New Designer Mafia (Victor(s) are crowned)

Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Olinea »

I am not a detonator.

Mods might have changed that mechanic to PMing.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Xalxe »

Or it's possible there could be other daykillers with similar flavor.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Olinea »

Typically, daykillers seem like they'd have to post in-thread. Flavor strongly suggests a Detonator.

If it's a Detonator, the only one who could have pulled it off was danakillsu when he quoted my post and said "Olinea isn't the detonator", I'm not sure if that would have counted. Come to think of it, the "the" rather than "an" tipped me off but wasn't enough to put a vote down.

At this point we're speculating on role mechanics and we should progress as usual, but I've got my eye on dana for now.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Olinea »

Of course, there's the whole "vote count between the bolded Detonate and the kill sequence" argument that would (mostly) invalidate that, but WIFOM on whether the mods caught that at first glance or not.
GreyICE:
Fashion Llama
Fashion Llama
Townie
Fashion Llama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Fashion Llama »

Vote Count

Xalxe (5) – Internet Stranger, zoraster, DemonHybrid, StrangerCoug, DeathNote
Ender421 (1) – brokenscraps

Not Voting (17) – Plum, Sevei, populartajo, Zajnet, Nocmen, WhenInRome, danakillsu, ribwich, Tasky, Xalxe, Thingyman, Furcolow, Fishythefish, Olinea, ender421

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch
Those who have not posted yet have been prodded
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

OLINEA, YOU BOLDED THE WORD DETONATE.

Vote: Olinea
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Olinea wrote:
CooLDoG wrote:chesses comments are as stupid as normal.
I can't tell if this is ad hom or basic mudslinging.

Detonate.

:P

You want this one.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Olinea »

DemonHybrid wrote:OLINEA, YOU BOLDED THE WORD DETONATE.

Vote: Olinea
I am completely aware, thank you.

I'd think the vote count between the bolding and the death sequence would be indicative that something was done between the vote count and the death.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Olinea »

Also, as dana pointed out, technically I first did it in Post #9 which leaves a roughly 24 hour grace period of several vote counts BEFORE the death. As such either the mods are not on their game or I'm not a Detonator.
GreyICE:
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by danakillsu »

The flavor makes it obvious this has nothing to do with a detonator. The explosion wouldn't rock the ground before killing chesskid if chesskid was holding the bomb. It just wouldn't be put that way. Considering someone submitted a dayvig, I think we have to look to something like that for our killer. Perhaps this particular dayvig can submit kills by PM, rather than posting them in thread, and is actually scum.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Also, don't know if this means anything to anyone else here, but Zoraster has not been posting by picture/video since his first post. Now in one of my games, a third violation of a post-restriction meant the death of a townie, so I find it interesting that chesskid died after the third post Zoraster made that seemed to break a post-restriction.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by danakillsu »

And, finally (sorry for the triple-post), I should mention that this proves that drug dealing NEVER pays.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

danakillsu wrote:And, finally (sorry for the triple-post), I should mention that this proves that drug dealing NEVER pays.
xD
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by zoraster »

danakillsu wrote:Also, don't know if this means anything to anyone else here, but Zoraster has not been posting by picture/video since his first post. Now in one of my games, a third violation of a post-restriction meant the death of a townie, so I find it interesting that chesskid died after the third post Zoraster made that seemed to break a post-restriction.
It's not a post restriction. It's just something I'm doing. I mentioned this before the game started. I'll probably post a video on Monday, but I (a) don't want to make everyone watch a youtube video every post and (b) want to have some stuff to talk about before actually posting one.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Xalxe »

danakillsu wrote:And, finally (sorry for the triple-post), I should mention that this proves that drug dealing NEVER pays.
Your post restriction must suck. That's, like, twice now, jeez.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Tasky »

ok..
first, why didn't anyone tell me this game started?
second, STOP CLAIMING ROLES NOW!

here is why claiming roles is COMPLETELY DAMAGING TO TOWN:
1. it gives us absolutely no way to evaluate how we have to fight, and therefore ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE since:
1a) We do not know whether a given role is on our side or not, so every decision based on the claimed roles can be exactly PLAYING INTO SCUMS HANDS!
2b) We do not even know whether a given role is even in the game.
2. it helps scum. A LOT. why? because they DO know which roles they have, therefore EACH ROLE THEY DON'T HAVE, IS A ROLE THEY CAN ACCOUNT FOR POSSIBLY BEING ON THEIR ENEMIES SIDE
it's like having a semi-open, where town only knows the possible roles, but scum knows the possible roles and the alignments tied to each role.

I will only claim one role at this point because it's owner is dead. tbh, I think we should be happy cooldog died, since otherwise we would have one no-revealed dead N1.
Spoiler: Background Noise
You are the
Background Noise

Passive Abilities:

Noise 1:
Every night this is in effect, one player is randomly chosen of those who died that night. That player's alignment will not be revealed as long as you are alive. This ability is in effect during night 0 (night 1 if there is a day start).
Noise 2:
Every night this is in effect, one investigative role is randomly chosen. That player will get no result that night. As soon as you die, every information withheld this way will be giving to the respective players.
Noise 3:
Every night this is in effect, one player is randomly chosen. That player loses his vote the following day.

Active Abiliities:

Directed Noise
(mandatory, night): Choose a number N between 1 and 3. Next night <Noise N> will be in effect. This ability can not be blocked in any way.

third:
StrangerCoug wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Also, is there no cops in this game? Is that what the post four means from the mod?
A standard cop, not unless there are multiple scumteams. I sent in a role cop, though.
Internet Stranger wrote:All you're doing is taking the game away from scumhunters and making this to be a spreadsheet exercise. I'm here to catch scum, not play some bastardized version of Clue.
could you please explain the meaning of this post?

fourth:
VOTE: Olinea.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Olinea »

Tasky wrote:fourth:
VOTE: Olinea.
I'm pretty sure I refuted the Detonator thing, so is your vote built off of something else?
GreyICE:
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by DeathNote »

No doubt that was a scum kill. Did anyone send in a lover role?

I knew that we can have multiple roles from our list chosen for this game but did someone really send in those exact roles of background noice lover and whatnot?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Olinea, you have to be joking. You bolded the word detonate, the mod most likely missed it the first time, but the, suddenly, two people died.

I just want to hang you because you're now lying to our faces red handed. Give it up and die.

You want this one.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Tasky wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Also, is there no cops in this game? Is that what the post four means from the mod?
A standard cop, not unless there are multiple scumteams. I sent in a role cop, though.
Internet Stranger wrote:All you're doing is taking the game away from scumhunters and making this to be a spreadsheet exercise. I'm here to catch scum, not play some bastardized version of Clue.
could you please explain the meaning of this post?
If it's just town vs. one Mafia team, standard cop is useless to scum. Role cop is useful to both teams, though.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Olinea »

DemonHybrid wrote:Olinea, you have to be joking. You bolded the word detonate, the mod most likely missed it the first time, but the, suddenly, two people died.

I just want to hang you because you're now lying to our faces red handed. Give it up and die.
No, I'm not joking.

I can give evidence that I'm not a Detonator but it requires a player who hasn't posted in the thread yet, and will most likely result in a fullclaim, which I'd rather not do, obviously.

Is "the first time" in reference to Post #9 or the second one which was more obvious?
GreyICE:
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Yea, the main unique role I submitted is dead. It was the drug dealer, which i breadcrumbed in my first post, because I didn't want to directly say it yet.

That's hte answer to DeathNotes 117. Yes, I submitted the drug dealer role.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by DeathNote »

did you specify him as a lover?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Nocmen »

No, the role was solely a drug dealer. Who honestly played just like an inventor.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Plum »

I know why they were Lovers. At this point I don't think it matters because it'll change nothing in the game going forward.

VOTE: Tasky

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”