Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:57 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

bigbenwd- 4 (Darkblade, Flying Dutchman, massive, Primoris)
Primoris- 1 (Phoebus)
Phoebus- 1 (Breakdown)
massive- 1 (bigbenwd)
Flying Dutchman- 1 (tehgood)

Not voting (3)- Demeech, Stewie, gashlycrumb

6 to lynch.

Prods are going out to Demeech and Darkblade, who haven't posted in a while.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:09 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

massive's voting makes no sense to me, but i think we're pretty much at a standstill, we've both said our arguments, now al we need is for everyone to cast their final votes on who to lynch
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:29 pm

Post by Darkblade »

I'm here, I'm here. I came accoss with a rather nasty case of the flu, but I'm recovering quicly. Expect a more useful post tomorrow
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:24 am

Post by bigbenwd »

is anybody here going to change a vote?
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:09 am

Post by Primoris »

No. Not me at least.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:06 am

Post by bigbenwd »

why not?
-Werebear
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by Norinel »

Talitha replaces Demeech. I'll probably be instating a deadline tomorrow night.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:56 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Unvote: baby slapper bigben

Vote: Pheobus

I reitererate; I think the guy is a SK. Vig's generally don't offer to kill on the first day.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:01 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hi everyone. Just to confirm I've received my role. I'll try and read the thread and put a vote on by tomorrow.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:24 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

one quick Q., what is a vigilate's power, it seems like it's an important role
-Werebear
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:38 pm

Post by Breakdown »

A vig's a townie who gets one or more kills during the game, a pretty strong townie role. If you've got questions about other roles, just go to mafiascum.net without the forum at the end, it's a nice little general game faq.

My vote's staying on Phoebus for reasons already stated. There's nothing that makes bigben seem guilty to me and I would go for massive, but voting him off this early just because he's actually trying to move the game along just seems wrong. Since we've probably got a deadline coming to us I urge those of you who've been less active to get your thoughts out, generate some discussion, you know, actually play the game. It's always more fun when everyone participates, and it gives everyone more to go on. C'mon guys...
Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:46 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

fine, o guess breakdowns arguments all make sense, so
unvote Vote: phoebus
-Werebear
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

Well first off it's nice to see credit given where credit is due... Try for a triple-post next time massive, I dare ya :)

Of the main lynch contenders I'm tending towards voting for Pheobus... not because of the role claim, I find it somewhat believable, more because of the early defensiveness, and now he seems to be trying to vote to please others. Because he's already claimed though I'm not going to vote right now because some more info before we lynch would be good.

I'll
vote:tehgood
for now, for jumping on the back of the "i've got the same sort of role as you" brigade.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:57 am

Post by Phoebus »

Hmm.
Not convinced I see.
What is it that can convince you guys?
Tell me, I'll do it.
I offered to kill cuz that was the only way to prove my claim. If I claim only vig...well, there you have it...people start calling me the SK. I'm not one.
Give me some benefit of the doubt...If I were Mafia, I doubt a bandwagon would've made much difference to me...I voted first and was neither number 3 (which I've been told is the start of a bandwagon) or anywhere near a lynching vote. Now since there was no lynch, that does not matter but anyhoo...

As far as voting to please people is concerned, well if one needs to stay alive, one needs to please atleast someone does one not?

~Phoebus~
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:08 am

Post by massive »

My major issue with lynching Phoebus right now is this: If he IS a one-shot vigilante, then there may come a time in the future when we need his ability in order to have a shot at winning the game. The Mafia, of course, know this - I believe vigilante is one of the most dangerous roles to Mafia because it alters the symmetry of the game and essentially gives the town a second "lynch". Allowing the Mafia (possibly) to railroad us into lynching our vigilante is just going to make them happy and us miserable down the road.

As for bigbenwd, he's caught a stroke of luck and managed to get himself away from being low man on the totem pole, putting the fourth vote on Phoebus. So, bigbenwd, when exactly did Breakdown start making sense to you, enough for you to vote Phoebus? Was it at the top of page 4 where Breakdown first went back to his vote for Phoebus? Or did you have to work through your suspicion of me before you realized that you believed what Breakdown was saying?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:03 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yes I agree that Phoebus's role is potentially more useful than bigben's... I just feel that he's more likely than ben to be evil. (I could be completely wrong though...) I'm worried that he could be an SK who is prepared to lie low and act like a vig. Although on re-reading the rules I see that evil killers can't choose not to kill..
If I set a night deadline, players whose choices I do not receive by then will be considered to have no choice, except for evil killers, whose choice will be determined at random among those whom they know to not be on their side.
So that makes me feel a little better about keeping him around - at least until tomorrow when we'll have information about killing patterns.
Hmmm... I'm not really getting scummy vibes from bigben.. I think I'll keep my vote on tehgood for now.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:04 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

honestly, i was unaware that my vote put for on pleobus, i thought it put 3 lol, but anyways, i've been following a few things, and scince nobody is beleiving my suspicions and i would like to get the game moving, i looked back at breakdown's argument, and it made some sense.
-Werebear
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:13 pm

Post by Breakdown »

bigben, Generally it's not a good idea to play the sheep, just following the crowd. Personally, I see my arguements against Phoebus as pretty weak, the only reason I put my vote there was because no one else seems guiltier. If you're following me, it's the blind leading the blind.

With the above in mind, I'm gonna
unvote Phoebus
, and put a
FOS
on him. Talitha has a very valid point in that the more we learn before we lynch the better. The only way to do that now is through pressure, and I don't really care who ATM.
Vote tehgood
, but unless he comes across as incredibly scummy in his next few posts I'm putting it back on Phoebus again. Let's see what happens.
Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:24 pm

Post by Norinel »

Deadline: 96 hours from this post.
Note that the vote count is sorted in order of who'd be lynched at deadline.

Vote Count:

bigbenwd- 3 (Flying Dutchman, massive, Primoris)
Phoebus- 2 (Darkblade, bigbenwd)
tehgood- 2 (Talitha, Breakdown)
Primoris- 1 (Phoebus)
Flying Dutchman- 1 (tehgood)

Not voting (2)- Stewie, gashlycrumb

6 to lynch, 3 to lynch at deadline.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:34 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

as you just un made your point, im going to
unvote
and see how things go
-Werebear
tehgood
tehgood
Townie
tehgood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:02 am

Post by tehgood »

Well... yea.

Reading over my posts.. (or lack thereoff :? ) meh...

Maily because I havn't really seen anyone act superscummy other than bigbenwd... but his claim has been "verified" by other people, and I was just saying my PM matched up with his, slightly.

However, he DOES act majorly scummy - more so than anyone else. I guess it is a better lead than anything I have read so far.

Unvote Flying Dutchman

Vote bigbenwd

tehgood
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:03 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

you guys are making a mistake, but i know i'm dead, i'm still gonna try anyways... is it just me or are stewie and gashly lurking?

vote stewie

might as well go back to where i began lol
-Werebear
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:56 am

Post by Stewie »

vote thegood

what is your logic? First, you back someone up, and then, with nothing drastic to change your opinion, you vote for him? Explain.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:30 pm

Post by Norinel »

Deadline moved to 48 hours from this post.
Moving it back about two hours because I may not be around at the precise moment of the old deadline.

Vote Count:

bigbenwd- 4 (Flying Dutchman, massive, Primoris, tehgood)
tehgood- 3 (Talitha, Breakdown, Stewie)
Primoris- 1 (Phoebus)
Phoebus- 1 (Darkblade)
Stewie- 1 (bigbenwd)

Not voting (1)- gashlycrumb

6 to lynch, 3 to lynch at deadline.

(Edited to fix nonvoter list)
Last edited by Norinel on Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tehgood
tehgood
Townie
tehgood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:54 pm

Post by tehgood »

To explain myself:

I havn't been paying a whole lot of attention to this game, and when I say bigbenwd's claim of a vague role PM, I just said, "yea, I agree".. so it wouldn't appear I was lurking.

Actually READING his posts... :roll:

He just seems uber scummy, more so than anyone else. And even if he IS innocent, at least we lynched someone who spews CrapLogic, rather than someone who doesn't confuse us (and by us I mean me :wink: )

tehgood

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”