Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote count 1.1:

Xtoxm - 0
Krazy - 2 (Snake Eyes, Abelcain)
Umbrage - 2 (iamausername, ConSpiracy)
Ythan - 1 (Krazy)
ConSpiracy - 3 (Vordark, DarthYoshi, Umbrage)
TheBigLebowski - 0
Snake Eyes - 0
Vordark - 1 (TheBigLebowski)
Quaroath - 0
Abelcain - 0
iamausername - 0
DarthYoshi - 1 (Quaroath)
No lynch - 0
Not voting: Xtoxm, Ythan.

With 12 alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Umbrage »

OK, so my vote on ConSpiracy is about as serious as you can get for page 1 reads. Xtoxm stands out as odd to me, he didn't random vote, he didn't really say hello or anything, he just answered the questions. I'm not saying it's scum or town, it just looks odd.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Ythan »

Hi everyone. Dropping a post here for egosearch, I'll stop back by in a bit.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Ythan »

DarthYoshi wrote:Hi, everyone. Time for some obligatory opening questions--

What time zone are you in?

EST.

RVS or RQS? Why?

I don't care. While you're doing that I have plenty of posts to look at to do my own thing.

What is your experience level with Mafia?

Sufficient.

How active can we expect you to be?

Hahahahaha.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Ythan »

DarthYoshi wrote:@Krazy: I've never played a game with Ythan. Why should we be policy lynching him?
Irrelevant reasons. I hurt his feelings in another game.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

Umbrage wrote:I'm not saying it's scum or town, it just looks odd.
Why bother pointing it out if you're not going to draw a conclusion from it? Is it because you want someone else to do your dirty work for you?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by Krazy »

Ythan wrote:Irrelevant reasons. I hurt his feelings in another game.

Not supposed to talk about ongoing games Ythan. tsk tsk
vote conspiracy
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Snake Eyes »

Umbrage wrote:OK, so my vote on ConSpiracy is about as serious as you can get for page 1 reads. Xtoxm stands out as odd to me, he didn't random vote, he didn't really say hello or anything, he just answered the questions. I'm not saying it's scum or town, it just looks odd.
Why is ConSpiracy asking you specifically a question a somewhat serious scumtell? What about it is more scummy than a person who is arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS, and why point it out if it's not scummy?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Umbrage
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:37 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Umbrage wrote:
ConSpiracy wrote:So Umbrage, thoughts on people?
Why me? As I said, I don't consider RVS means much in the way of scum versus town. I really don't think anyone can find scum on page one.

VOTE: ConSpiracy

You singled me out for a reason, but why would you ask for my thoughts when I said I find RVS meaningless?
Think further
Umbrage wrote:OK, so my vote on ConSpiracy is about as serious as you can get for page 1 reads. Xtoxm stands out as odd to me, he didn't random vote, he didn't really say hello or anything, he just answered the questions. I'm not saying it's scum or town, it just looks odd.
Great, post. Are you going to point out things that are scummy or only things that you see as null?
Snake Eyes wrote:Why is ConSpiracy asking you specifically a question a somewhat serious scumtell? What about it is more scummy than a person who is arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS, and why point it out if it's not scummy?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Umbrage
Wait a minute. I wasn't doing much to get out of the RVS? That's not true.

Also, @ mod: Why aren't spoilers allowed? I use them once in a while and I can't see any harm in those

I think the point is to avoid having players trying to hide stuff from some people. It was in the ruleset that I plagiarized, and in most other rulesets that I know of.
Last edited by implosion on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 am

Post by Snake Eyes »

ConSpiracy wrote:Wait a minute. I wasn't doing much to get out of the RVS? That's not true.
Read my post again. I meant that xtoxm was arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS by just answering the activity questions, and not voting or saying anything relevant really.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Umbrage »

Ythan wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:Hi, everyone. Time for some obligatory opening questions--

What time zone are you in?

EST.

RVS or RQS? Why?

I don't care. While you're doing that I have plenty of posts to look at to do my own thing.

What is your experience level with Mafia?

Sufficient.

How active can we expect you to be?

Hahahahaha.
I like this guy already.
Snake Eyes wrote:What about it is more scummy than a person who is arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS, and why point it out if it's not scummy?
Uh... what? Firstly, not pushing the game past RVS is not a scumtell. Some people really like RVS. Secondly, I already said why it struck me as kind of scummy, it was really out of the blue, I have no idea why he would ask me that unless he knew that I wouldn't give a straight answer and he wanted to make me look bad. That was my reasoning. Unless you happen to know that he had a better reason, why dispute my logic there? Thirdly, I really don't see how xotxm was trying to avoid moving past RVS. If anything, he was trying to skip it altogether by not random voting.

I brought up the xotxm thing to see how people would react, let me get a feel for the people here. I really do doubt ConSpiracy's motives in asking me that question, but my vote on him was mainly to see how you reacted to a serious vote early in RVS. Just my little way of getting to know you.
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Abelcain »

DarthYoshi wrote:
Abelcain:
and then you're trying to subliminally tell to us to get rid of ConSpiracy too?
I can't tell if this is serious or not. Ordinarily, I'd say no, but the tone of the rest of your post seems serious, so I can't tell if your vote is serious or not. Please clarify.
That last line was completely a joke, and the vote's only semi-serious. I was actually trying to get a reaction out of Krazy, and I figured it'd be easier to get a reaction if I also said something completely outrageous and made it sound serious. (This is also why I didn't post last night, because I didn't want to give it away so soon.) Isn't the point of RVS to get a reaction out of people anyway?

However, it's pretty clear that Krazy not only ignored my post
but
he still hasn't even given us a real reason for his PL against Ythan. And before anyone tries to tell me that he wasn't serious about a policy lynch, so far talking about the PL is the
only thing
Krazy's actually contributed to any sort of discussion in this game, aside from his short RQS answers in his first post.

Umbrage wrote:Secondly, I already said why it struck me as kind of scummy, it was really out of the blue, I have no idea why he would ask me that unless he knew that I wouldn't give a straight answer and he wanted to make me look bad.
Could you explain this part? Why wouldn't you give a straight answer to ConSpiracy's question? And why would he "know" that you wouldn't give a straight answer?
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Umbrage »

@ Abelcain:
Umbrage wrote:RVS, I don't really think it means much
I didn't answer the question because I don't like giving out opinions based on RVS stuff. I think ConSpiracy saw the above, and that's why he questioned me. Why else would he single me out?
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:32 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Umbrage wrote:@ Abelcain:
Umbrage wrote:RVS, I don't really think it means much
I didn't answer the question because I don't like giving out opinions based on RVS stuff. I think ConSpiracy saw the above, and that's why he questioned me. Why else would he single me out?
Because you had two votes and nobody made the slightest attempt to get us out of the RVS. I thought I could do it, so bandwagon went up.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Umbrage »

OK, that makes sense.

UNVOTE: ConSpiracy

VOTE: Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Snake Eyes »

Umbrage wrote:Uh... what? Firstly, not pushing the game past RVS is not a scumtell. Some people really like RVS.
Umbrage wrote:Thirdly, I really don't see how xotxm was trying to avoid moving past RVS. If anything, he was trying to skip it altogether by not random voting
Agreed, which is why I struggled to understand why you pointed out xtoxm's actions in particular. Well, agreed apart from him trying to skip it. Trying to skip it would mean actively trying to get something going in the game.
Umbrage wrote:Secondly, I already said why it struck me as kind of scummy, it was really out of the blue, I have no idea why he would ask me that unless he knew that I wouldn't give a straight answer and he wanted to make me look bad. That was my reasoning. Unless you happen to know that he had a better reason, why dispute my logic there?
Umbrage wrote: I really do doubt ConSpiracy's motives in asking me that question, but my vote on him was mainly to see how you reacted to a serious vote early in RVS. Just my little way of getting to know you.
I don't understand why you would immediately assume ConSpiracy had some ulterior motives, as asking questions in early game can only help move the game forward. In the quotes above you show such remarkable self-consciousness that I'm starting to think my vote is in the right place.
Umbrage wrote:VOTE: Snake Eyes
Care to give us an explanation for this? Or is this straight up OMGUS?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Umbrage »

Snake Eyes wrote:Agreed, which is why I struggled to understand why you pointed out xtoxm's actions in particular. Well, agreed apart from him trying to skip it. Trying to skip it would mean actively trying to get something going in the game.
I pointed it out to see what the rest of you thought. What do you think of him, exactly? You said he was "a person who is arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS", which you obviously regard as a scumtell. But instead of going after him, you go after me, why?
Snake Eyes wrote:I don't understand why you would immediately assume ConSpiracy had some ulterior motives, as asking questions in early game can only help move the game forward.
Well, my questioning ConSpiracy's motives could only help move the game forward, so what's the problem?
Snake Eyes wrote:In the quotes above you show such remarkable self-consciousness that I'm starting to think my vote is in the right place.
You mean the quotes that explain that I did what I did to get us out of RVS. You've said that it's bad to prolong RVS, and yet you say I'm scummy. Interesting.
Snake Eyes wrote:Care to give us an explanation for this? Or is this straight up OMGUS?
Ooh, quick to judge, are we? I'm voting you because you've contradicted yourself. See above. You seem desperate to stop RVS and get a wagon started.
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Snake Eyes »

Umbrage wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:Agreed, which is why I struggled to understand why you pointed out xtoxm's actions in particular. Well, agreed apart from him trying to skip it. Trying to skip it would mean actively trying to get something going in the game.
I pointed it out to see what the rest of you thought. What do you think of him, exactly? You said he was "a person who is arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS", which you obviously regard as a scumtell. But instead of going after him, you go after me, why?
I don't think anything of him. You're the one who brought him up. As for why I said he was a person who is arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS, I said it to see if you would suddenly find it scummy after I said it, or back off of conspiracy. I don't obviously regard it as a scumtell, and I never said I did.
Umbrage wrote:Well, my questioning ConSpiracy's motives could only help move the game forward, so what's the problem?
Haha, is this a serious post? Do I need to explain to you the difference between a guy who is asking questions to get reads off of people, and a guy who thinks that when he's asked a question, he's being set up to look bad?
Umbrage wrote:You mean the quotes that explain that I did what I did to get us out of RVS. You've said that it's bad to prolong RVS, and yet you say I'm scummy. Interesting.
I genuinely think it's scummy that you're paranoid of ulterior motives when someone asks you a fairly innocuous question, yes. If you're truly acting like this out of desire to end the RVS, good job I guess, because we're officially out of RVS now.

@everyone: Stuff is happening. Any thoughts?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Krazy »

Ok. Since I now realize that explaining my reasoning for a policy lynch would require me to talk about an ongoing game, I will now retract my reasoning for my vote on Ythan as being a policy lynch.

Now my vote on Ythan is because he did not join in RVS and has not voted yet.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Krazy »

Umbrage wrote: I like this guy already.

Thanks for sharing. Considering there's so much discussion as to whether Xtoxm was contributing by only answering the questions, what do you make of Ythan only answering the questions and not voting? Are you letting Ythan off the hook because you find him amusing?
vote conspiracy
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Abelcain »

Umbrage wrote:I didn't answer the question because I don't like giving out opinions based on RVS stuff. I think ConSpiracy saw the above, and that's why he questioned me. Why else would he single me out?
That doesn't mean that you can't give a straight answer. Hell, your post (#19) where you told him you don't like forming RVS opinions was enough of an answer. Nobody accused you of avoiding the question when you said that. The only person who thinks you didn't give a straight answer is
you
. So instead of it looking like ConSpiracy was setting a trap, it looks like you're doubting your own posts and pretending to see scummy behavior where there is none.
Umbrage wrote:You mean the quotes that explain that I did what I did to get us out of RVS.
Umbrage wrote:You seem desperate to stop RVS and get a wagon started.
Contradictory much? Those two sentences were in the
same post
. You admit to actively trying to get us out of RVS then accuse someone else of being "desperate" to get out?
Snake Eyes wrote:@everyone: Stuff is happening. Any thoughts?
Stuff is indeed happening.
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Umbrage »

Abelcain wrote:Contradictory much? Those two sentences were in the same post. You admit to actively trying to get us out of RVS then accuse someone else of being "desperate" to get out?
There's a difference between moving out of RVS and trying to start a premature bandwagon.
Abelcain wrote:That doesn't mean that you can't give a straight answer.
Why should I have given him an answer when I knew any answer I gave would be bullshit?
Snake Eyes wrote:I don't think anything of him. You're the one who brought him up. As for why I said he was a person who is arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS, I said it to see if you would suddenly find it scummy after I said it, or back off of conspiracy. I don't obviously regard it as a scumtell, and I never said I did.
Yet, you strongly implied that I should find him scummier than ConSpiracy. Why?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Conspiracy--first, why the need to exit us out of RVS? Second, why the need to do so with an unexplained bandwagon vote?

@Snake Eyes--why are you defending Conspiracy so hard?

@Umbrage--do you plan on making a vote at some point that doesn't look like an OMGUS vote?

@Krazy--so you're going to change your reasons for a vote just to keep a vote on a person you don't like? Lamesauce.

@Abelcain--not sure I liked your tactic, but I agree with your assessment of Krazy in #36.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Krazy »

DarthYoshi wrote:@Krazy--so you're going to change your reasons for a vote just to keep a vote on a person you don't like? Lamesauce.

What gave you the impression I don't like Ythan? A policy lynch doesn't have to be emotionally influenced, and although Ythan characterized it that way, it's interesting that you pick up with it so easily. Ythan is the sort of person that likes to characterize other players as angry whenever they confront him over his agonism. He attempts to equate any problem with him as a personal attack or emotionally motivated. That does not mean I actually dislike him, despite what he apparently wants you to believe.

Do you have a problem with my current vote on Ythan? You have no problem with him not voting? Are you now ignoring both non-votes or being selective?
vote conspiracy
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Umbrage »

@ DarthYoshi: I don't care if my vote 'looks' like OMGUS. Snake Eyes is my strongest scum read, which for page 2 isn't saying much admittedly, but I'm confident in my reasoning thus far. When I see someone surpass in scumminess, I will of course switch my vote over.

Return to “Completed Open Games”