Snow_Bunny [1]
- AurorusVox
Chronopie [1]
- chesskid3
MagnaofIllusion [1]
- quadz08

Not voting [3]
- Baby Spice, Plum, Gemini

With 20 alive, it is 11 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011, 9:00PM PST.

Chronopie is La until 4/22.
Plum is V/LA until..?
AurorusVox is V/LA 4/23-25.

gandalf5166 wrote:Mod: Were scum decided according to their surveys? Or were scum randomly decided, and then specific roles determined by the survey? Also, are we allowed to claim our answers to the survey?
We won't say exactly how the scum were chosen, but the surveys were
not
pointless.
This is us telling you not to claim survey answers.

CryMeARiver needs to Unvote before Re-Voting.
dana, why exactly do you require Unvotes?

quadz08 needs to Unvote as well.
Plum wrote:No Nike? She was the best :(
She makes good shoes too.
DeathNote is very happy with his role. :P
And you /confirm that-a-way. :up:
Last edited by Charon on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Plum »

No Nike? She was the best :(
CryMeARiver wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:VOTE: Plum

Inevitably scum.
Inevitable means we don't have to talk during the day about it.

Just vote and move on :D
VOTE: CMAR Just because I can. Also because in context this was weird and potentially scummy. Also I've got no clue why you decided to vote Gemini over the others you mentioned in your following posts
and
you weak-defended SD.

Actually? Oh yeah.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
SD wrote:I take Magna as confirmed town, based on his claim.
This is what I call a Plum-tell … specifically from Andy’s last Mini Game LOTR.

1. Pick out a stronger player not on your scum-team you know is Town.
2. Find some flimsy excuse to call them obv-Town or confirmed.
3. ?????
4. Profit

Except the ???? is you getting lynched for botched buddy-up.

Plum pulled this exact move with a Fate-hydra in LOTR and eventually got lynched for it.
OhwowI'msofamous. I'm going to have to agree with you that, when applied correctly, this sort of buddying can be a concrete scumtell. So it's good he's been offed (???).
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

yeah no he's not dead >_>

but I want people comitting to minor wagons today as well

hard to get d1 reads with obvscum
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Snow_bunny is on the votecount twice

Fixed. - Andy
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Ummmmmm, alright.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shadow Dancer

Also, chess reads as town to me.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

chesskid3 wrote:
Snow_bunny is on the votecount twice
You forgot that I'm just cool as that.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

quadz08 wrote:Also, chess reads as town to me.
noooooooo, realyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by Gemini »

SD: Is anyone who votes for you (except for Magna) inevitably scum?
CMaR: Why do you think SD is town? I agree that the Norse thing is reaching, but what about his reaction to Chess and Ranger?

SD's response to Ranger in particular irks me:
Shadow Dancer wrote:Seems like you desperately need to graso at straws.
There's really no desperation of grasping going on; this reads like an overly-defensive comment.

I'm going to let Katy address answers to/comments on her questions.

FoS: SD
(Vote will be here if Katy agrees.)

-mjaye
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Vote SD

Lets start with the person who raises the wrong mythology.

Struggling with poor connection
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

CryMeARiver wrote:
diddin wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Also no asking MoI to nameclaim is not rolefishing
if he's faking I want his ass locked to a claim
He pretty much claimed he has more powers. Him rolenameclaiming would give you a guess at what those powers could be, hence, rolefishing.
False.
"
S
cumslip" (allofusgodsdamnit!!!!) implies that I was scum.

"Reaching" implies Ranger was scum.

"Townfight" implies we're both town.

OK, it's not entirely
all
over the place. Threre's missing a "bussing" or "distancing"...
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

I don't necessarily think SD is town, but I haven't found him to be glaringly scummy though I dislike one of his posts. I think the "scumslip" is sort of ridiculous, maybe because I don't really understand it. I think him calling MoI town is understandable and a nulltell, as I did the same thing and had the same thought when I read MoI's claim so I'm not going to call SD scum for something when I thought/did the same thing.
SD wrote:That's really bad WIFOM. Sacraficing a scum member right away to maybe gain some slight influence on some easily impressed townie is hardly an advantageous tactic for scum. Not convincing. And how it's "scummy at worst" needs some elaboration. Seems like you desperately need to graso at straws.

Unvote. Vote Ranger
Don't like this post thought. More after school!
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:09 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Gemini wrote:SD: Is anyone who votes for you (except for Magna) inevitably scum?
Given hoiw much every one is just cheap waggon hopping and not caring to aply any logic to it it's reasonable to aply an increased probability to be scum on them.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:11 am

Post by AurorusVox »

SD, he's
already
explained the logic behind his scumslip --> reaching --> townfight.

He said that he DIDN'T think you scumslipped, that OTHER PEOPLE are reaching, and THAT is why he sees it as a townfight. You're picking out random words from his post and claiming it as an inconsistency. That's pure bullshit.

Vote: ShadowDancer

---

@Chess I can think of another hated god but I'm not sure how far we're getting if we supply MoI with names before he's had a chance to claim it. Why exactly someone's already offered another name, I fail to understand.

---

@Snow_Bunny; do you think RVS votes in general are useful? Why wouldn't you want to do something useful (read: protown) at the start of a game?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:11 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Baby Spice wrote:
Vote SD

Just for all your info: I won't comment on this any more. There's nothing to add. It's just way too stupid.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:41 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

LC’s reaction to Gemini’s question and SnowBunny’s vote is Town.

--
Chess wrote:I want a nameclaim
To quote the Princess Bride – “Get used to disappointment”.

There is no Pro-Town reason for me to claim any more than I already have. Town has all the information they need to avoid mistakes while scum has no extra information.

BTW, I put this up top so you wouldn’t have to complain about reading.

--
Plum wrote:OhwowI'msofamous. I'm going to have to agree with you that, when applied correctly, this sort of buddying can be a concrete scumtell. So it's good he's been offed (???).
Are you seriously telling me that you bought Chess’s ‘Tarp’ as real?

--
SD wrote:You know what a figuratiive meaning or a metaphor is, Magna, right? It's not the exact literal meaning. Of course this is not Ragnarök. But there will be a great many of dead deities at the end of this.
Of course I do. Please don’t presume that you are much smarter than everyone else in the room because you aren’t.

The “Wrong Pantheon” angle was simply a way to kick off pressure on you. Anyone who sited that (and I will mention one specific person later in this post) as a good reason for a vote is scummy also.

Why my vote is a good vote has everything to do with the Plum-tell which you completely avoided in this initial response. Also you've begun a series of nitpicky attacks (going after Ranger for being 'mysterious', attacking CMAR on what is cleary a typo) as opposed to honestly scum-hunting.
SD wrote:That's really bad WIFOM. Sacraficing a scum member right away to maybe gain some slight influence on some easily impressed townie is hardly an advantageous tactic for scum. Not convincing.
You need to clarify what you are saying here. Who is the scum member being sacrificed and who are the easily impressed Townies?
SD wrote:Did you really just say cumslip O_o?!!?!? Twice!?

Anyway interesting how you come go all the way from "cumslip" via "reaching for" to "townfight"? Seems all over the place.
1. What scum-hunting purpose is there in pointing out a funny but otherwise innocuous typos in his post?
2. He’s pointed out that his statement makes clear sense and I overall agree. He’s calling “Wrong Pantheon” slip not a slip (it isn’t so he’s correct), says anyone pressing you on that issue is ‘reaching’, and that your interaction with Ranger is a Town on Town (this is the one aspect I don’t like as labelling an argument Town v Town so early is pulling a Zang). It is hardly all over the place.

--
Gemini-Katy wrote:Also, one more thing and then I will probably leave you alone - do you have any prior experience that makes you think this is a scum tell?
You specifically asked this of LC but I am going to give you some insight. I personally have seen scum on multiple occasions specifically avoid voting any player in RVS. Two examples are IdiotKing in Prison Mafia and Tclaw in Magua’s recently ended Donner Party Part 2 Open game. Neither had an established history of making those kinds of votes. This is why I investigated SnowBunny’s history.

--
CMAR wrote:I don't think that the him calling MoI town is necessarily scummy as I happened to do the same thing right up there ^ However I considered the possibility of him being scum, I just say that we need to consider him town so I guess there is a small difference.
You’ve more or less hit the nail on the head but I want to clarify why I find SD’s statement scummy. Everyone else is exercising some level of scepticism even if they find it is a Pro-Town move. Shadow has none of that in his post – he calls me Confirmed, which is stronger language than logically should have been employed.

--
Quadz wrote:If chess really has a daykill, I might smack the mods.
Why? You are voting Shadow so you think he’s scummy. Chesskid fake-killed said scummy player. I don’t see why the daykill (which was obv-fake BTW) would be problematic in Chess’s hands under this set of circumstances.

--
Baby wrote:Vote SD

If we decide not to lynch ShadowDancer here is where my vote is immediately moving.

1. Lack of content in post when there is already plenty to discuss? Check.
2. Horrible bandwagon vote for the absolute wrong reason? Check.

FOS – BabySpice

--
AV wrote:@Chess I can think of another hated god but I'm not sure how far we're getting if we supply MoI with names before he's had a chance to claim it. Why exactly someone's already offered another name, I fail to understand.
Let’s discuss some, shall we AV?

I’m not name or full or whatever claiming. The explanation to Chess above is exactly why.

But I want to get into your thought process here. You don’t know why people are supplying me with names? That sounds all nice and Pro-Town on the surface. But looking deeper it’s either bad logic or posturing.

1. We are in a game specifically crafted with Greek Gods and mythological figures as Town.
2. A mass claim would break the game unless the standard counter-measure is used – Mod provided fake claims.

Are you suggesting that scum don’t have Mod provided fake-claims? If you do think they have them and think I was gambitting scum I'd already have a name provided as safe and thus your statement above isn't logical at all.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:43 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Direct all vig shots MoI's direction please.
He's not scum, but he's annoying me so...
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:57 am

Post by LordChronos »

Baby Spice wrote:
Vote SD

Really, really, really bad reason to vote someone.

Especially since that someone has a bandwagon on them.

Unvote; Vote: Baby Spice

Gotta go to calc class, more posting later.
I'm a talking computer.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Axelrod »

Oh yes, I can tell right now that playing with chesskid is going to be a dream come true for me. Declaring people obv. Town/Scum after 1 post. Fake Day-kills. Sunny attitude. This shall indeed be fun.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Axelrod »

On MoI, I imagine he's telling the truth when he says he can get lynched at L-1 because, why would you lie about that? But I don't understand where this has some people declaring him Town, or even suggesting that he be treated as "confirmed" Town. Like, are you under the impression that a scum couldn't have a L-1 restriction on him? Pro-tip: they can.

I'm not holding it against him either. It's pretty much null.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:10 am

Post by chesskid3 »

To be fair, scum with L-1 restriction is rather stupid, because if they make it to 3 person lylo it's an autolose once they crossvote with someone, so it's seen as unfair.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

chesskid3 wrote:To be fair, scum with L-1 restriction is rather stupid, because if they make it to 3 person lylo it's an autolose once they crossvote with someone, so it's seen as unfair.
So it's a way to weaken the scum team a bit... And encuraging sacrificial lamb tactics. Ok... I admit, that this may be a possibility. Still I wouldn't expect Magna scum to claim hi true role/power in that case.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Axelrod »

gandalf5166 wrote:@MOI: No. I DO know that my role is in accord with the answers that I gave, and we could potentially catch unknowledgable scum by making people claim their survey when they claim their role. I don't see any downside other than it would make it harder for town to make gambits.
My role is in accord with the answers I gave. My powers, however, are only loosely related to my name, and basically could have been justified on almost anyone for almost any reason.

If that trend follows, then there might not be a huge amount of risk in "Name" claiming. And it forces the scum to lie or use up whatever fake claims they have been given, which is something. Potential downside is if (1) there are scum roles that get advantaged by knowing someone's role-name (2) possibility that the bigger names have the best powers and also then become high profile targets (3) if all the scum have prefect safe claims, we've not actually accomplished much.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Since town consists of greek grods (or other mythological beings) and scum is supposedly composed of characters from other mythologies and scum cannot know which role names are actual assigned town roles (though there's a pretty wide spectrum to pock from) I would assume that scum has perfectly safe safe-claims and claiing names could or could not give away useful information to either town or scum. I see more risk than use in this state of the game, so I am against name claiming.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Axelrod »

I would not be surprised, and would expect, the Mod to give the scum at least some safe claims. What's more up in the air is whether he'd give them
all
safe claims. Seems like most of the time I see this, the Mod has given the scum 2-3 "safe-claims" and the others end up having to fend for themselves.

If anyone knows the ways these particular mods have handled this issus in the past that might answer the question right there.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”