Policy Discussion: Banning Players

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

IH wrote:I doubt this would ever happen, but what if the players of the game took a vote, and the majority wanted a particular player replaced? Would that request be honored, or not?
I don't like this idea.

Now, players saying "hey, mod, X is lurking, can he be replaced?" is fine. If a person cheats or breaks the rules clearly laid out in the mod rules post, and the mod wants to replace him for that rather then mess up the game balance with a modkill, that's fine as well. But if a person is playing but just being annoying, or is not liked, or whatever, that should not be grounds for replacement, ever.

It should not up to the players. If a person's doing something you don't like, vote for him until he stops doing it if you want, but you do so at the risk of huring your team if it dosn't go the way you want it to. Mafia can get too heated and can get people too angry at each other at times to let players within a game make that kind of decision about each other.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Zindaras wrote:You can't use tone very well over the internet. A lot of it is based on body language, and you can't use body language here. I've seen people get really really angry over things that were jokes because they thought it was serious.
While I've had my perfectly friendly sarcastic comments misinterperted like a million times in my very short time here, I'm currently hoping this is just people getting used to me. Apparantly Hebrew sarcasm doesn't translate too well, or we're just harder to insult or somethin'. Anyway, while my first rule is to never ever
aim
to hurt anyone and always apologize if I do, I'm basically a believer in saying and doing whatever the fuck I want. I really think if I'd just surrender my soul to all the stuck ups and stop using sarcasm/curse words altogether, that'd downight murder like 50% of my game enjoyment. I'm working hard on adjusting my tone, though.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by Adele »

Raging Rabbit wrote: Apparantly Hebrew sarcasm doesn't translate too well, or we're just harder to insult or somethin'.
I'm not sure about that - you've considered at least a couple of peoples' behaviour to you inappropriate (one of which being me)
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by IH »

Zindy Zindy, the Kitten Trendy wrote:Regarding the use of "bad words": I don't think they really should be used. On several occasions have I found myself typing them in a Mafia, but always I deleted them before posting, for the simple reason that it is a game. You should always attempt to avoid insulting or aggravating another player.

If I get really angry, I'll throw in a couple of insults, but I only do that in exceptional situations.
What about when you're playing a board game or game of sports and you're all "You're effin goin down!"

(Or in SSBM, and your opponenet is spamming the hell out of you, and you just get pissed)
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Raging Rabbit wrote:While I've had my perfectly friendly sarcastic comments misinterperted like a million times in my very short time here, I'm currently hoping this is just people getting used to me... I really think if I'd just surrender my soul to all the stuck ups and stop using sarcasm/curse words altogether, that'd downight murder like 50% of my game enjoyment.
You're welcome to find people here "stuck up", and others are welcome to find you a self-absorbed, pretentious sophist. I have a feeling that if you look up the definition of sarcasm and realize it doesn't encompass blanket insults of people you barely know, you may someday construct a paragraph that alienates nary a soul.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Raging Rabbit wrote:I'm basically a believer in saying and doing whatever the fuck I want. I really think if I'd just surrender my soul to all the stuck ups and stop using sarcasm/curse words altogether, that'd downight murder like 50% of my game enjoyment. I'm working hard on adjusting my tone, though.
I've always felt that it is better not to do something that, even if it may be funny to you, is not funny to others.
IH wrote:What about when you're playing a board game or game of sports and you're all "You're effin goin down!"

(Or in SSBM, and your opponenet is spamming the hell out of you, and you just get pissed)
Oh, hells yeah, I'm always up for that. But I only do that with people I know well and consider my friends, and I always make it very clear that I'm not actually trying to insult them via tone.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by mith »