Post Restriction Mafia MEGA - It's Over!

the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:18 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

In the most ruthless of summaries, Twomz had some bizarre interaction with themanhimself, and tma labeled his restriction "believable enough" when others (notably tda) didn't pass muster for no evidnet reason; additionally, he showed a suspect level of cluelessness regarding the layout of today's kills, and tried to shift eyes away from the duo killers in general. Overall I strongly suspect him of being the last Duo Killer and think we should lynch him.

Armlx bears watching, since "Triggered restriction" smacks of scumspeak for "I goofed and forgot to make one, so I'll put you off with promises of one to come in the convenient future." My guess as to Der Hammer's restriction was wrong, but he's confirmed town (I figure if someone were going to counterclaim they'd have already done) so my inability to make heads or tails of his restriction is of no account.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by bertrand »

I'm-still-totally-confused.
What's-Twomz'-restriction?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by Glork »

Attention Deficit Disquacking.

...supposedly. ;)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by Twomz »

Hey, I'm back! :D Now for some defending I guess.

TSS: I didn't remember the drawing/quartering from night one, and I didn't read the flavor of Tmhs death that closely, so when I saw "Drawn and Quartered" I assumed mafia because usually large groups are required for that specific excecution (as in a lynch mob). Looking back I should have noticed the Day 1 deaths and such... but, hindsight is 20/20 or w/e, so i'm trying not to dwell on it. Also, how is making an obvious mistake like that drawing attention away from it? Wouldn't it instead get people to post corrections on it and draw attention TO it?

Others: Ah... I don't really know what to say about the "I don't believe your restriction" deal. I said that about a few people because that's how it struck me (usually GL will make simple restrictions that won't have too many "translation" problems (MM isn't an exception (Even if he is mafia *shrug*), there are plenty of places he can go to translate it one way or the other)) and that's my opinion. There really isn't anything I can say about my restriction one way or the other. When I first got it I liked it... except the whole "You don't get to do anything" schpeal...

Schpeal? speel? How on Earth do you spell that? I hate not being good at spelling.. :(.

But that doesn't have to do w/ my restriction... which brings me to my next point.

@People who don't like my Day 1 claim: Hey, grow up. I'm going to do this in every game that i'm townie that isn't mountainous or where I'll get mod killed for claiming. Again, if I am mafia and try it, i'll get lynched in all the other games that I'm doing it in. It makes no sense for me to claim vanilla townie at the beginning of Day one if I'm mafia anyway. And if you're of the opinion that it "narrows" the targets for the mafia, well, so what? It's just like i'm Kenji when i'm a townie (only people from MTGS will get that one).

Is there any other point against me? Or is it just those weak theories?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:41 am

Post by Vaughn »

Twomz seems to be dirty methinks, lynch him please.
On a Mafia-diet :wink:
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:00 am

Vaughn, answer with ruthless honesty, yes or no: is my summation of your post restiction (post subject 212) accurate and complete? (Once again, it was that you may make only one post in a realtime day, and that one is limited to ten words or fewer, not counting votes and unvotes.)

Twomz: 1. spiel. 2.
Again, if I am mafia and try it, i'll get lynched in all the other games that I'm doing it in. It makes no sense for me to claim vanilla townie at the beginning of Day one if I'm mafia anyway.
WIFOM, which is frankly more suspicious to me than the unsupported fact that you did the thing in the first place.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:06 am

Post by armlx »

Vote Twomz

Your restriction seems a bit too subjective. For example, I fail to see how that last post followed it.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:43 am

Post by Glork »

My quack on Twomz stands.

Though
FoS: Armlx
for voting based on arbitrariness/subjectiveness of a post restriction. A lot of these can be interpreted loosely. There are some good reasons to be voting Twomz. Yours isn't one of them.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:58 am

Post by bertrand »

Is-there-any-particular-reason-to-suspect-Twomz-other-than-his-restriction?

And-how-did-that-last-post-follow-it?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Twomz wrote: @People who don't like my Day 1 claim: Hey, grow up. I'm going to do this in every game that i'm townie that isn't mountainous or where I'll get mod killed for claiming.
If you do it in every game
Then be lynched in every game
And it might be a shame
But you are still to blame

It's just a scummy thing to do
And so it makes me suspect you
It just makes you a better lynch
Townie claim not a reason to flinch.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by Twomz »

I get lynched in every game anyway so...

OMFG!!! MTGO is awesome. Too bad it's so freaken expensive to start up... I think i'll sell some of my real cards and use the money to pwn online...

it doesn't matter to me.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:54 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Twomz wrote:I get lynched in every game anyway so...

OMFG!!! MTGO is awesome. Too bad it's so freaken expensive to start up... I think i'll sell some of my real cards and use the money to pwn online...

it doesn't matter to me.
Then why do you play the quacking game at all? You should be trying to stop yourself getting lynched, not giving up caring that you get lynched often. Play properly, otherwise you're taking fun away from everyquack else by resigning yourself to lynching in every game. Quack!

confirm vote: Twomz
#greenshirtthursdays
riktus
riktus
Goon
riktus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:43 pm

Post by riktus »

Altough I dont tihnk taht yur restrction is suffcient groundds fer a linch (a) basng desisions on taht alonne is a badd ideea an b) it dusnt seeem taht unlikly), ur dsiregard fer teh thret of beeing linched anywere ceems higly suspcious/worring to me:
vote: Twomz

cna we gett an offecial
votecount
pleese?
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:14 pm

Post by Vaughn »

Maybe Twomz wants to be lynched. TSS: Yes, Yes, Kinda
On a Mafia-diet :wink:
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:54 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

thedocsalive wrote:"A t-town just l-lynched Twomz in another g-game where...um...uh...h-he claimed to be a g-good guy, and he was a good g-guy! N-now I am one h-hundred percent s-sure that Twomz is g-good in this game also."--MM

The t-translation is not p-perfect, but I t-think it gets the p-point across. If I made any m-major mistakes, s-say so in your n-next post, MM.

I d-disagree with this p-post, um...however. Uh...I don't think we c-can assume that his c-claim is true just b-because it w-was in another g-game. I think it's p-pretty b-bold to say you're one h-hundred percent s-sure about the t-townie claim.
El Señor thedocsalive, su traducción de mi mensaje es correcto.

También, creo que el pueblo ha linchado el Señor twomz porque él tiene once votos ahora. Si twomz es una persona buena, seré muy sospechoso de todos los votantes de twomz mañana
The end justifies the means.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:00 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

- - Vote Count - -

Twomz (10) - the silent speaker, Yosarian2, thedocsalive, ChannelDelibird, Glork, armlx, ubertimmy, Nightfall, Der Hammer, riktus

Stikey (2) - Machiavellian-Mafia, Twomz
Glork (1) - Vaughn
Machiavellian-Mafia (1) - Tamuz

11 to lynch.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
stikey
stikey
Goon
stikey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:14 am

Post by stikey »

As much as I smurf that Twomz has been massively scummy so far this game (and would have been happy to hammer him before he was smurfed in the Too Much Scum game) I know from unfortunate experience at this point that he's probably smurfing the truth when he says that his vanilla-claiming strategy is genuine. I've smurfed the mistake of not trusting Twomz's genuineness about his not-too-smurfy idea once already; I'm not going to smurf it again :P
"Sure, his arguments can be considered compelling, but when taken out of context, so can urine." -- Atticus
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:57 am

Post by Twomz »

Thx Stikey and M-M... y'all are Ok guys. Since I'm 1 away... I might as well start on my eulogy, or last words, or w/e.

DON'T lynch people based soley on restriction. And if you do decided to lynch someone on restriction, do it because they haven't been following it to a T since Day 1. There's a group of about 5 people that lurked day one,

Why doesn't Windows Media Center come w/ freaken Word and Powerpoint :evil:. Freaken pissed me off. Then I had to go and dig through a pile of CDs to find our XP install disks, and then It wouldn't let me not install Outlook (which sucks bigtime)... OMFG.

Ahhem... and didn't really suply any good info for their restriction. Those people are a good place to start tomorrow.

Mod, if I leave my restriction out of several posts in a row, and get modkilled, will the day end or go on?
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:13 am

Post by Nightfall »

Quack!
the silent speaker wrote: Armlx's "triggered post restriction" sounds fake to me.
Do you disbelieve the restriction part or the triggering part?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:33 am

Both, really, Nightfall. I think he was caught out without a restriction in his post, and rather than admit that he is a ruthless killer, he pled that one would be forthcoming in time. That said, it's really too early still for lack of restriction *alone* to warrant more than an FOS. I think the case against Twomz is built on more than mere restriction issues -- though in conjunction with other suspiciousness, restriction issues are a legitimate supporting cast -- and so will
unvote: Twomz
preparatory to being the hammer again.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:41 am

Post by Nightfall »

Quack!

Do you yourself not have a type of triggered restriction?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:49 am

Post by Tamuz »

I weally don't believe Twomz is scum
MM wrote:El Señor thedocsalive, su traducción de mi mensaje es correcto.

También, creo que el pueblo ha linchado el Señor twomz porque él tiene once votos ahora. Si twomz es una persona buena, seré muy sospechoso de todos los votantes de twomz mañana

Code: Select all

Youw twamswation is cowwect siw.
Awso I bewive that the town has wynched Twomz because he has 11 votes now. If Twomz is a good guy I wiww be vewwy suspicious of aww the votews of Twomz Tommowow

This boy I think is scum though.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by draygn_mage »

If it pleases the court, I hereby must request a replacement in these proceedings. My spouse has been hospitalized for the past few days and I have been unable to post. As she is still not doing that well, and I do not want the game to suffer due to my absence, and also do not want to be ejected from the game for not following the stipulations posted in my contract, I am posting a very serious thing in this manner. I hope to return to the boards soon.
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:11 pm

Post by Glork »

Good Quack, DM. :/
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
stikey
stikey
Goon
stikey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:51 pm

Post by stikey »

(Blatantly ignoring my post restriction, as this has nothing to do with the game itself):

Best wishes to your wife, Dragyn. I hope she makes a speedy recovery (and that you, in turn, make a speedy return to the boards).
"Sure, his arguments can be considered compelling, but when taken out of context, so can urine." -- Atticus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”