Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Otolia »

This game is making my brain melt. I don't have fun in LyLo which is normally the funniest moment of the game. I am depressed.

@Glass : I don't know what you are talking about. Note that I don't have the PM anymore and I can't contact Grey. If I remember well, I asked him to do a last post in the topic.

@Hoppster : I don't know what you suppose I know. I guess you had a smart idea and you feel suddenly like the king of the world. I just said I don't like you. I feel I am still allowed to do that.

@Mr. Bump : I dare say I feel things more than anything else.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Hoppster »

Otolia wrote:@Hoppster : I don't know what you suppose I know. I guess you had a smart idea and you feel suddenly like the king of the world. I just said I don't like you. I feel I am still allowed to do that.

I wouldn't say smart. You are allowed to not like me, but I'd rather you cut out the in-game hate insults.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Hoppster »

Hoppster wrote:It's also semi-[REDACTED]. Not the whole basis of the rant, but a major part of it. I'm going to have to check with Nacho post-game whether I'd be able to quote something.

Just checked with Nacho, and I will be unable to. That's
all
I will say on the matter.

My rant is just not the same without it though, so you're all probably going to be getting a very toned-down rant (more like a polite letter of complaint, now). :roll:
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Otolia »

Hoppster wrote:
Otolia wrote:@Hoppster : I don't know what you suppose I know. I guess you had a smart idea and you feel suddenly like the king of the world. I just said I don't like you. I feel I am still allowed to do that.

I wouldn't say smart. You are allowed to not like me, but I'd rather you cut out the in-game hate insults.

I did stop, hence the [censored]. So why are you bringing that topic on the table ? What you are doing here is laughable, I am perfectly able to take criticism (whether constructive or not) but you are definitely trying to instrumentalize what I said in order to gain a game advantage. And it is really itching me to smack you down (Is that also insulting ?) for being a coward and saying you will do this and that. Why don't you do it now if you are so concern with it ? Or that's right, Nacho forbid it ... how convenient.

Otherwise you can also PM me (if you are a man - yes, I am taunting you. But that's also insulting because you could be a woman ...) or write in the 62, I'm sure there will be people to back you up there.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:55 am

Post by MrBump »

Glass wrote:semi-related:
Bump, you were also watching newbie 1077 while it was going on (I was too, I just didn't comment at the end of it) and you posted this:
bump wrote:
That being said, I would have hammered Akira in Memento's position. Anyway, that was the most intense game I've ever seen!

Why did you think that akira was scum? (If you don't remember then just say so)
(trust me this is related)

I will post more later when I go look through more meta.

Mr Orange was so God damned Town, and his gambit was just too unrealistic for town to pull off. To be fair, I only read the start of D1 and from D3, as my friend Memento was in that game.

Otolia, even if you don't have the PM any more (why you would delete such an important message is beyond me), it was posted
TWO PAGES AGO
, so how could you possibly NOT know it?

Hoppster, out of interest, will you tell us what you would've quoted (minus the quote) or is that off-limits too?

P-Edit: Censoring hardly means anything. It's obvious you're saying something insulting through the "censor", so it's not like it's all fine and dandy then. And also, PMing is against the rules and all that jazz.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Otolia wrote:
Hoppster wrote:

I did stop, hence the [censored]. So why are you bringing that topic on the table ? What you are doing here is laughable, I am perfectly able to take criticism (whether constructive or not) but you are definitely trying to instrumentalize what I said in order to gain a game advantage. And it is really itching me to smack you down (Is that also insulting ?) for being a coward and saying you will do this and that. Why don't you do it now if you are so concern with it ? Or that's right, Nacho forbid it ... how convenient.

Otherwise you can also PM me
(if you are a man - yes, I am taunting you. But that's also insulting because you could be a woman ...) or write in the 62, I'm sure there will be people to back you up there.

No, he can't.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Hoppster »

Otolia wrote:I did stop, hence the [censored]. So why are you bringing that topic on the table ? What you are doing here is laughable, I am perfectly able to take criticism (whether constructive or not) but you are definitely trying to instrumentalize what I said in order to gain a game advantage. And it is really itching me to smack you down (Is that also insulting ?) for being a coward and saying you will do this and that. Why don't you do it now if you are so concern with it ? Or that's right, Nacho forbid it ... how convenient.

Otherwise you can also PM me (if you are a man - yes, I am taunting you. But that's also insulting because you could be a woman ...) or write in the 62, I'm sure there will be people to back you up there.

Spoiler: All I will say
Deliberately somewhat cryptic:
you're a fucking
hypocrite
on your fucking moral high-horse

You probably will not get this if you're not Otolia. This does not refer to the quoted post in any way; yes it is a response, but I'm not talking about hypocrisy/high-horses in
that
paticular post.

There we go. I will not elaborate on this.

MrBump, I would have quoted the aforementioned hypocrisy (see spoiler for rough idea [no actual quote there though]) which I personally think is the worst hypocrisy I have ever seen (morally).

I will probably be lurking this thread now unless Glass/MrBump/possibly Olinea (probably not Otolia) have something for me to answer to, or something new occurs to me. There's not much for me to do tbh, I've already shown how Otolia and Olinea are scum.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Glass »

WELCOME TO NEWBIE 1076, where everyone but Glass knows who scum is and instead of making any cases we all just call each other idiots and hope that Glass hammers correctly!
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 11:05 am

Post by MrBump »

ProTip: Otolia is scum.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Otolia »

@Nacho : I meant PM POST-GAME, which is perfectly acceptable. After all, Hoppster planned his rant for the post-game. So if we wanted me to apologize for anything, a PM would be the perfect solution.

@Hoppster : You know you love me. Don't be afraid of saying it loud. I am who I am, though I wouldn't say hypocrite. I have definitely my very own moral concepts and I quite harshly defend them (maybe too much :p) I am a trolling whore, whenever I can, I go and put some oil on the fire. I am hated for that IRL.

@Bump : Do you wonder why there are those *bip* sounds on the radio each time there is the word f**k ? I am doing exactly the same. The world isn't nice, nor am I. I am doing something socially acceptable, I can't do anything else for you if you don't want to accept.

Glass wrote:WELCOME TO NEWBIE 1076, where everyone but Glass knows who scum is and instead of making any cases we all just call each other idiots and hope that Glass hammers correctly!

Come on, Glass, you can do it. Though it's more a war between me and Hoppster on a topic that should have been either closed days ago. If you hammer/vote me now, I would accept that as being totally OK and I will humbly take my title of worst VT of the game. I will bear every responsibility for that.

PS : However, Hoppster, if you feel my behavior doesn't have its place in Newbie games, you can still refer to VRK.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Hoppster »

I shouldn't rage-post. :/

Nacho, I suppose you should proably edit out that penultimate paragraph (starting 'MrBump')?

*sigh*

Glass, what makes you doubt Otolia is scum?

P-Edit: Okay, Otolia, why couldn't you be so reasonable all game? >>

It's fine, Mafia can get quite heated, but I'm just in a foul mood today in particular.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Glass »

Lots of things hopp.
Question: Why did you vote me when you were L-1? I can't find the exact spot atm, but I can go look back.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Glass »

Oli, who do you think is scum? Hopp-bump or Hopp-oli?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Glass »

lol. I meant hopp-oto obviously
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Olinea »

Glass wrote:Oli, who do you think is scum? Hopp-bump or Hopp-oli?

Urk. Flip-flopping on this one. If you gave me a daykill and told me to immediately shoot one of the two, I'd ask to borrow a coin. I've been trying to get in a DBE/Hoppster reread but it's Dead Week here and I've been trying to limit my time on MS in preparation for exams. Bump meta vs. Otolia's PM? It's a big clincher, to be honest. I'd rather focus on getting Hoppster out of the way... I would think that, given your confTown status, today's your last day to help us, and I've got one right here but I need to get up a case to convince you (or Bump, if Otolia's bussing). I need to make time tomorrow for this.

MrBump wrote:ProTip: Otolia is scum.

Where's your vote, then?
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by MrBump »

I would vote, but like I said I'm not 100% sure you're Town, and you're the only person that could then hammer after I voted.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Glass »

Tonight I shall dine in hell!
Goodluck tomorrow town.
VOTE: Hoppster
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cool.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:28 am

Post by MrBump »

And so there was a hammer.

By God Glass I hope you're right...
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Olinea »

Well, that saves me the trouble of purging the Hoppster ISO.

IT HAD PICTURES, TOO
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:44 am

Post by MrBump »

Can we see the pictures anyway?

I keep coming past this thread hoping to see the "Locked" sign xD
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Hoppster »

Don't worry. I could screw with your heads but I don't have it in me today. I'm scum. :(

ONLY KIDDING YOU JUST HAMMERED TOWN BLARGH RAGH
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Olinea »

BEHOLD

OLINEA'S AMAZING INCOMPLETE ISO OF DBE

(credit to Allie Brosh for the pictures... 5 points to anyone who knows where they're from)

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Also the whole thing of 'and SE is probably scum' is bullshit and pure WIFOM. I get the idea of it, I've even thought it was good strategy until I was in 3 games with two noob scum. And you're also conveniently excluding yourself from that, when you're the IC, are you not? That is a null tell, as this is purely a random set up, as often expressed by every mod who is asked, and your use of that sort of play-logic as the IC concerns me. It's not that you believe it but that you pointedly expressed something that we both know is nulltell. ESPECIALLY when all the noobies are going to look to you for guidance for how to play and understand this game. IGMEOY.

Alright, this one took a bit of investigating, but it was of importance. Here we’ve got Darla attacking chkflip for saying that the SEs are usually scum or something. So I wanted to know where he said anything of the sort and purged his ISO. It was a short read, since this was made on Page 2, and – lo and behold – chkflip never makes a statement of the sort. His first post outlines that Darla/Sakako are the SEs, and that he’s played with Darla before, and proceeds to vote for her, but
he doesn’t ever make this specific claim

chkflip wrote:Sakako and DarlaBlueEyes are the SE's. All that really means is that they've played a couple games onsite. I've actually played in a few games with DBE - you know what
that
means...

Vote: DarlaBlueEyes

RVSing DBE based because they’ve played together = “The SEs are likely to be scum”? This seemed like an
extremely
forced attack on chkflip for something that he didn’t even do. It also reeks of paranoia, and looks to be the tiniest excuse to take a bite out of the IC.

So stuff happens, and Common Man pulls his self-vote to L-1 schtick. Darla’s take on Common Man:

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I really do not like CM, and agree with Oli saying it was a bad bad appeal to emotion.
Seems to me like noob scum who got caught, got upset, and didn't have the experience to know how to handle it clamly
. He may have hoped a self vote would make him look less scummy, when it made him look more to me, and as for the L-1 thing I reckon he didn't know that he was making the 4th vote.

In the very next post…

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:CM - being defeatist, while sometimes it seems the only option when you're on the chopping block, is not going to do you or anyone else any good. If you can't explain yourself any better, then start scum hunting.

By the last of your post are you saying you don't think there is already scum on your wagon? Who do you think could be scum so far?

… Darla addresses Common Man like a townie. She encourages him to give reads and scumhunt – would you ask someone who you thought was scum to do that? Hell if I would.

I want more pictures in this ISO, so here you go.

Anyways,

DBE vs. chkflip: Round II

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:CM has played scummy, he doesn't get to 'get out of jail free' because he might be nooby, or the fact that he's played the emotionally distressed card either. If he can't handle being pressured for scummy behavior then he probably shouldn't be playing this game, because it's going to happen. What I find very interesting is your defense of him, and almost certainty he is town. I'd wager he's scum, and you're his buddy and you're refusing to let him be our D1 lynch by trying to paint me bad for voting against scummy actions, OR you're scum and he's town and you know his alignment so you can defend him without cause for worry.

Alright, so here we have DBE attacking chkflip for thinking Common Man is Town. In all cases Darla seems to be thinking Scumchk instead of Townchk who has a Town read. It’s only presenting one side of the coin, confirmation bias,
whatever
you want to call it.
GreyICE:
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 am

Post by MrBump »

Hoppster's scum?

...I should've hammered long ago.

Olinea/Hoppster is most likely now. I feel like an idiot over Otolia now, and it is worth noting Olinea posted his ridiculously short ISO (no offence, I made a short one on Otolia too :P) after Hoppster claimed scum, as if it was a poor attempt to gain TownPoints. More likely, it was an answer to my request to see amazing pictures.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Glass »

Mafia should kill oto so that we can have an awesome three-way.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”