILL didn't acknowledge that posting those quotes out of order AND out of context was making some hell of a case that didn't exist.

I apologize that it came off as attacking your character. It was about your lack of responding to the one critical detail that makes you look scummy as hell to me.

I like tomatoes.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Antihero »

singersigner wrote:
Antihero wrote:
singersigner wrote: This is where I acknowledged the mistake. You're not reacting at all like someone who genuinely made a mistake, though.
No I'm not. Like I said, I understand and acknowledge that it was a mistake. But then you reacted like there was nothing to come of it, when honestly, mistake or not, until it was pointed out, you didn't make a big deal out of it.
oh. /slaps self. Yeah, I just copied and pasted something, forgot that I did so, and proceeded to do it again, resulting in a random sentence floating around. I guess I should preview my post next time. I didn't think that's what sevei was referring to though... :S
The reason I insulted your reading comprehension is because I, and Sevei, both explained to you why it was scummy, and yet you STILL didn't acknowledge that posting those quotes out of order AND out of context was making some hell of a case that didn't exist.

I apologize that it came off as attacking your character.
(It's OK, my playstyle is a bit inflammatory)
It was about your lack of responding to the one critical detail that makes you look scummy as hell to me.
Lowell wrote:Early guesses. Equi is town, singer not so much. unvote, vote singer
:?
While short posts are great; reasons are also great.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Nexus »

Sevei wrote:
UNvote

I am less confused but :igmeou:.

Vote: Nexus

Actively lurking and commenting from the peanut gallery?

Also. Explain this.
Nexus wrote:I remember now. I thought Equinox had more votes, so counted up. Then saw your name, and made the mistake.

VOTE: Equinox
What is there to explain? I had intended my vote to be on Equinox for a RVS wagon. I was counting the number of votes on each player, and read NS last, so accidentally voted for him. As soon as I recognised my mistakes, I voted Equinox.

That explained enough?
Trans rights are human rights.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Lowell »

Some other early hunches.

Anithero is
town
. Singer's being slightly condescending in her attacks against him in my opinion (which is fine, btw, it's a good way to draw out the crazies), but anti doesn't seem evasive or particularly thrown off.

zed is
scum
. Little to go on here, but two themes are already starting to emerge even after only five mostly-pointless posts.
1) He's mentioned his propesity for lurking (just to warn us?) at least twice already. That's the only thing he really cares to talk about other than....
2) He's very happy to talk about meta-related things as a way to meaninglessly insert some text. He's happy to answer the four (mostly pointless) questions, and since then his only contribution is a paragraph (no offense, guys, I swear) talking about time zones.

To me he looks like a textbook case of the "don't ruffle any feathers but try to look like you're participating" school of scumplay.
fos zed
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 am

Post by Zed »

Uhm, wow Lowell. You really should talk about the shortness, hm?

I like to get to the point. I like to watch how things play out without my intervention, because that gives me more to go on. I also tend to get emotional over the stupid stuff, and I've learned from past experiance that emotional posting rarely leads to anything good.

Quietness does not equal scum everytime, but I'll try to be more active from now. I do go to school and get loads of homework, so...

And for the I don't even know how many time on this site,
I am a girl
. It says it under my avatar. It is there for a reason, please pay attention.

Bolded for emphasis. Please pay attention, everyone.
Last edited by CSL on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Zed »

Now I'll share my hunch. Lowell and Antihero are scum buddies. Antihero was under pressure so Lowell is trying to divert attention while Antihero gets things under control again. Lowell is not voting for me though, because he doesn't want to lead the town in lynching me.

Oh, and you never explained your vote on singer.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Lowell »

Zed wrote: And for the I don't even know how many time on this site, I am a girl. It says it under my avatar. It is there for a reason, please pay attention.
Apologies. I usually catch those things.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:29 am

Post by Antihero »

Zed wrote:Now I'll share my hunch. Lowell and Antihero are scum buddies. Antihero was under pressure so Lowell is trying to divert attention while Antihero gets things under control again. Lowell is not voting for me though, because he doesn't want to lead the town in lynching me.

Any reason you say this besides the fact that Lowell called me town?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:43 am

Post by CSL »

Activity is going ok so far. Please pay attention to other players' respective genders. It makes the game less enjoyable for me to mod when this happens.

Nobody Special has less than 24 hours before I go find a replacement
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Lowell »

Yeah seems like zed is just grasping at straws. One of her posts was to express annoyance that I voted for her in RVS, and now she's upset that I think she's scum. Generally for somone who has yet to take a real position on anything (except to OMGUS me for FOSing her) she's a bit too defensive for my taste. I can't tell yet whether this is OMGUS scum reaction or OMGUS newbie town reaction, but I'll figure it out.

As for singer, the vote is largely gut, based particularly on my read from the first few pages.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 am

Post by springlullaby »

- Equinox is not getting town points for her over defensive reaction to people not liking her questions. Why are you not content with your questionnaire getting reaction since it is what you were apparently aiming for?
FOS Equinox
, I haven't counted, but seems there is plenty of votes already there.

- I think the Zed by Lowell push is bizarre, plenty of lurkers, why choose Zed in particular?
FOS LOWELL
, I'd like to see the discussion between these two develop a bit before pronouncing myself.

- Singer/Antihero; blah, you guys may well be scum together. The entire back and forth feel artificial to me as it is making a big deal out of nothing; and hard to read too, please desist the bolding, and colouring. Singer is the scummier of the two, or the more antipathetic, but can't tell at this point.

-Questionnaire
1. What is your time zone? GMT+1
2. How much activity can we expect from you? Depends on whether I have something to say
3. What is your favorite role? Pumpkin shooting laser from its ass
4. Chaos or order? Stupid questions get stupid responses.

- As general advice, please stop saying that people's play are stupid. You may feel so but 1)you may not be right 2)it is not of any use to the game. If you have too, make a thread in mafia discussion after the game, or something.

VOTE: Promegranate Obvious scum.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Checking in for the first real time.

Equi for me is getting town points, even though the exchange over the questions rifled me a little bit. I will say however, that that is the first time i have seen someone rationalize their thoughts behind their RQS, which is refreshing in my mind. It's always read as just another semi-useless way to start the game (although, no question is a stupid question in Mafia since there's no telling what reactions will bring) On that case...I should probably answer them

1. What is your time zone? EST
2. How much activity can we expect from you? More as the game goes on and I get caught up. Currently have 8 other ongoing games, and am on v/la while i take care of real life issues / catch up everywhere.
3. What is your favorite role? Sourdough. Oh wait...
4. Chaos or order? Anarchy.

I feel like the antihero v singer debate is mostly town v town based largely on semantics. I don't think there's much info to be gleamed from that unless flips prove us otherwise.

vote: lowell
I dont like how he, first, blindly ignored the part of Zed's post calling attention to possible scuminess, and then easily tried to discredit what she said with "oh there's no substance here..."
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 am

Post by singersigner »

I'd like to know from springlullaby what exactly about Pomegranate is "obvious scum."

I like tomatoes.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Nexus »

semi v/la until Saturday.

Sorry.
Trans rights are human rights.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Zed wrote:Now I'll share my hunch. Lowell and Antihero are scum buddies. Antihero was under pressure so Lowell is trying to divert attention while Antihero gets things under control again. Lowell is not voting for me though, because he doesn't want to lead the town in lynching me.

I'm getting that mucky OMGUS feeling right about now.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Zed »

My 'hunch' was half OMGUS and half seriousness. The OMGUS part was to show that hunches can be ridiculous at times.

The serous part of my 'hunch' was pretty thought through for me. Lowell came out of no where when he FoSed me, and it was really just because I admitted that I lurk at times. He came into this at a time where Antihero ws under some heat from Singer, as if to distract the rest of the town by pointing out the little content I had at the time.

Lowell, you've completely ignored parts of my posts. Your explanation for voting singer is that you have a hunch, but you also say you have a hunch about me. What makes you leave your vote on singer and not switch to me?

And I'm grasping at straws? The last game of mafia I played I FoSed scum because she FoSed me for terrible reasons, and they were the same reasons you just FoSed me for. That was on Day Two after a very unactive Day One.

The point is that a low posting/little content FoS on Day One is you just picking at the small stuff to appear helpful. And its not helpful. It just makes you look like you need something to say, and gives me something to call you out on.

And something I think I forgot to address earlier, an RVS on me does not annoy me. Its random. I do it to at the beginning. It annoys me when that is all that's there, and nothing else. Not even a hi.
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Zed »

Oh, and Antihero and Lowell are taking my original hunch post the same way. Coincidence, or are they both trying to discredit my ideas?

Return to “Completed Open Games”