destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by destructor »

joost wrote:I think that anything that will spark a decent discussion is helping the team. I wonder if Dusterham is helping himself though. His post #45 does make him seems scummy.
Hinting that you're scum can onl
So I'll keep my vote on him for a while. At least until someone else is acting more scummy.
I think that's a typo there. Can you clarify what you were trying to say?

Also, sure, decent discussions are good, but in this case, it could easily be the Townies that doing it all, in which case we're not really getting much info from the Mafia. What I'm seeing from dusterhan is that he's causing confusion for the sake of confusion, which is terrible for the Town but great for the Mafia.

Which is why I want to try and get this sorted out as soon as possible. dusterhan, if you're not scum, I'm hoping you'll change the way you're approaching this game.

On the other hand, can you explain why you would want to confuse us?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

I don't know if this type of character cxan exist in a mini normal, but I have seen a character called the Jester or something like it, I think. And his win condition is to have the town lynch him. I doubt dusterhan is a jester, that doesn't seem to be likely in a mini normal. But his playing has been odd. None of his posts have been clear in any way, almost every one has some sort of enigma in it. He plays almost like he's trying to get us to believe he is scum or something, which, even if he is town, is extremely unhelpful to the town as a whole.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:30 pm

Post by Cavane »

VOTE COUNT

Sephiroth: 3 (Nekka-Lucifer, destructor, dusterhan)
dusterhan: 2 (Silver Phoenix, joost,)
joost: 1 (Nirp)
Nekka-Lucifer: 2 (kabenon007, Aimee)
kabenon007: 1 (Sephiroth)
Aimee: 1 (Knuck)
destructor: 1 (Atticus)
Knuck: 1 (-TinVision-)

Not Voting: 0

12 Alive, 7 to lynch.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Post by Aimee »

kabenon007 wrote:I don't know if this type of character cxan exist in a mini normal, but I have seen a character called the Jester or something like it, I think. And his win condition is to have the town lynch him. I doubt dusterhan is a jester, that doesn't seem to be likely in a mini normal. But his playing has been odd. None of his posts have been clear in any way, almost every one has some sort of enigma in it. He plays almost like he's trying to get us to believe he is scum or something, which, even if he is town, is extremely unhelpful to the town as a whole.
As a mod and game balancer, having a jester in a mini normal is highly highly unlikely.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Post by destructor »

I'd like to see more posts from Sephiroth, Silver Pheonix, Aimee and Knuck. They seems to be the players who've said the least so far.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:55 pm

Post by Nirp »

Agreed. While we have little to go on (as usual on a day one with no night), discussion is key to finding scum. As far as I can tell, the only thing that stands out at the moment is dusterhan's post, so an explanation from dusterhan about his somewhat odd behavior would be appreciated.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:01 am

Post by destructor »

Hmm, I'm not going to hold my breath on that one...

joost, could you explain you FOS on Nirp? That seemed unfounded.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:13 am

Post by Aimee »

Knuck wrote:
Vote: Aimee

Also Dusterhan why are you trying to get rid of Sephiroth, you have a reason right?
This is quite clearly an exaggeration.

Dusterhan only voted for Sephiroth - there was basically no danger of him being lynched.
Sephiroth wrote:
dusterhan wrote:Hey people!!!!

Vote: Sephiroth

cos he's got the most vote so far.

8)
What is the reasoning behind your vote for me? What do you hope to gain by voting as you are?
I'm curious about this reply, since Sephiroth here seems far too defensive about a random vote.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:56 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Vote stands til Knuck posts something of content.
lol objective morality
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Atticus »

kabenon007 wrote:I don't know if this type of character cxan exist in a mini normal, but I have seen a character called the Jester or something like it, I think. And his win condition is to have the town lynch him. I doubt dusterhan is a jester, that doesn't seem to be likely in a mini normal. But his playing has been odd. None of his posts have been clear in any way, almost every one has some sort of enigma in it. He plays almost like he's trying to get us to believe he is scum or something, which, even if he is town, is extremely unhelpful to the town as a whole.
We shouldn't be speculating roles this early in the game.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Sephiroth »

destructor wrote:I'd like to see more posts from Sephiroth, Silver Pheonix, Aimee and Knuck. They seems to be the players who've said the least so far.
Apologies. I've been busy.
Aimee wrote:I'm curious about this reply, since Sephiroth here seems far too defensive about a random vote.
I my intent was not to make a defense. I intended to pressure Duster with my questions, and it seems to have worked.
Dusterhan wrote: I voted Sephiroth cos everyone was voting and i was just going with the flow... or was i?
This post is ridiculous...First, going with the flow is scummy on it's own (and I think that
was
why he voted as he did). Second, saying something like "or was I?" Is simply confusing to the town, and therefore, anti town. I'm liking Duster less and less every time he posts.

Im also *slightly* suspicious of Tinvision, because I thought his posts thus far were a little bit too random, in my opinion, for I feel that the game has moved past that stage at this point. Though, I will freely admit that the brightline between random stage and actual discussion is very debatable, so I'm not going to press the point.

-Mod Edit- Fixed Quote Tags
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Atticus »

[quote="Atticus']But mod! It's so much funner to look at people's bad tags and laugh at them![/quote]

-Mod Edit- Hey, you're right!
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:41 am

Post by -TinVision- »

I agree that dusterhan needs to stop acting absurd for the sake of it. It's not a pro-town tactic (my best recent example being Dr. Blackstrike's play in Newbie #411) which resulted in a townie getting lynched D1.
lol objective morality
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:33 am

Post by joost »

Destructor wrote:I think that's a typo there. Can you clarify what you were trying to say?
Oh I see I wasn't completely focused when I posted that... I don't remember exactly what I was going to say but I think it was something like this: Hinting your scum can only perhaps be a good idea if you yourself are scum. It's basically what everyone else has said about it. Causing confusion is a scum tell.
Destructor wrote:joost, could you explain you FOS on Nirp? That seemed unfounded. [/joost]

It was unfounded and maybe it was a poor attempt to get this game out of the random stage. We are definitely out of that now. But as it, in my opinion, still was the random stage I didn't see any harm in being random.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
Knuck
Knuck
Townie
Knuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by Knuck »

Sorry was out of town for a couple of days, will be back on a normal schedule from now.

As far as the posts go I agree that Dusterhans posts are odd because of the confusion and suspicion he puts on himself which really doesn't help the town, although from his other games this seems to be the norm. And my question I asked him was just to get a response from him to see if he would actually answer it or not, there's no real suspicion on his vote.

Also my vote was just in the random stage so for now
Unvote: Aimee
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

-TinVision- wrote:I agree that dusterhan needs to stop acting absurd
What? You FoSed dusterhan because your games were slow and you random voted Knuck saying you wanted to fight him... TBH you the one acting the most absurd. And I agree with Nekka that the random voting stage is important. So
Unvote; FoS: -TinVision-
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Hey. Noting I'm here and not away. I've been watching the thread pan out over abit, but unfortunately not found a place to post yet!

Can someone put a single post about why dusterhan is so scummy. Include quotes, and attacks made on him please. I can't make much of it
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:19 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Phoenix, there's a difference between random voting and blatant/baseless bandwagoning. If I post that I'm voting for someone because of a silly or arbitrary reason, that is pretty much the same as going to random.org and generating a random number and voting for the corresponding person.

On the other hand, voting someone who already has multiple votes and obfuscating your reasoning later with a "I was just going with the flow... or was I?" brings us closer to a quick lynch and confuses everyone about whether it is a random vote or not.

Note that I have no reason to think that dusterhan is scum at this point. In fact, given my experience in Newbie #361, I've gotten a strong newb town vibe. All I am saying is that his behavior is not pro-town, and that he should rectify that.
lol objective morality
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Sephiroth »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Can someone put a single post about why dusterhan is so scummy. Include quotes, and attacks made on him please. I can't make much of it
I would prefer that you read the thread and decide for yourself who is scum. Duster has posted twice and I found both posts suspicious. That is as much of a case as I'm going to make at this point, because I have no intention of voting him based on that alone. Though your attempt to get a gift wrapped reason to jump on a (dying) wagon is noted.
SilverPhoenix wrote:
-TinVision- wrote:I agree that dusterhan needs to stop acting absurd
What? You FoSed dusterhan because your games were slow and you random voted Knuck saying you wanted to fight him... TBH you the one acting the most absurd. And I agree with Nekka that the random voting stage is important. So
Unvote; FoS: -TinVision-
Likewise, SP's defense of Dusterhan is noted. This post is suspect, because you call a random vote absurd. I will agree with you that the FoS "because the game is slow" is odd.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

No... I meant that I didn't understand it and so if the people suspecting him would give reasons to why he is being suspected, then I can make up my mind about him. Personally, I don't see anything that striking
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:09 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

IMO, you really one get one random vote, not three and a FoS. Hopping for no real reason is confusing in the early game to all players and I felt he warranted his FoS on himself.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:10 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

EBWOP: the first "one" is meant to be "only"
[/i]
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:28 am

Post by destructor »

TinVision's vote on Knuck stood out to me, too. He'd already voted SilverPoenix, then unvoted before placing his new vote on Knuck. Was there something about Knuck that made him a better random vote? If so, this would seem to defeat the notion that Tin's votes were actually
random
at all.

This is compounded by Tin's FOS on dusterhan. Again, he's claimed that this is 'random', but provided a 'joke' for an explanation.

I also noted this posts:
-TinVision- wrote:Vote stands til Knuck posts something of content.
It seems superfluous. Almost like an attempt to legitimise his change of vote. Knuck had already been named as a a player who had not said much, so there was no need to single him out in particular. No one had yet bought attention to Tin's vote, and when Poenix did, Tin suggested that it was as good as a random vote.

I disagree with this in two ways. Firstly, random.org/dice roll will give you a truly random vote, no strings attached. Even by giving a jokey reason for your post, you open up the possibility that the vote actually
isn't
random but has a particular motive behind it. Secondly, Tin's vote clearly
wasn't
random. He even implicitly admitted this when he noted that he was using his vote to get Knuck to speak, and the fact that he changed his vote to Knuck brings its randomness further into question. Yet TinVision says his vote IS random, or as good as.

Sounding like lies to me.

Unvote
Vote: -TinVision-

And,
FOS: Sephiroth

For spinning words so well. First Nekka's then SilverPheonix's (though I may agree that you didn't have to spin so much with Nekka). Also, in light of my analysis, I find the fact that he called Tin's votes random suspicious.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:34 am

Post by destructor »

EBWOP: "Even by giving a jokey reason for your
vote

and apologies for mispelling "Phoenix" twice. =D
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:39 am

Post by Sephiroth »

destructor wrote: And,
FOS: Sephiroth

For spinning words so well. First Nekka's then SilverPheonix's (though I may agree that you didn't have to spin so much with Nekka). Also, in light of my analysis, I find the fact that he called Tin's votes random suspicious.
Hrm. Could you elaborate some? It seems to me that you agree with me on both of my points...and I'm not sure what you mean by "spinning words". I'm interested in discovering why it is suspicious.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”