ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:39 am

Post by VasudeVa »

VibeBox: IIoA - Information Instead Of Analysis ie. Posting stale shit openly available in thread instead of giving the juicy alignment giving analysis on them. Basically shitposting.

What does AOKAIE even mean? Why am I 'not a fail' when I had very few posts in game?

Votecount (as of post 79)
Fate: 1 (podium) L-6
podium: 3 (Fate, GhostWriter, VibeBox) L-4
Seacore: 2 (implosion, Nacho) L-5
VibeBox: 4 (Magna, Seacore, VasudeVa, Zinive) L-3
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Seacore »

@MOI, could you link me that game that you referred to, I've lost track of all my old games.

As I remember, me being proactive and leading that charge didn't work out so well for town.
I'd argue that I'm still proactive to a degree, I took an early stance on claiming, for example.

As for VB's concern about scum self hammering, or a quick lynch. These are both useful temptations for the town to use on scum. We make it very clear as soon as the wagon hits L-1 or even as it approaches. Anybody who hammers quickly is held responsible for that, regardless of flip.

This site's view on L-2 claiming is that it's often over used as rolefishing.
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:59 am

Post by VibeBox »

VasudeVa wrote:stale shit openly available in thread
What, precisely, in my post you were referring to meets this criteria?
VasudeVa wrote:What does AOKAIE even mean?
A-OK
OK
Good.
Not Awful.
(sheesh)
VasudeVa wrote:Why am I 'not a fail' when I had very few posts in game?
Let's try this one last time.
VibeBox wrote: Ghost is AOKAIE by my.
Vas
and Zinive are not.
Also, calling yourself on not posting content will not get you the desired TowniePoints from me.
Seacore wrote:These are both useful temptations for the town to use on scum.
While I strongly disagree that opening up lines of play for Scum in this way is "useful", it's not game relevant so I'll take it to the Theory thread.
"There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits"
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:20 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Your #65. Lots of quotes, little analysis. You just called someone on shitposting when you are posting shit yourself. What MoI said, basically.

Soo, because I misunderstood your fancy-shmancy hip version of 'Okay', thinking that you were calling me and Zinive not fail when you had little reason to say so, I'm automatically calling for brownie points?

Because podium is a 'fail', what's your read on him? Do you think he's Town-fail or scum-fail?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:50 am

Post by VibeBox »

VibeBox wrote: What,
precisely
, in my post you were referring to meets this criteria?
"There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits"
-Karl Heinrich Marx
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Ok, just finished going through the thread. My thoughts:

@ Fate - He's pretty tunneled on me, as well as a little weird. His initial argument against me... (that i was actually scum, and was wanting to know what the bread crumb was for my benefit)... is just as dumb as me not realizing his initial comment was sarcastic. i mean, do you really think that as scum, i would genuinely be asking that? That would be pretty naive, and i would expect most people to assume that... just like most people might assume that fate was joking.

the difference is that when i realized fate was joking, i dropped it... but fate keeps trudging along with his theory, even though i explained what i was doing. i dont find him that scummy right now, though. and yes, what i said was similar to asking 'are you serious'.

now i will sit here and wait for him to yell and curse at me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ Vibebox - i didnt see anything wrong with his vote.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ Implosion:
implosion wrote:
Seacore wrote:Then again, I'm used to always being accused of scum early in Day 1, as some of you can attest to, so maybe I was just paranoid.
Excuses excuses excuses.
VOTE: Seacore
So far this is the scummiest thing i have found so far. (which doesn't necessarily mean it's severe)

I dont see how you couldn't understand the context of this. He was explaining why he read nacho and fate's posts in a serious manner... because he is used to being accused of being scum early on D1.

How is that out of place/context?

Your rebuttal to seacore was:
It basically amounts to saying "hey guys, people always find me scummy so even if I'm scummy you shouldn't accuse me for it."
It doesn't amount to that at all. Not even close.

UNVOTE
VOTE: implosion

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On a related note, i want to ask seacore why you left off the argument where you did. what he said (that i just quoted) was a complete misrepresentation of what you said. Now... he might have taken something the wrong way, and not realized what you actually meant... but why didn't you correct him? Why would you back down from that argument when it is so easy (and evident) to show that he is mistaken/wrong?

Makes me wonder if that was a light distancing attempt, and seacore maybe tried to let it go as a light encounter, instead of getting into a bigger discussion over it.

And when i think about it that way, implosions inaccurate paraphrase looks like something a scum would say to another scum early in the game, as a light bus.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@MOD - Can we get something in the way of prods on The Butterfly and Xenophon?
Like with pointy, sharp, burning sticks?
I've been searching for a replacement for xenophon since the beginning of the game (since I'm pretty sure he disappeared from the site). Also I've prodded The Butterfly. Let's hope he doesn't bail too :P

Thanks!!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

So, I was going to make some huge long post about how sheeping Fate is the best scum strategy, so we should instant lynch GhostWriter for trying. But then I realized sheeping fate was the best town strategy too, so I'm just shutting up and letting the current take me where it will.

LISTEN TO YOUR HEART
Vote: podium

No, I don't want you to claim. Hell, I don't want you to even defend yourself, really. I just want you to believe that you won't get lynched. And so don't get lynched. Although, I don't know whether this is L-2 or L-1 because the votecount confused my feeble heart. But that's okay.

PS: This is not a post restriction.
PPS: I'll probably be playing like this for the whole game. But I will be lynching scum the whole game, so it's eyyy ok.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Seacore »

@podium,

The reason why I dropped it is that it seemed it was miscommunication, and it seemed hypocritical to vote for him for the doing what I did. I figured it was just get us into a big circle that would eventually just be seen as OMGUS
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

miscommunication - 16 letters
hypocritical - 12 letters

It's funny how one word seems so much longer than the other one, and yet it's only a four letter difference. Isn't it, Zinive?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Seacore »

Is there a backstory behind that? I don't get it.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote:@podium,

The reason why I dropped it is that it seemed it was miscommunication, and it seemed hypocritical to vote for him for the doing what I did. I figured it was just get us into a big circle that would eventually just be seen as OMGUS
??

I didn't say you had to vote him. My problem was that you didn't even try to clear up the miscommunication... when it was so easy to do.... ESPECIALLY when that miscommunication was the source of his vote.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Seacore »

I gave my explanation, it's up to him whether he's satisfied or not. It was his first vote, so I'm not very worried about it.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Nachomamma is in this game?

Anyway:

podium, do you think Fate is scum? What do you think of Vibebox?
VibeBox, opinions on the wagon on you.

----
VibeBox wrote:
VibeBox wrote: What,
precisely
, in my post you were referring to meets this criteria?
VasudeVa wrote:Your
whole
#65. Lots of quotes, little analysis. You just called someone on shitposting when you are posting shit yourself. What MoI said, basically.

Soo, because I misunderstood your fancy-shmancy hip version of 'Okay', thinking that you were calling me and Zinive not fail when you had little reason to say so, I'm automatically calling for brownie points?

Because podium is a 'fail', what's your read on him? Do you think he's Town-fail or scum-fail?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Yeah.

VV, do you think there's a possibility of Fate, me, you, Magna, and GhostWriter all being town together? How great of a posssibility? At this point, which one do you believe the most likely to be scum? Why do you think this? Do you believe that it's in the town's best interest to wagon one of these five individuals to determine alignment? Do you believe wagoning is an effective tool in determining alignment? Who is your second scumpick? Why?

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by podium123456 »

VasudeVa wrote:Nachomamma is in this game?

Anyway:

podium, do you think Fate is scum? What do you think of Vibebox?
VibeBox, opinions on the wagon on you.
Quick-fire low thought scumhunting questions.

+

I answered one of the questions you just asked me, so you aren't reading things very close.

=

+scumpoints

----------------------

fate and vibe are both null to me right now.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Nacho, what made you pick those 5?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Yeah.

a)
VV, do you think there's a possibility of Fate, me, you, Magna, and GhostWriter all being town together? How great of a posssibility?
b)
At this point, which one do you believe the most likely to be scum?
c)
Why do you think this?
c)
Do you believe that it's in the town's best interest to wagon one of these five individuals to determine alignment?
d)
Do you believe wagoning is an effective tool in determining alignment?
e)
Who is your second scumpick? Why?
a) Quite possible, but too few posts from all players mentioned at this point to make a proper judgment. (Except Fate, but he's forever stuck in nullsville for me outside of Innocent Childed-ness and cop confirmed innocent-ness.)
b) Vibebox
c) IIoA shitposting in his #65 which he refuses to admit and he's drowning it out with needlessly specific questioning.
d) Sure I do!
e) implosion, maybe. I like podium's #80 on him. I haven't been reading too closely though since the juicy stuff's drowned out with Fate's CAPS.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I took the four people here I'm most familiar with, and then tossed in me and him for good measure.

And VV, you got a little twisty confused with the questions. Question b was referring to the group of 5, and you have 2 question c's, both of which are meant to still refer to the original group of 5.

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Fate »

Ok so here's the deal.

I was reading on my phone and ABOUT TO PULL an unvote vote target of my target Fate classic.

BUT

I WENT AND RE READ THE SHIT THAT PODIUM WAS TALKIN ABOUT
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Fate »

It starts here.
This is Seacore's response
Implosion acknowledges how he read it.
Seacore's final response

NOW. I see NOTHING wrong with that exchange. Implosion thought something was scummy, Seacore thought he was misreading and corrected his post, Implosion furthered why he still thought it was scummy, Seacore obliged that it was good enough to go on RVS style.

SO THAT MEANS

PODIUM'S ATTEMPT AT CONTENT IS BLOWING SHIT OUT OF PROPORTION. LETS SEE WHAT ELSE THERE IS.
@ Fate - He's pretty tunneled on me, as well as a little weird. His initial argument against me... (that i was actually scum, and was wanting to know what the bread crumb was for my benefit)... is just as dumb as me not realizing his initial comment was sarcastic. i mean, do you really think that as scum, i would genuinely be asking that? That would be pretty naive, and i would expect most people to assume that... just like most people might assume that fate was joking.

the difference is that when i realized fate was joking, i dropped it... but fate keeps trudging along with his theory, even though i explained what i was doing. i dont find him that scummy right now, though. and yes, what i said was similar to asking 'are you serious'.

now i will sit here and wait for him to yell and curse at me.
ALL THIS AND YOU HAVE A NULL READ? NOT A SCUMMY READ FOR ME PUSHING SO HARD? NOT A TOWN READ FOR BEING SO HARD HEADED? NULL?

<-THIS IS ME YELLING AND CURSING AT YOU.
@ Vibebox - i didnt see anything wrong with his vote.
WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN?

Your rebuttal to seacore was:
It basically amounts to saying "hey guys, people always find me scummy so even if I'm scummy you shouldn't accuse me for it."

It doesn't amount to that at all. Not even close.
SO. That wasn't his LAST rebuttal, but THATS where YOU LEAVE off? Not even finishing reading the interaction between them?
On a related note, i want to ask seacore why you left off the argument where you did. what he said (that i just quoted) was a complete misrepresentation of what you said. Now... he might have taken something the wrong way, and not realized what you actually meant... but why didn't you correct him? Why would you back down from that argument when it is so easy (and evident) to show that he is mistaken/wrong?
But he DID correct him.
Makes me wonder if that was a light distancing attempt, and seacore maybe tried to let it go as a light encounter, instead of getting into a bigger discussion over it.

And when i think about it that way, implosions inaccurate paraphrase looks like something a scum would say to another scum early in the game, as a light bus.
"Makes me wonder if it was this, and if I think it was this they I can easily see it as this."

SUPER FUCKIN TECH.
??

I didn't say you had to vote him. My problem was that you didn't even try to clear up the miscommunication... when it was so easy to do.... ESPECIALLY when that miscommunication was the source of his vote.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now.
HE DID CLEAR IT UP.

AND THEN SEACORE SAYS:
I gave my explanation, it's up to him whether he's satisfied or not. It was his first vote, so I'm not very worried about it.
AND WHAT DO YOU SAY?
Quick-fire low thought scumhunting questions.

+

I answered one of the questions you just asked me, so you aren't reading things very close.

=

+scumpoints

----------------------

fate and vibe are both null to me right now.
LOOK WHOS MORE INTERESTED IN CALLING VV SCUM THAN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT SEACORES ALIGNMENT. LOK WHOS CALLING SLIGHT TOWN READS (me and Vibe should be slight town for all you with your heads outta your ass) NULL?

WAGON STAYS.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Fate »

FATE POSTED wrote: My god people, the fact that MoI dismissed my attacks as "rambling wild accusations that need to be reigned in" instead of seeing the value in it, AND him attacking GhostWriter's case instead of mine = +SCUM.
MagnaofIllusion DODGED wrote:
Vibebox wrote:Allowing an unclaimed player to reach L-1 seems awful. It allows for quicklynching and self-hammering.
And both the options you mention here have consequences. If you don’t like the site meta calling it awful isn’t going to do much good.
Vibebox wrote:I'm sorry that a little intrawebs lingo is enough to confuse you.
It has nothing to do with confusing me. Nice try Tex. It has everything to do with consistency in your opinion and posting. You call someone out for crap posting and then post what is basically crap yourself. That borders on Cognitive Dissonance.
Vibebox wrote:He completely failed to understand Fate's point. Are you really saying you couldn't tell that's what I was referencing?
It’s clear he failed to get the reference. If your statement doesn’t indicate he is scum for doing so why did you post it? If it does indicate he is scum why didn't you just call him scummy as opposed to being cute?
Vibebox wrote:Vas & Zinive = not
I looked at your ISO. Your only mention of Zini is to call him one of the ‘funny’ guys and you only interacted with VV at ISO 4. So unless you are going purely on ‘gut’ here some support would be great.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@MOD - Can we get something in the way of prods on The Butterfly and Xenophon?
Like with pointy, sharp, burning sticks?
I've been searching for a replacement for xenophon since the beginning of the game (since I'm pretty sure he disappeared from the site). Also I've prodded The Butterfly. Let's hope he doesn't bail too :P

Thanks!!
DODGE FLUFFPOST

But of course we can't get MoI lynched D1, so I digress.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Fate »

Nachomamma8 wrote:So, I was going to make some huge long post about how sheeping Fate is the best scum strategy, so we should instant lynch GhostWriter for trying. But then I realized sheeping fate was the best town strategy too, so I'm just shutting up and letting the current take me where it will.

LISTEN TO YOUR HEART
Vote: podium

No, I don't want you to claim. Hell, I don't want you to even defend yourself, really. I just want you to believe that you won't get lynched. And so don't get lynched. Although, I don't know whether this is L-2 or L-1 because the votecount confused my feeble heart. But that's okay.

PS: This is not a post restriction.
PPS: I'll probably be playing like this for the whole game. But I will be lynching scum the whole game, so it's eyyy ok.
{goodpostin}

If Nacho gets killed N1 I'm probably scum.

Jus sayin'

He knows me too well.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Fate »

GhostWriter wrote:Nacho, what made you pick those 5?
Wait this all you have to say after podium made that huge post?

Ah fuckin hell.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vibe, is Ghost still A OK with you?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”