VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

pappums wrote:I have done a lot of arguing to pressure Panacea

I see you arguing nonsense like VT slips. I don't see anything else that you've done.

pappums wrote:have probably brought forth the most reasoning why she is likely scum

no, you haven't. Others have been involved and you've come up afterward to claim credit.

pappums wrote:I never even said I was a "significant mover", I said I shared with Phoebus responsibility for her, meaning we have both done a lot to push this wagon.

Does not compute. You say you never claimed to be a significant pusher of the wagon, but you claim equal responsibility with Phoebus as the people who have pushed it the most. I don't even understand how you wrote that sentence with a straight face.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Juls »

I have found that on other sites. The one that is "joking" the most is usually the scum. What site did you play at again?

No, I am not scum.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Juls »

hiplop, it did work once. I didn't ask it but I led the wagon on it's response. Funny thing was that the scum-buddy asked the question.
Juls
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Beck »

Juls wrote:I have found that on other sites. The one that is "joking" the most is usually the scum. What site did you play at again?

No, I am not scum.

I'm at a red light, I'll find it later or look at the game where I'm dead, p. Sure I posted it there.

You will definitly see I beat my own drum.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Juls »

Ugh! Don't text and drive. Argh!
Juls
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 am

Post by hiplop »

^^ agreed with juls. Overall bad thing to do.
third best scummer of all time
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Beck »

Relax, I only do it at red lights, and it's not very often when I do.

RL > mafia
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:48 am

Post by pappums rat »

VP Baltar wrote:
pappums wrote:I have done a lot of arguing to pressure Panacea

I see you arguing nonsense like VT slips. I don't see anything else that you've done.

pappums wrote:have probably brought forth the most reasoning why she is likely scum

no, you haven't. Others have been involved and you've come up afterward to claim credit.

pappums wrote:I never even said I was a "significant mover", I said I shared with Phoebus responsibility for her, meaning we have both done a lot to push this wagon.

Does not compute. You say you never claimed to be a significant pusher of the wagon, but you claim equal responsibility with Phoebus as the people who have pushed it the most. I don't even understand how you wrote that sentence with a straight face.

1. I was not arguing VT slips, I was arguing that Panacea was trying to allude to her being VT, as in subtly trying to get people to think she is VT.
2. I have been on Panacea since my first post in this game.
Pushing
a wagon and
moving
a wagon are two different things. Pushing = trying to get people on board, moving = actually getting people on board. I have pushed for Panacea, but I have not moved the wagon any.

Also, you said that the Phoebus counter-wagon was serious. Your vote was the first on him, and does not sound all that serious to me:

VP Baltar wrote:
unvote, vote: phoebus

Scum right thar.

Juls, was your vote on Phoebus serious or not?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:49 am

Post by pappums rat »

Beck, what do you think of Panacea?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Beck »

Null read really, I'm more interested in hiplop's reactions thus far.

He has 2 votes on him and ignores my vote and accuses charter of omgus.

I'm not a big fan of being ignored personally, feels like he is trying to hide something.

But Im used to a place where contentless posting is the norm so :shrug:
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Juls »

rat wrote:Juls, was your vote on Phoebus serious or not?

Sure. Why wouldn't it be?
Juls
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Panacea
:
So just to clarify: You don't give a rat's ass about what
I
think; however you do give one about what others do?
That would be one explanation for why you're offering to tone things down for charter and mentioning the "newbie-to-non-newbie culture shock". Plus, there's also the post asking Budja for examples of play-style difference.

However, if I'm wrong with this and you don't give a rat's ass about what others think as well, please tell me what I'm missing here.

Baltar
: Grazie!

pappums rat, addressing Baltar wrote:I find your interactions with her appear like you were subtly trying to steer her away from the way she was acting. Your questions to her appeared to me to be an attempt to right the sinking ship that was Panacea, the same way CML tried to with Amrun in Mini 1120. And regardless of whether I am comparing you to one person in one game, it still looks exactly the same, and I still have my suspicions about it.

+1
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Phoebus - what do you make of the points i bring up about pappums? You think I'm off-base in my description?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Panacea »

Beck wrote:
hiplop wrote: UNVOTE:
VOTE: Charter. Nitpicking way too much for page 3. From what i remember; he never played like this, grasping for too many straws, too quickly.

Charter made an observation, he wasn't being nit-picky nor do I think he was grasping at straws.

Baltar's name is VP Baltar. I literally wrote "VT Baltar." I typed one wrong letter. It was clear that I was talking to him, because I answered his question. I really don't know how else I can possibly defend that...

Juls wrote: He/she was just "+1"ing everything and not speaking as if it was a post restriction.
Thank you; I was just making sure it wasn't something about the content rules I should know.

Pappums Rat wrote:Is another defense of Panacea, claiming that he meta'ed Panacea and said that using smilies is a town-tell. I forget exactly what it is called, but using excessive smilies can be a tactic used by scum to soften up townie's impressions of scum. So at this point Budja is also on my scumdar, probably surpassing VP due to the fact that VP's questions have a little more pro-town potential than Budja's crappy meta/smily defense.

Also, I second the request for Panacea's meta that supports her using more smilies as town.
What makes this defense worse is that I post smilies equally in frequency when I'm having fun, regardless of alignment. It's not a tactic or a play style; it's more of a personality thing. That being said, either he did meta me and is lying about what he found, or he didn't meta me and is lying about actually meta'ing me at all. To support this(
win
loss
):
Newbie 922
Vanilla, killed N2.

Newbie 890
Vanilla, killed N1.

Newbie 879
Mafia Roleblocker, Survived.

Newbie 868
Mafia Roleblocker, lynched D4.

Newbie 863
Vanilla, lynched D3.

Phoebus wrote:So just to clarify: You don't give a rat's ass about what I think; however you do give one about what others do?
That would be one explanation for why you're offering to tone things down for charter and mentioning the "newbie-to-non-newbie culture shock". Plus, there's also the post asking Budja for examples of play-style difference.

However, if I'm wrong with this and you don't give a rat's ass about what others think as well, please tell me what I'm missing here.
Ummmmm... No. I definitely said this:
Panacea wrote:
Phoebus wrote: If you want me to take a "rebuttal" seriously, trying being slightly more dispassionate.
3) I don't give a Rat's ass
if you take what I say seriously
, so we're all good there.

I care what people think insofar as you are all more experienced than I am with Normals, and if you say my post frequency or style or flavor hinders the game, I'll consider your opinions. However, I was responding to the comment about me needing to change my style so you'll take me seriously. I don't
care
if you take me seriously, as I clearly said, and the distinction effectively kills the cute pointlet you were trying to make.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

3rd Vote Count of Day 1:

Panacea - 2 (Phoebus, pappums rat)
Hiplop - 2 (Beck, charter)
Charter - 2 (Hiplop, Juls)
Phoebus - 1 (Budja)
pammums rat - 1 (VP Baltar)

Not voting (Panacea)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

Day One will end no later than Monday July 25th at 6:30PM CST
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Budja »

Beck wrote:I really want to hear more from Budja

Care to be more specific?
---
@Panacea, It was a 5 minute meta read, "Does Panacea use smilies a lot or is this a sign of nervousness?".

pappam wrote:using smilies is a town-tell

Budja wrote:So it's null.

Don't mix my posts together! Panacea's attitude was the town-tell.
---
Juls wrote:The one that is "joking" the most is usually the scum.

Then why no interest in Panacea?

unvote
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Beck »

For starters 3 people requested info about your comment regarding smilies, specifically which game (s) you looked at

Secondly, why all out of the blue for your first post do you hop on a forming wagon
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Panacea wrote:
I care what people think insofar as you are all more experienced than I am with Normals, and if you say my post frequency or style or flavor hinders the game, I'll consider your opinions. However, I was responding to the comment about me needing to change my style so you'll take me seriously. I don't
care
if you take me seriously, as I clearly said, and the distinction effectively kills the cute pointlet you were trying to make.

So you don't
care
if I don't take you seriously (as a rule? in a vacuum?) because of your posting style and content. Right?
However would you
care
if I said that your posting style prevents me from taking you seriously; which, in turn, hinders my ability to play the game well?
This seems to be what I should be taking from the snippet I quoted. As long as your style doesn't hinder the game, it doesn't matter if you're taken seriously or not?

Here's how I see it: As a member of an uninformed majority who knows only about himself, I have to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff. This is the only way I can play the game well enough to help my team; and yes, I
am
on a team; I just don't know my teammates. They way you're posting, it's mostly chaff and is
majorly not helpful
from a town perspective. So if you're playing for the town team, you're a teammate of mine for all intents and purposes and in this instance, with your blather, you are
not
helping the team. If you're playing for the opposition, however, you're doing a good job. If you
are
playing for the town team, then you may want to consider what your teammates are saying and I'm saying that it's hard for me to take you seriously when a "rebuttal" of yours consists of a blathering mixture of sarcasm and attempts at irony and cutesiness.

Speaking of which, let's look to your rebuttal for a moment. Something for which you provided a very handy definition:

Panacea wrote:
1) "Rebut:
— vb , -buts , -butting , -butted
( tr ) to refute or disprove, esp by offering a contrary contention or argument."
(World English Dictionary)

Let me elaborate on one word in there:

Dictionary.com wrote:
ar·gu·ment
   [ahr-gyuh-muhnt]

2. a discussion involving differing points of view; debate
3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons
4. a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point
5. an address or composition intended to convince or persuade; persuasive discourse.

Source

Now Let's look at your "rebuttal":
(Please correct me if I make an error in assessing some of your intentions below.)

Panacea wrote:

charter wrote:I don't like how you're posting a ton but saying nothing. I doubly don't like how you're excited that you're at L-2.
Yeah. You're so right. I'm so excited at the prospect of being at L2.
This is sad. The main thing I was looking forward to in a mini-normal was the potential for more humor... :(

Sarcasm. Emphasis mine.

Panacea wrote:
charter wrote:I don't like how you're posting a ton but saying nothing.
Sorry, next time I'll "+1" it for you so I'm actually contributing something more meaningful. :roll:

Sarcasm. No emphasis needed.

Panacea wrote:
charter wrote:I think you're scum.
Did you want a cookie?

Attempts at cutesiness.

Panacea wrote:
charter wrote:I think Balter is your buddy.
He ain't
my
buddy, though there's a 1/8 chance he's someone else's.

First (and only) possible fact. Factual value: currently undetermined.

Panacea wrote:
charter wrote: Discuss.
So... Keep talking about how you're incorrect?

Snideness.

Panacea wrote:
charter wrote:
Panacea wrote: Yes,
VT
. My sixth is also ongoing. It really isn't much of a "plunge." I've been meaning to, but kept chickening out. :P
IDK what to think of this, I just picked up on it. It could just be a mistake, but given her reaction to the sample VT role PM, I get the feeling she is trying to allude to her being VT. There would really be no town motivation to do this if it were the case, as preserving PRs should obviously be a priority for town.
Or she got his name wrong... :roll: Sorry for the mistake. In my defense, it was 1 something am and that post was the only thing between me and bed. I'd even thought it was witty to put "VT" in his user name, lol. But seriously, Rat (or correct me if you'd prefer something different), that is a disturbing level of reaching on your part... Also, last I checked, Vanilla Townie wasn't a PR. (Oh-em-gee, this is not me claiming or anything, keep your shirt on, Rat. Just responding to your bit on preserving PR's.)

Sarcasm (notice eyeroll).
Weak defense: the T and the P on the keyboard are far enough away that even at 1am in the morning (how does this matter anyway?n), it is not an obvious typo.

Disclaimer: I do not currently think that there is much to be read into her typo. I personally think that it
was
some odd typo. That said, I did want to comment on the distance between the two keys, in case it did become pertinent later. I am mostly using this case to point out how the "rebuttal" holds no water as far as providing reasoned arguments goes.

Panacea wrote:
Beck wrote:I am inclined to disagree with the read on Vp, but im waiting to hear from charter and for Phoebus to actually say something.
Silly, didn't you hear? Charter says
I'm
the one not saying anything. "+1" is apparently hunky-dory.

Sarcasm. No emphasis needed.

As an addendum to this: It's my opinion that use of smilies is mostly a null tell. I think that it's a more global individual trait that remains mostly constant but may vary in usage based on mood.

That said, I'm not particularly impressed with what Panacea's put forth so far and I'm perfectly happy with my vote staying where it is.

Panacea
: Your rebuttal, as posted above, strongly
implies
a differing point of view. However, please tell me where there is any one of:
3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons
4. a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point
5. an address or composition intended to convince or persuade; persuasive discourse.

Please tell me where this is a "rebuttal"?

Baltar
: I am not ignoring you. More to come after I've had some food.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Panacea »

Mobile. Dinner and homework first; will return later. This ^^ is Town Phoebus meta from... one of your games I remember. Need a computer. The explanation is exactly what I needed to motivate the change you're looking for. You understand that I don't know my teammates, either, and wasn't taking playstyle change requests from a null-read. A slightly Town feel will suffice, though. More later.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Beck »

Somebody asked about my previous experience?

Best I can do - http://www.glbwiki.com/index.php?title= ... afia_Forum
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Budja »

Sorry Beck, I forgot to post this a while back.

@Beck, no specifics, just a simple look at her latest posts. Meta's just a playstyle thing and I only meta when I was to check a specific playstyle.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Beck »

Budja wrote:Sorry Beck, I forgot to post this a while back.

@Beck, no specifics, just a simple look at her latest posts. Meta's just a playstyle thing and I only meta when I was to check a specific playstyle.

yes but you said you meta'd her and she used smilies, i'd like a link, she supported my request as did somebody else.

so you can easily link us to the game where she did this, so please oblige or there was no point in bringing it up in the first place.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”