Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

After all, I don't think we have enough time to get a full 7 votes here. We want to get someone to make the challange on the 11'th, just 2 days from now, because I think a random challange would be quite bad from an information gathering point of view, and the only way to make sure that dosn't happen is to have the challange happen quite early on the 11'th at the latest.

Actually the safest thing to do would probably be to have the challange go out on the 10'th, before midnight, just to make sure it dosn't go random, as the deadline hits "in some random monent between the 11'th and the 12th".
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Stewie »

Agreed on both. I was just outlining what we currently had in place.

I almost forgot:
unnom: both; nom: sparks

Not as if he is going to actually do it, but if he doesn't someone else can challenge him.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

While Sparks has been acting quite illogically, I think I'm going to keep my nomination on Dyllan until he says more then he has. We can not let people get away with active lurking in this game, under any circumstances.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:52 am

Post by Stewie »

I agree that we can't let him get away with it, but I feel that sparks is the best way to go today. If he doesn't post anything of considerable content by then, he'll be deeper in the hole, which should make for an interesting discussion.
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:53 am

Post by Sparks »

im not goin to respond tostewis' pile of shit until he puts mor thuhgt into it
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Stewie »

Yosarian, is that not active lurking? I asked many meaningful questions, and once again he's passing them off as useless in an attempt to not answer them.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:07 am

Post by mneme »

I'm warming to the "first to 7 or highest at X time must challenge" (or be challenged and probably lose) -- without the challenger/challengee split. Sure, as much as I like the idea of forcing the two scummiest people into the ring, and regardless, the fact that the designated challenger has an incentive to challenge someone other people find scummy too just by nature of the process, the most important factor of the nomination system is selection of designated victim (and the benefits we've already described for this).

I'm not sure that going to deadline is that much of a problem, though -- with the nominations on the table, there's a good incentive for whoever is picked by the mod challenging a high-vote player (and if they don't, theyv'e got a pretty good chance of being scum with such a player).

The only explaination for Sparks' "request" I can see is that unlike me, she (he?) knows whether the scum can talk during the day. It's pretty hard for me to credit anything else. I'm not really sure what sparks' "I'm not nominating, I'm voting" thing has to do with anything given that we can't vote yet.

Re multiple nomination: given that we (because our best advantage is served by adding player-designed rules to the game to make it more like traditional mafia) have the opportunity to design our rules so they best serve the town, I think the double-vote strucutre works well, particularly in that it allows us to reach a majority far more quickly than forcing single votes (I could see "vote for as many as you want" working very well indeed and providing a lot of info, but probably too late to go there).

unnom: van damien
nom: sparks (primary)
(nom on deanwinchester kept, demoted to secondary)

Nomination Count!
(hopefully, not discounting my own vote...)

dylan: 2 (Yosarian2)
Van Damien: 2 (Stoofer)
Fonz: 1 (Carrotcake)
Stoofer: 1 (Sparks)
Stewie: 1 (Dan Monkey)
DeanWinchester: 4 (Fonz,Stoofer, dylan, mneme)
Sparks: 2 (mneme, stewie)

Other stuff:

I'm not really sure why Carrotcake thought Fonz's post was nonsense, since it was clearly objecting to a nonsense post by Sparks.

[quote=Sparks]
we should challenge before we have two so we can get some more juicy debates between two people
[/quote]
Because dueling between two players is really what mafia is all about.

I'm rather liking the debate we have between 8-12 people right now. It's much more juice between any debate between just -two- people.

I'm not sure whether Damien's distancing attempt with Sparks means he's trying to bus a buddy or whether they're actually different scum groups. (still thinking both are scum; sparks is clearly scum (and s/he doesn't seem to have figured out how different this is from a "normal" game of mafia. Given two scum groups, someone could have 9 people on their tail and still be scum (and still not have a buddy voting for them).
Did I say too much?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sparks wrote:im not goin to respond tostewis' pile of shit until he puts mor thuhgt into it

His response makes a lot more sense then anything you've posted so far this game, Sparks. I'd suggest you respond to some of the things people have said to you if you want to convince anyone you're not scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Stewie wrote:Yosarian, is that not active lurking? I asked many meaningful questions, and once again he's passing them off as useless in an attempt to not answer them.
Stewie: Partly, I'm just trying to get Dyllen to particiapte more; he's cleary around, as he posted yesteday and the day before, but he's also clearly not saying much. Honestly, he looks like scum trying to fly under the radar to me, with just saying "i agree" and a reasonless bandwagon vote, wheras I honestly don't know WHAT to think about Sparks at the moment, I can't see town OR scum wanting to act the way he's acted so far.

The "he seems to have inside knowlege about if the scum can talk during the day" argument is a strike against Sparks, though, and he'd probably be my second chocie right now.
DanMonkey
DanMonkey
Townie
DanMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:37 am

Post by DanMonkey »

I'm really sorry it seems like I've been lurking, my grandfather was in poor health, and I wasn't able to get on yesterday. (He's doing better now, though.)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

No problem, Dan.

If you get a chance, it'd help if you could just read the game and say who you find most suspicious; I know we don't have much to go by yet, but we don't have any time to waste here and I'd like to hear from everyone before the challange phase starts.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Stewie »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Stewie wrote:Yosarian, is that not active lurking? I asked many meaningful questions, and once again he's passing them off as useless in an attempt to not answer them.
Stewie: Partly, I'm just trying to get Dyllen to particiapte more; he's cleary around, as he posted yesteday and the day before, but he's also clearly not saying much. Honestly, he looks like scum trying to fly under the radar to me, with just saying "i agree" and a reasonless bandwagon vote, wheras I honestly don't know WHAT to think about Sparks at the moment, I can't see town OR scum wanting to act the way he's acted so far.

The "he seems to have inside knowlege about if the scum can talk during the day" argument is a strike against Sparks, though, and he'd probably be my second chocie right now.
Fair enough, but I'll stick to my choice.
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Sparks »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Sparks wrote:
mod: please modkill mneme, he just admitted that he's been conferring with his scumbuddies outside the thread during day
What?

Mneme was speculating that the scum might be allowed to talk during the day because there are no nights. How can you go from that to assuming that scum can't talk and assuming that mneme is scum and assuming that mneme is scum who broke the rules?
Yosarian2 wrote:The "he seems to have inside knowlege about if the scum can talk during the day" argument is a strike against Sparks, though, and he'd probably be my second chocie right now.

seriosuly yos lighiten up it was a joke. but anyways, y are you protectin mneme? mneme suggested a dumbass thing that i'd be obvious enough as to call both my scumbuddies town beaucse they were whining that they were falling under suspicion on like the second day and pming me to do so. that is a retarded theory so i responded with one just as retarded to show how ridicolous meme's theory was. it's called
parody

r u even readin stewie's psots? they're qs that really have NO MEANING at all and are just to masqureade as bein helpful

lets deconstruct the stupidness
1. You keep saying this, but how so? How is this distractin
g
the town? How does this, as scum, help him set himself up for later?
see, asking HOW is shit disctractin the town, does this need to be explained how? LOOK AT THE FREAKIN definition. by discussin some gayass plan instead of tryin to hunt scum it's DISTRACTIN. and then next asking specific s on how tsoofy coul manipulate the plan. there r a billion ways, he can just not do sum iof the things he said that wuld get you nominated (such as be active). this was discussed @ the beginnin of lo2 too about how scum culd just be active and not get nomianted by those dumb plans
so 2 dumb questions out of 2 so far for not even thinkin about what a possible response to his questions might be & not lookin at all beyond the explicit
2. What? Stop being so freaking lazy. In other words, don't use X, Y, and Z, because nobody knows what you are talking about.
im sorry i didnt rehash one of stoofer's three confusing long plans, this obviusly means im lazy :roll:
3 dumb questions, this one contribued nothing
3. How does this help Stoofer avoid being challanged? You can nominate him, and if enough people do so he will be in the challange. This is mafia, and the more people get input on who is lynched, the better.
yes i can nomiante him at any time but that would not be following his plan, im working under the assumption of his plan, he can just manipualte it to not get nominated.
4 dumb questions, this one didnt read my argument
4. We need a plan. Most of us like Stoofer's. We pointed out potential problems, and fixed them as we went along. If you have a better plan, we are all ears. You will, however, need to explain why Stoofer's is a bad plan, and why yours is better. "Why should the town... blah blah blah, X, Y, Z, and 2πr²" is not enough. Explain why not.
no we dnot need a plan
explain why. there si no plan for most games of mafia seeing as so much is unknown. the behavior of players in this game is unknown too, what if someone doesnt have that much time to post compared to someone else? this is why plans are dumb, unnecssary and distracting
this so called "contribution" was just a contradiction of what i said without any arguments, true he's asking me for arguments but that's just turnin things around
5. How so? Also, you seem to have the misconception that this lets the mod decide who is the challanger. This is only if we can't decide in time, and that is no different from a situation in which we do not use the nomination system and we don't have a challanger by the deadline.
and once agian, that part of my argument was working under the assumption that we let hte mod chlalnege in case we dont get 7 nominations or whatever which is part of stoofer's plan and another dumb part
do you not know what assumptions for the sake of argument are?
5/5 dumb questions
6. I think 3-4 days is more than enough time to choose between two people if we go at this pace. It is more important to choose the two people out of the 12 than it is to choose the one out of the two.
no i think the 1 is more important considering the other one escapes unharmed especially since if we let mod piock we might not evne get who we want
7. Show some inconsistencies then. Don't just say something, prove it.
"inconsistencies" is not the best word but i belivee it still applies. but instead of arguing semantics, i'll give you the juicy meaty part you're just going to ask for neway

you are doing the eaxct thing that you are scrutizining people for doing. you jumpde on spinwizard on the first damn page for a short post. basically all your posts are not adding anything significant. i'm pretty sure everybody here can tellw hen a post is not substantial. we do not need you to point it out. all your stances and comments have been very nonhelpful, your comments on stoofer's plan were very general, then you make a useless post saying you're critical of useless posts, you ask for elaboration, then you basically restate deanwinchester's post and then nominate him giving no reason, and then this little squabble with me. basically, NOTHING you have said gives us any help in determining your alignment, whne a player does this, i assume they're doing it purposely as to not take any responsibilitiy. basically, you are doign a craftier and more sneaky version of the thing you are trying to nail players for
8. You know, nobody in this game was born yesterday. Just because you call my questions pointless does not give you a free pass on them. You are free, of course, to quote my questions and explain how they are pointless.
this was pointless because it didn't have a point.
9. What? How does that follow?
how does it fucking not follow? scum like to law low especially in games like this and not catch attention. vandamien right off the bat did something that would draw attention, tha's pretty bold and townie
10. How do you know it was scum "on his tail"?
speed of wagon, the barning around it, etc.
11. Ironically, that's the dumbest thing I've heard... today.
i like how you show your smartness by using ironically wrong in the same sentence you try to discredit someone.

and then stewie noms me giving no reason at all. proving my point even more.
and the last inconssitency i would like to point out is how yos isn't giving any speifics either yet stewie isn't on him. yeah they dont "disagree" for the most part in position but it's still odd how stewie's attention is focused.

& THEN MEME FOLLOWS NEBODY W/ TEH SLIGHTEST MOMENTUM AGAIN!! WUT A SHOCKER
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

It hurts to read your post sparks. I suggest you watch the language too, little children come to this forum(maybe?).
seriosuly yos lighiten up it was a joke. but anyways, y are you protectin mneme? mneme suggested a dumbass thing that i'd be obvious enough as to call both my scumbuddies town beaucse they were whining that they were falling under suspicion on like the second day and pming me to do so. that is a retarded theory so i responded with one just as retarded to show how ridicolous meme's theory was. it's called parody
You didn't really respond to it. You called it bullshit, and then went about ignoring it. Parody? Joke? ... i feel quite slow that now, because
I didnt find it funny!
Its pretty convenient though if it where true. A whole point you don't have to answer for!
m sorry i didnt rehash one of stoofer's three confusing long plans, this obviously means im lazy Rolling Eyes
3 dumb questions, this one contributed nothing
He was prolly complaining about your spelling, he could chuck one in because the rest of his post had stuffs. Again, I dont understand your response. If you have some sort of "Hmm his post is good, oh wait he has one sentence that doesn't contribute! SCUM!!!~" I suggest you change it.

yes i can nomiante him at any time but that would not be following his plan, im working under the assumption of his plan, he can just manipualte it to not get nominated.
4 dumb questions, this one didnt read my argument
He might be able to manipulate his system, but right now I dont see how he can. I cant connect it with the question too, I'll stop saying that now because its becoming a pain to type.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

This is pure gold
no we dnot need a plan
explain why. there si no plan for most games of mafia seeing as so much is unknown.
This is very different from a normal game. A plan is good. We should build a system rather than placing a paper bag on our heads and waiting for out deaths.
what if someone doesnt have that much time to post compared to someone else?
The mod warned us that this might take plenty of time.

Someone else please take over, I feel a small headache coming up.
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Sparks »

Carrotcake wrote:You didn't really respond to it. You called it bullshit, and then went about ignoring it. Parody? Joke? ... i feel quite slow that now, because
I didnt find it funny!
Its pretty convenient though if it where true. A whole point you don't have to answer for!
evident you didnt read what i was responding too
Carrotcake wrote:He was prolly complaining about your spelling, he could chuck one in because the rest of his post had stuffs. Again, I dont understand your response. If you have some sort of "Hmm his post is good, oh wait he has one sentence that doesn't contribute! SCUM!!!~" I suggest you change it.
Carrotcake wrote:He might be able to manipulate his system, but right now I dont see how he can. I cant connect it with the question too, I'll stop saying that now because its becoming a pain to type.
the question was how could he avoid being challenged, i call that manipulating his plan. if you cannot make a connection thats simple you didnt read what i was responding too
Carrotcake wrote:This is pure gold
Carrotcake wrote:This is very different from a normal game. A plan is good. We should build a system rather than placing a paper bag on our heads and waiting for out deaths.
no we should hunt for sucm like in any other game and stop dillydallying around wit hplans especially cuz were under a quickass deadline
The mod warned us that this might take plenty of time.
ok so someone who can only check his comp once a day compared to everyone else who can check three times MUST be scummier so we should use the mod's rules

wow carrotcake, y dont you spend that time you spent typing out 4 responses that were speculating on what i was responding to actually reading it?
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

I have to go now, so i'll try to be quick.
no we should hunt for sucm like in any other game and stop dillydallying around wit hplans especially cuz were under a quickass deadline
1.) Again, this isnt any other game
2.) The plan brings this closer to any other game
3.)
What do you want us to do then? How do we scum hunt?

I'll get back online tomorrow
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Sparks »

Carrotcake wrote:I have to go now, so i'll try to be quick.
1.) Again, this isnt any other game
2.) The plan brings this closer to any other game
3.)
What do you want us to do then? How do we scum hunt?

I'll get back online tomorrow
1) so? why cant scumhunting apply here
2) what?
3) looking for scumtells, association, etc. etc. this cannot be a serious question
THIS IS MY NOW !!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by mneme »

What catches my attention in Spark's total nonsense is this:
Sparks wrote: no we should hunt for sucm like in any other game and stop dillydallying around wit hplans especially cuz were under a quickass deadline
Sparks has nearly no content other than insulting other players (explicitly and implicitly) and criticizing the nomination scheme.

Hunting for scum is what the rest of us are doing, Sparks (in fact, we've found some. Joke, my ass) all you're doing is making noise.

re: your playstyle: it's known as "playing mafia badly". If "your playstyle" looks scummy, doesn't find scum, and tends to end with you getting lynched, the solution isn't saying "oh, it's just my playstyle", and play on. It's to learn to become a better player. Pooky, IS, and other -good- players with unusual playstyles get away with it because they're proven good mafia players; -other- people make allowances for their playstyle because they can come down to brass tacks and play mafia when needed. You've shown an unwillingness to do so; acting discourtious and expecting others to read your mind, the result being that instead of just looking like scum, you look like rude scum whose skills stink on ice.

When all the world is against you, the solution isn't to look at what's wrong with them -- but to look, perhaps, a little closer to home.

Carrotcake, thank you for dealing with this yahoo for a while. You've been very patient. I'm a little less patient. For one thing, his posts are making aqueous humor spurt out of my eyes! (ok, not really. but it certainly feels like that)
Did I say too much?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by VanDamien »

If someone could code a online sparks to english translator, my brain would thank you.

Regardless, I am more than willing to issue the first challenge; but will not do so unilaterally with more than 24 hours left to go before deadline can possibly hit.
Fnord is the whole donut.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by Stewie »

Another prologue: stop calling people names. There was no reason to call mneme a dumbass or me stupid. We don't take kindly to that in here. And again, spell check.
see, asking HOW is shit disctractin the town, does this need to be explained how? LOOK AT THE FREAKIN definition. by discussin some gayass plan instead of tryin to hunt scum it's DISTRACTIN.
The plan is itself created to hunt scum, so it's not distracting. It focuses on hunting scum.
and then next asking specific s on how tsoofy coul manipulate the plan. there r a billion ways, he can just not do sum iof the things he said that wuld get you nominated (such as be active). this was discussed @ the beginnin of lo2 too about how scum culd just be active and not get nomianted by those dumb plans
First, saying that being active is a plot that can be used to set yourself up later is incoherent. Sure, it may get you through the day, but if you actually behaved scummy then you'll actually pay later. The rule is simply in place to encourage people to be active, which will give us a lot more to talk about later. Furthermore, being active doesn't mean that you won't get challenged/be the one who has to challenge. You can place your nominations on an active person, and if enough people support you, that person will be one of our two choices for a lynch later in the day.
im sorry i didnt rehash one of stoofer's three confusing long plans, this obviusly means im lazy
Answer the question. As you said, they are long plans, so you need to specify what you mean with X, Y, and Z.
How? It's very simple, a nomination in this game is something we use instead of a vote, because we don't have votes. Use a nomination as you would a vote, and if enough people agree with you, then there's no way that he'll escape the challenge.
there si no plan for most games of mafia seeing as so much is unknown.
This isn't most games of mafia. This is significantly different.
what if someone doesnt have that much time to post compared to someone else?
Then they shouldn't have signed up for this game.
and once agian, that part of my argument was working under the assumption that we let hte mod chlalnege in case we dont get 7 nominations or whatever which is part of stoofer's plan and another dumb part
Again, even with that assumption, that's no different from a situation in which we do not use Stoofers plan, the consequences are the same regardless, and your point moot.
no i think the 1 is more important considering the other one escapes unharmed especially since if we let mod piock we might not evne get who we want
If we let the mod pick the first time, the other 10 go unharmed, and we might not get who we want on the final two.
you are doing the eaxct thing that you are scrutizining people for doing. you jumpde on spinwizard on the first damn page for a short post. basically all your posts are not adding anything significant. i'm pretty sure everybody here can tellw hen a post is not substantial. we do not need you to point it out. all your stances and comments have been very nonhelpful, your comments on stoofer's plan were very general, then you make a useless post saying you're critical of useless posts, you ask for elaboration, then you basically restate deanwinchester's post and then nominate him giving no reason, and then this little squabble with me. basically, NOTHING you have said gives us any help in determining your alignment, whne a player does this, i assume they're doing it purposely as to not take any responsibilitiy. basically, you are doign a craftier and more sneaky version of the thing you are trying to nail players for
On spinwizard: if nobody says anything, that kind of thing goes unnoticed.
On my comments on Stoofer's plan: I recall two or three people thought they were helpful (granted, one of them was stoofer, but nobody spoke out against it until you just now).
It did. The point was that you were not answering my questions, and saying they were stupid to get out of doing so.
how does it fucking not follow? scum like to law low especially in games like this and not catch attention. vandamien right off the bat did something that would draw attention, tha's pretty bold and townie
Let's assume you are right on this one (which you are not). Then why are you against choosing the smallest contributor? Surely by your logic they are scum ("scum like to lay low," right?)

Also, you are wrong, because when someone proposes something that hurts the town or speaks against something that helps the town, that's gets you some attention, and this attention certainly does not mean that the person is town.
Right... does not follow, but you'll just say "howw dose not fucking follwo" so I'll give you a pass on this one... unless you actually care to explain how it does follow, in which case go right ahead.
i like how you show your smartness by using ironically wrong in the same sentence you try to discredit someone.
Dictionary.com wrote:an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
I'd expect someone calling someone else dumb not to make a dumb statement in doing so.
and then stewie noms me giving no reason at all. proving my point even more.
Remember that long post of mine you replied to? Yeah, that one had plenty of reasons. There are also reasons prior to, and after that post.
and the last inconssitency i would like to point out is how yos isn't giving any speifics either yet stewie isn't on him. yeah they dont "disagree" for the most part in position but it's still odd how stewie's attention is focused.
I understand the reasons why yosarian is doing what he's doing. When I didn't, I asked and I got a satisfactory answer very quickly (in 13 minutes) whereas you first stalled, calling my questions stupid, and then you answered them, unsatisfactorily, and only when under pressure from other players.
That's why we need a plan. The normal means of scumhunting are simply not available to us in this game. We need to come up with a new way to catch scum.
2) what?
Stoofer's plan brings the mechanics of this game much closer to the mechanics of most games, thus making it easier to catch scum.
3) looking for scumtells, association, etc. etc. this cannot be a serious question
Scumtells and association are things that most of the time go hand in hand with voting. We don't have that in this game.
arrotcake, thank you for dealing with this yahoo for a while. You've been very patient.
Apparently, I'm the most patient of them all. I wouldn't have seen this post or spark's most recent post if I hadn't hit preview first. That should give you an idea of how long I've been writting this post (I think it's been over an hour now)

Sorry for long ass post. :oops:
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by Sparks »

mneme wrote:What catches my attention in Spark's total nonsense is this:
Sparks wrote: no we should hunt for sucm like in any other game and stop dillydallying around wit hplans especially cuz were under a quickass deadline
Sparks has nearly no content other than insulting other players (explicitly and implicitly) and criticizing the nomination scheme.

Hunting for scum is what the rest of us are doing, Sparks (in fact, we've found some. Joke, my ass) all you're doing is making noise.

re: your playstyle: it's known as "playing mafia badly". If "your playstyle" looks scummy, doesn't find scum, and tends to end with you getting lynched, the solution isn't saying "oh, it's just my playstyle", and play on. It's to learn to become a better player. Pooky, IS, and other -good- players with unusual playstyles get away with it because they're proven good mafia players; -other- people make allowances for their playstyle because they can come down to brass tacks and play mafia when needed. You've shown an unwillingness to do so; acting discourtious and expecting others to read your mind, the result being that instead of just looking like scum, you look like rude scum whose skills stink on ice.

When all the world is against you, the solution isn't to look at what's wrong with them -- but to look, perhaps, a little closer to home.

Carrotcake, thank you for dealing with this yahoo for a while. You've been very patient. I'm a little less patient. For one thing, his posts are making aqueous humor spurt out of my eyes! (ok, not really. but it certainly feels like that)
i like how you already seem to know that my two top suspicions for mafia (stewie and stoofer who ive both given reasons for) are wrong. meneme on the other hand has followed ppl this entire game

i am going to challenge meneme in 12 hours fi no one protests seeing as were already in the deadline may hit at any moment period.
Stewie wrote:Another prologue: stop calling people names. There was no reason to call mneme a dumbass or me stupid. We don't take kindly to that in here. And again, spell check.
the truth hurts. if you cant take the fire, get out of the kitchen.
Stewie wrote: The plan is itself created to hunt scum, so it's not distracting. It focuses on hunting scum.
actually no, it focusess on some bs challenging method when we shouldnt freakin care about how we chalelnge, if we are reasonalby sure someone is scum go ahead and challeng ethem. (see above)
Stewie wrote:First, saying that being active is a plot that can be used to set yourself up later is incoherent. Sure, it may get you through the day, but if you actually behaved scummy then you'll actually pay later. The rule is simply in place to encourage people to be active, which will give us a lot more to talk about later. Furthermore, being active doesn't mean that you won't get challenged/be the one who has to challenge. You can place your nominations on an active person, and if enough people support you, that person will be one of our two choices for a lynch later in the day.
or you can do a nice job of posting but not relly contributing nething like u are and skate by.
Stewie wrote:Answer the question. As you said, they are long plans, so you need to specify what you mean with X, Y, and Z.
if you even tried to think about my point at all you'd se ethat htey dont matter, the point is that it's dumb to go OH IF X HAPPENS WE WILL GET THE 1ST MOST VOTES TO CHALLENGE THE 2ND MOST BUT IF Y HAPPENS WE WILL GET THE MOD TO PICK SOMEONE WHO CAN PICK THE MOST VOTES BUT IF Z HAPPENS WE CAN GE TTHE MOD TO PICK SOMEONE WHO CAN PICK WHOEVER THEY WANT DEPENDING ON WHAT THE 2ND MOST PERSON SAYS ET.C ETC. it's a midl exageration but now if you noticed, we have had 2+ days wasted talking about this plan and around half th e player list has completely lurked by.

How? It's very simple, a nomination in this game is something we use instead of a vote, because we don't have votes. Use a nomination as you would a vote, and if enough people agree with you, then there's no way that he'll escape the challenge.
impretty sure i do have a vote and have ben using it. youre debating semantics here rather than the actual point which mafia brilliantly did in LO. they took a plan that was set out that was uspposed to leave tons of information for town to follow with everyone's votin records, and they manipulated it into many many town lynches. PLANS CAN BE MANIPULATED. WE SHOULD NOT WURK UNDER ABOSLUTS.
This isn't most games of mafia. This is significantly different.

i fail to see how scumhuntin doesnt apply in this game
Then they shouldn't have signed up for this game.

so someone who can only post 1 time a day is scummier than someone who posts 3 times a day? (seeing as thats whyt letting mod pick them woudl imply)
Again, even with that assumption, that's no different from a situation in which we do not use Stoofers plan, the consequences are the same regardless, and your point moot.

i think we should stop talking about stoofers plan. its generated discussion so lets continue that discussion about scum rather than his fruity little plan
If we let the mod pick the first time, the other 10 go unharmed, and we might not get who we want on the final two.

thank u for stating my point :roll:
On spinwizard: if nobody says anything, that kind of thing goes unnoticed.
On my comments on Stoofer's plan: I recall two or three people thought they were helpful (granted, one of them was stoofer, but nobody spoke out against it until you just now).
you didnt answer my case agaisnt you. AT ALL.
It did. The point was that you were not answering my questions, and saying they were stupid to get out of doing so.
point to a singel helpful relevant question that i have not answered and i will answer it
Let's assume you are right on this one (which you are not). Then why are you against choosing the smallest contributor? Surely by your logic they are scum ("scum like to lay low," right?)
i dont like usin absolutes. maybe the smallest contributer is scummiest. but i was mainly referring to # of posts hta t point.
Also, you are wrong, because when someone proposes something that hurts the town or speaks against something that helps the town, that's gets you some attention, and this attention certainly does not mean that the person is town.
i realize that but what vandamien said was not hurtin the town in any way.
Right... does not follow, but you'll just say "howw dose not fucking follwo" so I'll give you a pass on this one... unless you actually care to explain how it does follow, in which case go right ahead.
r u serious? you dont find a wagon suspicious when it goes extremely quickly and most of the players on it are barning?
WOW.

I'd expect someone calling someone else dumb not to make a dumb statement in doing so.
pretty sure i dont see anything contrary in there. lets continue this little squabble thouh, its highly entertainin <3

Remember that long post of mine you replied to? Yeah, that one had plenty of reasons. There are also reasons prior to, and after that post.

actually i didnt see any reasons. i saw a couple of pointless questions, a couple gatherni info, but no nice statmeents at all. lay your reasons out then. i did.
I understand the reasons why yosarian is doing what he's doing. When I didn't, I asked and I got a satisfactory answer very quickly (in 13 minutes) whereas you first stalled, calling my questions stupid, and then you answered them, unsatisfactorily, and only when under pressure from other players.

or do you? im sry im not on the computer 24/7 btw. i must be more likely to be scum cuz im not.
That's why we need a plan. The normal means of scumhunting are simply not available to us in this game. We need to come up with a new way to catch scum.
WE DO NOT NEED SOME HOMOSEXUAL NOMINATION SYSTME. HOW DO NORMLA MEANS OF FINDING SCUM NOT FUCKING APPLY HERE? THIS IS A GAME OF MAFIA LIKE ANY OTHER. WE CAN STILL USE VOTES, ITS JUST NOT HOW ALYNCH WILLL BE DETERMINED. ITS BASICALLY LIKE KINGMAKER BUT FASTER AND A DIFFERENT VARIENT.

GOD YOU AND MEME ARE CARROTCAKE ARE PISSIN ME OFF WITH "WE CANT FIND SCUM CUZ THINGS ARE LSIGHTLY DIFFERENT AND IM A ROBOT SO I ONLY KNOW HOW TO DO IT WHEN EVERYTHING IS THE SAME AND WE NEED STOOFY TO GUIDE US"

ok im done. now the rest of the post will be much nicer cuz i got this out.
Stoofer's plan brings the mechanics of this game much closer to the mechanics of most games, thus making it easier to catch scum.
no, stoofers plan introduces an unnecessary gayass nomiatnion systme. how about we just fucking VOTE and CHALLENGE takin common sense and the towns wishes and thoughts in mind
Scumtells and association are things that most of the time go hand in hand with voting. We don't have that in this game.
WHY THE FUCK CAN WE NOT VOTE. I VOTED.

let's try something:
try to think of every player in the game without lookin at the player list and some substantial contribution they have made. we're in the deadilne can happen at any moment=. if yoou cant even think of someone much esls a contribution, they have been lurkin
so rigth now i can think of
yos
stoofy
carrot
stewie
deanwinchester
vandamien
mneme
and myself

thats only 8 playres, ill go see who the other 4 r

ps i rly dont want to get random challengers liek LO had to go to LO twice in a row cuz of inactivity halfway through the game cuz all the active ppl were lynched.
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by Sparks »

ok so i couldnt think of

DanMonkey
DanMonkey wrote:
Random Nomination: Stewie

Still kind of confused as whether this nominates him for challenger or challengee, but I assume it means challengee.
DanMonkey wrote:I'm really sorry it seems like I've been lurking, my grandfather was in poor health, and I wasn't able to get on yesterday. (He's doing better now, though.)
so had an excuze to be inactive but then when he has the chance to post, doesnt post nethin useful, only an excuse

dylan41985
dylan41985 wrote:i also agree
dylan41985 wrote:
nominate DeanWinchester
[/b]
uhh i still have no idea what deanwichester did to get all those noms or any and im pretty sure this is one of the opportunistic scum that hopped on

SpinWizard
SpinWizard wrote:wow, cool mechanic, it may take a while to get used to
SpinWizard wrote:So whth this nomination thing i am still confused, we nominate someone and then they challange someone...then we have a vote off between them???
asked abut rules twice

The Fonz

fonz looks town from his few contributions but he like many others was distrated by stoofers plan and is mainly commenting on stoofers plan

instead of discussin how we shuld challenge and who shuld get the choice, how about we actually get one done.

anyway heres ppl who i would be fine with challenging/bechallenged by/challenging each other

dylan41985
SpinWizard
meme
Stoofer <- whos disappeared

and then less so off to hte side: DanMonkey and Stewie
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by Stewie »

Should I even spend another hour answering all that, when he clearly writes his posts in five minutes? If anyone -
anyone*
- doesn't think he's full of shit, raise your hand and I'll actually put the effort, but it's 12:30 AM so I'm going to bed.

PS: you seem to be confused about this game's mechanics. There are no votes until after the challenge is set. Can't you notice the lack of votecounts? Why, oh why, did you have to sign up for a really complicated game for your first game in MS and not a newbie? (last one is rhetorical; you can answer if you want but I couldn't care less).

PPS: Funny how you post who you are fine challenging/being challenged by/challenging each other, which is exactly what the nominations do. For the record, I'm fine with you challenging or being challenged by anyone. Oh, and MeMe is not in this game.

*anyone, of course, means anyone playing this game and who is not sparks.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, this is probably futile, but I'm just going to try one more time here.
Sparks wrote: WE DO NOT NEED SOME HOMOSEXUAL NOMINATION SYSTME. HOW DO NORMLA MEANS OF FINDING SCUM NOT FUCKING APPLY HERE? THIS IS A GAME OF MAFIA LIKE ANY OTHER. WE CAN STILL USE VOTES, ITS JUST NOT HOW ALYNCH WILLL BE DETERMINED. ITS BASICALLY LIKE KINGMAKER BUT FASTER AND A DIFFERENT VARIENT.
THAT WAS STOOFER'S PLAN. YES, HE WAS CALLING THEM "NOMINATIONS" INSTEAD OF "VOTES", BUT OTHERWISE THAT WAS IT.

And FYI, every time you call players who are showing every sign of being much stronger mafia players then you "stupid", or when you throw around words like "gay" or "homosexual" it just makes you look that much worse.

You know, I don't care.
nominate:Sparks
. He's pretty clearly decided to be :not helpful:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”