tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:13 am

Post by tidus_of_zanarkand »

Mr. Flay wrote:
tidus_of_zanarkand wrote:Also TheCessPit seems very on the fence and making safe statements all the time. I will
unvote TheCessPit
because my original vote was very weak to begin with.
Ehh? You find Cesspit' to be "playing it safe" and then unvote him? Where's the logic in that? Also, what's magic about page 5 for lynching DG? We have until late April, if it comes to that...
I can unvote him because his actions are barely suspicious and only worthy of a
FoS: TheCessPit
for right now. I am suspicious of him and will be watching him but even if the majority minus one person thought it was a good idea and voted him right now I don't think he's done enough to be lynched. I hope that clears up my stance.

I also agree with LoudMouthLee in that Mastermind of Sin needs to have more quality or quantity in his posts. I find it comical that his only post of "under the radar" screams volumes to me and puts him on top of my radar
FoS: Mastermind of Sin
. We already have a little discussion going and I would hate to see things die out from lack of participation.
EDIT (Jan 18, 2009) - I am no longer using this account. I have made a new one under the name Dr Pepper. I barely remembered enough to access this account. I will not be using this one anymore.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Note to self: Look at post 100 later when one of the two bolded people and/or tidus is lynched.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:08 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

tidus_of_zanarkand wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
tidus_of_zanarkand wrote:Also TheCessPit seems very on the fence and making safe statements all the time. I will
unvote TheCessPit
because my original vote was very weak to begin with.
Ehh? You find Cesspit' to be "playing it safe" and then unvote him? Where's the logic in that? Also, what's magic about page 5 for lynching DG? We have until late April, if it comes to that...
I can unvote him because his actions are barely suspicious and only worthy of a
FoS: TheCessPit
for right now. I am suspicious of him and will be watching him but even if the majority minus one person thought it was a good idea and voted him right now I don't think he's done enough to be lynched. I hope that clears up my stance.

I also agree with LoudMouthLee in that Mastermind of Sin needs to have more quality or quantity in his posts. I find it comical that his only post of "under the radar" screams volumes to me and puts him on top of my radar
FoS: Mastermind of Sin
. We already have a little discussion going and I would hate to see things die out from lack of participation.
And now who's non-committal?

If I didn't like my DG vote so much, you'd be next.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:17 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

My head is big (I suffer from cyanomegaencephalon) but my brain is tiny.

I don't get HezLucky's logic. Can someone explain it to me as if I were a tiny infant drooling on his bib?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Hez is saying that tidus's post seems suspicious, but that it doesn't really mean anything until we know the alignment of one of those three people. I'd argue that on Day One of a game without power roles, that's a reason to try to start a bandwagon on one of those three people, probably the center, tidus. But I think it looks more like just a mediocre and somewhat newbish post rather than actual ties between the three of them, so I'm disinclined to help him out in that direction.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:33 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Fuldu wrote:Hez is saying that tidus's post seems suspicious, but that it doesn't really mean anything until we know the alignment of one of those three people. I'd argue that on Day One of a game without power roles, that's a reason to try to start a bandwagon on one of those three people, probably the center, tidus. But I think it looks more like just a mediocre and somewhat newbish post rather than actual ties between the three of them, so I'm disinclined to help him out in that direction.
So then, The DG wagon has pretty much stopped. This feel awfully similar to the 5 year game. I feel, since we have the time, we start a new bandwagon. My pick, although Tidus looks suspicious, is MoS. He sits here, cries about how great he is, and lurks. I dislike his play style immensely. However, when he's forced to post, he can give the town some well needed info. Let's give him a reason to come out and play. We can see if there's a connection between Tidus, MoS and Cesspit.

Unvote, but IGMEOY: DG and Vote: MoS

I urge everyone to do the same.

PS: I believe we have AT LEAST 1 scum in the group of Tidus, Cesspit, DG and MoS. If you don't agree, make me think otherwise. I still think DG made a booboo when she "semi-cleared" Fritzler, as stated in my pbpa, but since we stalled, I can wait.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Fuldu wrote:Hez is saying that tidus's post seems suspicious, but that it doesn't really mean anything until we know the alignment of one of those three people. I'd argue that on Day One of a game without power roles, that's a reason to try to start a bandwagon on one of those three people, probably the center, tidus. But I think it looks more like just a mediocre and somewhat newbish post rather than actual ties between the three of them, so I'm disinclined to help him out in that direction.
So then, The DG wagon has pretty much stopped. This feel awfully similar to the 5 year game. I feel, since we have the time, we start a new bandwagon. My pick, although Tidus looks suspicious, is MoS. He sits here, cries about how great he is, and lurks. I dislike his play style immensely. However, when he's forced to post, he can give the town some well needed info. Let's give him a reason to come out and play. We can see if there's a connection between Tidus, MoS and Cesspit.

PS: I believe we have AT LEAST 1 scum in the group of Tidus, Cesspit, DG and MoS. If you don't agree, make me think otherwise. I still think DG made a booboo when she "semi-cleared" Fritzler, as stated in my pbpa, but since we stalled, I can wait.
Okay, I've done something stupid to make people think I'm scum.

I am happy with JamesSparrow's explanation. I guess it's my shallow naviety there.

UnFoS: JamesSparrow

So following this idea of pressure voting, and because I need to give some sort of show of Pro-town behaviour:

Vote: MastermindOfSin

Silence isn't golden, as LML rightly says.

I've no idea why Tidus thinks I'm suspicious, aprt from being non-comittal, purely based on my previous experience of committing in later days has lost town games, and I'd hate it to be all my fault -again-.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by JamesSparrow »

LoudmouthLee wrote:I feel, since we have the time, we start a new bandwagon. My pick, although Tidus looks suspicious, is MoS. He sits here, cries about how great he is, and lurks. I dislike his play style immensely. However, when he's forced to post, he can give the town some well needed info. Let's give him a reason to come out and play. We can see if there's a connection between Tidus, MoS and Cesspit.

i agree with you, i think that by starting a bandwagon on MoS, we can hopefully get some more info out on the table. especially, information on anything that might be between those three. to continue with the pressure voting, i'll

unvote DG

vote Mastermind Of Sin
tidus_of_zanarkand
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:56 pm

LoudmouthLee wrote: <snip>

So then, The DG wagon has pretty much stopped. This feel awfully similar to the 5 year game. I feel, since we have the time, we start a new bandwagon.

<snip>

<snip>
At LoudMouthLee, your second direct misinterpretation of my intentions has been noted. All I wanted was for TheCessPit to take a stance on a topic. Any topic. State something. And he did. I have commited myself. I just didn't feel his actions vote wothy. I get a any-bandwagon will do attitude from you. You have just recieved a
Vote:LoudMouthLee

Thank you for stating an opinion. That's all I wanted.
UnFoS: TheCessPit

Also I am not willing to bandwagon a lurker quite yet. I am suspicious of him but wont lynch him until we hear or dont hear from him.
EDIT (Jan 18, 2009) - I am no longer using this account. I have made a new one under the name Dr Pepper. I barely remembered enough to access this account. I will not be using this one anymore.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Your inability to commit to a vote while citing REASONS as to why you are giving people FOSes on a DAY ONE is why we suspect that you may have FOSed one of your mafia buddies.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:25 pm

Post by Twomz »

I concur...

Lurking = bad

and, i think there's something fishy about tidus... but i can't put my finger on it yet...

unvote, lurkerlynchvote: MoS
If you try to contribute or defend yourself, i'll probably unvote... (hint hint)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:58 pm

Post by broomhead »

Fuldu wrote:Oh, and as long as you're fishing for experienced players,
FOS: broomhead
what? this makes no sense at all, i was looking for games to refer to about this one, not who knows what, and it was my idea to stop the witch hunt because we need our experienced players.

Vote: fuldu
for stupidity, will probably un vote later, but i feel in a spiteful mood right now.
BAMB!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:36 am

LoudMouthLee wrote:I still think DG made a booboo when she "semi-cleared" Fritzler, as stated in my pbpa, but since we stalled, I can wait.
Just a formality. For the record.

I wasn't clearing Fritzler by a long shot, heck, if the scum wanted a guy who'll really be enthused about the nigthkill, Fritzler's THE man.

May I suggest you recalibrate your humor detector AND your scumdar. Both seem to give improper readings.

Your bizarre insistence about me makes you look scummy, because it's so out of proportion with my "offense."

Alright, for the sake of making the guy talk:

unvote, vote: MoS

But once we're done with MoS we ought to go back to LML. He needs a full interrogation.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:My head is big (I suffer from cyanomegaencephalon) but my brain is tiny.

I don't get HezLucky's logic. Can someone explain it to me as if I were a tiny infant drooling on his bib?
There's a scum tell some people like to use that say someting like "If person A FOS's person X and Y in the same post, or votes for person X and FOS's person Y in the same post, then if person A is scum, then one and exactally one of person X and person Y must be scum."

If Tidus does turn out to be scum, then I would suspect one of the people he FOS's is most likley a scum buddy he's trying to distance himself from.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:44 am

Post by neongrey »

I'm all for forcing lurkers out of the woodwork with votes.

Vote: MoS.

Let's hope topic notification actually decides to work now.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:04 am

[quote="Yosarian2]There's a scum tell some people like to use that say someting like "If person A FOS's person X and Y in the same post, or votes for person X and FOS's person Y in the same post, then if person A is scum, then one and exactally one of person X and person Y must be scum."

If Tidus does turn out to be scum, then I would suspect one of the people he FOS's is most likley a scum buddy he's trying to distance himself from.[/quote]

Thank you Yosarian. I am not sure how much weight to ascribe to this "rule of thumb" especially if it's well known. One would guess that scum would rather want to avoid it.

Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:35 am

Post by Fuldu »

Scum
would
rather want to avoid it, but it's been part of the larger discussion for about two years now and they still seem not to. Especially relatively new players, like tidus, who may not have heard of the various scum tells.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:53 am

Post by logicticus »

So following this idea of pressure voting, and because I need to give some sort of show of Pro-town behaviour:
Am I the only one disturbed by this statement from Cesspit?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:16 am

Post by Twomz »

:shock: :?

That's pretty disturbing...
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:43 am

Post by TSAGod »

logicticus wrote:
Am I the only one disturbed by this statement from Cesspit?
Yes...especially since all it is is a lurker vote.

I will now make up for my lack of posts so far with some sort of sho of Pro-town behaviour:

vote Cesspit
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:57 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

So your voting for me for the same reason as I'm voting for MasterOfSin?

Odd.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by TSAGod »

TheCesspit wrote:So your voting for me for the same reason as I'm voting for MasterOfSin?

Odd.
Ironic.
Fixed for you.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:17 pm

Post by Fuldu »

TheCesspit wrote:So your voting for me for the same reason as I'm voting for MasterOfSin?

Odd.
And, in fact, that's not what he's doing. He's voting for you because of the reason you've given for voting MOS.
tidus_of_zanarkand
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:49 pm

Fuldu wrote:

Odd.
And, in fact, that's not what he's doing. He's voting for you because of the reason you've given for voting MOS.
Actually that is exactlly what he is doing. TSAGod voted for TheCessPit in order to demonstrate some pro-town behavior because he didn't do anything yet. And TheCessPit did the same thing to Mastermind of Sin. Both actions are flimsy at best and have been noted.

Mastermind of Sin needs to speak in defense of a lurker bandwagon.

My main concern is LoudMouthLee and his any bandwagon will do attitude. He started a new bandwagon because the old one stalled out. This is only day one. It seemed like he was trying way to hard to end the day early.

vote LoudMouthLee stands
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:31 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Speaking of LML, am I still voting him?
Unvote

Vote: Tidus

An MoS vote does good as a lurker hunt but its ultimately Tidus who I want to go after.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”