Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

DUNE mafia (DP mafia 1 - the game)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:39 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Restarting the thread. There is a bug in the topic tracker. Do not add this thread to Topic Tracker (in your Control Panel).

Welcome to Arrakis, the planet some people call Dune. It is a barren dessert, with huge sandworms roaming about. No-one in their right mind would want to rule here, were it not for the harvest of melange, the spice that is the most valuable commodity in the Universe.

House Harkonnen have ruled here for some time, cruelly suppressing the natives, the verocious Fremen. The emperor had not long ago for political reasons handed over the planet to House Atreides. However, with the help of the emperors soldiers, the Sardaukar, the Harkonnens have regained power, killing Duke Leto, the head of House Atreides, in the process. His wife, Lady Jessica, and their son Paul have managed to escape. The remainder of House Atreides and the Fremen will do anything they can to get rid of House Harkonnen and reclaim Dune. And there are some more or less innocent bystanders who are threatened to get caught inbetween.

As night falls over this desolate planet, the first deaths are expected....

The rules:
During the game's nights, everyone who has to do so sends me an E-mail.
Please refrain from posting game-related info in this thread during the night.
In the "morning" I announce the events of the night.
During the daytime you discuss and vote to kill someone. I will announce beforehand how many votes are required for killing. It is my prerogative to set a time limit on the voting; I will announce that at least 24 hours before the limit expires.
Under no circumstance are you allowed to show any E-mails from me or others.
Please do not discuss this game via AIM, E-mails (unless you are part of a group, and then only when it is night) or IRL....
If you are dead, you are dead. Do not post any information afterwards.
The moderator (that's me) is always right; you may not like it, but mods put a lot of effort in creating and moderating the game and their decision should be final.

It is night, send me your E-mails please............

THE LIVING (18)
Antrax
Chienfou
Corsato
CrystyB
Cubestudent
HorseriderMS
Internet stranger
JDTAY
Jesternl
Kazooish
Mikegoo
mith
Mole
Mudster
Quercitron
Soothsayer
Stile
The Master
VinnyQ
Zealot
Last edited by Dragon Phoenix on Mon May 20, 2002 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Townie
Soothsayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:48 pm

Post by Soothsayer »

Sets up hot-dog standGet your spice hot-dogs here. First three customers get theirs freeWanders over to CF stand to give all the dog pack some bones
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:32 am

Post by Corsato »

~~ Orders a Spicy Hot Dog, extra spice please ~~~~ Wonders when ChienFu will open his PortaBar ~~
unregistered
unregistered
Watcher
unregistered
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:24 am

Post by unregistered »

One hotdog, buddha style please..goes to wait in line for the portabar
ChienFou
ChienFou
Watcher
ChienFou
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:25 am

Post by ChienFou »

Sets up PortaBar; Get your Saturn 5's here Guaranteed no water content New recipe: Proof vodka; Concentrated curacao; eseence of Cointreau oil; Kummel 99%; made up with spiced camel's milk and tri-chlor-ethylene, served with a twist of lime.
You meet a higher class of scum at "The Poodle on the Park"
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:13 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

As dawn breaks, the sun starts scorching the desert world of Arakis. The inhabitants look around and find two of them missing. The Master lies in a pool of dried up blood with a poisoned dagger in his back. The dagger carries the marks of House Harkonnen, who can add one more Fremen warrior to their list of victims. A little further, a second Fremen warrior has met his untimely end. Corsato has been killed by a Fremen kris knife. You throw the two bodies in the water reclamation tank and look around for someone to lynch.... ;(ten votes for the sandworm)

THE LIVING (18)
Antrax
Chienfou
CrystyB
Cubestudent
HorseriderMS
Internet stranger
JDTAY
Jesternl
Kazooish
Mikegoo
mith
Mole
Mudster
Quercitron
Soothsayer
Stile
VinnyQ
Zealot

THE DEAD (2)
Corsato (Fremen warrior, killed by Fremen)
Master, The (Fremen warrior, killed by Harkonnens)
Last edited by Dragon Phoenix on Mon May 20, 2002 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:31 am

Post by VinnyQ »

Antrax didn't die the first nite???? ;Must be evil, QED.Vote Antrax(actually, random vote until somebody come up with something)
If you surrendered to the air, you could ride it. -- Toni Morrison
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:43 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Killing Antrax would be well and good, but isnt anyone else confused by the killings?House Harkonnen got their group kill (since they are mafia and all) and nailed The Master, thats fine and logical.Anyone care to explain how or even why the Fremen would kill one of their own (Corsato)?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Stile
Stile
Townie
Stile
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:57 am

Post by Stile »

I have some theories, they come from the books. ;Arrakis is a desert planet. ;The Fremen are desert people (that is, they live in the desert, but not in towns 'n stuff, sorta like outlaws, on the run, always moving around).In the desert, water is hard to come by (duh...). ;In the books, the Fremen have little battles sometimes (to the death), to determine who is right/wrong/better in a serious dilemma. ;The dead body of the loser is quite a commodity, containing so much precious water. ;Perhaps the Fremen people had to kill one of their own to gain the water supplies so that they have the energy needed to perform some other, hopefully helpful, function.Or perhaps on randomly determined rounds they must kill one of their own because it's part of their culture. ;Since it is in the books.Or perhaps they had to kill someone to determine who's the leader of the Fremen people.Or maybe the Fremen Warrior was separate from the Fremen and they killed him by accident. ;I don't like this one though, seems too coincidental.It's just a bunch of theories, I don't like any one of them over any other one yet, not enough information.Oh, and I think Antrax is innocent until proven guilty. ;I'm not defending him, I just think it's dumb when people accuse someone (anyone) of being mafia because they didn't die. ;It doesn't make any sense to me at all.Vote: ;QuercitronTo try and start some discussion.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:29 am

Post by Antrax »

This isn't the first mini game, so I'm not afraid to vote rather than FOS.vote: VinnyQVinny, your arguement is stupid and false. In all likeliness, you're yet, another mafia, who thought it's brilliant to keep me alive and then try feebly to get me lynched during the day. So far it was tried twice, in both times I voted for the person who made this inherently foolish vote, and he turned out to be mafia. I'm pretty sure you'll back off now, saying it was a random vote. Don't you guys ever come up with new tricks? If it really was a random vote, it's your bad call to try and justify it with terrible logic. Voting for name players early on is a terrible strategy that hurts the good guys, and thus should be discouraged. My vote will remain on you, until a more appealing target comes along, you're cleared, or your mafia scum corpse hangs from the jaws of one of the sandworms. Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:40 am

Post by mith »

FOS: IS. He didn't come out shouting about how he was sure ____ is evil He can't be innocent, or he would've done so. Antrax, you've also been randomly voted by me in this manner, where both of us were innocent. However, I agree that Vinny might try something like this if he were Mafia. I'll wait to see what he has to say before voting.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:03 am

Post by Antrax »

mith, I have a lot of respect for you as a player, but the fact you made an error doesn't mean it's any less of an error.Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:08 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I am still utterly confused by the odd killings, so I have not been able to use my natural intuition to label everyone yet.I will eventually purge the evil scum from these wretched lands.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:18 am

Post by mith »

I wasn't saying it wasn't an error. I was saying that Vinny doing it doesn't mean he is necessarily Mafia (and that you haven't always gotten a Mafia by voting for people that randomly vote for you).Of course, in my case, I didn't unvote you, I started a 4 page war with you. That may be the difference
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:24 am

Post by mith »

I still don't think that my vote was an error, btw. I completely disagree with your statement about going after high profile players. That's bordering on I'm more well known than you, so I should get to survive this round just on reputation. Someone has to die, and you're just as likely evil as anyone else; while you are a big help as Town, you are also a big pain as Mafia, so it sorta balances out. I don't think there is any less reason to randomly vote for you than anyone else; it's the reaction to the random votes that help us out, no one is going to get lynched based on them.And once again, I have forgotten my point. *~goes off looking for it~*
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:32 am

Post by Antrax »

I have higher odds of being innocent than mafia. You can thus assume the mafia probably want to get rid of me. Then your actions contribute to the mafia's goal, and thus hamper the town.Antrax
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:41 am

Post by mith »

Oh yes, point. Point is that, while Antrax isn't dead, he must be Mafia is obviously terrible logic, it's obvious Vinny intended it as a joke and not a brilliant display of deduction.*~reads last post~*Well, yes. And Vinny has a greater chance of being Town than Mafia too. What's your point? No one is going to bandwagon you based on a random vote. Or on a vote that claims to be random.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:00 am

Post by Antrax »

Vinny, was that hey, I'm actually a random vote bit in your message the first time it was posted, as well, or is that an edit?Antrax
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:32 am

Post by Neo »

[Spectator Question]What does QED mean?[/SQ]
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:33 am

Post by Antrax »

I don't know what it stands for, but it's what you write when you're done proving something, like in geometry.Antrax
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:41 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

[nerd]Quod Erat Demonstrandum - that what ahd to be proven [/nerd]Please do not edit your posts except to remove typos
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:59 am

Post by quercitron »

Perhaps there's a character whose kills look like a Fremen kill. ;I seem to recall Jessica being the (un?)lucky recipient of a crysknife. ;Or maybe the Fremen don't know each other...but if they get to kill, how do they kill? ;I'm sort of leaning towards one of Stile's theories, but I have nothing to add to this.Oh, and by the way, Stile, fine, I'm talking. ;Now stop playing around with discussion and let's actually be logical.In the meantime, there are quite a few people who haven't spoken yet, so it's too early to analyze much.VinnyQ, what's up with the attacking Antrax? ;The same thing just happened in Mini game. ;Just because he didn't die does not make him Mafia (er...sorry, Harkonnen scum.) ;If I were Mafia, I wouldn't kill him first night. ;Why? ;Because some moron (who may or may not be Maf...argh, Harkonnen) is sure to accuse him first day... FOS: VinnyQ
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:31 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Just so you all get to hear from me. ;I know nothing at this point and am not suspiscious of anyone, as most posts seem pretty standard for a first day so far. ; It does strike me that Fremen killing Fremen this early (whether by choice (dumb move) or because they have to) seems like bad news for the Fremen. ;There is also the possibility of an SK type role (although I'm not sure how this fits within the books/story). That's all I got at this point.
CrystyB
CrystyB
Townie
CrystyB
Townie
Townie
Location: Romania, Balkans, Eastern Europe, Earth, Solar System, etc

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:48 pm

Post by CrystyB »

On the other hand, mods should feel free to edit, especially when it's fixing a typo Ow yeah and before this game becomes hot and heavy, could you enlighten us on the goals? I mean should i be glad there are TWO fremen less, or in fact they would have been on the town's side?
Zealot
Zealot
Townie
Zealot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:48 pm

Post by Zealot »

House Atreides and the Fremen are the good guys, House Harkonnen are the bad guys.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”