Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:21 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Astronaut wrote:Evidence? Where?

You show it to me, STD, and I'm ready to vote with you.
Don't look at me...I'm not Gil Grissom.

Maybe we should do things Big Brother style; put 2 people up for eviction and vote one of them off, or basically make an ultimatum that we should vote for one of two people, like King Enigma and ChocoCid (because I agree with Raj that there's probably scum in there).
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:07 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

I'm fine with putting enigma up for vote, although I would prefer not to be the one opposite him on the gallows.
[url=http://www.rpgelite.net]RPG Elite[/url] (777) Dragoon Choco-Mage: ChocoCid
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:10 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

works for me, i guess, and I wont argue with being first up either. My reasoning here is if you think i'm scummy vote for me, but dont freaking vote for me because you dont like how I'm playing.

Me or ChocoCid, lets do it! If you wanna make me the guy thats constantly being put up against the others, because your not quite sure you cant trust me, thats cool. I mean every game[show] has one, so i can be this one.

I like to think of myself as the spunky comic relief that you hope can win, but in the end is overcome by the more evil players.

So, whenever you guys are ready.

(note: I know i cant change the minds of people with anything I say, and I'm not going to claim, its a no-win situation for anyone to claim, because we find out too much when that happens. Sure we may clear/guiltify the person thats claimed, but its very detrimental to anyone else who has to counter claim or whatnot, so I'm not going to do it. wanna know what I do? Lynch me! Anyways, if you want to put me up for the vote thats fine I wont argue I might eventually say I told you so, but I wont argue.)
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:36 pm

Post by JereIC »

Vote Roll Call 3: Revenge of the Suffragette

Calling for Vote (2)
: ChocoCid, rajrhcpfreak
Not (9)
:Astronaut, halfpint, KingEnigma, Lubabah, mathcam, ogre(to be replaced), Pariah, Save The Dragons, Someone

Six to start voting.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:18 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

If King's so confident then why doesn't he add his name to the list of those calling for a vote? Whatever's going on, we need to wait on ogre's replacement anyway. :roll:
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:46 am

Post by Someone »

Right now, I'm most suspicious of raj and KE. Choco may be mafia, but I don't think he is.

After some thought, keeping our votes secret may not be such a bad idea for today. This is because the mafia will not have time to talk during the voting, and probably didn't plan aquadately what to do in certain lynch situations. However, we can not afford to not publicise our votes past today, because it would then make it all too easy for the mafia to manipulate our vote with a well-thought-out plan.

For me, raj is the most suspicious because of how he is forcing the issue a little too much for my taste. Most importantly, post 70, when his vote now is considerably premature, I could not possibly decide who to vote for with such a lack of info, and so many lurkers.

Right now, I think that people who haven't been posting should post, and that the mod should issue prods.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:45 am

Post by mathcam »

halfpint and I are back, and should catch up within a day or so. Sorry for not being here.

Cam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:16 am

Post by JereIC »

I've prodded Lubabah.

I'm moving to Washington, DC tomorrow. I should be able to post Tuesday through Friday at a nearby coffee shop with WiFi, and starting Saturday I should have cable internet (yay! ^_^ ). Since my access is iffy, however, I won't impose a deadline until at least Saturday.

Now, back with the talking!
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:43 pm

Post by Pariah »

Yeah, I agree with Someone about Raj. I'm not really sold on one player being scum to go start voting yet, and he seemed extremely confident, and wanted to vote right away. I think it's a bit too early to make a decision on who to lynch.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:37 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

STD wrote:two people, like King Enigma and ChocoCid (because I agree with Raj that there's probably scum in there).
Im not the only one that is saying that. i think there is some night actions that will be helpful to the town once we get to the next day.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:31 am

Post by ChocoCid »

Then shouldn't you wait and try to find out if people have the helpful night actions before you go and lynch them?
Lubabah
Lubabah
Goon
Lubabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:43 am

Post by Lubabah »

im back :-/, sorry guys, i went on vacation in the middle of nowhere without telling anyone, i felt terrible once i got there. Ill be playing from now on..
im bout to grim toll on u
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:31 pm

Post by mathcam »

Okay, I'm caught up. Where did all this talk of choosing between two people come from? I thought we were pretty agreed that the town had to nearly-unanimously decide on
one
person for lynch before we moved to the voting phase.
FOS: raj
for being a key proponent of the "narrow it down to two" plan.

For the time being, I'm fairly confident that ChocoCid is not scum.

My top picks: Astronaut, raj, and KingEnigma. Astronaut got most of his scumminess from attacking Choco for proposing a no lynch (which he didn't really propose). It looked like a weak attempt to start a bandwagon for generic reasons. Raj has got most of his scumminess by seeming eager for the lynch, and seemingly ignoring Someone's plan of narrowing it down to one person (since the alternative heavily favors the mafia). KE is getting his scumminess from being...well, weird, this game. I've played with him a few times, and I don't remember him ever seeming this..."aloof" is I think the word I want. I'd be fine voting for either of them.

Maybe what we should do next is have everyone list their top three, and agree to lynch whoever gets the most votes. If nothing else, it helps us decide on a lynch today, and will be an interesting source of information later in the game. I've already listed my 3, so anyone else who thinks this is a good idea should go ahead.

Cam
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:30 am

Post by KingEnigma »

I'm finally comfortable enough playing this game to start acting more like myself and less like a restrained me, and now I'm being picked out as scum in all 3 games that I'm in because of the same reason. I'm acting weird, well I guess I'll go back to being the restrained KingEnigma, because this isnt working.

My top vote is still ChocoCid, nothing else Ive seen has moved me away from this point and I dont see anything else doing it either, so if the world decides to vote for someone else, thats fine, i'll vote with the rest of you guys. Its day 1, we arent supposed to have a lot of information to digest at this time, so thats why I'm going with hunches and such. When there is actual evidence against people I'll let everyone know that there is something I see.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Lubabah
Lubabah
Goon
Lubabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:12 am

Post by Lubabah »

My top three at this point are... (in no specific order)

1. Astronaut
2. "The" King
3. Pariah

Astronaut attacked choco with little or no evidence at all, for proposing a no lynch.

"The" KingEnigma felt so sure of himself on scuminess, then didnt even decide to go into the voting process.

And in the third slot... i really had trouble finding someone. Although Raj, Pariah, and Choco seem to be top choices for everyone else, i cant find anything scummy in Choco, and little in Raj.

So, it brings me to Pariah, who suggested SK in a game not likely to have one. Though a weak suspicion, it is one nonetheless.
im bout to grim toll on u
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:06 am

Post by ChocoCid »

My top 3 are:

1. Astronaut , King Enigma (tied)
3. rajrhcpfreak

The more this goes on the more I like the "everyone vote for one person" strategy, as it seems to be the best way for us to stop the scum from screwing with the vote today.
I've seen several people saying Astro and KE, so would I be correct in assuming that one of those two is going to be our vote?
The "third" is split between three people, so I think we can safely ignore that for the time being. (Of course since I seem to be part of the third-place split, it's also to my benefit to do this anyway, as I don't want to be lynched :wink: )

So... Astronaut or KingEnigma, right?
:|
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:46 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, we've still got several people to hear from yet, so let's not jump the gun here.
KE wrote: I'm finally comfortable enough playing this game to start acting more like myself and less like a restrained me, and now I'm being picked out as scum in all 3 games that I'm in because of the same reason. I'm acting weird, well I guess I'll go back to being the restrained KingEnigma, because this isnt working.
If this is true and not just a scum ploy...

This is to be expected, and just something you'll have to live with for a little while. Any time you shift your playing style, it's bound to draw attention to itself, and you're bound to be found more suspicious for it. Once you've done it long enough that it's recognized as your usual playstyle, it'll pass.

KE, did you want to pick a top 3, or are you abstaining on your second and third choices?

Cam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:36 am

Post by JereIC »

This is just to prove I can post from the Juice Zone's free WiFi.

Yeah Wifi!
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:50 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

its basically going to be me anyways, so I'm abstaining I guess. Lets just vote me and move on, your not going to get a claim from me, I just wont be doing that anymore
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Well, didn't I suddenly turn into the least popular kid in town...

People say I was wrong when I accused Choco of suggesting a no lynch, let me just point out what I was referring to:
ChocoCid wrote:Exactly. I can't see any lynch today being a good idea unless a power role is willing to step forth with information and someone can confirm said power role. Even so, that allows for mafia hijinks.

I'd call for "no lynch" and let the power roles have another night to get things figured out, as that's probably the best way to get a lynch. The problem is, doing so gives the mafia one more nightkill, which means it'll be that much harder to get the near-unanimous vote we need.

Our best bet is to get a runoff and hit the right person in said runoff. The problem with that strategy is there is literally nothing to base our voting on at this point... unless someone with a power role thinks there's another doc that's around to protect him? Of course, the power roles may not even have any information on scum yet at this point.
I can't see us winning this one when we're already in the hole, because if we have no doc, we're in trouble. If we do have another doc, we might be able to pull this off.
To me, this translates into: "We should do a no lynch unless a power role comes forward.
A no lynch could be good. But then the mafia would get to make another kill.
We should get a runoff. But it would be difficult to hit scum. Perhaps a power role would like to reveal himself?"

This was enough for me to put a FOS on ChocoCid. I would've removed this later on when I got a better understanding of his views, but didn't think it was necessary.

Top of my list at the moment is raj. ChocoCid was almost in the clear before his last post, in which he seems too eager to wrap things up by concluding that the lynch should be KingEnigma or myself after only three people have spoken their mind. No good candidate for the third spot on my list, I've got no idea what to make of KingEnigma's play.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by Someone »

I'm not too suspicious of Astro. He does set off the scumdar sometimes, but not enough to be worried, I think...

My top suspect would be Raj followed by KE.

I'm still waiting for some people to post or be replaced. I don't really have a third option at this point in the game.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:45 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

Astro, nobody's going to wagon me right now, so could you please stop trying?
I'm not "eager to wrap things up", I'm trying to make sure that I was understanding who everyone's in favor of voting for.

From what I've seen so far the list looks like this:

1. KingEnigma
2-5: Astronaut, ChocoCid, rajrhcpfreak, Pariah in varying orders.

Is that right?

Anyway we have to wait on a replacement or something unless we really want to move ahead without doing so. I'm not really sure of whether or not there's precedent for that sort of thing, so I'm not going to comment one way or the other on that idea.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:10 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

My top 3 are...

1. KingEnigma
King wrote: I know i cant change the minds of people with anything I say, and I'm not going to claim, its a no-win situation for anyone to claim, because we find out too much when that happens. Sure we may clear/guiltify the person thats claimed, but its very detrimental to anyone else who has to counter claim or whatnot, so I'm not going to do it. wanna know what I do? Lynch me! Anyways, if you want to put me up for the vote thats fine I wont argue I might eventually say I told you so, but I wont argue.
That comment sounds scummy to me.

2. ChocoCid
3. Pariah

also after re-reading it im curious about STD we havnt heard from him in a while.
Someone wrote: For me, raj is the most suspicious because of how he is forcing the issue a little too much for my taste. Most importantly, post 70, when his vote now is considerably premature, I could not possibly decide who to vote for with such a lack of info,
If you notice I wasnt the first to vote, so it cant be as premature as ChocoCid. You may not have enough info to decide who to vote on, but it sounds like many people already have a clear idea on who they want to vote for.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:22 am

Post by Someone »

Point taken: Choco was the first to vote. IMO he's done enough to clear himself since then.

I disagree that most people would have felt comfortable in voting at the point you declared your "vote now". Even at this point, I would feel iffy about voting (mostly because of the lurkers.)

That being said. The list of suspicions:

rajrhcpfreak

1. KingEnigma
2. ChocoCid
3. Pariah

Someone

1.rajrhcpfreak
2. KE
3. Lurkers

Chocokid

1. Astronaut , King Enigma (tied)
3. rajrhcpfreak

Mathcam

1.Astronaut, raj, and KingEnigma

Lubabah

1. Astronaut
2. "The" King
3. Pariah

Astronaut

1.Raj
2.Chocokid
3. ???

Halfpint and pariah have yet to make a list. STD is seriously lurking. And ogre has yet to post in this game.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 am

Post by ChocoCid »

I thought the mod was trying to replace ogre?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”