Newbie 384: All over 'cept the finger-pointing!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm

Post by LlamaHunter »

... What the hell? Albert? Your reasoning baffles me. I thought I spelt it out perfectly. Lynch thedocsalive, win on day 3. You didn't even bother to discuss it or anything. I really can't believe you were swayed by thedocsalive and Yosarian.

I was hoping thedocsalive wouldn't counter-counter-claim doc. Now that would have been spectacular. But I also really didn't expect Albert to play so badly.

Man, I totally had this game figured out and everything.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

LlamaHunter wrote:
Man, I totally had this game figured out and everything.

I'm counting this game as a win for me and you, since we knew what was going on for sure.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:50 pm

Post by MeMe »

Just to make it official....

End-of-Game Count
:

pickemgenius
(3):
Yosarian2, thedocsalive, Albert B. Rampage

Yosarian2
(1):
pickemgenius

not voting
(1):
LlamaHunter

Dr. pickemgenius
is lynched and the
scum
thedocsalive & Yosarian
rule the town. Congrats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night choices
:
Cop LlamaHunter investigated Albert B. Rampage
Dr. Pickem protected Yos
Scum killed WindFish
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by LlamaHunter »

Oh well. Good game scum, you were certainly very effective at convincing Albert, and though from my and pickem's point of view everything was so obvious, I guess it may not have been for him.

Thank's MeMe for the game and for letting me replace in!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:54 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Llama, you knew you weren't lying.

Doc, you knew you weren't lying.

As for me, I don't know who's lying. Count it as a win if you want to, but you forgot one little detail: you have to convince the townie of who's telling the truth.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:54 am

Doc as in pickem.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
WindFish
WindFish
Townie
WindFish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:41 am

Post by WindFish »

Wow, what an exciting development. Good game, scumteam, but I think Albert's impatient play is what cost the town. Kinda shows just how much cooperation the town needs to stick together, especially after lynching a townie on Day 1.

Near the end of Day 1, when trunc was getting fatalistic, I started to have some doubts again. Sorry for lynching you innocently, truncator.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:42 am

Eh, I said Yos was scum Day1, nobody listened.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Awesome. Good game, everyone. :)

That was actually a really good plan, Llama; I figured that if it came to lynching either me or pickem, I'd probably win, but I hadn't even thought of the option of just lynching thedoc and figuring out the rest tommorow. Whew, was I scared when you suggested that; at that point, I HAD to either make Albert doubt you, or try to make you think that me and pickem were scum together, heh.

Anyway, well played, everyone. I mentioned to thedocs before day 1 that we'd probably win unless there was a cop, heh. I was really worried this might be my first loss as scum in a newbie game. :)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:54 am

GG, well played Yosarian
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by thedocsalive »

I'm not sure how Albert was confirmed innocent without LlamaHunter being considered innocent and cop for sure. Remember, it WAS possible for both pickem and Yos to be scum claiming doc, and I may have considered counterclaiming doc myself against both of them had Albert's views been a little different. As it were, I had to basically agree with him to ensure the pickem lynch.

Yes, Albert made a mistake in his read, and Yos and I were the scum. But it's certainly not something that was incredibly stupid or impossible to understand. Yes, to Llama and pickem, the strategy of lynching me, protect Llama and investigate tomorrow was infallible, but it's not so given that the cop wasn't truly confirmed. Breadcrumbing isn't strong, as it's pretty safe to do even if you're not cop. In fact, scum could almost always breadcrumb both cop and doc in a newbie setup, and just point to either when falsely claiming later as they please. I've never seen a case where someone caught a breadcrumb prior to it being mentioned, let alone where one caught someone falsely breadcrumbing.

And yes, it cannot be counted as a win for yourselves, Llama and pickem. Granted, Yos and I failed to read and/or kill the powerroles (though Yos suggested Llama, and I thought he might be suspicious enough to be the D2 lynch, so I spoke against that >_>), so the town had a pretty strong grip on the LyLo situation. But a win is a win, and a loss is a loss. Well played everyone!
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

thedocsalive wrote:
Yes, Albert made a mistake in his read, and Yos and I were the scum. But it's certainly not something that was incredibly stupid or impossible to understand. Yes, to Llama and pickem, the strategy of lynching me, protect Llama and investigate tomorrow was infallible, but it's not so given that the cop wasn't truly confirmed.

Yes, he cut the game short, absolutely no discussion of the plan, even proclaimed
he
was 100% confirmed innocent, which makes no sense unless he believes that Llama is the cop, so the plan was totally awesome/a piece of cake/we should have won easily.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert was a confirmed innocent once me and pickem both claimed doc. One of us had to be scum which meant there was only one other scum. If the other scum was Llama, then Albert must have been town. If Llama was town, then Albert must have been town. Either way, Albert was the only true confirmd innocent.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Last post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”