Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Snake Eyes »

Umbrage wrote:
Abelcain wrote:Contradictory much? Those two sentences were in the same post. You admit to actively trying to get us out of RVS then accuse someone else of being "desperate" to get out?
There's a difference between moving out of RVS and trying to start a premature bandwagon.
We will never get anywhere without bandwagons. The whole idea of a premature bandwagon is a fallacy. Why are you drawing an arbitrary line between what I'm doing and what you're doing? Is it because you want it to be scummy when I do it, and not when you do it?
Umbrage wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:I don't think anything of him. You're the one who brought him up
. As for why I said he was a person who is arguably not doing much to get the game out of RVS, I said it to see if you would suddenly find it scummy after I said it, or back off of conspiracy.
I don't obviously regard it as a scumtell, and I never said I did.
Yet, you strongly implied that I should find him scummier than ConSpiracy. Why?
See bolded. I have a total null read on xtoxm, and I'm leaning slightly town on Conspiracy. I purposefully implied so to see how you reacted.
DarthYoshi wrote:@Snake Eyes--why are you defending Conspiracy so hard?
Not so much defending Conspiracy as I am attacking Umbrage. Here's my thought process on Umbrage in a nutshell:
His #26 set off my scumdar, saying that he had a serious vote on Conspiracy, and then pointing out something unrelated in another player that wasn't even a scumtell. I wanted him to set the record straight on xtoxm, since him pointing xtoxm out as odd was so out of the blue. There's definitely an unnatural player relation there, and should Umbrage flip scum, I'd start looking for his scumbuddies in xtoxm. I also wanted to pressure him on Conspiracy to see if he still found him scummy after some pressure and also to get him to clarify why he found Conspiracy scummy.

However, it's his reaction to my attack that really makes me think he's scum. He's attacking his attacker, which isn't a scumtell, but neither is it a fantastically townie response. There's the whole paranoia about Conspiracy trying to make him look bad with a question. He finds me scummy for trying to move out of RVS, while he admits himself he does it and even uses that to defend himself.

So yeah. Umbrage wagon is a good wagon.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Snake Eyes defends Conspiracy:
I don't understand why you would immediately assume ConSpiracy had some ulterior motives, as asking questions in early game can only help move the game forward.
Snake Eyes sez:
Not so much defending Conspiracy.
Um, right.
Snake Eyes:
The whole idea of a premature bandwagon is a fallacy.
How so?
More Snake Eyes:
There's definitely an unnatural player relation there, and should Umbrage flip scum, I'd start looking for his scumbuddies in xtoxm
Hunting for scumpairs before there have been any flips is junk science.

Also, why do you have a town read on Conspiracy?
Krazy:
What gave you the impression I don't like Ythan?
Your ISO, brief though it is, certainly gives the impression that you don't particularly care for him. If my characterization was inaccurate, my heartiest apologies.
Krazy:
Do you have a problem with my current vote on Ythan?
Yes.
Krazy:
You have no problem with him not voting?
Not as much as you apparently do.
Krazy:
Are you now ignoring both non-votes or being selective?
Neither. Commenting on every single thing is something I have neither the time or inclination to do. Tell me why him not RVSing is scummy. If you want me to hop onto that wagon, convince me.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Umbrage »

DarthYoshi wrote:If you want me to hop onto that wagon, convince me.
QFT. I've never played with Ythan before. Let's see how he plays before we policy lynch him, for Pete's sake.
Snake Eyes wrote:Why are you drawing an arbitrary line between what I'm doing and what you're doing? Is it because you want it to be scummy when I do it, and not when you do it?
Same thing could be said about you. I've done more to get us out of RVS, something you clearly agree with as you're trying to do the same thing, and yet I'm scummy.
Snake Eyes wrote:See bolded. I have a total null read on xtoxm, and I'm leaning slightly town on Conspiracy. I purposefully implied so to see how you reacted.
Really? Why? I think I made it pretty clear I was null on xtoxm. What possible reaction could you get?
Snake Eyes wrote:I wanted him to set the record straight on xtoxm, since him pointing xtoxm out as odd was so out of the blue.
Why do you care about xtoxm? I didn't attack him, and even if I did, he can defend himself.
Snake Eyes wrote:However, it's his reaction to my attack that really makes me think he's scum. He's attacking his attacker, which isn't a scumtell, but neither is it a fantastically townie response. There's the whole paranoia about Conspiracy trying to make him look bad with a question. He finds me scummy for trying to move out of RVS, while he admits himself he does it and even uses that to defend himself.
1) What you just described is a null tell. Unless I have something to gain by attacking you if I am scum.

2) Paranoia? It's not paranoia if people really are out to get you. You seem awfully sure of ConSpiracy's motives. What makes you so sure he's town?

3) Nice strawman, but if you look back, you'll see I find you scummy because of how you've pushed a bandwagon. When I voted ConSpiracy, I made sure to let everyone know it was a serious vote. I was setting myself up as bait, and you bit. If you think a bandwagon is the best way to get out of RVS, then why not vote ConSpiracy with me? Even if you think he's town, it doesn't matter. It's just a wagon, and it gets us out of RVS. Unless you think that your page 2 reads are going to hold for the rest of the game, I see no reason why you wouldn't want to bandwagon him. It'd be a hell of a lot easier than wagoning me. But you weren't interested in a wagon to leave RVS, you wanted a wagon that would grow, and maybe turn into a lynch. And that is scummy.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Krazy »

DarthYoshi wrote:Your ISO, brief though it is, certainly gives the impression that you don't particularly care for him. If my characterization was inaccurate, my heartiest apologies.
Krazy:
Are you now ignoring both non-votes or being selective?
Neither. Commenting on every single thing is something I have neither the time or inclination to do. Tell me why him not RVSing is scummy. If you want me to hop onto that wagon, convince me.

I'm not Ythan's best friend, for sure, but I don't particularly dislike him either.

As for the RVS, he popped in, answered the RQS, and bolted. No vote. No commentary on anyone else's votes. Absolutely no position to be held accountable for at any point in the rest of the game. Yes, I think that's scummy, in addition to being really uninformative for the town.
vote conspiracy
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Abelcain »

ConSpiracy's Post #38 wrote:
Umbrage wrote:I didn't answer the question because I don't like giving out opinions based on RVS stuff. I think ConSpiracy saw the above, and that's why he questioned me. Why else would he single me out?
Because you had two votes and nobody made the slightest attempt to get us out of the RVS. I thought I could do it, so bandwagon went up.
Umbrage's Post #39 wrote:OK, that makes sense.

UNVOTE: ConSpiracy

VOTE: Snake Eyes
Umbrage wrote:There's a difference between moving out of RVS and trying to start a premature bandwagon.
So ConSpiracy's attempt to bandwagon made sense, but Snake's attempt was "premature?" Even though Snake's bandwagon attempt came
after
ConSpiracy's?

Umbrage wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:Why are you drawing an arbitrary line between what I'm doing and what you're doing? Is it because you want it to be scummy when I do it, and not when you do it?
Same thing could be said about you. I've done more to get us out of RVS, something you clearly agree with as you're trying to do the same thing, and yet I'm scummy.
Snake Eyes wrote:I genuinely think it's scummy that you're paranoid of ulterior motives when someone asks you a fairly innocuous question, yes.
Snake Eyes wrote:His #26 set off my scumdar, saying that he had a serious vote on Conspiracy, and then pointing out something unrelated in another player that wasn't even a scumtell.
Snake Eyes wrote:However, it's his reaction to my attack that really makes me think he's scum.
I'm pretty sure Snake's given more reasons than just "Umbrage tried to get out of RVS." Which seems to be the only argument you've made against Snake so far.

Umbrage wrote:If you think a bandwagon is the best way to get out of RVS, then why not vote ConSpiracy with me? Even if you think he's town, it doesn't matter. It's just a wagon, and it gets us out of RVS.
If a bandwagon is the best way to get out of RVS, then why not vote someone who had two votes as opposed to someone with three? Even if he's got one less vote, it doesn't matter. It's just a wagon, and it gets us out of RVS.

Unless it's a wagon on Umbrage, in which case it's a scumtell. :roll:
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by ConSpiracy »

DarthYoshi wrote:@Conspiracy--first, why the need to exit us out of RVS? Second, why the need to do so with an unexplained bandwagon vote?
The game was going nowhere for 12 posts already and I thought I could end the RVS to get the game going.

I almost forgot:

call me CS dammit!

Don't call me con, that's the lamest abb ever.
Umbrage wrote:When I voted ConSpiracy, I made sure to let everyone know it was a serious vote. I was setting myself up as bait, and you bit.
Care to explain the bait-thing?
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Umbrage »

AC wrote:So ConSpiracy's attempt to bandwagon made sense, but Snake's attempt was "premature?" Even though Snake's bandwagon attempt came after ConSpiracy's?
CS said he was trying to get reactions, he could gain as town from the wagon. I don't see how a town Snake could benefit from wagoning me.
AC wrote:I'm pretty sure Snake's given more reasons than just "Umbrage tried to get out of RVS." Which seems to be the only argument you've made against Snake so far.
If you read back, you'll notice I called him out for defending xtoxm and CS when I see no real need for him to do so. He's gone back and forth on the RVS thing.
AC wrote:If a bandwagon is the best way to get out of RVS, then why not vote someone who had two votes as opposed to someone with three? Even if he's got one less vote, it doesn't matter. It's just a wagon, and it gets us out of RVS.
Oh I see, sarcasm. Haha. Sadly, it falls flat because I did not have a wagon on me, I had a collection of random votes. A bandwagon needs people pushing it. I was pushing CS. If Snake really wanted a bandwagon that would get us out of RVS, he could've pushed with me. But no, he seemed to think CS was town, after only a few posts. Why? He didn't know why CS asked that question to me. He could've found out why by pushing with me. But he didn't.
CS wrote:Care to explain the bait-thing?
I threw out that bit about xtoxm because I wanted to see who would either attack him, or come to his aid. Snake did the latter. Same basic principle with the vote on you.
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Snake Eyes »

DarthYoshi wrote:
Snake Eyes:
The whole idea of a premature bandwagon is a fallacy.
How so?
Votes and bandwagons give the discussion context. You'd never get anywhere without votes. Do you not agree?
DarthYoshi wrote:
More Snake Eyes:
There's definitely an unnatural player relation there, and should Umbrage flip scum, I'd start looking for his scumbuddies in xtoxm
Hunting for scumpairs before there have been any flips is junk science.
I look out for unnatural player interactions at all times. It's hardly the crux of my argument, anyway. It was part of my thought process and why I pressured him on it, so I mentioned it.
DarthYoshi wrote:Also, why do you have a town read on Conspiracy?
Just a slight townie vibe, from his initial questioning of Umbrage. As for the posts where you say I'm defending him, I'm not. I wanted Umbrage to tell me how he's scummy, and explain how his vote on CS qualifies in any way as serious. The questions are intentionally biased to see if it would affect to how he reacted to my questioning.
Umbrage wrote: When I voted ConSpiracy, I made sure to let everyone know it was a serious vote. I was setting myself up as bait, and you bit.
Which is it? Did you seriously think CS was trying to make you look bad, or were you just saying nonsense to set yourself up as bait? Also, which part is the bait? Here, you imply it's the vote on Conspiracy. What about here?
Umbrage wrote:I threw out that bit about xtoxm because I wanted to see who would either attack him, or come to his aid. Snake did the latter. Same basic principle with the vote on you.
Here, you imply that the bait is bringing up xtoxm. Can't even keep your story straight.
Umbrage wrote:If you think a bandwagon is the best way to get out of RVS, then why not vote ConSpiracy with me? Even if you think he's town, it doesn't matter. It's just a wagon, and it gets us out of RVS. Unless you think that your page 2 reads are going to hold for the rest of the game, I see no reason why you wouldn't want to bandwagon him. It'd be a hell of a lot easier than wagoning me. But you weren't interested in a wagon to leave RVS, you wanted a wagon that would grow, and maybe turn into a lynch. And that is scummy.
It's less scummy to join a bandwagon on someone I don't have a scumread on, than it is to pressure you after you've made a questionable post, and then push a wagon on you when I do have a scumread on you? Also, it's hard to wagon you, yet I want a wagon that would grow to a lynch? How does this make any sense?

Oh, and please do explain how I defended xtoxm. He has said absolutely nothing, so I don't know how I would ever have any read on him, and I've said as much when I say I have a total null read on him.
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Abelcain »

Umbrage wrote:CS said he was trying to get reactions, he could gain as town from the wagon. I don't see how a town Snake could benefit from wagoning me.
Really? What, exactly, could ConSpiracy gain that Snake couldn't?

Umbrage wrote:Oh I see, sarcasm. Haha. Sadly, it falls flat because I did not have a wagon on me, I had a collection of random votes. A bandwagon needs people pushing it. I was pushing CS. If Snake really wanted a bandwagon that would get us out of RVS, he could've pushed with me.
Okay, let's analyze these wagons, as of the vote count at the top of page two, which was the votings situation before Snake voted for you:
Page 2 vote count wrote:Umbrage - 2 (iamausername, ConSpiracy)
ConSpiracy - 3 (Vordark, DarthYoshi, Umbrage)
iamausername wrote:VOTE: Umbrage

Nobody hates Harry Potter. Lynch all liars.
Clearly part of RVS.
ConSpiracy wrote:UNVOTE: Xtoxm
VOTE: Umbrage
So Umbrage, thoughts on people?
ConSpiracy has already said he was pushing a wagon with this vote. You've already acknowledged that it made sense that this was a wagon push, so it's not a "random vote."
Vordark wrote:
Vote: ConSpiracy
for being 1st.
Again, clearly RVS.
DarthYoshi wrote:@ConSpiracy: Voting a player who already has two RVS votes on them, but without giving a reason for the vote (RVS or otherwise)? Sketch.
Unvote. Vote: ConSpiracy.
A legitimate vote, but not in any way considered to be "pushing a wagon."
Umbrage wrote:VOTE: ConSpiracy

You singled me out for a reason, but why would you ask for my thoughts when I said I find RVS meaningless?
And this was you, and you've later admitted you were pushing a wagon as well.

To clarify my comment on the Darth vote, Darth was literally only the second vote on ConSpiracy, and with seven to lynch (especially with the first vote on ConSpiracy being RVS) there's no way Darth's one serious vote was trying to push a wagon just to leave RVS.

So... why exactly is the wagon you were pushing on ConSpiracy to get out of RVS more legitimate than the wagon ConSpiracy was pushing on you?

Umbrage wrote: But no, he seemed to think CS was town, after only a few posts. Why? He didn't know why CS asked that question to me. He could've found out why by pushing with me. But he didn't.
Snake Eyes wrote:I genuinely think it's scummy that you're paranoid of ulterior motives when someone asks you a fairly innocuous question, yes.
Innocuous means harmless. Snake clearly didn't think that there was any sort of problem with the question ConSpiracy asked you. Why would he push to find out the reasoning behind it? I admit, even I thought it looked like ConSpiracy was just trying to spark conversation. You're the one making a huge deal about his reasoning.
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:56 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Umbrage wrote:
CS wrote:Care to explain the bait-thing?
I threw out that bit about xtoxm because I wanted to see who would either attack him, or come to his aid. Snake did the latter. Same basic principle with the vote on you.
That is not the context you said it in. This is what you said:
Umbrage wrote:3) Nice strawman, but if you look back, you'll see I find you scummy because of how you've pushed a bandwagon. When I voted ConSpiracy, I made sure to let everyone know it was a serious vote. I was setting myself up as bait, and you bit. If you think a bandwagon is the best way to get out of RVS, then why not vote ConSpiracy with me? Even if you think he's town, it doesn't matter. It's just a wagon, and it gets us out of RVS. Unless you think that your page 2 reads are going to hold for the rest of the game, I see no reason why you wouldn't want to bandwagon him. It'd be a hell of a lot easier than wagoning me. But you weren't interested in a wagon to leave RVS, you wanted a wagon that would grow, and maybe turn into a lynch. And that is scummy.
Care to explain the right thing now?
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Krazy »

Well, I'm going to have to eat my words in saying Ythan posts a lot...

mod: prod Ythan?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Krazy »

Oh wait, nevermind, it's 72 hours this game not 48, my bad.
vote conspiracy
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Vordark »

Catching up on the thread. Moving IRL and it
sucks
. Here's the stream of consciousness as I read.

13 - From iamusername. Something about this vote bugs me. RVS of someone with a vote already on them seems strange.

14 - Krazy's call for "policy lynch", to which I can only respond "Huh?".

16 - This is obviously trying to get a bandwagon going on the most viable person. It's a null tell for me on page one, but at least it gets people talking.

17 - I don't like DarthYoshi's vote at all here. There's nothing inherently "sketch" about ConSpiracy's vote in #16. You might not find scum on page one, but getting people talking sooner rather than later is always a good thing.

19 - OMGUS vote from Umbrage.

21 - From Ablecain. The first part of this post seems pro-town to me.

24 - Yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion man.

26 - Umbrage defends his OMGUS vote, then uses a lot of words to put suspicion on Xtoxm for going with RQS.

30 - Hmmm...

32 - I like this post and vote.

33 - ConSpiracy highlights the issue in #26. This post seems pro-town to me.

34 - Snake Eyes noting he finds Xtoxm's lack of real discussion strange. It's only post #34 which seems a bit early to me to point out activity patterns as tells of any kind.

35 - Umbrage again. Don't agree with most of this. Not actively moving to get us out of RVS might not be a scum tell, but people doing so are more pro-town. The last paragraph of this post seems strange to me.

36 - From Abelcain. I like most of this post. I don't like the reasoning of "saying something outrageous and making it sound serious" in order to "get a reaction". That seems like an easy way to backpedal on something you've been called on.

39 - Another OMGUS vote from Umbrage.

41 - I like very little of Umbrage's post here. The first part is trying to flip a fair question, the second continues to focus on ConSpiracy, etc.

42 - I agree with Snake Eyes here.

43, 44 - Krazy certainly doesn't seem to like Ythan.

45 - Great post from Abelcain.

46 - Umbrage continues what I think is turning into a downward spiral.

47 - DarthYoshi post. Why wouldn't we want to move out of RVS and into meaningful discussion? Not seeing a lot of what I'd call "defense" from Snake Eyes. That smells a bit like a chainsaw to me, but eh. I agree with the rest.

48 - Krazy post. To DarthYoshi: "What gave you the impression I don't like Ythan?" Gee, I wonder. The last paragraph is an obvious deflection.

50 - I like all of Snake Eyes's post here.

52 - Umbrage post. "I was setting myself up as bait and you [Snake Eyes] bit." There's a lot of "I'm going to do scummy things so that I can find the scum" reasoning going around. That doesn't seem helpful.

53 - Krazy: "I'm not Ythan's best friend, for sure, but I don't particularly dislike him either." Yes you do.

56 - Very little of Umbrage's post here makes any sense to me.

58 - I like all of Abelcain's post here.

60 - Krazy asking for mod-prod of Ythan. I think either a puppy was kicked or a girlfriend was stolen.

To sum up:

Unvote: ConSpiracy
Vote: Umbrage

Right now I'm leaning town on Snake Eyes and ConSpiracy, neutral on Abelcain given the "act scummy" tactic use. Umbrage seems to be doing a lot of OMGUS voting and a whole lot of flipping out for a relatively painless page one, three-vote, get us out of RVS bandwagon. And the whole act scummy to see who bites thing is just silly. DarthYoshi's jumping on ConSpiracy and then Snake Eyes for "defending" him seems odd as well. And I think Krazy needs to focus on
this
game.

Oh, and knock-knock Ythan, TheBigLebowski and Quaroath. Not a lot of verbiage coming from the three of you.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Vordark »

Grrpsrtrts!

Unvote: ConSpiracy
Vote: Umbrage
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Krazy »

I don't really like Umbrage's 39 either, but people are just ignoring my questions about Ythan. I don't like Xtoxm and Ythan doing nothing, the less they participate the easier it is for them to become free night-kill targets for the scum, or even worse be cruising scum themselves. Even if Umbrage is scum, which I'm still not sure of, he certainly has to have allies. I am not just filled with overpowering rage, Ythan has no relational tells whatsoever and at least Xtoxm was discussed by a few people. I am fine with my vote until Ythan comes back or is replaced.
vote conspiracy
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Vordark »

Krazy wrote:I don't really like Umbrage's 39 either, but people are just ignoring my questions about Ythan. I don't like Xtoxm and Ythan doing nothing, the less they participate the easier it is for them to become free night-kill targets for the scum, or even worse be cruising scum themselves. Even if Umbrage is scum, which I'm still not sure of, he certainly has to have allies. I am not just filled with overpowering rage, Ythan has no relational tells whatsoever and at least Xtoxm was discussed by a few people. I am fine with my vote until Ythan comes back or is replaced.
You have failed to mention either TheBigLebowski or Quaroath. Is there a reason their lack of activity is less worthy of note? TheBigLebowski also posted last before Ythan, yet he was the only one you asked the mod to prod. Can you explain why that is?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Umbrage »

Snake Eyes wrote:Just a slight townie vibe, from his initial questioning of Umbrage.
I pointed out how he could have a scum motive for that question. Why do you feel he had a town motive instead of a scummy one?
Snake Eyes wrote:Which is it? Did you seriously think CS was trying to make you look bad, or were you just saying nonsense to set yourself up as bait?
I wanted to make a serious vote. CS gave me a reason.
Snake Eyes wrote:Here, you imply that the bait is bringing up xtoxm. Can't even keep your story straight.
Umbrage wrote:Same basic principle with the vote on you.
Try reading next time.
Snake Eyes wrote:It's less scummy to join a bandwagon on someone I don't have a scumread on, than it is to pressure you after you've made a questionable post, and then push a wagon on you when I do have a scumread on you? Also, it's hard to wagon you, yet I want a wagon that would grow to a lynch? How does this make any sense?
Oh, so you did find me scummy now? Before you said that it was simply a wagon to get reactions.
AbelCain wrote:Really? What, exactly, could ConSpiracy gain that Snake couldn't?
Well, apparently now Snake wasn't trying to get reactions anyway. Apparently, he found me scummy because of... well, I haven't quite figured that part out yet.
AbelCain wrote:ConSpiracy has already said he was pushing a wagon with this vote. You've already acknowledged that it made sense that this was a wagon push, so it's not a "random vote."
Yes, but that wasn't clear at the time. CS only revealed it was a test later on.
AbelCain wrote:So... why exactly is the wagon you were pushing on ConSpiracy to get out of RVS more legitimate than the wagon ConSpiracy was pushing on you?
CS had two serious votes on him. Even if Snake didn't want to push on him, he hasn't even acknowledged the possibility that CS could be scum. He's too sure of himself.
AbelCain wrote:Snake clearly didn't think that there was any sort of problem with the question ConSpiracy asked you. Why would he push to find out the reasoning behind it? I admit, even I thought it looked like ConSpiracy was just trying to spark conversation. You're the one making a huge deal about his reasoning.
You just made my point for me, Snake never thought there was something up with the question. As it turns out, there was something up with it, CS didn't want my POV on things, he wanted reactions and a bandwagon. So there WAS an ulterior motive! But Snake never even considered that.
ConSpiracy wrote:Care to explain the right thing now?
I voted you to get reactions, and I got a nice big fat one from Snake Eyes.
Vordark wrote:Umbrage seems to be doing a lot of OMGUS voting and a whole lot of flipping out for a relatively painless page one, three-vote, get us out of RVS bandwagon. And the whole act scummy to see who bites thing is just silly.
OH I'M SORRY FOR SCUMHUNTING WHILE YOU'VE BEEN PICKING YOUR NOSE. You clearly don't understand what you are talking about, because the very nature of the gambit I pulled means that I will have to attack the people who attack me. It is only OMGUS if you do not provide reasoning for your votes. I've provided reasoning every step of the way. The only reasoning you've provided is that I'm 'silly'.
Vordark wrote:a relatively painless page one, three-vote, get us out of RVS bandwagon.
NO!!!!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! SNAKE EYES SAID THAT HE FOUND ME SCUMMY!!!!!!!!! I HAVE PROVEN IT WAS NOT A GET-OUT-OF-RVS BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN FUCKING READING THE FUCKING THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to go lie down...
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Krazy »

Wow shit you're right, TBL has made 1 post this whole game?!?!?

And Quaroth has never done anything since RV?

Game full of f'n lurkers.

But yes, I was focused on Ythan because he has 0 content AND no RV, although really TBL's solo vote no content isn't really better at all.
vote conspiracy
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Vordark »

Umbrage wrote:
Vordark wrote:Umbrage seems to be doing a lot of OMGUS voting and a whole lot of flipping out for a relatively painless page one, three-vote, get us out of RVS bandwagon. And the whole act scummy to see who bites thing is just silly.
OH I'M SORRY FOR SCUMHUNTING WHILE YOU'VE BEEN PICKING YOUR NOSE. You clearly don't understand what you are talking about, because the very nature of the gambit I pulled means that I will have to attack the people who attack me. It is only OMGUS if you do not provide reasoning for your votes. I've provided reasoning every step of the way. The only reasoning you've provided is that I'm 'silly'.
Vordark wrote:a relatively painless page one, three-vote, get us out of RVS bandwagon.
NO!!!!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! SNAKE EYES SAID THAT HE FOUND ME SCUMMY!!!!!!!!! I HAVE PROVEN IT WAS NOT A GET-OUT-OF-RVS BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN FUCKING READING THE FUCKING THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to go lie down...
Your insights are fascinating. I can tell because you are using all caps, superfluous exclamation points and swearing. Are you going to settle down and be civilized after your nap?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Umbrage »

Vordark wrote:I'm not going to make a response to Umbrage because if I'm lucky town will just lynch him quickly and nobody will notice I'm not reading anything!
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Vordark »

Umbrage wrote:
Vordark wrote:I'm not going to make a response to Umbrage because if I'm lucky town will just lynch him quickly and nobody will notice I'm not reading anything!
If you wish a different response from me than what you received, you might have better luck by being civil and stating your questions or concerns in a manner consist with rational adults. Now, do you have a point to make or question to ask, or are you just going to continue deflecting by being rude?
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Quaroath »

*placeholder to avoid a prod* will post later, gotta head downtown to the blazer game.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote count 1.2:

Xtoxm - 0
Krazy - 1 (Abelcain)
Umbrage - 4 (iamausername, ConSpiracy, Snake Eyes, Vordark)
Ythan - 1 (Krazy)
ConSpiracy - 1 (DarthYoshi)
TheBigLebowski - 0
Snake Eyes - 1 (Umbrage)
Vordark - 1 (TheBigLebowski)
Quaroath - 0
Abelcain - 0
iamausername - 0
DarthYoshi - 1 (Quaroath)
No lynch - 0
Not voting: Xtoxm, Ythan.

With 12 alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.

Prods: none.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

Krazy wrote:
Ythan wrote:Irrelevant reasons. I hurt his feelings in another game.

Not supposed to talk about ongoing games Ythan. tsk tsk
Then don't bring it up in the first place.

Mod, is it possible that
these
spoilers are often disallowed because they may effectively hide text but
Spoiler:
these
are not because they draw more attention, if anything? They're both called spoiler tags.

Yeah, probably. Rule day/6 has been edited as such.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Ythan »

Krazy wrote:
I'm not Ythan's best friend, for sure, but I don't particularly dislike him either.

As for the RVS, he popped in, answered the RQS, and bolted. No vote. No commentary on anyone else's votes. Absolutely no position to be held accountable for at any point in the rest of the game. Yes, I think that's scummy, in addition to being really uninformative for the town.
We're on page three, and it was even earlier that you started with this shit. Not everyone is on so often.
Krazy wrote:Well, I'm going to have to eat my words in saying Ythan posts a lot...

mod: prod Ythan?
Krazy wrote:Oh wait, nevermind, it's 72 hours this game not 48, my bad.
Really, Krazy, there are plenty of players for you to talk about in this game. You don't need to invest all of your energy on premature prod calls. If you ever thought you had a hope of getting me policy lynched, I'll put it lightly and say you're not doing anything to help it.
Krazy wrote:Wow shit you're right, TBL has made 1 post this whole game?!?!?

And Quaroth has never done anything since RV?

Game full of f'n lurkers.

But yes, I was focused on Ythan because he has 0 content AND no RV, although really TBL's solo vote no content isn't really better at all.
Trying to back out of the rvs tunneling now isn't really going so well either. If you were starting from the point of "Who isn't participating", rather than "What is Ythan doing", it would not have taken you this long.

Return to “Completed Open Games”