jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

It's not scummy to ask question, but you the reactions like the OMGUS is more likely to lead to a scumslip than asking questions.

Anyways, as for a personal preference, I do like RQS more, don't ask me why, I don't know, I just know I like it better.

1) You're not going to find me voting "No Lynch" unless we're at MYLO. I don't understand why you would no lynch on the first day. Any information is helpful. You just made you're way to being the first person on my scum list.

2) I'm going to agree with your logic on this one, simply because you'll never find me lurking as mafia. I may very well be inactive as town, because quite honestly, it's as boring as he--.

3) If you got a prod, or I've see you online at least 3x without posting, I'm voting you.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

jilynne1991 wrote:It's not scummy to ask question, but you the reactions like the OMGUS is more likely to lead to a scumslip than asking questions.

Anyways, as for a personal preference, I do like RQS more, don't ask me why, I don't know, I just know I like it better.

1) You're not going to find me voting "No Lynch" unless we're at MYLO. I don't understand why you would no lynch on the first day. Any information is helpful.
You just made you're way to being the first person on my scum list.

2) I'm going to agree with your logic on this one, simply because you'll never find me lurking as mafia. I may very well be inactive as town, because quite honestly, it's as boring as he--.

3) If you got a prod, or I've see you online at least 3x without posting, I'm voting you.

So because you disagree with me, I must be scum. Delightful, I'm sure we're going to get along just fine. /wrist

No, the reason I feel No Lynch is viable in that scenario is because lynching someone based on no scummy behavior gives no information. All it does is diminish town's number by one...and then another at night. If there's no clear candidate, then there's no information to be had from the flip. Sure, there's a 2/9 chance that we'll hit scum...absolutely. But there's a 7/9 chances of hitting a townie that would otherwise be alive to soak up the night-kill that night. And the night-kill gives just as much information if not more than the lynch in that scenario, because then the 1-2 power-roles will have time to do their work. Speaking of power-roles, with no clear lynch candidate there's a 1-2/9 chance of hitting one of THEM as well with a lynch on d1.

The fact that it's an option at all means that there's a reason it's in the game. It's not just an option to give you something to suspect people with.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Jilyenne's latest argument is giving me intense Deja Vu.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

"Prepare for the bitter truth."

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
: 0/0
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Yes, Jazz, we get it...you were in a game with Jilyenne before. Perhaps you could expand on your comment...maybe, explain why it gives you Deja Vu for the rest of us who weren't IN that game...instead of appearing to buddy with her right off the bat by sharing a little inside chuckle?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

VisceraEyes wrote:Yes, Jazz, we get it...you were in a game with Jilyenne before. Perhaps you could expand on your comment...maybe, explain why it gives you Deja Vu for the rest of us who weren't IN that game...instead of appearing to buddy with her right off the bat by sharing a little inside chuckle?

My, someone's bitter for no reason. I thought that was my job.
As for sharing an inside chuckle, please. Don't ASSume so much.

...Well, I was going to explain later why I'm having Deja Vu, but fuck it.
Oh, and, we get it... you're a no-nonsense guy who takes the game of mafia too fucking seriously. So instead of starting shit with someone you barely know, how about loosening up a bit, eh?
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Guy, calm down. If that sounded...bitter? I don't even know how it came off as bitter...it wasn't intended. Was simply pointing out the suspicious nature of your post. I'm not "starting shit", and I'm as loose as can be. How about YOU chill out and play the game a little?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

...Sigh. I am playing the game. Basically your first post came across as you being an asshole to me. "Yeah we get it" is pretty asshole-ish.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:...Well, I was going to explain later why I'm having Deja Vu, but fuck it.

And for the record, I don't care if you explain it or not...was simply asking because I was interested. The fact that you're not willing to share is telling, especially when anyone can just go READ the game in question and find out for themselves. It's like you're leveraging information you don't control, and I don't like it.

At any rate, don't take anything too personally. I'm a pretty playful guy...I'm just....trying to feel out the crowd I guess. Clearly you don't like to be messed with, and that's cool. We're about to find out how Jilyenne likes to be poked. I'm about as far from asshole as one can get...but I also don't like to be messed with. ;)

I'm just playin the game, man. Just playin the game.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

VisceraEyes wrote:
Darkcoffeejazz wrote:...Well, I was going to explain later why I'm having Deja Vu, but fuck it.

And for the record, I don't care if you explain it or not...was simply asking because I was interested. The fact that you're not willing to share is telling, especially when anyone can just go READ the game in question and find out for themselves. It's like you're leveraging information you don't control, and I don't like it.

It's more like you were being an asshole, so why should I fucking give you what you want when you didn't even respect me enough to ask politely.
It has nothing to do with the game itself.

At any rate, don't take anything too personally.

I usually don't. Unless someone insults me first.

I'm a pretty playful guy...I'm just....trying to feel out the crowd I guess. Clearly you don't like to be messed with, and that's cool. We're about to find out how Jilyenne likes to be poked. I'm about as far from asshole as one can get...but I also don't like to be messed with. ;)

I'm just playin the game, man. Just playin the game.

Eh, just leave me alone.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

EBWOP: I'm going to bed, btw. Also don't bother responding since I'm not going to answer you until such a time as I'm not pissed off at you. Which could be days. Both real time and game time.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Dude, it's going to be a long day if you just don't like me for no reason. I was absolutely NOT being an asshole.

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:Don't worry, I'm here now. Let the bold notes of jazz accuse the mafia as we work to unravel the mystery of this murder.
/coolentry

Anyway, let me be the first to bring us into the RVS.

VOTE: Jilyenne1991

Because I can.

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:Yeah, I see you magna. Also for some reason I thought you and Jily were in my last game but now I remember you were in a game with me 2 games ago (for me at least).

So yeah.

jilynne1991 wrote:Hi DCJ
waves

VOTE: Magma of Illusion cuz i feel like it

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:Jilyenne's latest argument is giving me intense Deja Vu.

Literally 50% of your posts allude to being in a game with Jilyenne...it was meant to be a joke. Jilyenne even confirms it. My post was meant to point out the fact that yes, we've established that you were in a game with her before...and her post obviously reminded you of something that happened in that game. But rather than just call you scummy for withholding information, I did ask. No, I didn't say please. I'm not your fucking kindergarten teacher. We're here talking about who we're going to hang to death. Excuse my lack of niceties :P But I DID ask you to expand on your answer. Which you then refused to do. So no, I won't be LEAVING YOU ALONE...but I'll go read the game myself since it's such a big deal.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

For anyone who's interested, the content of DCJ's nod to Jilyenne can be found in 1110. Apparently in that game Jily was playing scum and suggested no-lynch near the end of the game. Which is funny, because I in no way suggested no-lynch, nor did I say that I'm for it aside from the one very specific circumstance I laid out. In context, it isn't really the same circumstance.

This was all right before DCJ ragequit because he felt a couple people were being 'assholes'.

Now I'M starting to get deja vu. DCJ, I'm really not trying to single you out, but this is a game of suspicion and you can't take offense to every little thing someone says to you that isn't 'By golly, you just must be the towniest town around'. People are going to suggest that you're scum even if you're not. You can't let it bother you man...that's what this game is about. I know you're shitty now, but I wanted to nip this in the bud RIGHT here. I may say some things you disagree with. I may even get a little frustrated if you repeatedly ignore points I make. DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY SIR PLEASE GOD. This is a game. I'm playing it too. We're all here to have fun. Now, I'll thank you to quit calling me an asshole. I'm not one. That is all.

I still haven't heard from Verydark on my little survey. Your input is invaluable sir.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:32 am

Post by verydark »

1) What are your thoughts on No Lynch as a policy?

Maybe I'm new, but there has yet to be a situation in the games I've played where there isn't a player who is in the spotlight when it comes to lynching time, so I have no experience using "No Lynch", but it seems to me like a waste, if we don't lynch.

2) How do you feel about lynching inactives?

Absolutely not. Look at my last game 1117, where we lynched an inactive and he flipped town on D1, I was against it the whole time, and I was right. Inactivity CAN be scummy, but I will NEVER use it as my only reason for voting someone (and will not jump on any bandwagons using inactivity as the sole reason). I know life gets in the way sometimes, and we are all human, so to base an argument solely around that, blind to other ACTUAL arguments, is foolish.

Conversely, I have found that in my little experience so far, the ones consistently calling out people for lurking/inactivity seem to be more scummy. Nothing to base a case on, but what better way to get attention off you than to redirect it to a lurker.

3) How lurky is lurky to YOU?

Meh, I try to make at least one post a day and answer all questions directed to me. I think that is fair. I'm not going to sit and refresh the screen all day, waiting for the chance to post. If I feel someone needs to speak up, I will generally call them out, and if they don't follow up then, they usually are replaced or continue to half-assedly contribute. Nature of the game, I suppose.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:34 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Viscera wrote:1) What are your thoughts on No Lynch as a policy?

1. No Lynching should only happen in one very specific set of circumstances – when it is MYLO and there are no confirmed Town / obvious kill targets for the scum. That’s the only time when it is an acceptable option. Otherwise you are basically granting the scum a free kill at no risk to their lives via Town’s most potent weapon – lynching.
2. Inactive players should be prodded and replaced in strict accordance with the rules set down by the Mod. That said if said inactive player is active elsewhere on site that’s a pretty strong scum-tell, IMO.
3. I’m not sure what you are going for here? Asking what my threashold is for lurkers. Active lurking is pretty clear to spot.

Now I get to ask you some questions based on your RQS set

1. You’ve basically asked three Game Theory questions that have no ‘right’ answer per se. What scum-hunting can spring from this? I see you later use the word ‘tone’ as something you appear to think can be used to find scum. Please explain this also.
2. What sort of Mafia background do you have / what sort of games did you play previous? Did you come from an environment where scum-hunting was very Power-Role heavy?
3. If you are Town your responses give scum every indication that they can lurk and generally under-perform and get away with it. Any reason why you would specifically give this information away immediately as Town?

Viscera wrote:No, the reason I feel No Lynch is viable in that scenario is because lynching someone based on no scummy behavior gives no information. All it does is diminish town's number by one...and then another at night. If there's no clear candidate, then there's no information to be had from the flip. Sure, there's a 2/9 chance that we'll hit scum...absolutely. But there's a 7/9 chances of hitting a townie that would otherwise be alive to soak up the night-kill that night. And the night-kill gives just as much information if not more than the lynch in that scenario, because then the 1-2 power-roles will have time to do their work. Speaking of power-roles, with no clear lynch candidate there's a 1-2/9 chance of hitting one of THEM as well with a lynch on d1.

Please explain the following –

1. How in a 12 player game with 3 scum are the odds of randomly hitting scum is 2/9 and not 3/12?
2. Do you believe that no scum-hunting via dayplay is possible Day 1? I can show you many examples of scum lynched Day 1 based on dayplay and not Power Roles.

You may have tripped on of my personal scum-tells. I eagerly await your response.

Viscera wrote:Yes, Jazz, we get it...you were in a game with Jilyenne before. Perhaps you could expand on your comment...maybe, explain why it gives you Deja Vu for the rest of us who weren't IN that game...
instead of appearing to buddy with her right off the bat by sharing a little inside chuckle?

I’m really interested in the bolded. I’m curious why you thought DCJ’s 27 is a buddying play. It looks to me like a note of suspicion to me at first blush.

Jily was scum that game. I don’t see where you make any allusions to DCJ’s aligment in that game in 36 … you simply say that he ‘rage-quit’. I myself did dig enough to see that DCJ’s slot was Town.

Viscera wrote:I still haven't heard from Verydark on my little survey. Your input is invaluable sir.

Pop-quiz … you haven’t heard from me or at least 4 others (who have yet to actually post at all when you wrote this). Why single Verydark out?

--

Mal wrote:Asking questoions again? Very scummy of you VE.

Trying to get out of RVS that soon? Very scummy of you IH

Scum-buddies here!

1. Why is Viscera asking questions ‘again’ scummy. Explain please.
2. Why is moving out of RVS as soon as possible scummy. Again, explain please.

--

DarkCoffee wrote:It's more like you were being an asshole, so why should I fucking give you what you want when you didn't even respect me enough to ask politely.
It has nothing to do with the game itself.

So you are saying your post at 27, where you intimate that you have seen Jily post similarly in 1110, isn’t an alignment indication?

Jily was Mafia in that game. Please explain the Déjà vu comment if it isn’t game related then.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:09 am

Post by StefanB »

jilynne1991 wrote:

Okay, this posting deserves a special prize: This one:
Vote: jilynne1991

Any other policy you wan't to share, where you can vote someone without calling them scummy? I have seen people getting prods that were very active in games normally and clearly not lurking.
And the 3 times online without posting. Good way to make the game more difficult. Let the people read and post a little later if necessary. (Exspecially in the late game there will be time when people need that time or they may not have the time to post now but want to keep up to date and will imput later.)
Does that policy is only on Viscera or on everyone?
Even as presure that is ridiculess. For me the most scummy now.
Comment on the other happenings later.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:01 am

Post by IH »

No, the reason I feel No Lynch is viable in that scenario is because lynching someone based on no scummy behavior gives no information. All it does is diminish town's number by one...and then another at night. If there's no clear candidate, then there's no information to be had from the flip. Sure, there's a 2/9 chance that we'll hit scum...absolutely. But there's a 7/9 chances of hitting a townie that would otherwise be alive to soak up the night-kill that night. And the night-kill gives just as much information if not more than the lynch in that scenario, because then the 1-2 power-roles will have time to do their work. Speaking of power-roles, with no clear lynch candidate there's a 1-2/9 chance of hitting one of THEM as well with a lynch on d1.

I see it more as you're giving the scum a free kill with even less information to look back on (EG, confirming someones role and looking back on their play)
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Coventry
Coventry
Townie
Coventry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Coventry »

Eyes, I’m sorry but now I am beginning to feel a little discomfited by your behavior.

When I played Mafia regularly I often saw scum identify players who they believed were easy to push into fits of bad behavior and ride them until that person became an inevitable (mis)lynch. I just saw it again, in the very first game I replaced into.

Another thing I am generally suspicious of is what seems like a deliberately false or misleading case.

First, literally 50% of DarkCoffee’s posts had not alluded to being in a game with jilynne. Two of five posts had as of the first time you brought it up. Three of nine posts had at the point where you made the claim, the third because DarkCoffee was answering you.

This wouldn’t bother me a lot except that you listed DarkCoffee’s random vote for Jilyenne as part of your list of his posts that “allude” to having been in a game with Jilyenne before, as well as his two posts which actually did.

So I have two questions for you, if you would be so kind as to answer them:

You have clearly read a game in which DarkCoffee was provoked into quitting as town. So do you believe that provoking him in the way you have (and please don’t claim that you weren’t, because no simple search for information requires you to tell someone you’re not their “expletive kindergarten teacher”, for just one example) is beneficial to town? If so, please explain in what way.

What was your thinking in producing the list of quotes that accompanied your “literally 50%” accusation?

Thank you for any answers you provide.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:29 am

Post by StefanB »

Viscera 15
Okay random questions:

1) What are your thoughts on No Lynch as a policy?

Don't like it. Doesn't help the town. A no lynch on day one could as well be translated us town screaming:
"Here mafia, there is your win!" On newbie games it's giving mafia a free kill, here the scenario is to complex to analyse because of the vig. I don't give away our best weapon. Of course that doesn't mean to lynch random at day end, but I am hopful. Why do you ask that question at the begging of day one?????????

Define inactive. Beeing completly not playing the game, pointless they will be replaced soon. Beeing replaced is no indication of aligment btw. (I have yet to finish a game where not at last one scum replaced out or flaked) Calling them out at last is necessary.
If you speek about active lurkers: Always a good alternative to active players. Don't forget them.
And no to the shoutout to VT. That is a good role. No negatives and complete freedom. I like the role.

Not the right person to answer that, I am sometimes to fast to acuse people of lurking. But if you acuse someone of active lurking in one post in the RVS you go to far. (Happened to me, I will never forget that)

Viscera: Are you acused of lurking or active lurking?

I will not post my comment so much about Visceras self answers, they are enough to keep an eye on him. I will not perticiopate (or hope I will not) participate in a no-lynchdiscusion again (had one a short time ago), so please NOOOOOOO!!!!
More after Magnas questions have been answered.

16: Darkcoffee:
Please make your answer more concret, how long not posting. Ever heard of active lurking?

17: IH:
And one not contributing, if one player has for example 8 posts and everyone else has 20+ and 6 of them were only fluff (extreme example) you think making him a lynccandidate is wrong?

24: Darkcoffee
Questions can be scummy, ever heard of rolefishing for example? And we don't only have the questions we have Visceras answers also.

I alredy talked about how scummy Jilynnes 25 was.

Darkcoffee:
Please cool down a bit, I don't think Visceras was mean to you at the begining. It is a game but one that can be a lot more intensive.

Of course some thinks should not happen and we can perhaps play a little bit not mean. Visceras why if you weren't mean in your first post, why start now?

So at the moment Jilynne is top scumread. Visceras is someone whos question make me suspicious, don't like them. So at the spotlight too at the moment.
Coventry
Coventry
Townie
Coventry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Coventry »

Hi, Jilynne,

If it’s all right I would like just a little clarification on your answers to Eyes’ questions.

When you write that you will vote anyone who gets a prod or who you’ve seen on-line 3x without posting are you indicating a willingness to policy lynch or a pressure tactic aimed at getting the lurker to contribute?

I’m a little concerned about your answer to Eyes’ second question because it both signals a possible unwillingness to actively scumhunt and sets up a false expectation that if you should be inactive it is an indication that you are town.

It also concerns me a little because it seems to be in direct contradiction to your third answer. You have indicated that you are likely to lurk as town because being town is boring. But if someone else lurks you intend to vote for them as at least a personal policy. Can you reconcile these two positions?

Thank you for any answers.

Oh, and Magna…2/9 = 3/12, right?
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:18 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Coventry wrote:Eyes, I’m sorry but now I am beginning to feel a little discomfited by your behavior.

When I played Mafia regularly I often saw scum identify players who they believed were easy to push into fits of bad behavior and ride them until that person became an inevitable (mis)lynch. I just saw it again, in the very first game I replaced into.

Another thing I am generally suspicious of is what seems like a deliberately false or misleading case.

First, literally 50% of DarkCoffee’s posts had not alluded to being in a game with jilynne. Two of five posts had as of the first time you brought it up. Three of nine posts had at the point where you made the claim, the third because DarkCoffee was answering you.

This wouldn’t bother me a lot except that you listed DarkCoffee’s random vote for Jilyenne as part of your list of his posts that “allude” to having been in a game with Jilyenne before, as well as his two posts which actually did.

So I have two questions for you, if you would be so kind as to answer them:

You have clearly read a game in which DarkCoffee was provoked into quitting as town. So do you believe that provoking him in the way you have (and please don’t claim that you weren’t, because no simple search for information requires you to tell someone you’re not their “expletive kindergarten teacher”, for just one example) is beneficial to town? If so, please explain in what way.
First of all, I'd like to attest AGAIN that I was NOT singling him out or provoking him. If I'm not allowed to get a mite defensive when someone REPEATEDLY calls me an asshole, I don't know what to think. I'm NOT an asshole. I'm AWESOME! :D What I was doing in my ORIGINAL post regarding Dark was prod him for information he neglected to share with the rest of town (why he got deja vu over her response to my no-lynch answer). He took it as me outright accusing him of buddying and got immediately defensive as a result...to the point of calling me an asshole 3? times...and being very disrespectful in the process. When in reality, I was ONLY after information..which was made apparent from not only the posts in question, but the posts following where I actually relay my metagame findings to the rest of town. I admit, the kindergarten teacher line might have been a tad over the line, but he'd made it clear that he's just NOT interested in anything I had to say, and I found that to be not only closed-minded, but very immature. I wanted to let him know that while I'm not going to single him out and bully him out of the game, I'm not going to walk on thin-ice so to speak when I post about or to him. Add to that the fact that he'd been calling me an asshole, and you get my defensive response, expletive and all.

What was your thinking in producing the list of quotes that accompanied your “literally 50%” accusation?
"literally 50%" wasn't literal at all, but an exaggeration designed to prod him into sharing with the class...which he refused to do. The posts were selected as a demonstration, not to be taken as any sort of proof of any sort of accusation. I was not accusing him of anything, and I wasn't trying to build a case against him based on those posts. Those posts were selected because they involved both he and Jily, and were meant to show that it was obvious at that point that they'd been in a game together, and that he had information that he wasn't sharing. That's all.

Thank you for any answers you provide.
My pleasure! :D
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:29 am

Post by StefanB »

Viscera:
Can you please not answer in the quote himself. Okay your post is not too dificult to read but I have seen to horrible posts like that, that this is kind of a phobia of me.

Coventry: Mathfail is Mathfail.
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 am

Post by verydark »

VisceraEyes wrote:Okay everyone, I prefer to start things off with a questioning phase instead of random votes, as random votes lead to random OMGUS and random suspicions that are otherwise very pointless and very avoidable.

A lot of good this has done, I'm ALREADY seeing OMGUS behavior. It's inevitable, dude.

jilynne1991 wrote:

Whoa there lady. I can't wait for you to vote for
anyone
with only
that
as your argument. You might as well vote for me now, because I frequently "lurk" on the forums when I'm at work, but post when I get home.

I
loved
this response to your absurd statement.

StefanB wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:

Any other policy you wan't to share, where you can vote someone without calling them scummy? I have seen people getting prods that were very active in games normally and clearly not lurking.

Anyways...

I LOL at people posting their "Top Scum Pick" or are
already
accusing people of being scum. I personally have nothing to base an argument on currently, other than a lot of flared tempers and pointless bickering.

Oh, and one more note. One of my
biggest
pet peeves on here are
GIANT WALLS OF TEXT
. Please paraphrase or summarize, and also remove all the irrelevant text from your quotes. I don't need to re-read an entire 3 paragraphs of quoted text that were in the post immediately before yours when you're only responding to a single sentence.
The "Preview" button is your friend.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:53 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. You’ve basically asked three Game Theory questions that have no ‘right’ answer per se. What scum-hunting can spring from this? I see you later use the word ‘tone’ as something you appear to think can be used to find scum. Please explain this also.

The questions were designed to force anyone who answers them to take an early stance on common grievances people have with others leading to calling them scummy later in the game. Tone is also helpful to that end. For example, say someone is VEHEMENTLY against active lurkers, but suddenly in the middle of d3, PlayerX is very obviously actively lurking. That's a contradiction/inconsistency that deserves mention. Obviously circumstances are going to be subjective, but the premise is sound. I'm forcing them to say one thing so that later if they act differently, we can reference these answers.

2. What sort of Mafia background do you have / what sort of games did you play previous? Did you come from an environment where scum-hunting was very Power-Role heavy?

I learned to play mafia on the Team Liquid forums, where the games generally follow a 48hr day / 24hr night cycle...so the games were ever-so-slightly faster-paced. But you appear to be asking if I come from EpicMafia :P I've played on EpicMafia, but I found it to be full of trolls and I HATE how no-lynch is THE policy d1 (specifically because they're so dependent on PRs to do the heavy lifting.)

3. If you are Town your responses give scum every indication that they can lurk and generally under-perform and get away with it. Any reason why you would specifically give this information away immediately as Town?

I was just trying to answer my own questions honestly. If scum want to try and lurk to victory, I invite them to try...most everyone who's posted so far appears to know better. I'm not going to SPECIFICALLY call out people if I don't see a response from them every, say, 24 hours...but I'm also not going to turn a blind eye to people who appear to be ACTIVELY lurking either. I volunteered this information to the town in the vein of transparency.

Please explain the following –

1. How in a 12 player game with 3 scum are the odds of randomly hitting scum is 2/9 and not 3/12?

I'm simultaneously playing a Newbie Game...forgive my mix-up. This wasn't an intentional mistake designed to mislead town, if that's what you're implying :P

2. Do you believe that no scum-hunting via dayplay is possible Day 1? I can show you many examples of scum lynched Day 1 based on dayplay and not Power Roles.

No, I don't believe that we won't see any scumhunting day 1. Do I think it's possible that we won't be able to come to an agreement about who to lynch, to the point of there being no clear lynch candidate? Absolutely. Is it likely? Probably not. You seem very concerned about people depending on the power roles doing all the work...which speaks to me that you yourself have EpicMafia background where that is RAMPANT. I can assure you, for my part, I don't need permission from a power-role to find someone suspicious. I'm willing to use any advantage we have over Mafia, as they've got the GREATEST advantage by default...but no, this game is about interactions, logic and behavioral analysis. PRs are just a part of this.

You may have tripped on of my personal scum-tells. I eagerly await your response.

Viscera wrote:Yes, Jazz, we get it...you were in a game with Jilyenne before. Perhaps you could expand on your comment...maybe, explain why it gives you Deja Vu for the rest of us who weren't IN that game...
instead of appearing to buddy with her right off the bat by sharing a little inside chuckle?

I’m really interested in the bolded. I’m curious why you thought DCJ’s 27 is a buddying play. It looks to me like a note of suspicion to me at first blush.

I didn't think that. I was prodding him for information by suggesting it, but at no point did I actually think he was buddying here.

Jily was scum that game. I don’t see where you make any allusions to DCJ’s aligment in that game in 36 … you simply say that he ‘rage-quit’. I myself did dig enough to see that DCJ’s slot was Town.

DCJ's alignment was irrelevant to the discussion at the time. I was simply pointing out that he had information that he wasn't sharing, I asked him to share it, he didn't. I pointed out that Jily was scum in that game because it felt at the time that he was trying to attribute scumminess to my stance on no-lynch because Jily was scum in the game she suggested it. Yes, DCJ was town in that game...and he played a pretty good Town game for the most part. But he also got overly heated and rage-quit when a player or two pushed him over the edge.

Viscera wrote:I still haven't heard from Verydark on my little survey. Your input is invaluable sir.

Pop-quiz … you haven’t heard from me or at least 4 others (who have yet to actually post at all when you wrote this). Why single Verydark out?

Patience...one at a time sir, one at a time. I single VeryDark out first because I hate his avatar...really, who uses nothing but WORDS in their PICTURE?! I just noticed that he'd posted, but hadn't posted again. Nothing else.

Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:54 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@verydark
Get over it...with me, the writing is almost ALWAYS on the wall. :P
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:09 am

Post by StefanB »

Verydark: And how do you come from nothink to somethink?
Also, OMGUS? What is your definition of it? If you take the wikidefinition, it hasn't happened yet.
So you think it is better to keep a random vote on a player, who hasn't posted, than voting someone for beeing scummy? The sooner you start to play the better, if you are town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”