Newbie 04 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Smoke_Bandit
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:57 pm

Post by Smoke_Bandit »

Sorry about the quotations, mistake with box being checked.
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:28 pm

Post by just_nigel »

I really don't like the change in person at this stage. How can we expecet 'Smoke Bandit' to justify why he was so silent all the rest of the game.

O well, at this stage in the game with us knowing who one of the maffia was, I want to re read everything to see who cooperated most with Phoebus.

Was Phoebus' menacing accusations against me just a front to hide that fact that we were secretly working together? ummm i don't think so (especially when i voted to lynch him last round :) )

Was Someone cooperating with Phoebus and only voted that way once the chips were down? Don't think so but not sure. The whole posting on the wrong thread has me a bit miffed but i lean towards townie.

Was silent Smoke working with Phoebus? No. Couldn't possibly. He never said anything anyway. Oh! wait a minute maybe that was working together..."lets play good cop bad cop, you stay silent and I'll stir up trouble. nyuck nyuck nyuck".
I fos:Smoke Bandit.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:12 pm

Post by Someone »

I've seen a lot of posts where Just Nigel places himself with yggdrasil. This could be scum trying to latch on to somebody that they know who maybe is pro town, but it could also be town recognizing fellow townie.

Can you re-explain your self Smoke Bandit? I don't see how this has any bearing on whether Just_Niegel is mafia or not.(why do I keep wanting to put an underscore under his name???) Voting in a block with a confirmed innocent is certainly not scummish behaviour. You could say that he was trying to act like a townee...but wouldn't a townee act like a townee?

Furthermore, no offence to Just Niegel or anything, but he is a "newbie"(Hence the term newbie games) and I honestly can't see a newbie tricking the town so well.

Now, suppose I'm wrong, and just niegel was making an elaborate ruse to throw us all off the scent, you still can't explain the fact that the MOD stated that Just Niegel was NOT HERE from January 13 to AFTER the mafia made his kill.

I'm feeling very confident that just niegel is innocent. I know nothing about Smoke Bandit. I must again impose the threat of my vote
Super fos that may soon turn in to a vote:Smoke Bandit.
Post or die scum! (I always wanted to say that):P
Smoke_Bandit
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:13 pm

Post by Smoke_Bandit »

I do not know how to express the fact that I have just come into this game...so with what you said Just_Nigel about a silent alliance with Phoebus is totally wrong. There is no way that I could have had any sort of alliance with him considering that I came into the game after he and yggdrasil were voted off. All that I can do to prove myself is say that from a townies outlook it is hard to determine who truly is scum between both someone and just_nigel. You both appeared to vote for Phoebus which may have brought him to his down fall. The only way that I can express that vote is that either someone or nigel knew that Phoebus was going to get voted off which in my case was good.
My absense from the game was not mine, it was Spoon's. So I can not go back and show you that I've shown myself as being townie when Spoon himself only really wrote that he had no clue what was going on. Truthfully this is going to take some time for me to determine who truly is scum among nigel and someone.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:30 pm

Post by Werebear »

Now, suppose I'm wrong, and just niegel was making an elaborate ruse to throw us all off the scent, you still can't explain the fact that the MOD stated that Just Niegel was NOT HERE from January 13 to AFTER the mafia made his kill.
I feel, as Mod, I need to inform you Just_Nigel sent me a PM before he left. He MAY or MAY NOT have specified a kill. So it was a good theory, but I'm going to have to remind you Just_Nigel is just as viable a candidate. Have a nice day.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:33 am

Post by Someone »

Ok, my suspicions stay. I am going away for a period of two days (until Sunday evening). Unless I find somewhere to log on, I will not be posting. For this game not to die, I will
Vote: Smoke_bandit
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:37 am

Post by Someone »

Vote: Smoke_Bandit

Hopefully this works
Smoke_Bandit
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:12 am

Post by Smoke_Bandit »

Alright, since no one seems to think that I am a townie then I will just go ahead and make my vote...I can not seem to make anyone realize that I am townie and that is the bottom line...so with that said and the fact that someone seems to jump straight into voting for me, as well as acting scummy in the game, my
vote:
goes to
Someone
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:26 am

Post by Werebear »

And finally, two of our last three caretakers are in a Mexican Standoff. Smoke_Bandit and Someone stand face to face, accusing each other of being scum. Right now one of three things can happen.

Just_Nigel can be town who sides with Smoke_Bandit.
Just_Nigel can be town who sides with Someone.
Just_Nigel can be mafia, and kill whomever they please now, and finish off the last one tonight.

Either way, it looks like the end decision is up to Just_Nigel...
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:16 pm

Post by Someone »

I'm back, and ready to roll. I can't really do anything until you post, Just_niegel, so please do so soon.
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:10 pm

Post by just_nigel »

Yes I'm ready to do or die:
vote: Smoke_Bandit

hopefully its 'die mafia scum'!
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:19 am

Post by Someone »

Finally...we won.
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:51 pm

Post by just_nigel »

... and I hope whn you say that you are a townie and not a scum.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:00 am

Post by Werebear »

At long last, the village of Paradiso was rid of the vermin that infested it. Smoke_Bandit was dead. And Someone and Just_Nigel stood over the corpse, saitsfied that justice was done. After all, he was the quiet one for so long.

They went back to the dining hall, and had a celebratory drink. Just_Nigel never even noticed the poison Someone put in his cup until it was too late. The poison was slow-acting, and paralyzed its victims while keeping them conscious... so Just_Nigel had plenty of time to hear the ravings of the last mafia before blackness took over.

Congratulations Someone.... winner!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:02 am

Post by Phoebus »

Woohoo!
/slaps Someone a high five from the beyond!

Well played buddy!
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:10 am

Post by Werebear »

I'd like to thank the players that stayed with the game the whole way through, and a special thanks for the replacements, especially Smoke_Bandit, who accepted even though he was taking over in quite a tough spot. And of course, the ever-innocent-appearing Someone, who managed to weasel his way to killing the rest of the town. Thanks for playing!!!

THE SETUP -

1 Cop (Yggdrasil)
1 Doc (Sugar)
2 Mafia (Someone, Phoebus)
3 Townies (tehgood, Spoon, Just_Nigel)
Smoke_Bandit
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:14 am

Post by Smoke_Bandit »

Just_Nigel needs to be slapped....I tried to tell you!
I'll be your friend 'til the end....HA HA HA!
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:40 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Gj, Someone. I have one question though:

Was posting in Mafia 5 a ploy to make you seem innocent? You were the most scummy to me throughout the whole game, but I was almost positive you were town since a mafia would undoubtedly notice that his mafia partner was missing if he were posting in the wrong game.

Also, good job to Just_nigel for convincing me that he was town. Too bad you made the wrong choice at the end (but I would have voted Smoke_bandit also).
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:39 am

Post by just_nigel »

Sorry Smoke_Bandit, I originally thought Someone was playing scummier than Pheobus and had tired to convice the cop to vote that way - but I never liked Spoon's silence either and my desire to punish overtook my mafia intuition.
Well done Someone, your quick vote actually drew out mine.
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:41 am

Post by just_nigel »

Good game all ... mostly ... for those who stuck it out. Congrats to Someone and Pheobus.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:00 pm

Post by Werebear »

For the newbies... if it comes down to three, with one scum... there's two things a scum can do.

1) Accuse the scummiest, and put a vote on them. The drawback: if neither of the other two jump on with a vote immediately, the two of them figure out that if one of them were scum, the game would be over. Endgames just don't linger with one vote cast... unless it was cast by the scum. :twisted:

2) Wait for someone to vote, then JUMP on and end the game. This is the most common thing to do, as EVERYONE is waiting for a vote. There's really no MAJOR drawbacks... but it does make for long endgames.

I'll see all of you in the mini, regular, and theme games. I hope!
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:52 am

Post by Someone »

Was posting in Mafia 5 a ploy to make you seem innocent? You were the most scummy to me throughout the whole game, but I was almost positive you were town since a mafia would undoubtedly notice that his mafia partner was missing if he were posting in the wrong game.
Nope: A strategy that I employ is to essentially "forget" that you're in the mafia in the day, so that you make posts less mafia-like. I made a couple posts in that before thinking...wait, aren't I in a mafia with pheobus. Although I didn't even realise it until the mod prodded me....

Anyways, I was going to side with spoon to off you, because I knew you knew i was mafia. However, with a replacement, I didn't want to take my chances. I was going to play the...should a lurker win the whole game card too....but when Smoke_bandit came up that plan evaporated.

Anyhow, Good Game to everyone. It was a game that was riddled by mistakes on both sides, but fun nonetheless.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 12:55 pm

Post by Norinel »

Sorting bump

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”