sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Unvote: VP

VP's reaction is plausible as town. His actions regarding us look like they could be an honest attempt to assess our play with scumhunting. I also think he's prone to see attacks on himself as scummier than they might actually be as town.

CKD on the other hand looks like he's trying not to ruffle any feathers.

Vote:CKD

He ignored the epic VP v SR fight like the plague, intent instead to joke vote SK. The explanation of “getting the game started” doesn't seem to gel considering what was already happening.

Equinox and Nopoint haven't posted, but a check of their activity reveals they haven't posted on site since Tuesday... so it's null if annoying.

We're not sure about SK. We don't like his dig on VP in post 64, feels like stirring the pot a little. He also hasn't made a vote. We wanna know his reads ASAP.

Consider this our application into awesometownbloc '10.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Not too sold on ckd hate, over his vote...though I do agree with sottyr that he seemed to entirely sidestep EPIC CLASH OF THE TITANS '10. Would like his thoughts on that (and from our non-posters as well when they show up).

Also,
VP Baltar wrote:@Equinox - how would you self describe your playstyle? If you could daykill anyone from the start of this game with no repercussions, who would it be? Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
Still waiting on these from last game question dodger!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Equinox »

Patience! I'm not eligible for a prod yet. Feelin' the love, though.
<3

Reading now. Post incoming. I'll answer this, though, and get it out of the way.
VP Baltar wrote:@Equinox - how would you self describe your playstyle? If you could daykill anyone from the start of this game with no repercussions, who would it be? Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
1. Questions, analysis, and votes. I've been known to use colored text and be kind of whimsical. >_>
2. Right this minute? curiouskarmadog, for posts 3 and 14. Might change my mind later when I've actually read the whole thread.
3. Chocolate.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Equinox »

Sorry about that. Time isn't working in my favor right now.

sottyrulez and VP Baltar back-and-forth nearly gave me a headache. I'm getting town vibes from both of them. I probably should go back and read the previous Open 250, though.
curiouskarmadog wrote:vote SaintKerigan

fucking joking..
Why did you feel the need to include the second line? It's not like we haven't seen that particular vote before.
curiouskarmadog wrote:my god...
"...you're like a trained ape"? /shot

Okay, the real question is why you posted this. It contributed nothing to the conversation between SaintKerrigan, sottyrulez, and VP Baltar. You weren't in danger of receiving a prod, so this wasn't a prod dodger. "My God" isn't any form of analysis. So... why?
curiouskarmadog wrote:vi is quite obviously town this game...I got your meta bud
VP Baltar is correct in this regard; you pegged Vi as town on practically nothing. I call buddying.
curiouskarmadog wrote:just getting the game started,
How to kick off Day 1:

1. Ignore the real meat of the game
2. Find an inactive player who has not posted on-site since confirming
3. Vote him/her
4. ???
PROFIT!
GET LYNCHED

VOTE: curiouskarmadog L-1

The game started before it even began. There was no need to try to "get the game started." That reads as an attempt to both distract the town from an informative interaction and to completely ignore contributing your own opinion. There's no excuse to ignore it when you have meta on sottyrulez and VP Baltar from the first game, and you did not hesitate to use meta on Vi on significantly smaller grounds.

Your attempt to buddy up to Vi is so blatant that it's causing some dissonance. On the one hand, we have your Best Mafia Performance Scummy; on the other hand, we have this painfully obvious move. Something's up. I don't like the smell of it, either. Explain your read on Vi.

Need moar from SaintKerrigan and nopointinactingup. Two completely null slots ATM.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

must...resist....ironic....hammer.....
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

But seriously, how confident are you in your read of ckd's play Equinox?
YOUR AD HERE

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:12 am

Post by sottyrulez »

VP Baltar wrote:must...resist....ironic....hammer.....
It would only be truly ironic if SK hammered
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

lol, you guys must think I really blow at being scum? as anyone actually bothered to read a scum game I have been in?....but that is blah meta suck blah.

anyway, I am not buddying....I am scum hunting..

I dont feel so bad for the early hammer last game, because you guys (town) are about ready to do the samething (and quick mislynch)again...for little reasoning.

Equinox, quick question buddying (how do you know that vi is actually town?), what is protown about asking for St. K and no point to post (null reads) but still putting me at -1?....unless you just want my claim.

unfornately I dont have a sweet claim to save my ass right now...

I am vanilla.

now, would CKDscum fake claim, to draw out a power role?....probably...but that is all blah WIFOM blah.

would someone at least unvote me, so we can get a little more information out of the day?..lynch me at the end of the day fine...but why such a quick rush?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Why the rush to claim is the better question...:? I don't really think you're
that
scummy ckd, but that post looks kind of like flailing about. Bring it down a notch. Nobody is going to quick hammer.
YOUR AD HERE

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Equinox »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Equinox, quick question buddying (how do you know that vi is actually town?), what is protown about asking for St. K and no point to post (null reads) but still putting me at -1?....unless you just want my claim.
I don't know that Vi is town. I just know that your behavior towards Vi was suspect. As for your second question, the wording is interesting, but I'll run with it. Nothing pro-town about what I did; it's a totally null action. I just have no qualms about putting people at L-1 when I feel it's appropriate.

I don't care if you claim at this point because it isn't my place to ask--
curiouskarmadog wrote:I am vanilla.
Oh.
curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, you guys must think I really blow at being scum? as anyone actually bothered to read a scum game I have been in?
....but that is blah meta suck blah.
That is the problem with my read of you. The actions I outlined aren't pro-town, but your Scummy there says you can't be this obvious as scum. WRT to the bolded portion, it's interesting that you took this view on things. What about any of us led you to think that we don't like metagaming?

No, I am not unvoting until you give me what I want. You haven't done that yet.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VP Baltar wrote:But seriously, how confident are you in your read of ckd's play Equinox?
YOUR AD HERE

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, how did I miss that. The answer is "not very but I'm getting at something here."
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 am

well, I sort of understand where you are coming from on thinking I am buddying...though i am not, but whatever, the proof is in the pudding...you also seem to scan over my this post toward Vi.
curiouskarmadog wrote:hmmm.....but no comment on my different play style?

I dont recall being so jokey last time around.
scum hunting bud...i give him a "town" cred, to see what he does with it....and wondered why he didnt comment on my change in style...if i felt he was completely town, do you really think I would follow up with this?....but I guess that didnt really fit into your "he is scum buddying" theory..so you left it out when pushing the thoery?

everything else is utter crap...spreading my vote around = scummy? voting someone who hasnt posted in game in the first 3 pages of a new game = scummy?...bullshit....

do you really believe those things are scummy?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:19 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

The Ironic vote count Day 1 Vote count 2

nopoint 1 - CKD
curiouskarmadog 3 - Vi, Sotty,Equinox

Mod Note: Getting an early night... Im exhausted. If a lynch takes place game will continue in Twilight until I return in the morning (UK Time)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Equinox »

Yeah, I scanned over it because I didn't see the relevancy to post 41. Now that you've pointed it out, though, it makes sense.

UNVOTE: L-2
curiouskarmadog wrote:....but I guess that didnt really fit into your "he is scum buddying" theory..so you left it out when pushing the thoery?
Are you suggesting that I'm simply pushing a case and not trying to discern alignment? Don't pull the VP Baltar move again; one headache's enough.
curiouskarmadog wrote:spreading my vote around = scummy? voting someone who hasnt posted in game in the first 3 pages of a new game = scummy?...bullshit....
You're missing the point. I won't argue that "voting someone who hasn't posted in-game" by itself is not scummy, but doing it while ignoring a major part of the game is odd.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VOTE: Equinox

I'm not a fan of the quick voting to L-1 and then backing down right after a claim. Possible scum in search of power roles. Additionally, the original vote post bothers me because it's basically following others' arguments with a little fluff on top to make it look original. A lot of words with not a lot of solid reasoning.

@ckd - you still haven't said anything about SR vs. VP. Are you pleading the fifth?
YOUR AD HERE

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 am

it just looks like noise....there is nothing to go on page 1...it is getting discussion started...much like what I was doing....

how the fuck am I going to say that someone is absolutely town on page 1?....it is all about the reaction at this point. that being said, I still think Vi is town (lol)...will that stay?...who knows.

if more developed out of the VP/sotty exchange I would comment on it...right now, it looks like sotty is trying to scum hunt..if it got VP -1 and sotty was still on the wagon (with nothing else)...I might delve into it...

bottom line: from my POV at this time, it is a non issue.

what is a curious thought though

sotty, what EXACTLY about my play thus far do you think is designed to not ruffle feathers?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Equinox »

This game is giving me some bad memories of a Day 1 when I wouldn't hunt scum with a partial player list. >_>

Anyway...
VP Baltar wrote:I'm not a fan of the quick voting to L-1 and then backing down right after a claim. Possible scum in search of power roles. Additionally, the original vote post bothers me because it's basically following others' arguments with a little fluff on top to make it look original. A lot of words with not a lot of solid reasoning.
I didn't back down because of the claim; I backed down because of curiouskarmadog's tone. 83 and then 88 read like town frustration rather than faked anger.

Not that there's any way to prove it, but I wrote 79 as I was reading, and my responses to the quotes were made as I read the quoted posts. The impression that my arguments are unoriginal is the unfortunate consequence of me arriving at the scene after everyone else.

Okay. Gonna post this here for my reference:

nopointinactingup > SaintKerrigan > Vi > curiouskarmadog > VP Baltar > sottyrulez > Equinox

Unfortunately, that spectrum is more town-skewed than I'd like, so that's more NULL -> TOWN than the usual SCUM -> TOWN. <_<

Gonna go read a few games and see if I can pin down my reads on the first three on the list.

OH HAI. Preview edit.
curiouskarmadog wrote:how the fuck am I going to say that someone is absolutely town on page 1?
That was kind of the point of why I attacked you. >_> Never mind that, though.

I'll let sottyrulez answer your question before I touch on that.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Equinox - I don't mind being unoriginal on page 4 of game. It's more of the tacking comments about ckd's "fucking joke..." and "my god..." lines that I find suspicious. I really don't care about either of those things and they come across as padding your post. Unoriginal is ok by itself if you're admitting that's what you're doing. Trying to spruce up unoriginality with fluff is a bit more dubious.

I also find it weird that ckd has now shifted well up the list over his tone, but I guess that's a personal thing.
YOUR AD HERE

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Equinox »

Those weren't fluff. I genuinely found those comments odd; the first looked like (and probably is) a qualifier/disclaimer to a joke when it wasn't necessary, and the second line posted at a point in the game when it was inappropriate, and when I saw it, it stuck out like a sore thumb.
VP Baltar wrote:I also find it weird that ckd has now shifted well up the list over his tone, but I guess that's a personal thing.
It is. I like reading tones. Seems to work.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Just to let you know, I'm not going to post anything here tonight, as my brain is utterly shot from writing a crapton of heavily-flavor Role PMs. I'll get stuff done tomorrow.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Alnara
Alnara
Goon
Alnara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Alnara »

It's Vi. No, I haven't finally broken down and started using an alt - I managed to tempban my main account (seriously) and this account is the only way I can post right now.
curiouskarmadog wrote:at this point in the actual game, i dont think you said anything...you really thought this was a real vote outside of anything random and/or funny?

-quotesnip-
I know I did.
Equinox wrote:sottyrulez and VP Baltar back-and-forth nearly gave me a headache. I'm getting town vibes from both of them.
Good, I'm not the only one. Though the sudden kiss+make up between VPB and sottyrulez is kind of unsettling.

After ckd's premature claim I think I'm going to go back to flaming him again. That was a huge blunder in a role-centric game like this one.
VP Baltar wrote:VOTE: Equinox

I'm not a fan of the quick voting to L-1 and then backing down right after a claim. Possible scum in search of power roles.
Iiiiii'm not buying this actually.

I like this Equinox character. She can be in my AwesomeTownBlocTM.

This post is something of a rush job due to alt, IE, life, etc.. I haven't bothered parsing whether I should unvote ckd. If I did, I would probably move my vote to VPB for that Equinox vote.
This is a hydra. It used to belong to SFG and Vi, but now it belongs to SFG and Phate.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Unvote: Vote: Equinox

I hate hate hate HATE unvoting claimed vanillas (Especially in a game like this.) but Equinox's unvote post was soooooooooooooo scummy, I pretty much have to vote her here.

VP, you pretty much took the thoughts out of our head with your vote post on Equinox. We were literally thinking the same thing at that exact point in time. (We actually wanted to see how Vi would react before we actually posted.)

The Equinox's vote/unvote just does not feel natural at all. It felt like she literally just lost complete interest in pressuring him just because he claimed vanilla. (If she hadn't actually done that I would have called for the hammer.)

In this game it's absolutely devastating to run people up to claims and simply let the wagon die on a vanilla claim. You have a pool of 7 players, 3 of which are vanilla and 2 of which are power roles. You get even one vanilla claim, the odds of scum neutralizing one pr becomes a certainty if the day ends with anything other than a scum lynch. (Unless the claim is being made by scum.)

Basically assuming the lynch of another vanilla, the pool falls to 1 vanilla and 2 power roles

Scum get to kill one and roleblock another. (And since they know one person is already vanilla they don't need to touch them.)

Compare that with the lynch of a vanilla without running up another. Then it's a pool of 2 vanillas and 2 power roles. It's still likely the scum might hit one, but the odds of that happen are lower and the odds of hitting both are also lower.

In short, running people up to lynch -1 without being serious about lynching them is scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummy. Vi even comments on this but then calls Equinox town anyway, this is ridiculous.

CKD, that claim was very premature and extremely anti-town... but it also happens to be my strongest argument for lynching you at this point, as nothing else in your play makes me feel confident that you'll actually flip scum. (We also covered what bothered us about your play here.)
Vi wrote:HEY

HEY SOTTY

HEY ZACH

HEY VPB

Why don't we get over ourselves and form an AwesomeTownBlocTM? I don't really think either of you are scum as of this extremely late point in this game, and there are only a few other players left. (Besides, it's how I wanted the first game to play out :P )
Followed most recently by this.
Alnara wrote:
Equinox wrote:sottyrulez and VP Baltar back-and-forth nearly gave me a headache. I'm getting town vibes from both of them.
Good, I'm not the only one. Though the sudden kiss+make up between VPB and sottyrulez is kind of unsettling.
You don't get to tell us to get over ourselves and then say you're unsettled when we actually do. This leaves me thinking that you wanted to play voice of reason and that you actually wanted us to keep fighting to the death for the next 10 pages.

VP is town btw. He's dead on in pointing out the scum benefit to rolefishing in placing a lynch -1 vote in the situation that Equinox did, and it was something he could have easily done himself if he was scum. It's ridiculous that you're trying to make him out to look scummy for this when it's quite clear it's the most pro-town thing he has done all game.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Equinox »

sottyrulez wrote:In short, running people up to lynch -1 without being serious about lynching them is scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummy.
When I put curiouskarmadog at L-1, I was serious. What I had expected was curiouskarmadog answering the questions posed to him, which he did... though the claim fucked it up. I'd have unvoted him if he'd posted something like 83 and 88 even without the claim. Those two posts (and 92) scream frustrated town to me.

If I get lynched for this, well, yeah, I screwed up. My opinion does not change. I realize that if we run enough people up to L-1 (looks like I'm next?) that we throw the game to scum, but I still don't like the idea of lynching someone with serious town vibes just because they claimed VT -- shouldn't we be lynching scum instead?
Vi wrote:Though the sudden kiss+make up between VPB and sottyrulez is kind of unsettling.
How was it unsettling? Seemed fine to me.

MOD: Is it too early to request a prod of nopointinactingup?

Return to “Completed Open Games”