Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Pine »

What? I thought my vote was on Toon. nhammen vote was pure RVS, Toon is real.

UNVOTE: nhammen
VOTE: Toon
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
SubzeroSith
SubzeroSith
Townie
SubzeroSith
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by SubzeroSith »

Alright since so many people seem to not be getting it, I'll spell it out for all of you.

If Toon wanted to cause a day 1 bandwagon for the purpose of causing a bandwagon, which he implied that he wanted to do with his vote post, then he would clearly want to vote for the player who has the most votes on them. This was Maxous. He instead voted for nhammen. Why would he do this?

I can think of 3 reasons:
1) Toon knows Maxous is scum, and doesn't want a day 1 bandwagon to pile on him. This could potentially lead to Maxous over reacting in a scummy way and leads to increased suspicion, possibly a lynch down the road.
2) Toon knows that nhammen is scum and wants to distance himself from a scum buddy during the RVS, as scum buddies frequently do.
3) Toon either didn't know or didn't care what the current vote count was, and placed a worthless vote without meaning or purpose.

The first 2 would indicate that Toon is scum. The third, while not exactly saying much about his alignment, does theoretically help a scum win condition more than a town win condition.

I'm not saying this is a solid vote that should be carried to the deadline. I'm just saying this is a place to start better than a completely random vote.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I regards to Sub's post, I was actually looking at option number 2 before you posted. nhammen's most recent post came off as scummy for whatever reason. I'll figure out why I didn't like his post soon enough.
The reasoning seems sounds enough for a vote, but if it builds up too quickly I'll get off so Toon can put his word in. I'm interested, but it's still kind of vote madness right now so I'm not going to make a big deal.

Unvote

Vote: Toon
or something like that....
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Amor »

nhammen wrote:Nothing about Thor's case? Yeah, I'm happy with my vote.

It wasn't a case, it was one line without even a vote. I didn't think it was really worth a response. Maxous and I had similar observations, so what?

Anyway, we seem to be out of RVS so it's time for a real vote.

Unvote
Vote Knight of Cydonia

Mostly gut, but I don't like his lack of opinions or trying to pass off reading the thread as gathering information.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

You appear to have failed to notice the fact I was asking a question of SZS and waiting on an answer... but please, feel free to misrep harder in order to justify your vote.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Wraith »

I do not trust nhammen. Not one bit.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 4:58 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

SubzeroSith wrote:@Knight:

SubzeroSith wrote:Toon, why choose the nhammen "wagon"? Maxous already had 2 votes at the time of you voting, as opposed to the 1 on nhamman. If you were really voting for the purpose of wagoning, you'd vote for Maxous. Seems fishy to me. Glad my vote is already on you, saves me the trouble.

Also--

Knight wrote:Because I don't have anything to go on... yet.

Given the unlikelihood of lynching someone on p3 of a large game, why this reluctance? A vote not out is a vote not gathering information, a lack of which is what you're bemoaning here.

Random vote is random. Why are you arguing so much about a simple vote in the RVS stage? Why don't we discuss something more productive?
UNVOTE: VOTE: SubzeroSith
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

SubzeroSith wrote:Alright since so many people seem to not be getting it, I'll spell it out for all of you.

If Toon wanted to cause a day 1 bandwagon for the purpose of causing a bandwagon, which he implied that he wanted to do with his vote post, then he would clearly want to vote for the player who has the most votes on them. This was Maxous. He instead voted for nhammen. Why would he do this?

1) Toon knows Maxous is scum, and doesn't want a day 1 bandwagon to pile on him. This could potentially lead to Maxous over reacting in a scummy way and leads to increased suspicion, possibly a lynch down the road.
2) Toon knows that nhammen is scum and wants to distance himself from a scum buddy during the RVS, as scum buddies frequently do.
3) Toon either didn't know or didn't care what the current vote count was, and placed a worthless vote without meaning or purpose.

The first 2 would indicate that Toon is scum. The third, while not exactly saying much about his alignment, does theoretically help a scum win condition more than a town win condition.

I'm not saying this is a solid vote that should be carried to the deadline. I'm just saying this is a place to start better than a completely random vote.

It was a random vote for the sake of making a random vote. At least we are getting some gameplay out of it. I know nothing about the alignment of either of them. And I didn't notice Maxous already had 2 votes on him when I voted nhammen
~Toon fighter~
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Maxous »

I understand now Subzero. Although scratch option 1 off there =p

nhammen wrote:
Maxous wrote:Heh, interesting point about Amor.

What does interesting mean in this context?

As in he could well be correct.

Pine wrote:What? I thought my vote was on Toon. nhammen vote was pure RVS, Toon is real.

Why do you suspect ToonFighter?
The only reason you gave was a slight gut read :/

Toon Fighter wrote: Why don't we discuss something more productive?

Like what?
You did'nt bring up anything to discuss.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Amor »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:You appear to have failed to notice the fact I was asking a question of SZS and waiting on an answer... but please, feel free to misrep harder in order to justify your vote.

What question was that? The only question you asked was to SZS about his reasons for voting Toon, which he had already posted, and re-quoted to respond. This was all before my posts or what I quoted. I don't really consider getting people to copy and paste what they've already written active scumhunting.

@Toon Fighter: Nice OMGUS.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 7:02 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Back from V/LA and catching up. We appear to be out of RVS, which is not altogether unexpected, but means that I now have to pay double attention to make a real vote :shifty:

Between reading everything in this game and my other game, expect me to have a post up sometime this evening.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:34 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Subzero:

Sorry, if I'm a bit late answering your post on page 1, but better late than never.

GMT -5
Experience: High up on the ladder of SE and Begginer
Activity: More active on weekends than weekdays.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I have no clue what just happened. I'll have to reread this entire thread all at once, I guess. And I prob won't post till Monday morning.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
SubzeroSith
SubzeroSith
Townie
SubzeroSith
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 9:46 am

Post by SubzeroSith »

Wraith wrote:
I do not trust nhammen. Not one bit.

That's nice. Do you have anything productive to say?
Toon wrote:
Random vote is random.

My initial vote was random, but as I've very clearly pointed out, I now have a reason for voting you.
Toon wrote:
Why don't we discuss something more productive?

Alright. I'm trying to scum hunt you. What do you feel is more productive to talk about? You've done
nothing this entire game but discuss RVS votes
, which you apparently find scummy. Therefore, by your own reasoning, your entire play so far this game is scummy.
Toon wrote:
It was a random vote for the sake of making a random vote.

You clearly stated you wanted a bandwagon, though. If you wanted to begin day 1 with a bandwagon, why didn't you take a (very quick) glance to see who had the most votes on them, in order to be most successful with your endeavor? That definitely seems like what town would do. Sure you could have made a random vote for the sake of making a random vote, which would tell us nothing about your alignment. However, it is also possible that you know the alignments of Maxous and nhammen, and voted accordingly.

OMGUS vote noted. Hypocrisy noted. Zero scum hunting accomplished so far noted.

More Toon votes, please.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Uite »

Hi guys! I'm back from my trip and ready to play!
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:22 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Hmm... so atm Subzero is the first one trying to scumhunt this early, and observing this, I can't really say whether Toon is scum or not yet, but Subzero's points are valid and I can actually of agree with him on that reasoning. But I do not like how Toon voted Subzero just for being attacked.

Atm
Vote Toon Fighter

This is a pressure vote.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Nobody Special »

DeityKabuto wrote:This is a pressure vote.

You're doing it wrong. :neutral:
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Wraith »

Nobody Special wrote:

Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

DeityKabuto wrote:Hmm... so atm Subzero is the first one trying to scumhunt this early, and observing this, I can't really say whether Toon is scum or not yet, but Subzero's points are valid and I can actually of agree with him on that reasoning. But I do not like how Toon voted Subzero just for being attacked.

Atm
Vote Toon Fighter

This is a pressure vote.

I voted him because he is attacking me for bs reasons about a RV I made at the beginning of the game
~Toon fighter~
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:59 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Ok, so there's not been a huge amount posted yet, quality-wise (which can only be expected this soon into the game), but here's my thoughts/observations thus far (apologies in advance for the wall):

SubzeroSith wrote:Both heads usually ask a few questions at the start of games for our own personal reference, so we'll do so again here...

What time zone are you in?

What's your experience level? Especially good to know in case of alts and whatnot.

About how active will you be in this game?

1) I fluctuate between Eastern and Central timezones.

2) This will be my...15th game? I think? But my first large normal (I normally stick with newbie games), so it will probably take me a bit to get used to a new style of gameplay.

3) I plan on posting about once a day. Somedays may be more, and some days I may not be able to post at all.

DarthYoshi wrote:PS: Meant to say earlier, congratulations, jmurph. I get my master's degree in a couple of weeks myself. Graduation is pretty sweet.

Thanks! It's a bit strange to realize I actually have a college degree, but at least I'm going to be going to grad school in the fall, so I'm hardly done with school (and thus still avoiding the real world).

I find the toon wagon most interesting at this point. SubzeroSith jumped on something that I initially thought was a small point. However, I like the 3 reasons that he provided, and while I'm still not fully convinced that it's enough to merit a vote against Toon, it's definitely something to keep in mind particularly as interactions continue unfolding. Additionally, Toon's response:

Toon Fighter wrote:
SubzeroSith wrote:Alright since so many people seem to not be getting it, I'll spell it out for all of you.

It was a random vote for the sake of making a random vote. At least we are getting some gameplay out of it. I know nothing about the alignment of either of them. And I didn't notice Maxous already had 2 votes on him when I voted nhammen

is pretty abysmal, and is definitely enough to merit a FoS: Toon.

However, one thing that I really found interesting was Pine's sudden confidence in the Toon wagon. He stated:

Pine wrote:What? I thought my vote was on Toon. nhammen vote was pure RVS, Toon is real.

However, his only thought on Toon came in his second post, where he stated:

Pine wrote:EDT, do your own research on me, and I'm pretty active and vocal.

No real early reads yet, though I'm not a fan of the early sheeping out of Toon.

Ohai Wraith :)

He added later:

Pine wrote:Yeah. In lieu of anything more convincing, I'm sticking with my slight gut lead I had on Toon Fighter. It's not a random vote.

Not only had he not voted, but it was pretty random and hardly strong enough to merit the sudden conviction that Toon deserves a real vote.

In fact, VOTE: Pine.

Also,

Wraith wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:

QFT

Preview edit: @Toon: That doesn't make it any less of an OMGUS.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Pine »

Toon Fighter wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:Hmm... so atm Subzero is the first one trying to scumhunt this early, and observing this, I can't really say whether Toon is scum or not yet, but Subzero's points are valid and I can actually of agree with him on that reasoning. But I do not like how Toon voted Subzero just for being attacked.

Atm
Vote Toon Fighter

This is a pressure vote.

I voted him because he is attacking me for bs reasons about a RV I made at the beginning of the game

No vote is truly random.

Take my vote on nhammen, for example. I chose him because he is one of the few people I've played with before, and last time we were scum together. It wasn't random, it was a bit of an inside joke.

I think you were, perhaps subconsciously, looking to be an early sheep onto a wagon and hopefully ride it out.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Votecount of POWER

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

jmurph3 (0) –
silverbullet999 (0) -
saporovirus (0) -
Wraith (0) -
Amor (1) - nhammen
nhammen (0) –
DeityKabuto (0) -
Pine (3) – Wraith, Maxous, jmurph3
MrZepher (0) -
Surye (0) -
Nobody Special (0) -
Thor665 (1) - saporovirus
Uite (0) -
SubzeroSith (3) – Surye, silverbullet999, Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter (4) – SubzeroSith, Pine, MrZepher, DeityKabuto
Maxous (2) – Thor665, Nobody Special
Knight of Cydonia (1) – Amor

Not Voting (2) –Uite, Knight of Cydonia

Deadline is here.

saporovirus has requested replacement. I’ll be searching for one starting now.

Zepher is Semi – V/LA indefinitely.
Nhammen is V/LA until Wednesday.
Thor will be V/LA from May 19 – May 22.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Nobody Special wrote:I have no clue what just happened. I'll have to reread this entire thread all at once, I guess. And I prob won't post till Monday morning.

I have no idea what just happened either, I'm going to bandwagon like crazy now.

Unvote: Maxous
Vote: Toon Fighter

I'll also add Pine to the list of acceptable lynches (Toon Fighter and Maxous are the others, for those wanting to look towny when placing their votes, Amor is also acceptable, but is a lesser lean and people really need to play up their own case there), Uite better pick up his play or I'm casting him into the scumpile just as punishment for how terrible that last post was. SubZero can be town for a while, and jmurph...maybe...

@jmurph - "OMG, Pine is scum because look how he was against the Toon Fighter wagon but than suddenly jumped on it, OMGLOLWTF!?!"
Why is Pine more scummy than Toon Fighter for this interplay?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Pine »

What? I was never against the Toon wagon. I've been FOR it almost from page 1. I just forgot to actually vote until the mod's votecount reminded me I was still on my RVS vote of nhammen

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
SubzeroSith
SubzeroSith
Townie
SubzeroSith
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by SubzeroSith »

Looney Toons Fighter wrote:I voted him because he is attacking me for bs reasons about a RV I made at the beginning of the game

Thanks for admitting that you're voting me for, you know, actually scumhunting. Even *if* you think my reasons are bad, this is so early in the game, and the game started so slowly, that ya gotta start somewhere, amirite?

Also: what Pine said--no vote is truly random.

@Wraith: When you're not busy making us chuckle with lolz pictures of Captain Picard, could you offer some substance? Why, for instance, are you leery of nhammen? Let's start there.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”