Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:46 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Alright, I'm attempting to think through the different scenarios here.

1. Inhim is the vig and we follow his plan for a town win.

2. Inhim is scum with one or the other and this is a risky gambit, hoping we lynch the one that isn't scum. We lynch right, then come night, there's only one kill and we lynch Inhim tomorrow for lying. We lynch wrong, and Inhim simply kills one of us, game over and a scum win.

3. Inhim is an SK. I find this the least likely of all, but if it were true, Inhim would win if we followed his plan. I just find it difficult to believe that an SK wouldn't kill and we've never had more than one death and we've lacked any form of doc protection the last couple of nights. None of the dead have come up as a roleblocker and no one has offered that they roleblocked Inhim as evidence one way or the other. (I wouldn't believe it now if someone did, so don't bother trying)

I said that I didn't want to vote for Speedy today and I'm holding to that. If we're going to buy Inhim's claim, that leaves Thok. Therefore I'm ready to lynch Thok and see what happens. I'll wait to 'vote now' until everyone else has had their say.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:21 pm

Post by Thok »

Ibaesha, I'm scummy because I'm willing to consider the possibility of being lynched? That's the strangest comment I've heard all day; it's not like I actively pushed myself as a lynching candidate, I just listed it as an option. It makes me wonder if there's a chance you could be a godfather with cop protection. (Also, an ordinary 3 scum group doesn't seem strong enough against a town with a claimed cop, a claimed vig and two docs.)
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Thok wrote:It makes me wonder if there's a chance you could be a godfather with cop protection.
X

That's extremely over-powered in this type of setup, and you know it. You're not pulling that past me, at least.
iba wrote:2. Inhim is scum with one or the other and this is a risky gambit, hoping we lynch the one that isn't scum. We lynch right, then come night, there's only one kill and we lynch Inhim tomorrow for lying. We lynch wrong, and Inhim simply kills one of us, game over and a scum win.
That's good possibility-seeking. I can't argue without going into a topic that has some WIFOM involved... but - why would I set myself up for such an easily detected lie come Tomorrow?

iba, you and Tyfo alone should be the decision-makers. I'm just here to clean up the mess.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:06 pm

Post by Thok »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Thok wrote:It makes me wonder if there's a chance you could be a godfather with cop protection.
X

That's extremely over-powered in this type of setup, and you know it. You're not pulling that past me, at least.
It's not that much more overpowered than it would be in any other set-up: we still have discussion each day, and the way to detect a godfather with cop protection is by his behavior in thread and how he reacts to various accusations. If you are pro-town, you should be worried about scenarioes like this.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:43 pm

Post by Tyfo »

As previously said, iba is townie.

The thing goes down to mainly Speedy or Thok (but inHim could be playing extremely sneaky, and win the game).

Thok - whom I will vote for - has had the most suspicious behaviour recently; though Speedy has had his part of weird behaviour, but that may just be some mistakes.

I'm willing to trust inHim and throw the ball; this will either win or lose the game.

If Thok is innocent, the mafia will jump the bandwagon, and we will most likely lose the game.

vote now
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:20 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

You have made a wise choice, sir Tyfo. Now, let's have iba give her final thoughts before we go to vote, and we'll be set.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:56 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Thok wrote:Ibaesha, I'm scummy because I'm willing to consider the possibility of being lynched? That's the strangest comment I've heard all day; it's not like I actively pushed myself as a lynching candidate, I just listed it as an option. It makes me wonder if there's a chance you could be a godfather with cop protection. (Also, an ordinary 3 scum group doesn't seem strong enough against a town with a claimed cop, a claimed vig and two docs.)
Yes. When there's five people left, and only one scum dead, if you're town, lynching yourself isn't an option, and overly risky and scummy.

I'm not scum, but I think you are so I doubt you're wondering much if I'm a godfather.

Anyways, let's see where this goes.
vote now
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:05 pm

Post by Tyfo »

inHimshallibe wrote:You have made a wise choice, sir Tyfo. Now, let's have iba give her final thoughts before we go to vote, and we'll be set.
Thank you, considering this is my first game. :) (or, I've am in others too, but they are still at D1 or D2.) - but we will have to wait and see - you might still be playing tricks on us all. :)
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:56 am

Post by JereIC »

Roll Call!

Calling for vote (2):
ibaesha, Tyfo
Sticks in the mud (3):
inHimshallibe, SpeedyKQ, Thok

It takes 3 to start voting. Sticks in the mud ftw!
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:15 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Hell with it. I quit. I give up. I'm mafia.

vote now
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:20 am

Post by Tyfo »

What is that all about? Couldn't you have found a replacement instead? Or are you just trying to trick us?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:57 am

Post by ibaesha »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Hell with it. I quit. I give up. I'm mafia.

vote now
Then I'm sure Inhim will enjoy killing you after we lynch your scum buddy, Thok.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:04 am

Post by JereIC »

Happyfunville, taking a page out of Alaska's playbook, follows the unusually long day 3 with an unusually short day 4. I'm pretty sure Alaskan elections are decided by caribou hunting competitions, though.

It is now Election 4. All your votes are belong to me.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:04 pm

Post by JereIC »

It's a rush, a crush, a panic, a tear!
A dash, a crash, a stampede to right there!
The Vot'cutioner is waiting, and he's hungry for votes.
If we were in Venice, we'd all buy new boats!
As the tally is counted, it is Thok who is routed, and thrown to the Valley of Snakes.

"Be good, my goonies," the godfather cries,
"And those Happyfunvill-ians, we'll get those guys!
"Take to the streets, start some unrest!
"But look after my cat, he'll be a pest."
His last words spoke, the man does croak, and the town shouts, "Hooray!"

But now it is night, and our schedule is tight. What's your next play?
Before this gets painful, the readers disdainful, send your PMs straight away!

Thok, mafia godfather, has been lynched!
It is night 5! You know who's waiting for your night choices.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:14 am

Post by JereIC »

The last night of Happyfunville is nasty, brutish, and short. Even after proclaiming himself to be scum, SpeedyKQ escapes the notice of the Voticutioner, which takes Thok instead. Now an obvious wanted man, Speedy does the only thing he can; find his quarry before it finds him. Speedy finds inHimshallibe in a back alley, hunting under piles of garbage. With a flying leap, he pushes inHim down onto his belly, stabbing him again and again in the back. Speedy stands up, and flips inHim over to administer the coup de grace, only to meet the business end of inHim's double barrel shot gun.

inHimshallibe, vigilante, has been stabbed!
SpeedyKQ, mafia goon, has been shot!

Leaving only ibeasha, a townie, and Tyfo, the all-too-quiet and lucky serial killer...

Nah, I'm just kidding, he was a cop.

Congratulations town, you have defeated the mafia and won the game!

Full details later tonight, possibly tomorrow morning. In the meantime, do discuss amongst yourselves.
Last edited by JereIC on Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:18 am

Post by Thok »

Bah. I blew this game for scum-I had Someone/Tyfo fingered as a cop in my conversations with Speedy, but decided at the last minute that Astronaut might be a copish role instead. Yesterday is much more interesting if I choose correctly to kill Tyfo, and we have a much better shot at winning.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Thok wrote:Bah. I blew this game for scum-I had Someone/Tyfo fingered as a cop in my conversations with Speedy, but decided at the last minute that Astronaut might be a copish role instead. Yesterday is much more interesting if I choose correctly to kill Tyfo, and we have a much better shot at winning.
Agreed.

Yeesh, I really didn't think I had a chance when I claimed. I'm much too abrasive nowadays.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Oh, and thanks so much, Jere! This gave me some insight into Survivor: Mafia :arrow: I think I'll let voting be anonymous, but voting will occur during Day like normal (have to use PMs or something).

Good game all, once again.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Well played, ibaesha, Tyfo and inHim!
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:11 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I think I did really badly this game. My only saving grace was Tyfo having an innocent result on me and believing Inhim at the end, so thanks to both of you.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:41 pm

Post by Tyfo »

Thank you. I think I played an okay game, considering this is my first (that has finished, I'm in couple of others in their starting phase).

:)
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:12 pm

Post by JereIC »

ROLES

Godfather: Save The Dragons/Thok
Welcome to Secret Ballot Mafia! You are the mafia godfather. Your two goons are ChocoCid and Pariah/SpeedyKQ. You three may discuss the game with each other during voting and night. Each night, you may also choose to attack one other player in the game. As godfather, your are responsible for getting this choice to me. You win when the mafia controls the vote. Please confirm that you've received this role, and get your night choice to me by PM as soon as possible. Good luck, and have fun!
Now, I made a goof with this PM.
The godfather was supposed to be a felon, and his vote only counted in run-offs.
It was meant as a way to balance the mafia a little bit, when they really did have a lot of power. However, the godfather was also supposed to know that, but when I wrote STD's PM I forgot to include it. I caught my mistake when I was prepping the old PM for Thok, and considered including it then, but I figured it'd be bad form to change the information the godfather had mid-way through the game. I turned out not to matter, however.

Goons: ChocoCid and Pariah/SpeedyKQ
Welcome to Secret Ballot Mafia! You are a mafia goon. Your godfather is Save the Dragons/Thok, and your co-goon is Pariah/ChocoCid/SpeedyKQ. You three may discuss the game with each other during voting and night. Each night, you may also choose to attack one other player in the game. Your godfather, Save the Dragons, is responsible for getting this choice to me. You win when the mafia controls the vote. Please confirm that you've received this role by PM as soon as possible. Good luck, and have fun!
Doc: Yoko Kurama
Welcome to Secret Ballot Mafia! You are a doc. Each night, you may choose to protect another player from one attack that night. You may not protect yourself. You win when all anti-town elements are eliminated. Please confirm that you've received this role, and send your choice tonight to me by PM as soon as possible. Good luck, and have fun!
Back up Doc: KingEnigma
Welcome to Secret Ballot Mafia! You are a backup doc. Currently, you have no night choices. If a doc should die, you take his or her place the night following his/her death, and can choose to protect another player from one attack that night and each subsequent night. You won't be able to protect yourself. You win when all anti-town elements are eliminated. Please confirm that you've received this role by PM as soon as possible. Good luck, and have fun!
Cop: Someone/Tyfo
Welcome to Secret Ballot Mafia! You are a cop. Each night, you may investigate another player, and I will tell you if they are pro- or anti-town. You win when all anti-town elements are eliminated. Please confirm that you've received this role, and send your choice tonight to me by PM as soon as possible. Good luck, and have fun!
Vigilante: ogre/inHimshallibe
Welcome to Secret Ballot Mafia! You are the vigilante. Each night, you may choose to attack another player, in the hope they are mafia. You suffer no penalty for accidentally killing a pro-town player, except the wrath of the town. Please tell me if you intend to make a kill each night or not, even if you don't know who you're going to kill right then. That way, I can end the night without worrying that you're coming to a late decision. You win when all anti-town elements are eliminated. Please confirm that you've received this role, and send your choice tonight to me by PM as soon as possible. Good luck, and have fun!
Townies: Astronaut, halfpint, Lubabah/ibaesha, mathcam, rajrhcpfreak
Welcome to Secret Ballot Mafia! You are a townie. Talk in the day, vote when duty calls, and fear the night. You have no night choices. You win when all anti-town elements are eliminated. Please confirm that you've received this role by PM as soon as possible. Good luck, and have fun!
"What the hell!?!" yells the ghost of mathcam. "No vote cops? That's the obvious role for this game!"

Well, I had an earlier version of this game with a pretty simple vote cop, but I scratched him because I really wanted to see how people would react without any vote information at all. I think the game was more interesting when you couldn't check each other for who was sticking to the consensus. I also just don't like cops that much. Too much information, makes the town too lazy. :twisted:

I do wish I had included a mayor, though. I think a mayor could be a pretty strategic role in this game.

Night choices and, yes, the votes, coming up in the next post.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:27 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

i totally ruled.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:30 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”