Newbie 384: All over 'cept the finger-pointing!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
WindFish
WindFish
Townie
WindFish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:37 am

Post by WindFish »

MeMe
, can we get a prod on notehead? His/her last post was #7. Yeah, there was a weekend in there, but a lot has developed since then.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:09 am

Post by truncator »

Yosarian2 wrote:
truncator wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
If you KNEW you were casting the third vote, then WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO at least???
Why state the obvious?
I don't know that it was that obvious. Your vote just looked like another random vote, and I might not have noticed he was at lynch -1 until the next votecount.

Basically, putting someone at lynch -1 that early in a game where we lose where we lynch wrong twice is a bad idea no matter what. In any case, if you are going to put someone at lynch -1, you should generally point out that you're doing so, just so no one accidently lynches him without noticing the current votecount (or, conversly, drops the hammer and then later tries to say "hey, I didn't notice he was at lynch -1!"). It was a very dangerous play, and the fact that you didn't even point out that you were putting him at lynch -1 makes it more dangerous. Because anyone who wasn't paying attention to the game very closely would have probably just mistaken this post for a random vote and not noticed the danger:
truncator wrote:Anyone who proclaims them self a genius, especially in an area in which I am also a genius, deserves to be lynched, guilty or not.

Vote: pickemgenius

:)
Again. Sorry for the unconventional move. I didn't realize it would upset you, the one who wasn't -1, so much. It happened. No one died. Nothing you can do about it. I'm sure you can expect more from me that you might not agree with in this game. Unless you (or they) get rid of me early. :) Throw out the SOP book and just roll with the flow, man. At least now I have a pretty good idea of where you stand. Unless you're just jacking with me to look pure.

All that said, I wouldn't have a problem doing it again.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:47 am

Post by MeMe »

notehead has been prodded

~~~~~~~~~~

Vote Count
:

truncator
(2):
Windfish, pickemgenius

pickemgenius
(1):
truncator

Albert B. Rampage
(1):
notehead

notehead
(1):
thedocsalive

Yosarian2
(1):
Albert B. Rampage

not voting
(1):
Yosarian2

Still need four.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

truncator wrote:
Again. Sorry for the unconventional move. I didn't realize it would upset you, the one who wasn't -1, so much. It happened. No one died. Nothing you can do about it. I'm sure you can expect more from me that you might not agree with in this game. Unless you (or they) get rid of me early. :) Throw out the SOP book and just roll with the flow, man. At least now I have a pretty good idea of where you stand. Unless you're just jacking with me to look pure.

(shug) It's not a matter of standard operating procedure, so much. Partly is that I just don't understand what you would expect to gain from that move if you were a good guy. If you wanted a reaction from him, or from others, if you wanted to scare him or shake him up to see what he would do, then why not make a bigger deal out of it? I could see a pro-town person intentioanlly trying a risky play just to shake things up and see how different people respond, but if you were trying to shake things up, why make it look like a meaningless random vote instead of making it more clear that you were bandwagoning?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

truncator wrote: Again. Sorry for the unconventional move.
I didn't realize it would upset you, the one who wasn't -1, so much.
It happened.
No one died.
Nothing you can do about it.
I'm sure you can expect more from me that you might not agree with in this game.
Unless you (or they) get rid of me early. :)
Throw out the SOP book and just roll with the flow, man.
At least now I have a pretty good idea of where you stand.
Unless you're just jacking with me to look pure.

Ok
I don't think it upset people, more so than it shocked people.
Yes.
You're lucky nobody died.
We can talk about it.
Then prepare to get questioned quite often
Varying a little from the standard procedure is ok.
Ok
Ok

This is a learning experience for you (I think) so i'd bet you'd execute better if you did decide to put someone at L-1 on page 1.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yos, can I ask you what you think of thedocsalive ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yos, can I ask you what you think of thedocsalive ?
(shrug) Well, the main thing I've noted so far from him is his defense of truncator. I've got no major problem with thedocsalive at the monent, although if it does turn out truncator is scum then thedocsalive will go up on my suspicion list as a possible scum partner.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:09 am

Post by thedocsalive »

truncator wrote:All that said, I wouldn't have a problem doing it again.
This last statement from your quote is an interesting point. So overall you're happy with what has happened as a result of that vote, even though a lot of the discussion involved suspicion and questioning of you?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:11 am

Docs, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Yos in this game so far ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
WindFish
WindFish
Townie
WindFish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:08 am

Post by WindFish »

I wanted to post that I'll be away from home (heading to college reunion!) over the next few days, I'll still be checking in on the game, but less frequently. Perhaps only in the evening.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:48 am

Post by thedocsalive »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Docs, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Yos in this game so far ?
I think his playstyle so far is relatively similar to what I recall about him (I haven't played in awhile before this game, though), and I think your case against him is farfetched (as I previously said). So I guess those are the first two things. The first one doesn't really count, since I don't know enough about his playstyle to use that unless something were blatantly different.

And yeah, I don't think he was as defensive/quick to react as you were saying he was. I understand the basic argument that players should defend themselves when attacked (as Yos said), and I also understand the argument that overdefensiveness is scummy (as you're implying), and I don't really think Yos was overdefensive.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:07 am

Post by truncator »

thedocsalive wrote:
truncator wrote:All that said, I wouldn't have a problem doing it again.
This last statement from your quote is an interesting point. So overall you're happy with what has happened as a result of that vote, even though a lot of the discussion involved suspicion and questioning of you?
Sure, I don't have a problem with it. It got things rolling and opened up quite a bit of discussion. It's okay if people want to be suspicious about me and my actions. I'm not hiding anything and this game has to make progress somehow.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Could you please answer my questions, truncator?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:13 am

Post by MeMe »

LlamaHunter replaces notehead, effective immediately
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:42 am

Post by LlamaHunter »

First things first,
unvote

Secondly, I've had a quick read through of this game and can say I am sufficiently confused as to who everyone is and who said what that I'm not sure who I think is scummy at the moment. But I'll be reading through it again pretty soon and I'll get back to you with more. For the moment, I'll just say I am keeping my eye on truncator. I mean, sure, he got reactions with his 3rd vote, but it's not like he's made any comment on the discussion that's opened up due to it.

Was really just checking in to say hi.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:37 am

Post by truncator »

Yosarian2 wrote:Could you please answer my questions, truncator?
I didn't realize I still had unanswered questions with you. You keep bringing up the same points.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:37 am

Post by pickemgenius »

truncator wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Could you please answer my questions, truncator?
I didn't realize I still had unanswered questions with you. You keep bringing up the same points.

Check post 78.I think that's what he was talking about.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, you never actually answered these two questions:

Yosarian2 wrote:
truncator wrote:

(shug) It's not a matter of standard operating procedure, so much. Partly is that I just don't understand what you would expect to gain from that move if you were a good guy. If you wanted a reaction from him, or from others, if you wanted to scare him or shake him up to see what he would do, then why not make a bigger deal out of it? I could see a pro-town person intentioanlly trying a risky play just to shake things up and see how different people respond, but if you were trying to shake things up, why make it look like a meaningless random vote instead of making it more clear that you were bandwagoning?
The questions are:

If you wanted a reaction from him, or from others, if you wanted to scare him or shake him up to see what he would do, then why not make a bigger deal out of it?

I could see a pro-town person intentioanlly trying a risky play just to shake things up and see how different people respond, but if you were trying to shake things up, why make it look like a meaningless random vote instead of making it more clear that you were bandwagoning?

You claim you knew what you were doing, and claim that you would do the exact same thing again, so if you could explain to me WHY you would do it the same way again it'd help me understand your thought process.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Heads up for everyone here, I know i've posted this in the Vacation thread already, but from June 20th-26th(ish) I will be on vacation.

95% I should have Internet access, just letting you know in case for some reason that doesn't happen =/

Don't need a replacement.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by thedocsalive »

Busy tonight and tomorrow, so I'll read and post either tomorrow night or the next afternoon.
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by LlamaHunter »

I have another question for truncator - from the reactions you've generated, who do you think is scummy and who do you think isn't, and why?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:57 pm

I second that.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by thedocsalive »

Back, but I don't have too much to add. It's good that notehead was replaced and that Llamahunter posted.

And while we would all like to hear truncator's response to Yos' questions, it doesn't mean the game has to be at a standstill while we wait for him to do so. Most notably, Windfish has posted the least during the whole thing. While I wouldn't lynch him for that alone, I do think it's suspicious how little he has posted throughout the game. Other than the discussion about the phrase "pressure balance," I think we have very little content from Windfish, which is bad.

I'll
unvote: notehead/Llamahunter
, and
Vote: Windfish
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:18 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Yo.

Mod:
Prod Windfish maybe?

Thought he was getting on in the evenings. Hope nothing is wrong though.

I still feel truncator needs to list other people who he finds scummy.

I don't have any solid thoughts on anybody really right now.

Though I get some weird vibes from trunc, but that could be because of his unorthodoxness.???
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, I'm really getting tired of waiting for Truncator to answer my questions and stuff, and I agree that it'd also be nice to hear who he finds scummy.

If he dosn't do some of that soon, I'll be tempted to put vote #3 on him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”