[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:37 am

Post by bobsnox »

UNVOTE: Yonzy
VOTE: KKN

Not a fan of his 95 and his vote is bad at this point (even though I think Yonzy is scummy). His justification has expired.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I'm not a fan of avasthearties play so far.

el simo wrote:Why do you think I was asking him the question? I wanted more clarity before I brought it up. I realize now I misunderstood him.

Correct me if I'm wrong. You asked HezLucky the question, then, before HezLucky had responded, I asked you who you suspect. You voted HezLucky and explained your point before HezLucky answered your question. If I'm correct, why did you wait until after I asked about your suspicions before you voted? I might be a little bit confused.

el simo wrote:If I follow their very detailed thought process which they clearly laid out for us, I'd say they think you are Yonzy's partner, guiding him?

If you're right, then that would explain why they believe Yonzy is my scumbuddy, but it doesn't explain why they think I'm scum. Horrifying Hero called me scum before calling Yonzy scum.

LobsterCatapult wrote:also, we may not be out of rqs, but what is everyone's experience here on MS? like how many completed games has everyone had?

I've been on MS for about two and a half years and I have... 24 completed games.

YankCane151 wrote:The fact that Dizzy hasn't posted is irrelevant. Dizzy did confirm, yet hasn't made a random vote. You didn't answer the question there.

It isn't irrelevant. I questioned Yonzy because he made a post in the RVS that didn't have a random vote. Dizzy never made any posts in the RVS so if I were to question him I would just be asking him why he hasn't been posting. And for all I know, Dizzy would have cast a random vote if he had made a post outside of the RVS.
bobsnox wrote:I feel like an idiot but I must've pulled someone else's ISO up and thought it was his. I don't see anything scummy in his ISO upon review.

Whose ISO did you read instead?

Kid Know Nothing wrote:To see who over reacted to it first. Easy.

So do you suspect Yonzy and why? Also, what do you consider an overreaction and what does a player overreacting to your vote say about that player's allignment?

I like both YankCane151 and ConfidAnon's reaction to my suspicions of them. Also, I'm no longer interested in arguing with them at this point (I'm aware that I seem to be beating a dead horse and if I continued questioning them I don't think it would get us anywhere).

I think that I will, instead,
Unvote. Vote: tarsonisocelot
. I'll explain later.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:43 am

Post by HezLucky »

KKN wrote:And everyone but me is scum until they die, guilty until proven innocent. Some more than others. Page four hasn't separated the others yet, but its starting.

That's ... great. I certainly hope some people are more scum than others though.

ConfidAnon wrote:Fuck it.

I rewrote each section of that post, pretty much, because I AM FRUSTRATED. But you know what? I can guarantee that if I would have left it the other way, everyone would have cried AtE and voted me anyway. So fuck, I'm done. I'll just ignore posts related to voting me for now on, and focus on everything else. (This plan probably won't work for me, but I can at least try, right?)

This game . . . fadjks;vmkldz,x.zcx,vja;fkgjraeiogj;f

Who do you think is mafia so far?

tarsonisocelot wrote:I'm not sure how differently mafia whining about being wagoned for playstyle and townie frustration over being wagoned for playstyle are supposed to present. Could you clarify the differences between them (preferably but not necessarily with reference to this game)?

Do you know the difference between whining and being frustrated? One has a hint of anger towards it, and it's not the former.

bobsnox wrote:Not a fan of his 95 and his vote is bad at this point (even though I think Yonzy is scummy). His justification has expired.

Can you elaborate on his 95? I may be missing something.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

UNVOTE: VOTE: Kid Know Nothing... suspicious vote without explanation on Yonzy is suspicious. Please explain, will you?

To see who over reacted to it first. Easy.

So now that I have questioned you about it, why are you keeping your vote up without justification? You are voting to put someone to death without providing reasoning for why you think they are scum. If that up there was your only reason for the vote, then why continue to have an unproductive vote up?

unvote: Vote Avasthearties

For that exact reason. There was more to react to. Yonzy was at two votes, safely five away from a lynch. Do you believe that a vote has to just mean a call to lynch? What about the vote is suspicious, besides the lack of explanation.

@Wicked; I chose yonzy for the no explanation vote for a comment I saw about not reading shorter posts. Settled with me the wrong way but it's hardly worth lynching over. So the vote went unexplained, to get information on two fronts. The first being pressure on yonzy and the second to catch an overreaction. Judging an overreaction to me is intuition. To explain in this instance, Yonzy was at two votes, mine being the second. Hardly close to a lynch. When Avas voted me for being 'suspicious' it seemed off.

Yonzy wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:

Yonzy, why no random vote?

I have more to say in a few minutes.

I didnt know RVS stage was still on lol
Vote: Kid Know Nothing

Wickedestjr wrote:I'm going to
Unvote. Vote: ConfidAnon
for this:
ConfidAnon wrote:
el simo wrote:Scum, I've been town every game on this account, it's getting fustrating.
By lining us up in a suspect line and getting an old lady to pick.

The first line seems a little off. It smells slightly like an off-handed comment to make us feel like simo is town using slight AtE. It's not a lynch-worthy case at this point, but it's a better than random vote.

Also, you'd seriously trust an old lady? Her eyesight is probably terrible!

UNVOTE: Horrible Hero
VOTE: el simo

Firstly, the point he uses against el simo seems really weak/invalid. I don't see how saying he's been town in all of his other games is meant to imply he's town this game. Secondly, there's no reason for him to add the phrase "It's not a lynch-worthy case at this point, but better than an RV." unless he's scum giving himself room to backpedal. Finally, he adds a jokey reason to his vote despite already having a serious reason. The vote feels off.

Imo it seemed liek a legit reason to vote El simo.. I would've done the same thing, and even if it wasn't, he had reason for his suspicion.. so there's really no need to vote him.

HezLucky wrote:
Yes I can. Most people in this game have had a little bit of fun and randomness to your answers, but YankCane seems to think he'll get town cred by answering them completely seriously. There's no attempt to joke around by him, meaning he likely sees it as a risk. Furthermore, his sentence "Regarding the Miller claim" adds nothing substantial to this game, while making it seem like he is doing some early analysis.

I'd think that if most people answered with fun and randomness, then he wouldnt really see an attempt to joke as risky.

btww im ignoring the small posts soo if my points are repetitive thats why.

Just this post in general, which has already been commented on, is deserving of pressure in some form. First of all; I won't even get into the 'rvs' vote. Second; If CA's point was valid and he
would've
done the same thing, why did he choose to do a random vote over a vote on El Simo, who he felt had a valid point against him? Third; How is it pro-town to
ever
ignore a post? No matter how small?

@Hex; Of course they are. It was my way of saying I don't trust anyone anymore. Long story short; trusted someone who was 'clear' once, got screwed for it. Never again. Only the dead are truly town.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 am

Post by el simo »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:And everyone but me is scum until they die, guilty until proven innocent. Some more than others. Page four hasn't separated the others yet, but its starting.

What is the point of this off hand comment? How is this going to help us catch scum? Why say something like this when it has no relevance to the current game content? Really trying to look town aren't ya?

+ scumies for KKN!

unvote: vote Kid Know Nothing

Wickedestjr wrote:I'm not a fan of avasthearties play so far.

el simo wrote:Why do you think I was asking him the question? I wanted more clarity before I brought it up. I realize now I misunderstood him.

Correct me if I'm wrong. You asked HezLucky the question, then, before HezLucky had responded, I asked you who you suspect. You voted HezLucky and explained your point before HezLucky answered your question. If I'm correct, why did you wait until after I asked about your suspicions before you voted? I might be a little bit confused.

I just wanted to show him that I had intent, that my question had an aim.

LobsterCatapult wrote:also, we may not be out of rqs, but what is everyone's experience here on MS? like how many completed games has everyone had?

Been on the site since about 2006, have had about 4 accounts, one of which I can't remember. No idea what my total game count would be.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:41 am

Post by bobsnox »

Wicked - honestly I don't know. I should've been recording things as I saw them but I didn't this early in the game. Probably one of those other ones I listed.

Hez - it seems contrived
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

@mod, i will be V/LA from 7/20 till 7/25.
also is dizzle still in this game??
id rather not be replaced out, i will try to post during this time.

lol bobsnox. i was actually wanting to see you follow up with why you felt i was scummy. im sad you somehow mistaken Zhen Ji for some other, obviously inferior avatar, or perhaps my name, which is equally disheartening :cry: .

barf on you avasthearties. :o i thought i didnt like your vote, but you did follow up with bobsnox on me....ill let you be.

eh. not feeling the KKN wagon.

unvote
vote:horrifying hero

still not liking confidon, but hey, this looks like more fun.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

So what do you guys think about tarsonisocelot?
-Wickedestjr
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

Wickedestjr wrote:So what do you guys think about tarsonisocelot?

needs to post more. i dont see what you have against him right now. he is still parked on his rvs vote, but nothing pinging scumdars for me. i rather liked his response to hezlucky's post since i didnt really like hez's vote too much anyway (even though we were both on confidon) much more scumminess going on besides him. *needs to reread elsimo for example*

you said you'd supply your reasons for voting him. why are you asking us for our opninions before you post yours? :neutral:

i'm not sure if im digging the "ill show you mine,....after you will hopefully show me yours" post here. this isn't 8th grade 7 minutes in heaven.

why dont you like avast?
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

I don't see anything particularly either way from Tarson.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 pm

el simo wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:And everyone but me is scum until they die, guilty until proven innocent. Some more than others. Page four hasn't separated the others yet, but its starting.

What is the point of this off hand comment? How is this going to help us catch scum? Why say something like this when it has no relevance to the current game content? Really trying to look town aren't ya?

+ scumies for KKN!

unvote: vote Kid Know Nothing

LobsterCatapult wrote:@KKN, if frustration isnt townie, what do you think of the response to the rqs questions then?
do you think im scum?

It wasn't off hand. It was relevant.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 am

Post by el simo »

Nonsense, he asked you if you thought he was personally scum, you avoided answering his question and made a general statement about everyone.

You said so yourself, some more than others, so how much more or less do you think of Lobseter?
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:19 am

el simo wrote:Nonsense, he asked you if you thought he was personally scum, you avoided answering his question and made a general statement about everyone.

You said so yourself, some more than others, so how much more or less do you think of Lobseter?

None yet. He's about as null as most. Right now my focus is Yonzy and Avas.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

LobsterCatapult wrote:you said you'd supply your reasons for voting him. why are you asking us for our opninions before you post yours?

I want to see who agreed with me and could explain why without parroting my reasoning.

LobsterCatapult wrote:why dont you like avast?

He voted KKN in post 76 just because he didn't give a reason for his Yonzy vote. Not really a strong point and it feels like he was going after an easy target at that point.

I'll explain my suspicion of tarsonisocelot once a few other players have given their thoughts on him.
-Wickedestjr
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

HezLucky wrote:Who do you think is mafia so far?

It's still early in the game, but right now my top suspect is probably Horrifying Hero.

UNVOTE: el simo
VOTE: Horrifying Hero

He hasn't posted much (only twice, if I recall) . . . but they seem like they are just trying to stay out of the way of the game, while being there to make HH appear active. I know this hydra account is controlled by two experienced players, so it's weird that they haven't added anything to the discussion.

And since I feel like someone's going to ask about this, this vote is more serious than the el simo vote.

Kid Know Nothing wrote:Just this post in general, which has already been commented on, is deserving of pressure in some form. First of all; I won't even get into the 'rvs' vote. Second; If CA's point was valid and he would've done the same thing, why did he choose to do a random vote over a vote on El Simo, who he felt had a valid point against him? Third; How is it pro-town to ever ignore a post? No matter how small?

These are good points.
FoS: avasthearties

I don't see anything either way for tars.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Y'know what. I really like the HH bandwagon- even better than my tarsonisocelot vote.
Unvote. Vote: Horrifying Hero

My reasons:
-They've stated two suspicions but haven't explained either of them and haven't made any effort to convince others to follow their vote for me.
-They haven't posted a lot recently. This is especially strange considering they were pretty active the day the game started.
-They are a miller. That, itself, isn't suspicious, but a miller's allignment can't be determined via cop investigation. So we determine their allignment based solely on their play during the day. Horrifying Hero, however, is giving us hardly anything to work with. They're playing with their cards too close to their chest. That isn't the way that a miller should be playing this game.

I still suspect tarsonisocelot, but I'm not explaining why until 2-3 more players post in the thread.
-Wickedestjr
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Horrifying Hero »

Oh, if you think we're scum now, just wait until you hear this! :D

Unclaim

Horrifying Hero wrote:
F
irst off, this is a hydra of mastin and ateralus22 in case
A
nyone's unaware.
K
ool, we're both slightly unsure of how we'll be posting (either as one entity or two individuals signing posts, we'll figure it out as we go along.)

btw.
Role Claim: Miller

E
veryone, rvs is now over.

~Lat
Note that F, A, K, and E are the only caps in that post minus the claim itself.
Hydra: Mastin/Lateralus22
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:12 pm

By the way, main reason we haven't been posting stuff, is we're observing things. Looking for the final scum. :)

btw, KKN wagon needs to die. As does any attempt at a avasthearties or tarsonis wagon--they're both town. ;)

oh, and some of our reads, for the curious.
STRONG TOWN: Hez
TOWN: Lobster
El simo

SCUM:
Wicked
Yonzy

We're still looking for the final scum.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Wickedestjr wrote:Y'know what. I really like the HH bandwagon- even better than my tarsonisocelot vote.
Unvote. Vote: Horrifying Hero

My reasons:
-They've stated two suspicions but haven't explained either of them and haven't made any effort to convince others to follow their vote for me.
-They haven't posted a lot recently. This is especially strange considering they were pretty active the day the game started.
-They are a miller. That, itself, isn't suspicious, but a miller's allignment can't be determined via cop investigation. So we determine their allignment based solely on their play during the day. Horrifying Hero, however, is giving us hardly anything to work with. They're playing with their cards too close to their chest. That isn't the way that a miller should be playing this game.

I still suspect tarsonisocelot, but I'm not explaining why until 2-3 more players post in the thread.

So I read the third point and it really hit home. I did my own ISO of Horrible Hero, who has given us very little in terms of, well, anything. However, the first thing I noticed was that the Mastin hydra is V/LA from July 16 to 22. It's not July 22 yet. How much of this is attributable to that fact? (I am unfamiliar with either hydra head)

Doing a quick meta on lateralus' playstyle yields:
- A quick lookover Newbie 1245 shows that he is more than capable of giving us a decent analysis. Alignment: Town
- Hell, he does it as mafia too. Look at Newbie 970.
(lateralus seems to replace both in and out of a lot of games, so I tried to find some where he was playing throughout. Care to comment on this, lateralus? One somewhat recurring feature is that you give your analysis upon replacing in and then become useless the rest of the game. When, exactly, do you plan on being useful here?)

In conclusion, his meta is frustrating me. I've never seen someone as flaky as him, and I would like to hear what his other head says as well.

EBWOP: He just posted two things. Okay, whatever. I'm still posting the above anyway.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Horrifying Hero wrote:Oh, if you think we're scum now, just wait until you hear this! :D

Unclaim

Horrifying Hero wrote:
F
irst off, this is a hydra of mastin and ateralus22 in case
A
nyone's unaware.
K
ool, we're both slightly unsure of how we'll be posting (either as one entity or two individuals signing posts, we'll figure it out as we go along.)

btw.
Role Claim: Miller

E
veryone, rvs is now over.

~Lat
Note that F, A, K, and E are the only caps in that post minus the claim itself.

The question I have to ask: why?

Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Horrifying Hero wrote:By the way, main reason we haven't been posting stuff, is we're observing things. Looking for the final scum. :)

btw, KKN wagon needs to die. As does any attempt at a avasthearties or tarsonis wagon--they're both town. ;)

oh, and some of our reads, for the curious.
STRONG TOWN: Hez
TOWN: Lobster
El simo

SCUM:
Wicked
Yonzy

We're still looking for the final scum.

What did you learn through the fake claim?
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Hez wrote:How much of this is attributable to that fact?
Virtually zero. The Mastin half of us has internet for ~8 hours a day, albeit on a super-slow dial-up. Those hours just happen to be in the middle of the night.

The question I have to ask: why?
Why not? ;)

(Serious answer--to catch scum. And Wicked = caught scum. :) )

KKN wrote:What did you learn through the fake claim?
The alignment of almost the entire playerlist, naturally. :D
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by bobsnox »

How is Wicked confscum now?
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Quite frankly, the better question to ask is how ISN'T he?
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

If we're going off gut reads, I can attest that something seems off about Wicked. I get kind of the vibe that he's trying to hard to look town or something, but I can't put real logic behind it at the moment.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”