Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Newbie 1076: Day Three

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

An innocent man's corpse sits at your feet. You are surrounded by people, on all sides. You don't remember anything. Unintelligible sounds swarm around you: screaming, shouting, accusing, crying, but all you can hear is your confused thoughts scratching at the precipice of your mind, begging for an escape... Where are you? Why are you here? Sounds rattles the thoughts out of your head, and you scream in frustration. The room falls silent, and everyone stares at you and your outburst. It all comes back. The mafia. You have to kill the mafia.

Alive:

Otolia

Glass
Common Man

MrBump
Spikkle

Olinea
Sondanaa

Hoppster (SE)
DarlaBlueEyes

The Dead:

Sakako, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 1.
chkflip, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1.
Silavor (formerly Kagetora), Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2.
DarkFlashlight, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 2.
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 17 times in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Rules: (Blatantly stolen from several sources...)

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded in the form Vote: Player, or else they probably will not be counted. Unvotes are not required to change your vote, but they are helpful.
1a. Fake votes are not allowed. We're playing Mafia, not trying to see who's most easily fooled.
2. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted.
3. Lynches require a majority of votes: (numberoflivingplayers/2) +1, rounded down
4. If there's no majority at deadline, there's no lynch. Deadlines are set at three weeks and extensions will only be given in the most extreme of circumstances.
5. When the hammered vote is cast, all players except for the lynched may talk freely.
6. When you are hammered, you may make a "bah" post. Nothing more.

Prods and Replacements:

1. Prods will be given if you do not post in 72 hours. I do not count weekends in that 72 hours (as a result, deadlines will never fall that close to a weekend).
2. You will be replaced if you either do not respond to a prod, or need to be prodded more than 5 times. You may request for a player to be prodded at any time, but the less you request, the happier your mod is.
3. If you're V/LA, make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, I'd suggest requesting replacement, but that's not required.

Misc.

1. Red, blue, and green are mod colors. Sorry for taking all the good ones...
2. You can talk about the game in the quicktopics given to you via PM. Otherwise, please refrain from talking about this game outside of the thread.
3. No editing, deleting, using invisible texts, etc...
4. Don't quote or talk about any mod-recieved PMs. Your flavor is for you to enjoy and you only until the end of the game.
5. I am human, I make mistakes. Show me them where you see them.
6. Questions > Modkills. If you're about to do something that you're unsure about, then tell me about it.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

name
(a Mafia Goon) and
name
(who is also a Mafia Goon) form the mafia, the one that everyone's trying to kill. Don't feel sorry for yourself, you want them dead just as badly as they want you dead. Do not allow your team to fail.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must
    send me a PM
    with your choice of who to kill.
  • You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

name
(a Mafia Roleblocker) and
name
(a Mafia Goon) form the mafia, the one that everyone's trying to kill. Don't feel sorry for yourself, you want them dead just as badly as they want you dead. Do not allow your team to fail.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must
    send me a PM
    with your choice of who to kill.
  • The Mafia Roleblocker has the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • The Mafia should send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block (usually along with the kill). If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether the roleblock worked or not.
  • The Mafia may communicate privately via QuickTopic up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You're one of the good guys. You remember that you were placed here in order to extinguish the mafia, and nothing else. You have retained all of your intelligence, guile, and dashing good looks, though, so finding and killing the mafia should be a snap for you?
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You're one of the good guys. And unlike almost everyone else around you, you remember things about the mafia. How they dress, how they behave, how they sleep... These things haunted your nightmares for a very long time, and now you have use of them. Unfortunately, you cannot conduct your examinations of a person's character until everyone is sleeping... You will have to hide during the day, and look for the mafia during the night, and pray that they won't find you first.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You're one of the good guys. And you don't remember anything, except that you're strong. Stronger than any of these punks, anyways. You remember that the mafia like showing their cowardly faces at night, and you remember that they won't want to mess around with you or whoever you hang out with during the night. They won't be afraid to stab you in the back, though...
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Votecount 1-1:

DarkFlashlight (0) -
Otolia (0) -
Common Man (0) -
Spikkle (0) -
Kagetora (0 )-
Sondanaa (0) -
Sakako (0) -
DarlaBlueEyes (0) -
chkflip (0) -
Not Voting (9): DarkFlashlight, Otolia, Common Man , Spikkle, Kagetora, Sondanaa, Sakako, DarlaBlueEyes, chkflip

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It takes a little while, but soon six of you have risen and began to walk around the small space you have available, relearning use of your legs and arms. A voice crackles over the loudspeaker, reminding you that your main objective is to kill the mafia, that there are two of them to find, and it will take five of you to condemn a man to death. You glance at the people lying at the floor, then you glance at each other. It's time to begin.

Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Sakako »

Damn. Why do I always find myself in these situations? The mafia seem to be running rampant around these parts.

Good to meet you all.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Otolia »

Creepy avatar is a good way to get lynched. And what if I vote to lynch you Sakako ?
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Sakako »

Do it, I dare ya. ;)

But seriously, random voting is always lots of fun.

Vote: Common Man
, because they haven't confirmed yet.
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie
Location: At the one place next to that one thing with thous people around it doing that thing everyday.

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Common Man »

Hey D: i wasn't sure how i confirm, so i was just waiting for day to begin to talk. Nice to meet you two
"
"Common Sense"
is not so common actually.
I've met many men and women who
barely had enough sense to pay for a piece of gum.
The few that do have it are the ones who make something great of their lifes.
So i take it as a great complement to be called a
"Common Man"
"
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Sakako »

Okay then, hi there! ^_^

Sondanaa, you're next on the list.
Vote: Sondanaa
Kagetora
Kagetora
Townie
Kagetora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Kagetora »

To be honest I'd much rather risk our mislynch tomorrow when we have more information, and giving the lead to a confirmed innocent rather than just "vote this person because they're not here yet."
Ratio of Day 1 Mislynches: 1/1
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie
Location: At the one place next to that one thing with thous people around it doing that thing everyday.

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Common Man »

Can you guys quickly explain what exactly a "mislynch" is? I heard people say it but everyone says something diffrent.
"
"Common Sense"
"Common Man"
"
Kagetora
Kagetora
Townie
Kagetora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Kagetora »

Lynching a townie/town PR
Spikkle
Spikkle
Townie
Spikkle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Spikkle »

Just getting in here and saying 'Ohai' during my last few waking hours; one bonus-fun fact you should know about me is that I live in the UK so I'm likely to wake up again in about 9 hours time and FUUU at the number of posts I've missed.

So yes, it's nice to finally commence with the posting up and the meeting everyone and the voting, *glavin.*
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Common Man »

Well i dont think you missed that much, we're still on the first page.
"
"Common Sense"
"Common Man"
"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by chkflip »

Coming in fashionably late is your IC for Newbie 1076, here for all your mafia infotainment needs. Like this one for example:
Common Man wrote:Can you guys quickly explain what exactly a "mislynch" is? I heard people say it but everyone says something diffrent.
Mislynch is the mafia term for having falsely lynched a townie. It's called that because we're here, as a town, to lynch the two mafia members trying to kill us off one at a time during the night phases of the game.

Quick tips:
Pay attention to everything, don't be afraid to ask questions, and be ready to come under fire even as a townie - we'll all have moments we'll have to explain for one reason or the other.

Sakako and DarlaBlueEyes are the SE's. All that really means is that they've played a couple games onsite. I've actually played in a few games with DBE - you know what
that
means...

Vote: DarlaBlueEyes

Sakako's avatar kind of frightens me, tbh. <.<
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Common Man »

ummm i dont know what DBE means D: sorry
"
"Common Sense"
"Common Man"
"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

Don't be sorry. It's commonplace (for me, at least) for players to make acronyms out of other player's screen names. DBE would be DarlaBlueEyes. You'd most likely be CM. Sometimes people only use part of the name. e.g. people often call me chk or flip more than chkflip. I don't mind any of the three.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Kagetora
Kagetora
Townie
Kagetora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Kagetora »

Some people have more than just a few nicknames. I've been called Kagetora, Kage, Tora, Kag, Keg, Category, Kaget, Kategora, Kegatora, and really just about all possible misspellings of the real thing. Really as long as it has a "K" at the beginning I'll recognize and respond to it.
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Common Man »

oh ok now it all makes sense, now its time to get serious!
"
"Common Sense"
"Common Man"
"
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Sakako »

Okay, well, would you like me to change my avatar? I don't exactly have pink hair anymore, chk. :p
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Here be DBE. I got by DBE or Darla, and yes I am a
female
if it wasn't obvious, so I'll get that cleared up first post. It often happens that people assume all MS members are male...ide.

Don't ask me.

On the case of all these random votes...I'd have to lay mine down somewhere around...
vote: Otalia

Cos I don't like your avi. :P
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Common Man »

Well i used a long and hard complicated tree diagrame based on a flip of a coin (this was done intill someone had a total or 3 points) to decide who i shall vote for. In the end, my name was picked . . . so i did it again and i got Spikkle :D soooooo

vote: Spikkle
"
"Common Sense"
"Common Man"
"
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by DarkFlashlight »

I'm here, and I dislike slow, comfortable starts.

Voting unconfirmeds is lolwut. Obviously I know you weren't really trying to get them killed, but the two choices are either that the Mafia already confirmed, or weren't talking in their meeting in their probationary period, which is a plus. If they never get a chance to communicate, then it's pretty funny.

If you're actually worried about unconfirmed people, wait for replacements. Everyone ever would replace into a >1 full page game, and then we can play functionally. It's not like they were too shy to come in and post, so your voting was forcing them to. If they were too careful to say something that they might regret, they could still confirm via PM.

As for nicknames, you can call me Darkie, Dark, or DFL. My only suggestion is that if you write out my full username, don't capitalize the 'L' in 'flashlight'. I won't be angry or anything, it just looks like you don't know that flashlight is a word.

Vote: Common Man

I don't want him to be too relaxed after Sakako unvoted him.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

bump

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”