Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Untrod Tripod wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Seriously though. Claim, right now. Or I will day kill you. I'm not joking.
lawl

if you're actually a dayvig you realize that you'll have to use your power today. shoot sleepykrew he's kind of an idiot.

Actually, krew is pretty much the only player who has said something that his given him townie points in my eyes at this point.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

never said he was scum
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Bogre »

Zang wrote:
Vote: SleepyKrew

for being serious.

Vote: Zang

For not being serious.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

don't you mean
Colonel Graff
Colonel Graff
Townie
Colonel Graff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Colonel Graff »

Votecount 1.2

GhostWriter (0) -
SleepyKrew (2) - LordChronos, Zang
LordChronos (0) -
Jedo the Jedi (0) -
PBuG (0) -
Voidedmafia (1) - SleepyKrew
Zang (3) - thestatusquo, Untrod Tripod, Bogre
Bogre (0) -
smallpeoples343 (0) -
Internet Stranger (1) - smallpeoples343
Knight of Cydonia (0) -
Untrod Tripod (0) -
thestatusquo (2) - Knight of Cydonia, Jedo the Jedi

Not Voting (4) - GhostWriter, PBuG, Voidedmafia, Internet Stranger
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Untrod Tripod wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Seriously though. Claim, right now. Or I will day kill you. I'm not joking.
lawl

if you're actually a dayvig you realize that you'll have to use your power today. shoot sleepykrew he's kind of an idiot.

Actually, krew is pretty much the only player who has said something that his given him townie points in my eyes at this point.

And what's that?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by TBuG »

Ohay I forgot this started.

Vote: Internet Stranger
for having an earlier Joined date than me.

Don't like the Zang wagon all the much. I see the reasoning, not enough to hop it though. So RVS it is.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

wah wah

get on the rvs wagon you pussy
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

No.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It is the opposite of what town would do normally but it's RVS and I ussualy vote someone who's voting seriously as a random vote.

RVS is a myth that is only perpetuated by people who say "uhhh, well, I guess its random voting stage so I don't have to be accountable. If that's your meta, then its a really stupid meta, because what town should be doing is trying to pick up the minuscule information til it leads to better and better information, garnering interactions that will be useful along the way. Which is, by the way, precisely what people who are "being serious" are doing.

By voting for them, you are voting for the players who are doing the most town thing possible at this stage of the game, and that is just wildly incoherent at best. So, yeah, my votes on you, bub. Better vote me because I'm "being serious."

And what's that?

Don't feel particularly inclined to tell you right now. It might be more beneficial if you told me what you think I could be referring to, at least then I'd know you were paying attention instead of just coasting off of others.

Really, your read off of me is more important than me telling you the tiny little something I've picked up on one player right now, so active involvement in the game, plox.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

should be an end quote at the end of accountable. My apologies for any readability issues.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Mainly because there's pretty much nothing in what Sleepy's posted that could possibly cause a townread other than voting me because I'm not RVSing, saying that Chronos is sheeping, or that Chronos and I are scumbuddies.

Sorry, but no, you're gonna have to explain what the hell in there constitutes a townread.

And OMGZ I'M ASKING FOR EXPLANATIONS I'M TOTALLY GONNA SHEEP!!! Jeez.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Mainly because there's pretty much nothing in what Sleepy's posted that could possibly cause a townread other than voting me because I'm not RVSing, saying that Chronos is sheeping, or that Chronos and I are scumbuddies.

Which of these actions do you read as being more likely to come from a townie, from a scummie, and have no role connotations to you whatsoever?

Sorry, but no, you're gonna have to explain what the hell in there constitutes a townread.

No, I really don't.

First of all, and this is entirely unrelated to the game, but don't say things like "omg I'm going to sheep" That lingoization of the game is really really annoying. But second of all, and much more importantly, when a player has made no comments at all about the game yet, and then asks for information from you, do you feel inclined to give it to them, or do you prefer to try to get them to actually start reading the thread with a critical eye? I know which option I choose.

By sheep, I assume you mean "follow everyone else," but thats not really what I was saying at all. In order to get the game to a more manageable level of information, its important that players be analyzing and discussing things, not just posting "lolwut." Which is all I've seen you do so far. I mean, seriously, you haven't even voted yet. All you've done is comment on a (very mediocre) song, refused to vote to get the game to a point where we know what is going on, and then ask ME for information. I'm saying play the game, gosh darnit.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

LordChronos wrote:Um, a) It can't be a sheep, no one else has voted you or mentioned you.
b) We just finished a game together. I was joking about that.

This seems very defensive, seeing as I'm not even voting you.
To be clear: quack
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Thestatusquo wrote:

Which of these actions do you read as being more likely to come from a townie, from a scummie, and have no role connotations to you whatsoever?

None have any town connotations.

Thestatusquo wrote:

No, I really don't.

Yes you really do.

Thestatusquo wrote:

First of all, and this is entirely unrelated to the game, but don't say things like "omg I'm going to sheep" That lingoization of the game is really really annoying. But second of all, and much more importantly, when a player has made no comments at all about the game yet, and then asks for information from you, do you feel inclined to give it to them, or do you prefer to try to get them to actually start reading the thread with a critical eye? I know which option I choose.

I'm sorry. I'll make more posts if it makes you feel better, but I commented when I felt like commenting at this stage. Don't like it? Well, not my problem..

Really, though, flat-out denying information is much more detrimental that someone coming in and asking for said information when they've only made two posts beforehand. Not to mention that giving our info and getting lurkers to participate aren't always mutually exclusive, and this situation is definitely not mutually exclusive.

Thestatusquo wrote:By sheep, I assume you mean "follow everyone else," but thats not really what I was saying at all. In order to get the game to a more manageable level of information, its important that players be analyzing and discussing things, not just posting "lolwut."

A.) Well, more specifically I mean "follow you", but yeah.
B.) Where did I say "lolwut"?
C.) Players analyze responses to questions as well as posts in the thread. Answers to questions can sometimes be better in regards to alignment than analyzing posts.

Thestatusquo wrote:Which is all I've seen you do so far.

I am right now. I've already got you as slighly scummy for this overreaction to a simple question, not to mention that it's a question that I (and maybe others) can use to start off their own analyzation.

Thestatusquo wrote: mean, seriously, you haven't even voted yet.

Oh noez, I haven't voted yet. :roll:

Come back to me on this when voting iis a requirement to think, plz.

Thestatusquo wrote:All you've done is comment on a (very mediocre) song

LIES! LIES AND DECEPTION!

Thestatusquo wrote:refused to vote to get the game to a point where we know what is going on

I am :roll: . RVS doesn't always need to happen to get the game to a more serious point, and I think my question was going to help. Therefore, YOU aren't helping in getting us to that point..

Thestatusquo wrote: and then ask ME for information. I'm saying play the game, gosh darnit.

I'm playing this game, too. You're just complaining about it -_-.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Zang »

Unvote

Thestatusquo wrote:RVS is a myth that is only perpetuated by people who say "uhhh, well, I guess its random voting stage so I don't have to be accountable. If that's your meta, then its a really stupid meta, because what town should be doing is trying to pick up the minuscule information til it leads to better and better information, garnering interactions that will be useful along the way. Which is, by the way, precisely what people who are "being serious" are doing.

By voting for them, you are voting for the players who are doing the most town thing possible at this stage of the game, and that is just wildly incoherent at best. So, yeah, my votes on you, bub. Better vote me because I'm "being serious."

Who said it was a myth? I don't agree with that because that minuscule information gives you nothing. I know that other people will hold me accountable for what I do in RVS but I don't think that I should be and I don't hold other people accountable for what they do in RVS. Like I said, being serious should be encouraged but I see it as just as good of a reason for voting in the RVS as anything else.

Thestatusquo wrote:No, I really don't.

Yes, you do. You said that he was town, you have to explain your actions.

SleepyKrew wrote:This seems very defensive, seeing as I'm not even voting you.

He responded to you when you accused him of something. How is that being defensive? Normally, when somebody is accused of something it's scummy not to respond to it.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:21 am

Post by GhostWriter »

VOTE: Krew
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

no, see, I don't. vote me if you don't like it. It'd be worth having your vote on me just so that you've done something game relevant. Vague threats like "you're looking a little scummy in my book because you overreacted to a simple question." are not something I care about.

its not an overreaction. The point of the game is interacting. Commenting on a band and not voting, then posting "what?" are not interacting. If you think thats overreacting, then thats fine by me, but you notice my votes not on you, right? That's because you haven't done anything yet but fly off the handle when I refused to give you the skinny on a slight town read i had. So, basically, me getting a read on you is impossible til you DO something. This is what I am trying to get you to do, so that I can read you. that's not overreacting, thats called playing mafia.

zang, I will get to you later.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Thestatusquo wrote:no, see, I don't.

Yes you do.

Thestatusquo wrote:vote me if you don't like it.

For continuing to deny the School/Town information as to why you believe Sleepy has a townread from you and blowing a simple question completely out of porportion? Certainly.

Vote: Statusquo

Thestatusquo wrote:It'd be worth having your vote on me just so that you've done something game relevant.

We already have -_-.

Thestatusquo wrote:Vague threats like "you're looking a little scummy in my book because you overreacted to a simple question." are not something I care about.

No, you're supposed to be answering a question.

Thestatusquo wrote:its not an overreaction.

Yes it is. A 3-paragraph rant at a simple question is definitely an oerreaction.

Thestatusquo wrote:The point of the game is interacting.

Interesting. We're doing that right now, and it started when I asked you a question. hello?

Thestatusquo wrote:Commenting on a band

Song. Knights of Cydonia is a song, not a band.

Thestatusquo wrote:and not voting,

I didn't want to join RVS. Problem?

Thestatusquo wrote:then posting "what?" are not interacting.

Yes it is. It's me beginning to interact with you.

Thestatusquo wrote:That's because you haven't done anything yet but fly off the handle when I refused to give you the skinny on a slight town read i had.

Speaking of which, where's that townread coming from? You have yet to explain it through all this.

Thestatusquo wrote:So, basically, me getting a read on you is impossible til you DO something.

I'm sorry. When did the primary point of this argument change from "Explaining a Sleepy townread" to "Getting a read out of Voidedmafia"? (nevermind that the latter'll happen anyways.)

Thestatusquo wrote:This is what I am trying to get you to do, so that I can read you. that's not overreacting, thats called playing mafia.

You're still ignoring the question.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Zang »

Vote: Thestatusquo

You can't say that people are town without having any reasoning.

Thestatusquo wrote:The point of the game is interacting.

Interacting is two sided. You are not letting people interact with you. Whenever somebody asks you a question or an explanation, you either avoid answering it or deny answering it.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

you guys are silly. :)

I would note right now I'm at three from lynch, just for everyone scoring at home. I'm gunna let a few other players post in the meanwhile, then I'm gunna post some analysis. :)
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:02 am

Post by GhostWriter »

@Mod: You may want to alter your sig.
Colonel Graff
Colonel Graff
Townie
Colonel Graff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Colonel Graff »

Votecount 1.3

GhostWriter (0) -
SleepyKrew (2) - LordChronos, GhostWriter
LordChronos (0) -
Jedo the Jedi (0) -
PBuG (0) -
Voidedmafia (1) - SleepyKrew
Zang (3) - thestatusquo, Untrod Tripod, Bogre
Bogre (0) -
smallpeoples343 (0) -
Internet Stranger (2) - smallpeoples343, PBuG
Knight of Cydonia (0) -
Untrod Tripod (0) -
thestatusquo (4) - Knight of Cydonia, Jedo the Jedi, Voidedmafia, Zang

Not Voting (1) - Internet Stranger
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

There's a good chance this is town on town. I really have no recourse to change my vote. If we get a lynch we can analyze based on the flip.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by LordChronos »

So, GhostWriter is not contributing. Noted.

@Sleepy

I'm curious to know what you mean by defensive. Usually responding when someone implies that you are scum is not considered scummy.

@TSQ

You should say why you think Sleepy is town. I'm guessing it was his criticism of Voidedmafia's lack of random vote, but withholding information right now is not going to help town.

@Jedo the Jedi

If you really think there's a good chance that TSQ and Voided are both town why on earth are you voting TSQ?

Unvote; Vote: Jedo the Jedi
I'm a talking computer.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”