Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Miztef »

Guardian wrote:I agree that Miztef
made a mistake on the
first post of the game, but I believe that mistake is incriminating and that at best he is a power role who stupidly revealed himself, so I
unvote vote: Miztef
Actually, I just assumed that in all themed games, the character names are revealed. Our mod did not reveal them this game, and I was wondering if he made a mistake. I don't think that wanting to know everyone's character name is imcriminating in itself.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Guardian »

I continue to get the impression that he is scum as claiming a role name
makes no sense as town
, I don't buy his explanation, and I
because I believe voting him is the best action to take at this point.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Eteocles »

Miztef wrote:
Guardian wrote:I agree that Miztef
made a mistake on the
first post of the game, but I believe that mistake is incriminating and that at best he is a power role who stupidly revealed himself, so I
Actually, I just assumed that in all themed games, the character names are revealed. Our mod did not reveal them this game, and I was wondering if he made a mistake. I don't think that wanting to know everyone's character name is imcriminating in itself.
I'm not making much sense out of this. The characters would most likely be from the play, and most people know what happens in it. So why would the mod tell us everyone's name? You could probably infer everyone's role from that information.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Eteocles wrote:Sarcastro, why are you arguing against Guardian, when you were voting for miztef too?
There is a difference between a random vote (or an arbitrary vote, since it wasn't technically random) and a real vote. My vote on Miztef had nothing to do with actually thinking he was scum - in fact, I thought that he was probably town as soon as I saw his first post. I didn't feel the need to point this out, though, until Lawrencelot and Guardian started talking about it seriously.
Guardian wrote:You voted him yourself, at this point he needs to convince us
that he is not scum
, and he seems just as good a vote as any; would you rather I
unvote vote: Sarcastro
?
Why does he need to convince us that he isn't scum? Why is he as good a vote as any? I just provided what I think is a good reason that he is more likely to be town than scum. And yet your response is to ignore my arguments and OMGUS me. Excuse me if I don't rush to change my vote.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Eteocles »

There is a difference between a random vote (or an arbitrary vote, since it wasn't technically random) and a real vote. My vote on Miztef had nothing to do with actually thinking he was scum - in fact, I thought that he was probably town as soon as I saw his first post. I didn't feel the need to point this out, though, until Lawrencelot and Guardian started talking about it seriously.
If you were fairly sure he was town, why would you vote for him in the first place, and then feel the need to confirm your vote?
AddyMuyo: lesbians love their dogs
lordgurgi: I'm more of a cat guy.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Guardian »

I need to know how
mentioning role names is anything but
WIFOM
- I see no reason whatsoever for a town power role to bring up role names, especially since the mod did not list role names in the first post; you confirm a vote on Miztef and really commence a nice tirade onme now, you look suspicious.
Do not lynch me.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:09 am

Post by VanDamien »

Guardian, everything else aside, the constant unvote/revote of the same guy is particularly strange behavior. Care to explain why you find it necessary?
Fnord is the whole donut.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Eteocles wrote:If you were fairly sure he was town, why would you vote for him in the first place, and then feel the need to confirm your vote?
Eteocles, are you being deliberately obtuse? Do you think I actually wanted to lynch him for
being from Ontario
? I don't have any particular problem with random-voting someone who I think looks pro-town, because I'm obviously going to unvote if I feel that the game is getting serious.
Guardian wrote:I need to know how
mentioning role names is anything but
WIFOM
- I see no reason whatsoever for a town power role to bring up role names, especially since the mod did not list role names in the first post; you confirm a vote on Miztef and really commence a nice tirade onme now, you look suspicious.
What? I don't even understand your train of thought. Miztef thought that
the mod
was going to reveal everyone's rolenames. I can only assume that he's used to mods doing that wherever he's played before. The fact that he expected the mod to do it in this game - where I think the scum would be likely to stand out - demonstrates to me that he is probably pro-town. Of course he could have been insincere or have a scum role that looks pro-town, but you haven't argued for either of these possibilities - you just keep asserting that what he said was scummy for no discernable reason.

I look suspicious for random-voting Miztef and then pointing out that you're behaving in an incredibly scummy fashion? Yeah, somehow I don't think that's true.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Guardian »

VanDamien is perceptive; Sarcastro, I thank you as you have summed up many reasons for
quite nicely, but I think your confirming a vote on him
was going beyond random voting
, whatever reasons you attributed to it.
Do not lynch me.
Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Eteocles »

Eteocles, are you being deliberately obtuse? Do you think I actually wanted to lynch him for being from Ontario? I don't have any particular problem with random-voting someone who I think looks pro-town, because I'm obviously going to unvote if I feel that the game is getting serious.
I'm just saying that if you thought you could count on miztef not being scum, why would you vote him of all people? It just sounds kinda made up, thats all.
AddyMuyo: lesbians love their dogs
lordgurgi: I'm more of a cat guy.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Miztef »

Guardian wrote:VanDamien is perceptive; Sarcastro, I thank you as you have summed up many reasons for
Sarcasto explained reasons why I am
not
mafia, so I don't even know what you are talking about. I have no idea what to think of your unnessary "unvote vote:miztef" you seem to put in every post lately, expect that I find it annoying.

his confirm vote has absolutely no real reasoning behind it, so I have no idea how it "goes beyond random voting". The exact reasoning in his confirm post is "I just noticed you're from Ontario. Ergo, you're probably a Leafs fan. Die scum die."

Your flawed logic seems to me like your just clutching at straws. Why are you even going after Sarcasto when your vote is on me?

Lastly, in light of Lawrencelot's post 19, I must say I made a big mistake.
I do have a pro-town power role
, and due to my ignornace I thought everyone had gotten a character name. I'm sorry I have to claim it so early, but I believe it better to come clean then let the mafia take cheap shots at me about it.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Guardian »

I want to hear more from you,
, did you not imagine that in a Julius Caesar mafia themed game,
rolenames might reveal something substantial
about the alliance of a player, especially considering that such a mechanic occurs in many of the themed games on this site?
Do not lynch me.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Miztef »

Guardian wrote:I want to hear more from you,
about the alliance of a player, especially considering that such a mechanic occurs in many of the themed games on this site?
Actually, I made 2 mistakes that made me state the rolename question.

1) I thought the 50% chance power thing meant
all pro-town players
have some sort of power. I did not even notice my mistake until recent events.

2) I assumed all theme games have randomized names to roles, as to not reveal anything about a character. That's how I'm used to playing themed games on a different site I played on. (I haven't even completed 1 game on this site yet)
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Guardian wrote:VanDamien is perceptive; Sarcastro, I thank you as you have summed up many reasons for
What are you talking about? I've demonstrated exactly why you should
not
vote for Miztef. Your apparent restriction does not relieve you of your responsibility to explain yourself. Please answer my questions and explain why you feel that he's scummy. You can't just assert it over and over again.
Eteocles wrote:I'm just saying that if you thought you could count on miztef not being scum, why would you vote him of all people? It just sounds kinda made up, thats all.
Well, I would like to clarify that I'm certainly not completely sure Miztef isn't scum - I simply think that he looks pro-town and that Guardian's case against him makes no sense.

What sounds made up? My reason for random-voting him? It was made up, obviously - it was an arbitrary vote. I wanted a clever reason to make a random vote, so I was originally going to vote for you, making a comment about how Greeks are enemies of Rome. Miztef beat me to it, so I decided to vote for him instead. I later noticed he was from Ontario, and I regretted missing the opportunity to vote for him based on that. It's all so meaningless, and I don't see why any of it matters. It didn't matter to me that I suspected Miztef to be town, because I never had any intention for my vote on him to be taken seriously.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Guardian wrote:I want to hear more from you,
But Guardian, why does that make Miztef look scummy? So he made a mistake - so what? It looks more like a town mistake than a scum mistake, and that's the vital thing. Right now you look like you're simply looking for a reason to vote someone. You saw that Miztef made a mistake, and so you voted for him, not thinking about whether scum or town are actually more likely to make that particular mistake. You look opportunistic and scummy.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Illumina »

I agree, it makes much more sense as a town mistake than a scum one. Something to note, but not vote-worthy.

To me, Guardian's behavior is the most interesting aspect of the game so far.
Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Eteocles »

Illumina wrote:To me, Guardian's behavior is the most interesting aspect of the game so far.
It looks like some sort of post restriction. Red text and all the voting, unvoting... Guardian are you allowed to tell us anything about this?
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Miztef »

Eteocles wrote:
Illumina wrote:To me, Guardian's behavior is the most interesting aspect of the game so far.
It looks like some sort of post restriction. Red text and all the voting, unvoting... Guardian are you allowed to tell us anything about this?
A post restriction makes alot of sense. The weird way of confirm voting and the red text are very odd, and a post restriction would definately clear up the reason why guardian does so.

Not scummy in itself, but based on post 39 by sarcastro, I do agree that your voting for me based on only a single mistake, which I have explained clearly now, is scummy.

I unvote
vote: Guardian
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by TBuG »

Miztef wrote:Are you going to reveal our character names? Or is that for when we die only?
When you die; such is the norm in
all
incarnations here, save a few.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Miztef »

PBuG wrote:
Miztef wrote:Are you going to reveal our character names? Or is that for when we die only?
When you die; such is the norm in
all
incarnations here, save a few.
Thanks. I found that out after I posted the question unfortunately :wink: .
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by Illumina »

Eteocles wrote: It looks like some sort of post restriction.
Wow, I totally missed that -- I assumed the red text was simply for emphasis. You're right, it seems like he has to vote for someone in every single post. The red text appears random, though, just something he has to include.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by TBuG »

The theme of this game is NOT Julius Caesar the play, it is Julius Caesar the person. Do not attempt to base any arguments on the play.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Illumina wrote:
Eteocles wrote: It looks like some sort of post restriction.
Wow, I totally missed that -- I assumed the red text was simply for emphasis. You're right, it seems like he has to vote for someone in every single post. The red text appears random, though, just something he has to include.
Yes, and all his posts are exactly one sentence. He obviously has (or is faking, I suppose) a restriction. I don't really think it matters, though, because there's no point in speculating on it right now.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by Guardian »

I
cannot adequately respond to all
of Sarcastro's questions though I thought in post 32 he summed up a few of the basic points of my logic as to why revealing that you have a rolename is anti-town when he chastised me for not bringing them up myself; however, for now I will
unvote vote: Patrick
as he is experienced, knows lurking is scummy, and yet has posted in other threads while ignoring this one.
Do not lynch me.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Sarcastro, I think you're right: maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Miztef's mistake, as it let's the mafia know that he has a power role, but I thought I had to protect Miztef and I think the mafia would have found out anyway.

For me, 2 things are not suspicious but weird: Guardian's posts all have the same features (one vote, one sentence, red text), I agree that it's probably a post restriction, but I don't know if that's scummy or not. And Sarcastro still didn't unvote if I am right. It was a random vote, I understand that, but now that you think Miztef is town shouldn't you unvote?

Although these things are strange, I don't feel much suspicion for Miztef, Guardian and Sarcastro. Well actually I'm hesitating about Guardian: he was keeping his vote on Miztef too, but altough I didn't agree with him I did understand his logic.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”