Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I want to hear from TCS and MoS, and really everyone who didnt believe me about MoS being scum. lol
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

EBWOP: ZOMG-PAGE 100!!!!!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:28 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Wow, that's incredible. acfan has got to be the worst scum ever. :\

Sorry I didn't believe you, BM, but, well, I have reason to. :P

Crazy that Rand made up that result. Wow.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
LFBProd
LFBProd
Townie
LFBProd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:15 am

Post by LFBProd »

The night after I died I watched on in frustration as MoS got everyone to mass claim. If I had lived I would have nailed him too as having a gun. At least he did get lynched though. Good job everyone!
LFBProd
LFBProd
Townie
LFBProd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:17 am

Post by LFBProd »

BM, you can take it as a compliment that I was actually using your suspicions as the basis for who to investigate. Once I saw that Kison had been playing us, I began to look back at the people who I hadn't even thought about. I had picked MoS the night I died unfortunately, but at least I took down Kison.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Wow, that's incredible. acfan has got to be the worst scum ever. :\

Thats not the response i was hoping for. I was hoping for more of a 'now i realise that you aren't TOTALLY shit at scumhunting, i might pay more heed to you in the future'. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

The original setup:

5 Mafia
1 Serial Killer
2 Doctors
2 Roleblockers
1 Vigilante
2 Gunsmiths
2 Trackers
2 Criminologists
6 Townspeople
---

In response to my finding this to be somewhat insane, AndrewS demoted three power roles to backups and chucked two townies. I at least told him to make the townie pm public, and not tell the backups what they were until necessary. I'm not sure he was open to cutting much more...

Looks like MOS did pretty well despite this.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Seol »

Battle Mage wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Wow, that's incredible. acfan has got to be the worst scum ever. :\

Thats not the response i was hoping for. I was hoping for more of a 'now i realise that you aren't TOTALLY shit at scumhunting, i might pay more heed to you in the future'. :roll:
Patience, respect will come in time. You can't just demand it. ;)

Also, sounding right often seems to be more useful than being right...
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Skruffs »

*Strangles BM and TCS*
Good job though, I was hoping you would pull through. :)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Kison »

theopor_COD wrote:I will say MoS's bus of AC1983 was classic but we probably should have twigged that when he announced his role of serial killer catcher he'd have had no way of investigating AC as mafia.
I was baffled when he did that. He really did help MoS to make it as far as he did, though.

Scum team was not that wonderful. With Lalm practically committing suicide day one, to ac1983fan suiciding from MoS's fake investigation claim, we kind of got screwed there.

MoS did very well to have made it as far as he did, however.
LFBProd wrote:BM, you can take it as a compliment that I was actually using your suspicions as the basis for who to investigate. Once I saw that Kison had been playing us, I began to look back at the people who I hadn't even thought about. I had picked MoS the night I died unfortunately, but at least I took down Kison.
What made you choose me, out of curiosity? :-)
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by Jalyn »

I...

Wow.

Bm-you told me so. I'd have had massive problems lynching MoS even on this last day. BM has been the most suspicious to me for two or three days and I STILL don't understand that MoS/ac1983fan lynch thing. (again, that all made sense if _MoS is mafia, but what the heck was ac1983fan thinking?!?)

I'd like to consider what scummy we can nominate Patrick for for saving this game.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Wow, I hate this setup so much. Patrick can tell you how many times I complained to him about the number of power roles. 5 person mafia out of 23, plus 1 SK. That's just over 25% of the game as scum (most balanced games have about 30%, unless there are screwy mechanics). Throw in the fact that only 4 of the other 17 had no abilities, and we were screwed from the beginning. Kison played a great game, considering that Lalm and Lowell are fucking retarded. Lowell didn't even try to win the game, and I am banning him from any game that I mod from now on. acfan's thing was completely unplanned. Kison and I decided we would bus him, but we didn't tell him. Skruffs set me up, and I spiked it. Little did I know that acfan would receive it that way. People kept saying that I could have planned this with acfan, but that's retarded. The person that started the entire fake cop thing was
Skruffs
, a protown tracker. Anyway, yea. This setup was bonkers. We didn't have a chance, and all the power roles forced me to sacrifice my teammates (although I didn't know Lalm was my teammate D1, keeping with my tradition of forgetting my scumbuddies). If I hadn't been quicklynched, I was going to try and confuse things a bit, but I didn't even know night was over, because we usually have like 72 hour nights.

I'm not going to give kudos to any of the protown players, because the massive amounts of power roles saved the game for you. I had to worry about misdirecting the doc in order to kill the gunsmith, while hoping that the vig didn't kill me, and then also hope that the roleblocker and tracker didn't find me either. And that was just the last few days of the game.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:24 pm

I killed a power role every single night (N2 we tried to kill Skruffs and failed), and we still lost. This shows how ridiculous the setup was. We had nearly flawless nightkills and lost the game with 3 power roles alive.
Permanent V/LA.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:48 pm

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

I don't deserve any medals but I tried to plant confusion, I thought MOS would value that at least that much.

I echo Kison that "Scum team was not that wonderful." MOS is the only one I don't have criticism for. But if acfan's suicide was deliberately to make MOS look good, I respect that because it almost worked for him.
LFBProd
LFBProd
Townie
LFBProd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:05 am

Post by LFBProd »

Kison wrote:
LFBProd wrote:BM, you can take it as a compliment that I was actually using your suspicions as the basis for who to investigate. Once I saw that Kison had been playing us, I began to look back at the people who I hadn't even thought about. I had picked MoS the night I died unfortunately, but at least I took down Kison.
What made you choose me, out of curiosity? :-)
I wanted to make sure you weren't just playing me for a fool, and that I could at least trust you and your judgment. Imagine my surprise when you came up as holding gun. After that I thought that maybe you were the vig or something, but then you claimed gunsmith, and I knew I had you.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:57 am

Post by Skruffs »

Hey, power roles or not, lalms was lynched honestly. I guess the correct play would have been to claim power roles, too? And not bus as much?

I tried to save sj's replacement after he did the same thing as town in a mini, but, oh well.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Lowell »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Wow, I hate this setup so much. Patrick can tell you how many times I complained to him about the number of power roles. 5 person mafia out of 23, plus 1 SK. That's just over 25% of the game as scum (most balanced games have about 30%, unless there are screwy mechanics). Throw in the fact that only 4 of the other 17 had no abilities, and we were screwed from the beginning. Kison played a great game, considering that Lalm and Lowell are fucking retarded. Lowell didn't even try to win the game, and I am banning him from any game that I mod from now on. acfan's thing was completely unplanned. Kison and I decided we would bus him, but we didn't tell him. Skruffs set me up, and I spiked it. Little did I know that acfan would receive it that way. People kept saying that I could have planned this with acfan, but that's retarded. The person that started the entire fake cop thing was
Skruffs
, a protown tracker. Anyway, yea. This setup was bonkers. We didn't have a chance, and all the power roles forced me to sacrifice my teammates (although I didn't know Lalm was my teammate D1, keeping with my tradition of forgetting my scumbuddies). If I hadn't been quicklynched, I was going to try and confuse things a bit, but I didn't even know night was over, because we usually have like 72 hour nights.

I'm not going to give kudos to any of the protown players, because the massive amounts of power roles saved the game for you. I had to worry about misdirecting the doc in order to kill the gunsmith, while hoping that the vig didn't kill me, and then also hope that the roleblocker and tracker didn't find me either. And that was just the last few days of the game.
I agree with you that the set-up was unbalanced, but I'm not sure what I could have done when it was down to the two of us to turn things around.

M'eh, I agree I was lazy, but honestly? I've played much worse...

Anyway, I'll miss our long, romantic walks on the beach. I'm sorry it had to end this way.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:55 am

Skruffs, I had no choice but to bus my partners. Lalm I didn't really have a hand in lynching, other than placing a vote. Acfan exploded on his own, so I finished it off. Kison got caught by a power role, and Lowell hadn't done shit all game, so I'm surprised I even managed to get scotmany lynched before Lowell.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:46 pm

By the way, Skruffs gets my kudos. He did actually play well, that's why I killed him.
Permanent V/LA.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Skruffs »

That's true. You tried hard, in the end, there were too many power roles.
Hmm.
I kind of liked the secretly back up power roles, in a way.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:14 pm

Post by Kison »

Kison didn't die... He just faked his own death.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Not exactly a spectacular game. Well done at the end though, town.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:45 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Last post.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”