Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:05 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Seventh

A lynch has been reached.

4nxi3ty (3): Johhog, Stels, ConSpiracy

Johhog (1): 4nxi3ty
Not Voting (1): AeRyung

I apologize for the absence of flavor that is to follow, all I can say in my defense is that it is early, I have a long day of work, and I am completely uncaffeinated at the moment. :P If proper flavor is desired, I am more than happy to write some later today. But I figured y'all were more interested in learning who won. :)

4nxi3ty,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was lynched Day Three.

This leaves a 2-2 split between the Mafia and Town factions. Ergo...

Stels,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was endgamed Day Three.
AeRyung,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was endgamed Day Three.

A win condition has been reached. The MAFIA faction of CONSPIRACY (MAFIA GOON) and JOHHOG (MAFIA ROLECOP) is victorious with a flawless scum victory! Congratulations!

The full setup, list of night actions, and the mod's thoughts (such as they are) are forthcoming in the next post.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:09 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Setup

Mafia Rolecop: Johhog
Mafia Goon: ConSpiracy
Town-Aligned Doctor: Morthas
Town-Aligned Jailkeeper: Ghostlin
Vanilla Townspeople: AeRyung, 4nxi3ty, hiplop, Stels, theamatuer

The complete Role PMs are in the OP material.

Night Actions

Night One
ConSpiracy shoots Hiplop (successful)
Johhog rolecops Morthas (successful)
Morthas protects Johhog (successful, and ironic)

Night Two
ConSpiracy shoots Morthas (successful)
Johhog rolecops Stels (successful, and for, I quote, “the lulz”)
Morthas protects AeRyung (successful, but moot)

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/MDYj7ge74d2v7

The scum can release their QT if they so choose. Of course, I encourage them to do so.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:17 am

Post by theamatuer »

Gg scum
Man that last part was so close
Its just whatever
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Johhog »

I have nothing against releasing the QT. Is it OK for you CS?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

This was an interesting game to watch for a variety of reasons. The mafia faction had an experienced and extremely skilled player with ConSpiracy, and Johhog replacing in was likewise a boost for their side, I think, and town never quite caught up after lynching Ghostlin.

PRs played a huge role in this game. Johhog successfully rolecopped the only remaining PR on N1, and hiplop was killed in part because scum thought they saw a cop crumb from Ibarra, hiplop's predecessor. In the PR arena, scum used theirs extremely well, while Morthas was hit-and-miss--protecting Johhog obviously was a mistake, but if I were Morthas, I also would have protected AeRyung on N2.

I didn't quite understand how Ghosty got lynched on D1. Lynching claimed PRs on D1 is a risky business anyways (I personally prefer to let them live and then policy lynch them before LyLo if they aren't otherwise cleared), and when Ghosty claimed, I felt like somebody on the wagon should have backed off.

D2 was meh...AeRyung was dead on the money with CS = scum, but this was a good instance of a townie being right and not having the following to get her lynch preference eliminated.

LyLo was tough to watch--I thought town started out the day relatively well, but all the momentum and energy seemed to sap out of it as the day went on. This was most notable in AeRyung's play--she played a strongly obvtown game (exactly what you're supposed to do as VT) on D1 and D2, but her absences on D3 left the town without a strong collective townread to rely on, I think.

I know CS kept a running account of his thoughts to himself that he let me have access to (via PM), and if he decides to make that material available, there is some good stuff there too.

Finally, the sheer number of replacements also hurt the town, I think. A few replacements here and there can actually help the town, IMO, because it means a fresh set of eyes that the scum have to deceive, but too many replacements can prevent town from getting in a groove, and I think that happened here, whereas the scum only had to contend with one replacement (Johhog), and he replaced in fairly ably.

Please feel free to offer any feedback, positive or negative, about my modding. I greatly enjoy modding, and I def enjoyed modding this game. I plan to re-enter the mod queue again soon and will keep an eye out for y'all. A good game to everyone, and congratulations again to Johhog and CS.

Edit: It ended up being a moot point (because paradox replaced out), but at the scumteam's request, I gave them 48 hours instead of 24 hours of pre-game access to their QT, and I totally forgot to change the wording of the PMs to reflect that. Derp on me.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:53 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

In post 848, Johhog wrote:
In post 846, ConSpiracy wrote:
unvote: Johhog
vote: 4nxi3ty

Stels, please be quicker with the quicklynch next time. There's a reason it isn't called a slowlynch.

I love you. I hope you did not take offence with my cursing on you Day 3, I was trying to make it look like I was really mad at getting caught (because I thought I would get lynched in the end).

So now I've desperately tried to delay the game the last days, as I was afraid AeRyung would vote me (and she probably would've too in a day or so). One question though CS, why did you put your vote on me during Day 3? I was almost punching my screen in rage when you did that. Stels said he would vote 4nxi3ty after your response, but when you voted me we went through the risk that AeRyung would quicklynch me. Was you going for towncred, or what?

Btw, good game everyone.

Off course I didn't take offence of you being mad at me. It was all part of the game.
Your delayance of the game drove me nuts, actually. I was purposely lurking a lot because the only way we could win D3 was you cross voting 4nx. I would get too much suspicion crossvoting Stels, as you were my "main" target. And I didn't want to vote you first, as a Johhog-CS crossvote would mean one of us would be lynched. I voted you, because I had delayed my vote for you too long already. I was scared Stels would notice it and change her vote. Note that I said that I would vote yesterday as well. I had to take the risk, I rather have a win then a possible perfect win/lose.

anyways, I liked us two playing together. It was wonderful.
In post 853, Johhog wrote:I have nothing against releasing the QT. Is it OK for you CS?

Sure

Dead QT is a wonderful read.

I will do a player analysis as soon as possible, but that most likely will be sunday.
Also I will post my 3 part diary I made during day 3, because of the stalling. (If DY wants to post it earlier, I am fine with that)
And some other things that I wanted to say.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:26 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

awesome flavour too bad there wasn't another day.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Johhog »

I feel bad for Stels. Was you really so sure on me being town that you appeared to be?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Stels »

No, remember the gut? I wasn't sure, hence the can't decide between johhog and cs parts. Anxiety just pushed it with his last posts, so I was set on him. Last impressions are important, you know?
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Stels »

@Johhog: second the playing as scum. I hate it, I always get caught.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:22 am

Post by theamatuer »

Though the fact scum didn't quickhammer meant that Johhog was probably more scum than anx
Its just whatever
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 849, Johhog wrote:And I absolutely hate playing as scum, as I'm playing at least 5 times better as town. Glad we got rid of hiplop, he would've caught me in the end I think.

I thought me being NK'd night one should have sent off a BUNCH of bells to you! It was definitely a risky move, but I guess no one really picked up on our past

I'm impressed by your play in this game though hoggy ( :igmeou: )! Good job

Conspiracy had me fooled when I was alive, very very well. Props!
third best scummer of all time
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Where do you mean?
Its just whatever
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Johhog »

In post 861, hiplop wrote:
In post 849, Johhog wrote:And I absolutely hate playing as scum, as I'm playing at least 5 times better as town. Glad we got rid of hiplop, he would've caught me in the end I think.

I thought me being NK'd night one should have sent off a BUNCH of bells to you! It was definitely a risky move, but I guess no one really picked up on our past

I'm impressed by your play in this game though hoggy ( :igmeou: )! Good job

Conspiracy had me fooled when I was alive, very very well. Props!

Thanks!

The kill on you was however not because of our past but because of Ibarra's breadcrumb. Was good for me though.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by AeRyung »

I pretty much suspected you two the most out of everyone, but I wasn't able to make a good enough argument or sufficient posts to convince everyone that you two were scum. Also, the fact that I started doubting myself once day three game, school, lack of time, etc. You are lucky u scummy scums! BAH! I should have put that vote down. Because after johhog's lynch, I was determined to come after CS because I already knew CS was scum, and he was just gaining towncred by attacking johhog. FML! I doubted myself way too much and played way too passive especially at the end.

ANYWAYS, congrats to you both! I gotta hand it to CS though, it was hard to put up a case against you. You had almost everyone convinced that you were town.

MOD: thank you, you were wonderful
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Morthas »

Dang it, my first PR and I lose it. Why was I nk'd?
Capitalism, ho
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:12 am

Post by theamatuer »

Successful rolecop
Its just whatever
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Morthas »

I forgot to mention,
Mod: You are my favorite mod so far. Thank you <3.
Capitalism, ho
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Thanks for the kind feedback, folks. :) Had a lot of fun with this game, thanks for playing.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Spoiler: CS diary
CS diary part 1:

1. The night kill was the worst kill we could have done. Morthas was the PR, that's true. But with Morthas we had a very good mislynch. The doc claim wouldn't have helped him to save his lynch most likely and the mafia would have won. However, because of the doc claim and me not being around to discuss it with Johhog, there is no way scum will be able to have a perfect win.

2. The situation in this LyLo is interesting. If we make a list of who every one suspects to be scum it would be:
Stels: CS-anx
AeR: CS-Joh
anx: Joh-CS(/Stels)
CS: Joh-Stels
Joh: anx-Stels
This shows us that the only way that we are able to win this is if I am going to be mislynched. However, I am curious as to how anx's read is at the moment. I am waiting for his read, I want to try and convince him that CS-Joh isn't possible to secure the win. If I find out enough evidence for that, I think I can vote for Johhog. That way the votecount will soon end in (hopefully) this:
CS (2): Johhog, AeRyung
Johhog (2): CS, 4nx
A more ideal situation would be when Stels votes for me earlier so AeR seems to become the confirmed town, but that situation is less likely.
Anyways, this way we can pretend the two scum-teams to be different, as the votecount says: CS-4nx and Joh-Stels. That way, if (or rather) when I am lynched, Johhog can kill AeR and have a three way LyLo with Stels-4nx voting each other.

Anyways, I am just waiting on 4nx a bit more and aside from that am stalling to vote because I don't want to have this seem fake. It is crucial that I vote later on, and these damn 3 week deadlines do not help. And I hope Johhog will understand it.

CS diary part 2:

After 4nxi3ty made that case on Johhog i found another interesting piece. Namely that I convinced him that Stels-Johhog would be the scum-team in his eyes.
If that escalates far enough, I hope Johhog will understand that he should be voting 4nxi3ty soon enough. With a piece of luck Stels will vote 4nx soon after that so I can hammer him. This will only work though, if Johhog will vote 4nx first OR if 4nx because as impatient as the he was at the end of day 1. And of course if one of these two will be the first to vote, otherwise there will be no reason.
Other than that, we also have Stels who can vote me first. I have my hopes high enought that 4nx would vote Stels then, too...

Too bad that the one who wants to vote the most is the one that shouldn't vote :-/
And on top of that, too bad that I have to have Johhog as my top scum read, for scum-buddying purposes, because otherwise I could have voted Stels to make this happen myself. Oh wel, we will see. We still have 3 weeks to go and lurk the hell out of this game.

CS diary part 3:

I wanted to do this a lot of times, but lacked time to do it. I'll make it a quickee, as time is important (and this isn't really)

GODDAMMIT! 4nx, put your vote back now! That way Stels will vote earlier and I can hammer.
Seriously, everything went well when he voted that soon.
Now hope that one of the other three can tell him why a CS-Aer scumteam makes no sense at all. I'd better not do it as I coached him far too much already, It will be noticed and used as me not being his scumbuddy.

And the deadline is still dragging on and on and on...
Luckily I can use my V/La as an excuse to lurk, otherwise I wouldn't have any reason to keep my vote of Johhog.
Never had such a convenient V/La.

BTW, i will announce my V/La either tomorrow or tuesday in thread. If I do it now, I have to respond on 4nx and i simply can't do that.
So please do not say that I am V/La.

Read it or not, it may be fun to read m thoughts.

For every player in the game:

Ghostlin

I was honest when I said you weren't scummy. All right, you lacked a bit of information and opinions, but that is rather small and defenitely wasn't worthy to be lynched for. I guess you were like that for the sake of being under the radar for your PR? Anyways, you shouldn't try to do that as (as I said) I had a bit of a PR read on you as well. If that's not the case, maybe next time don't try to be a too good of an IC and you will do fine. Anyways, you are more experienced than me most likely, so there is no need for this I think.

Hiplop

Well, you didn't play bad. You had Ghostlin lynched even when he wasn't very scummy, but you were pretty townish as well. Also your precedessor (Ibarra) made a wonderful move with his breadcrumb which made you from a mislynch to a night kill. That could have gone very bad, though, so luck played a part. Anyways, next time, try to tunnel a bit less. As I said before, a PR made sense for Ghostlin. Also, it seemed a bit as if you were coaching sometimes. It is a good thing if unnoticed, but when it is noticed, you may become a suspect as it is rather scummy.

Theam

I feel sorry for you. You were such an easy mislynch that I hammered on for you until the end to have you lynched. I was lucky that hiplop did the same with Ghostlin so my doing it didn't immediately mean I was scum. I think I have said what you should do next. Try to keep away from WIFOM, try to voice your opinions a bit more and ask others questions to know what they think about things. That way you will become a good player.

Morthas

Hmm. Not sure what to say. You played extremely par, not good but not bad either. Because of your PR you lurked (at least I hope it was because of your PR) and didn't have good reads. However those are a lot more important than a doc who succesfully protects someone just 50% of the games. (That's nothing as you'll have MyLo then) Well, I guess you know what was wrong.

4nxi3ty

I have never seen a newbie played so much as a professional. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not, as your playstyle is the most annoying one of the game. Some times being purposely anti-town and very pushy in things and making bold statements. However, if you learn the game a bit more, you'll be a very good player as this way of playing is usually the recipe of success. Learn a bit how LyLo works is my tip and with everything else you will do fine!

Stels

Unlucky Stels. You have been wrong all over the game (Ghostlin, Theam, Morthas, Johhog, 4nxi3ty). I have a bit of a feeling you let others influence yourself in what they say. It seemed like you followed (as was my small case on you) both me and hiplop at start and you didn't do much yourself. A bit of activity and effort in the game should give wonders. However, as you are IC eligible yourself, I think you know what you did wrong.

AeRyung

You were a good scumhunter. Though you thought I was scum at start for the wrong reasons, you had me as scum all day long. At the end Johhog was suspected to be scum as well and you nailed all of the scum team on day 3. On top of that everybody had you as town. However, the major part of what went wrong with you is that you didn't push your own reads. Nobody actually listened to you (apart form Johhog, who didn't want to stand out as my buddy) because you did nothing with it. For example, if you had answered my reasons why your case on me was crap, I would have been lynched day 3. (I thought that would happen) Also, your LyLo play was far too lurky. Try to put more effort in attacking your scum-reads and keep the rest.

Johhog

You were a wonderful scumpartner to play with and did very good. It was a surprise to me that you were almost the day 3 lynch and I wasn't because of the reads of every one. Well, that most likely was because of 4nxi3ty voting you. The only thing you should do better next time is to stick a bit more with your opinion and try to have them not being influenced too much by others. That way you will play a wonderful game.

DarthYoshi

Great modding. The thing at the strart of the day was a bit annoying, but I guess you were too excited to start it. Good activity and a good amount of votecounts. The replacements were found fast so that was also very enjoyable. A thing I wanted to ask, did you base this game on the reads of the newbie from Tasky? (you were IC in, I was JK) It seemed like that and there is a reason for it. VRK accidentally put me in your newbie game (when I wanted to see how ABR would play as SE). And I replaced in there. I used that game as an example of how I wanted to play in this game. As Morthas said, it is an easy play for scum, but it works (as shown).

Anyways, thanks every one for the great game!
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:37 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

aeryung was the main reason i was never totally convinced you were town, if johhog was lynched and i survived the night i would've voted you without heasitation. :D
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 869, ConSpiracy wrote:
DarthYoshi

Great modding. The thing at the strart of the day was a bit annoying, but I guess you were too excited to start it. Good activity and a good amount of votecounts. The replacements were found fast so that was also very enjoyable. A thing I wanted to ask, did you base this game on the reads of the newbie from Tasky? (you were IC in, I was JK) It seemed like that and there is a reason for it. VRK accidentally put me in your newbie game (when I wanted to see how ABR would play as SE). And I replaced in there. I used that game as an example of how I wanted to play in this game. As Morthas said, it is an easy play for scum, but it works (as shown).

Anyways, thanks every one for the great game!

Nope. The PRs included in this setup were given by VRK, and random.org chose the assignment of roles (though I must admit I was excited to see you drawing a scum slot, since I wanted to see how you'd play as scum), and even if it hadn't, it wouldn't have been possible for me to do so because I started my game during D1 of Tasky's.

In any case, I know to send the friendly-please-confirm reminder at 24 hours, not 48. :P

Thanks for the feedback, y'all.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by hiplop »

Dy you were the best mod ive had in a while :-)
third best scummer of all time
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by Johhog »

Yeah, you was good DY.

Also that's some very impressive notes CS. I loved playing with you too btw, I learnt a lot.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:14 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”