Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Heh...I figured you were scum just because, if Pooky was scum and you weren't, a few people someone would have found an excuse to get onto your wagon and get you lynched instead of Pooky. The way the bandwagons were going just made me think that the scum wanted the bandwagon to be on Pooky.

Although I've got to say that the way LML threw you under the bus was the main reason I thought he was a good guy, and that his attacks on you probably won the game for the scum. I've got to keep a closer eye on him next time...
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:46 am

Post by vikingfan »

this game, IMO, is a good example of why you can't always trust vote counts, especially in a mountainous game...throwing a scum buddy under the bus early on can be extremely good play as it was here...
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:27 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

After some days of inactivity I was writting a very big post. It was really big and took me hours (because i was at work doing other things at the same time).

I didn'y manage to post it in time and Norinel closed the thread. I just saved the whole thing to post it in the other day but ended up nightkilled.

I was surprised I was nightkilled. I was in everybody's "can't read" list and Fritzler and Yosarian were still alive.

My prime suspects at the time were CES, Lloyd and MBL.
I never stopped suspecting MBL because it didn't feel right to me the way LML implored Lloyd to believe his innocence and when Lloyd actually stopped attacking him LML started to attack back. It didn't feel right to me in any way.

That behavior dissonance is what made me suspect Mr. Flay, and what made me started suspect Lloyd.

I agreed with everything Lloyd said about LML, and would have followed him in a MBL lynch (i could have done that even when Mr. Flay tryed to frame Fritzler, other thing that put MBL in my list) and when Lloyd stopped attacking MBL, even with a good reason like that, I started feeling his accusations were not that true, specially because he insisted in lynching DGB BEFORE LML.

If I went to endgame with CPE and MBL I would probably have lynched CPE. His behavior at all time was very scummy. He was doing his best to stay alive (like the last scum should do) instead of find scum (like town should do).

If I went to endgame with MBL and Twomz I would probably have voted MBL.

I liked very much the fixed deadlines, although I think they should be negotiable. If we didn't lynch Mr. Flay the time we did it would be a very big pressure for town find two scum in so few days.

Anyway congratulations Mr. Flay, DGB, Tidus and, specially, MBL for a good play.

Thank you very much Norinel and mathcam for a great game.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:22 am

Post by TheCesspit »

I'd like to come in with some great insight, but I have none, except I enjoyed this game, and learnt plenty. Cheers all!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:25 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Couple comments:

When my scumpartner bit the dust (and I wasn't on the Flaywagon), the town looked like:

Fuldu
lordy (Replacing JamesSparrow)
Dead Rikimaru
Lloyd
Fritzler
Cogito Ergo Sum (Replacing Broomhead)
Yosarian2
creampuffeater
Twomz
MBL

I picked broomhead as someone no one could really criticise me for finding scummy, and my vote stayed on him for the rest of the game. I took no hits and was never found scummy for voting broomhead/CES. If he'd have been lynched sooner I might have taken more flak.

I feared: Rikimaru, Lloyd, Fuldu, Twomz, Fritzler and to a lesser extent Yos as people who found LML scummy and/or might turn on a dime if I made a mistake. I wanted to get rid of all of them if possible, but mostly I wanted to let other people drive the lynches while I sat safely on broomhead and repeated my same old accusations over and over.

I thought it would come down to a Lloyd/Yosarian/MBL final trio, but somehow Lloyd got axed before CPE and CES.

I think LML and DGB interacted spectacularly as scumpartners and gave me all the distance I needed to win. Flay also gave no indication of association with LML or with me as he went down.

Props to Lloyd for his fantastic post skewering LML, which unfortunately got tossed in the dustbin of history. Rikimaru was also on to me before his untimely death, and fortunately no one put two and two together to figure out why that kill happened.

Thanks, Norinel and cam.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:49 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Erm, I'd just like to point out that scum were damned lucky they killed me when they did, because i had both of them nailed that night. Too bad LML left, he was gonna give me props for pwning the scum :P.
Permanent V/LA.
kirbyphreak
kirbyphreak
Goon
kirbyphreak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by kirbyphreak »

Why the heck did scum NK me night 2? I still can't figure that out....
I thought it was a turkey, I swear to God!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:47 am

Yosarian2 wrote:Heh...I figured you were scum just because, if Pooky was scum and you weren't, a few people someone would have found an excuse to get onto your wagon and get you lynched instead of Pooky. The way the bandwagons were going just made me think that the scum wanted the bandwagon to be on Pooky.

Although I've got to say that the way LML threw you under the bus was the main reason I thought he was a good guy, and that his attacks on you probably won the game for the scum. I've got to keep a closer eye on him next time...
TBH, in a mountainous game like this, when we get 2 scum lynched in the first 2 days, it's fairly obvious that the scum are throwing people under the bus. That's why I opposed the Day 3 lynch. LmL got everyone into a feeling of comfort and kept the town steamrolling its way through the days, giving up a couple scum in exchange for pushing them off track into several mislynches and gaining their trust by throwing people under the bus. At least, that's how I saw it. By the end of Day 3, my top suspects were, in order, LmL, Mr. Flay, and Twomz.
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:58 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

kirbyphreak wrote:Why the heck did scum NK me night 2? I still can't figure that out....
Actually, that was completely random (literally). We missed our deadline by a couple of hours, and Norinel's rules stated that no choice would end up in a random kill.

So MoS, you can say we were lucky to kill you when we did, but you actually got an extra night's grace. ;)
Retired as of October 2014.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:43 am

:(
Permanent V/LA.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by Norinel »

I think I liked how this played out; seems like the town was a little weaker than it could've been, and the scum did get some strong players at the beginning, but coming down to a final three is usually a good thing in my book. It's probably a bigger mountainous game than I'd run again, though. Not really time to reread for any clearer thoughts right now.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:11 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Mr. BUDDY LEE!

Well.. After we followed through to lynched DGB, I knew we would be in excellent shape. I'm proud of my scum buddies.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeah, Mountainous is probably better suited to smaller games (a 3-15 seems like it might be fair, like 2-10). It was a good game overall, with a lot of excellent play on both sides.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:06 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Last post.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”