Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:13 am

Post by ChocoCid »

chococid, i dont think we've played in very many (if any) games together, and i think your trying too hard.
This is exactly my second mafia game. That explain it?
[url=http://www.rpgelite.net]RPG Elite[/url] (777) Dragoon Choco-Mage: ChocoCid
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:38 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Ok, thanks Astronaut, I was curious.

I agree, and I'm definately willing to go with the majority (as long as it's not going after me).
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:34 pm

Post by halfpint »

So, I don't have too many suspicions other than the one that I pointed out about ChocoCid and players trying to keep what each person votes a secret. Like I said before, I am mainly suspicious of players that don't want the town to join forces and decide on who to vote for before actually doing so. ChocoCid is my leading suspicion right now, but that also might be attributed to the fact that he posts more than others and is more visible.

It would be nice to hear what some other peoples' suspicions are at this moment.

I am going to be without computer access for the next couple of days ... until about Thursday or so.
Mod
, feel free to replace me if you feel that is too long.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:32 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

Speaking of being without access, I'm going to be at college orientation for the next 2 days, and won't be back until tuesday.

I guess the majority wants visible votes, so I'm willing to go along with that. I'm telling you, I'm not scum- lynching me is going to be a bad idea, as I could seriously help out in the lategame.

I was really only against the public vote because the whole point of the game is that the vote is secret- doing otherwise is sort of neutralizing that, which I now realize actually helps the town, as we can try to figure out who's lying.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:19 pm

Post by Pariah »

KingEnigma wrote:if you wanna refer to me as king you have to say The King

so what you should have said is "where is The King?"

I'm still all for my Pariah is the SK theory, but i seem to be the only one, and chococid, i dont think we've played in very many (if any) games together, and i think your trying too hard.

and seriously, everyone tries harder when they are the bad guy, which is bad because then people can tell your the bad guy because you tried to hard.

dont try and argue the logic, my mind is made up. Mr Cid is scum, Pariah is the SK.

Lets do it!! (I will however not vote for the now person because you all need time to digest the information that i have given you. talk amongst yourselves)
Well, the fact that we're voting in secret, making it hard for the town, the death scene says multiple people with gangsters kind of goes against the logic of us actually having a serial killer. But if you're mind is made up... :?
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:38 pm

Post by JereIC »

Vote Roll Call

Calling for Vote (1)
: ChocoCid
Not (10)
:Astronaut, halfpint, KingEnigma, Lubabah, mathcam, ogre(to be replaced), Pariah, rajrhcpfreak, Save The Dragons, Someone

Six to start voting.

halfpint, since we're not that close to voting yet, I don't think you need to be replaced. Thanks for letting us know.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:47 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

It sounds like we may have our two nominations for lynch, Pariah and ChocoCid.

I think that we may have some protown roles that will be very helpful and after this first lynch they will have some more information.

Im ready to start voting but I want to wait until thursday for halfpint to get back and we talk it out more.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

You've gotta be kidding about that.

I'm tossing around ideas about the game and various potential strategies, not fingering any players or doing anything that's scummy in general.

Throwing out a strategy that's normally stupid in an ordinary game isn't necessarily a scummy play in a game with an unusual twist that isn't in role-based form.

If I'm
really
under pressure to lynch, I suppose I could claim, but I don't think that's a good idea to do at this time as it would set me up as a nightkill target if no juicier target presents itself.
I'll just say it's a non-cop information role and leave it at that. Hopefully that'll be enough to satisfy everyone for now, and I'll claim fully if people request it, although I hope that's not going to be necessary.. I'd rather not die night one, or be responsible for a nightkill by having the doc waste his protection on me. My role is extremely minor but does exist.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:20 pm

rajrhcpfreak wrote:It sounds like we may have our two nominations for lynch, Pariah and ChocoCid.
ChocoCid I understand. He's been really eager and it makes me wonder. But...

1. It's not Big Brother
2. King Enigma's not HOH
3. I for one refuse to kill someone based of a tell. I hate tells. Oh! Look at me! Good job doc, if there was a second kill, you saved it!

But there wasn't. In fact,

FOS: KingEnigma
for suggesting an SK in such a situation where any SK would be completely screwed.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

blahblahblah

I would be an awesome Head of Household thank you very much.

I'm more of a tell person, because im really too lazy to try and figure out hard evidence, but the cops on tv get away with it so why cant I?

i for one would vote for either of the two, but again, thats because i think they are both scum.

Taaadaaaaaaaaaaa.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:42 pm

KingEnigma wrote:I'm more of a tell person, because im really too lazy to try and figure out hard evidence, but the cops on tv get away with it so why cant I?
That's why you got to be like a CSI and follow the evidence.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:31 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Evidence? Where?

You show it to me, STD, and I'm ready to vote with you.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:00 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

I don't think there really is that much evidence yet, which is why I haven't really been saying anyone's scummy- I mean, I have an idea who I'd vote for if 5 other people suddenly went "VOTE NOW"- but I don't have anything concrete.
That's why I've been talking about the game setup more than the other people in the game- to this point. We're getting to the point where several people are saying stuff that looks vaguely scummy, and I realize I'm guilty of a scum tell if "crackpot theory=scum", as is Pariah, but... bah, I might as well toss another one out there, although I'm merely going to point out a quote.
KingEnigma wrote:im really too lazy to try and figure out hard evidence, but the cops on tv get away with it so why cant I?
Why do I think that if you get under pressure a few days from now you're going to claim and point that out as evidence that you were hinting at it beforehand?
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:48 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

well, actually, i dont see how thats evident to anything (is that the proper use of the word evident? if not what the heck goes there? wait a second, its relevant, relevant goes there but im just going to leave it there so i appear flawed and flawed characters get much more sympathy and thus youll be less likely to vote for me)

listen, at this point in the game, unless scum really messes something up or we catch them in a lie (which is highly unlikely seeing as how they havent done enough to really get into anything deep enough to get confused on) me doing this is no better than saying "Random Vote" but with just a little more pull and a little less random.

as of right now (without all the pieces) i see ChocoCid and Pariah the most likely due to the fact that to ME they are the only ones that have done anything remotely scummy.

thank you and good night (have you noticed my ridiculous obsession with putting things in paranthisseesses and they usually turn out larger that the actual "substance" in the paragraph itself. weird, i know. another flaw for my character perhaps?)
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:31 am

Post by JereIC »

Discussion seems to be slowing down, so the Day Deadline Fairy may be paying us all a visit soon...
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:13 am

Post by ChocoCid »

At this point if I had to vote it'd either be KingEnigma or Astronaut. I don't really think Astronaut is scum at this point, but KingEnigma is not looking too good to me right now.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:16 am

Post by ChocoCid »

At this point if I had to vote it'd either be KingEnigma or Astronaut. I don't really think Astronaut is scum at this point, but KingEnigma is not looking too good to me right now.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by Pariah »

ChocoCid wrote:At this point if I had to vote it'd either be KingEnigma or Astronaut. I don't really think Astronaut is scum at this point, but KingEnigma is not looking too good to me right now.
Why exactly does KingEnigma not look too good right now to you?
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:28 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Are Someone and I the only ones concerned about how we should vote? Purely disclosed votes favours scum, in my opinion, since we won't have voting patterns to judge by.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:18 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

KingEnigma strikes me as trying to half-ass it.
He's saying that you and I are scummy but he's not really committing to it. That's a scum tell from what I've seen so far.

Astronaut: I think you meant "undisclosed", and I am well aware of your concern. However, I'm sure there will be nightroles appropiate to the secret nature of the ballot. We could very well have vote manipulation by the mafia, for instance, so someone could say "yeah, i'm voting for <foo>" but their vote actually ends up going to <fie>. That would then end up altering the votecount, which the mod already said isn't public. Hm, not sure if that's TOO troubling, but it's certainly something to think about. On the other hand, there's bound to be a townie role related to voting as well. I'm not sure precisely how it'd work yet.

At this point I think I've analyzed the game more than the other players. :| Of course, it's only day one, so there's not that much to analyze FROM the other players yet.

It seems that people were going after me for analyzing the game, and that pariah got some of that same backlash before me.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:42 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

I think i have enough information to vote now. i think we need to
VOTE NOW

in my eyes ChocoCid & King Enigma are our leading people.

I would say that those are the two people we should vote for. unless anyone disagrees.
Show

raj's to do list:

ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:50 am

Post by ChocoCid »

That interests me, there. Why do you say that? KingEnigma looks like he's saying I'm scum and I'm saying he looks like scum. Are you saying we're scum trying to lynch each other?

I'm a little confused at that in general.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:53 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

no im saying that one of you two are mafia and we should vote on one of you and hope that that person is mafia.
Show

raj's to do list:

ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:34 am

Post by ChocoCid »

Ah, okay.

I really, really don't want to be forced into a roleclaim, guys. If you keep pressing me like this I'll have to.
:(
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:12 pm

Post by Astronaut »

ChocoCid wrote:Astronaut: I think you meant "undisclosed"...
Of course I do, my bad... :oops:

ChocoCid does have a point that there's likely to be pro-town roles that are able to
draw benefit of the fact that the votes are kept secret. I might even be persuaded into keeping all votes secret, at least for day 1. We should know more about the mechanics and how to take benefit of them tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”