NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Because I'm here.

Check the sig, dude.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"

Yeah I see it.
Its just whatever
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 100, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Because I'm here.

Check the sig, dude.

I lol'd seriously, if spyrex didn't already have it wrapped up, i'd nom you for funniest player based on this comment
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 51, Beck wrote:
In post 38, Pine wrote:Serious note: Can someone explain the proposed lynch on DavidParker? Sounds similar to the attitudes I recall about Deity Kabuto.

Lynching DK is always the right thing to do.

In post 94, Beck wrote:So for anyone playing at home, here is why I'm voting zde
1. Suggesting a PL to begin with

According to you, Dk is someone who must be lynched as a policy lynch but suggesting a policy lynch is scummy.

Unvote
Vote Beck
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Beck »

DK isn't even in this game, but yeah if he is I'd PL him super hard

That being said, he isn't in this game so a suggested PL on player based on another game which zde tried to do, isn't going to fly. Plus he isn't going to get lynched most likely, but he absolutely deserves pressure
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Sorgster is being too serious.

gg
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 98, Zdenek wrote:
In post 96, Beck wrote:if I thought he did that as a throw away thinking nobody would really pay much attention to it than yes I could see scum make that comment, especially because there would always be somebody like you to point out that he could take heat.

for right now though he is good for some pressure, much better than the reason you are pointing out.

It's not a throwaway comment. Pops' is blathering. He's talking about how policy lynching DK is a bad move, bragging about past games as town and theorizing about what makes a good policy lynch. He accuses me of lurking when my time between posts is less than 24 hours, so he is grasping at straws trying to make me look bad. He argues that my argument for a policy lynch was weak while insisting that it must have been serious, without even considering the question: if it were serious, could it have been stronger?

One liners are lurking.

The policy lynching stuff was mostly to get people to stop waggoning eachother. There was some other policy lynch stuff getting kicked around.

Don't understand your last sentence there.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 92, Beck wrote:Pine The only thing aggressive from me is my scum hunting and i haven't distracted anyone. As for the case on zde, usually when people dont understand things, they would typically ask questions to try and understand. Clearly you have no interest in finding out the reasons or you would have asked about it already.

I don't like slandar's constant attempt to diffuse a wagon on zde, wagons are useful, this one is turning out to be useful.

What scumhunting? Please point out where you have done ANY. The case on zdenek doesn't count, because it's absolutely bullshit. Quit inflating your own usefulness.

@Slandaar: Not understanding a case isn't scummy, it's NOT UNDERSTANDING. And understood the acctual case just fine, I just find it completely weaksauce, and am at a loss to understand how it has built a wagon. Also, Jesters are verboten in Normal games.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Second

Zdenek (4): theamatuer, Hiraki, funkybike, Beck
Beck (4): Revenus, Shattered Viewpoint, Pine, Sorgster

DavidParker (2): Zel1nk, iamausername
sword_of_omens (1): SodaSpirit17
Popsofctown (1): Zdenek
SodaSpirit17 (1): Sky
theamatuer (1): Slandaar
funkybike (1): bvoigt

Not Voting (7): ThAdmiral, DavidParker, sword_of_omens, Primate, DamnFail, Jackal711, popsofctown

WITH TWENTY-TWO ALIVE, IT'S TWELVE TO LYNCH.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 2ND @ 10PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.
Last edited by chkflip on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Beck »

Who says it doesnt count? You?

I put pressure on revenues with my vote for not posting content, and he posted content.

The case on zde is valid and is essentially the only thing going on right now.

I mean we could actually quick lynch you because you aren't scum hunting and you have only focused on me, but you really aren't making a case on me but attacking me with useless buzz words.

You accuse me of being aggressive and distracting, but you dont even back up your arguments with examples. Plus you say aggressive like it's a bad thing.

Before you call my case bullshit, try making one yourself, until than you have no right to criticize my case.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 107, Pine wrote:
In post 92, Beck wrote:Pine The only thing aggressive from me is my scum hunting and i haven't distracted anyone. As for the case on zde, usually when people dont understand things, they would typically ask questions to try and understand. Clearly you have no interest in finding out the reasons or you would have asked about it already.

I don't like slandar's constant attempt to diffuse a wagon on zde, wagons are useful, this one is turning out to be useful.

What scumhunting? Please point out where you have done ANY. The case on zdenek doesn't count, because it's absolutely bullshit. Quit inflating your own usefulness.

@Slandaar: Not understanding a case isn't scummy, it's NOT UNDERSTANDING. And understood the acctual case just fine, I just find it completely weaksauce, and am at a loss to understand how it has built a wagon. Also, Jesters are verboten in Normal games.

Case on zdenek makes a lot of sense.
1.He goes for a serious policy lynch, tries backing it up, then says it was a joke
2.He immediately backs away from it after some pressure starts building up on him.

Case on Beck
My last post showed that his attack on zdenek about policy lynches was bad as he said he would do them himself if a certain person was playing.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Zdenek »

pops wrote:
One liners are lurking.

First, you accused me of lurking after I proposed the policy lynch (during that time I posted nothing), and now you're accusing me of lurking for posting one liners on page one.

pops wrote:

You're trying to attack me for making both a serious suggestion of a policy lynch and arguing it's also a weak suggestion for a policy lynch. If it was actually a serious suggestion, don't you think I'd try to make the argument a stronger, if it was possible?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Beck »

@ sorg, I still stand by it

PL in general, bad play

PL of DK in general, the best thing town can do for themselves 100% of the time.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 111, Zdenek wrote:
pops wrote:
One liners are lurking.

First, you accused me of lurking after I proposed the policy lynch (during that time I posted nothing), and now you're accusing me of lurking for posting one liners on page one.

pops wrote:

You're trying to attack me for making both a serious suggestion of a policy lynch and arguing it's also a weak suggestion for a policy lynch. If it was actually a serious suggestion, don't you think I'd try to make the argument a stronger, if it was possible?

The 2nd part doesn't make sense to me, I'll explain once pop responds first.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Revenus »

UNVOTE: beck

I've actually liked what Beck has had to say thus far.
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Sky »

UNVOTE: SodaSpirit17
VOTE: Revenus
Town lists are awful. You know who likes finding town? Scum. This is always a red flag for me when someone looks for town over scum.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

yo, catching up.

sky wrote:Town lists are awful. You know who likes finding town? Scum. This is always a red flag for me when someone looks for town over scum.

You are wrong.
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Sky »

How?
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

Because you are.

OK. Thread so far is an enormouse bundle of nullness. Zdenek's policy lynch and then retracting of said policy lynch means nothing and isn't an alignment tell. I don't like (or agree with) what he said about pops but that's a different matter, and I can somewhat understand his thinking there - it's not necessarily scummy. Beck's arguing about shit that doesn't even matter and it's distracting but not an alignment tell.

Let's start here.

Unvote

VOTE: Hiraki

I haven't liked any of his posts so far.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

iiaun wrote:ZeL1nk, how am I going to tell the difference between you and Zdenek?

You can call me Earl.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 110, sorgster wrote:
In post 107, Pine wrote:

Case on zdenek makes a lot of sense.
1.He goes for a serious policy lynch, tries backing it up, then says it was a joke
2.He immediately backs away from it after some pressure starts building up on him.

Case on Beck
My last post showed that his attack on zdenek about policy lynches was bad as he said he would do them himself if a certain person was playing.

This is the only reasonably convincing post I've seen against zdenek. Thank you, sorgster.

In post 115, Sky wrote:UNVOTE: SodaSpirit17
Town lists are awful. You know who likes finding town? Scum. This is always a red flag for me when someone looks for town over scum.

Incorrect. Town lists can be extremely useful as a way to use the process of elimination to catch scum that are on their game. If you can eliminate people from suspicion, you can focus your efforts on the remaining players.

What you're thinking of is PR-hunting. Town-hunting and PR-hunting look similar to the lazy eye, but they are quite different.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Revenus »

Exactly. Rolefishing or as you guys call it, PR hunting, is bad bad bad. Forcing claims should only come when necessary, and it's stupid for town to help scum figure out who is what power role.

Town lists on the other hand, help everyone in town scumhunt. If everyone calls a certain player town, then he's probably town. This is a situation vanillas want to be in because they force scum to shoot obvtown players.

Going around blindly as town is stupid and allows scum to roll the game. Voting me for saying that town lists are good is either way bad play by sky.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Revenus »

In post 115, Sky wrote:UNVOTE: SodaSpirit17

And scum already knows who town is you dolt.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Pine »

I'm going to tentatively label that a derpTown-slip. NewScum doesn't think like that, NewTown does - NewScum are part of the informed minority, and don't generally care think of or care about that sort of thing.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Revenus »

Yeah, from a scum perspective it doesn't make much sense, but then again, this doesn't prove him as town, since newscum also tends to find terribad reasons to vote people.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”