Mini 501 - The Illustrated Mafia - The End!

gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by gameshark1313 »

Thank you Chronx
2/2 Pro-Mafia
1/2 Pro-Town

Apologizeing beforehand for any games I may/will be inactive in because of Real Life
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by SirWario »

SirWario could be noted to have actually made the first nonrandom vote of the game; on page one he voted Greenday in the post immediately following mine randomly voting Greenday. But an hour or more had gone by, theres no way he could have missed that. Attempt to start a bandwagon but pass it off as a mistake during random voting? He has since badgered AlyG, and vote hopped on and off the newbie Thorum.

Two votes on greenday is definitely not a bandwagon. Thats a blatant random vote.

Badgered AlyG? I simply pointed out how if he planned the move to ensnare scum, then it's not a haphazard self-vote. I caught him in his backpedal.

When you propose to go to night on page two, its definitely worthy of a vote. You cannot let a comment like that go unscathed. After a few votes piled on rather quickly, I felt that a wagon on scum wouldn't built this fast. This coupled with his apparent newbiness made me remove my vote.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:48 pm

Post by undo »

Not voting: SirWario and ckillor

With 12 alive, it's
7 to lynch

Prods going out to daedalus and FeRnAnDo.
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:32 pm

Post by Green Day »

Thanks Mod.

So there's 2 votes needed to lynch AlyG, My bet is that the scum have already voted him. They could easily just jump on and get rid of him now, unless they've contributed to the 5 votes! The scum are probably waiting for some townies to fall into the bandwagon trap.

OR AlyG is scum, and the fellow scum aren't voting for him.

What do you guys think is more likely?
Jesus Christ rules!
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:50 pm

Post by ckillor »

i dont know weather to vote now(i don't know who to choose) or wait and vote afterschool 7 hours from now. i dont want to miss it.
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
daedalus
daedalus
Townie
daedalus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:47 am

Post by daedalus »

Green Day wrote:The scum are probably waiting for some townies to fall into the bandwagon trap.

I'd imagine that the scum realize that two people instantly jumping on AlyG would be sure signs of a scum hammer. However, given the number of people that have already voted for him, I'd say it's more likely that the scum have already voted for him, not having wanted to wait for the bandwagon to get rolling enough that it would have cast suspicion upon themselves when they sealed the deal with the final two votes.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:08 am

Post by ChronX »

daedalus wrote:
Green Day wrote:The scum are probably waiting for some townies to fall into the bandwagon trap.

I'd imagine that the scum realize that two people instantly jumping on AlyG would be sure signs of a scum hammer. However, given the number of people that have already voted for him,
I'd say it's more likely that the scum have already voted for him
, not having wanted to wait for the bandwagon to get rolling enough that it would have cast suspicion upon themselves when they sealed the deal with the final two votes.
Bolded for emphasis...good point. We need to hear from
Fernando
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Everyone needs to remember that scum are not going to quicklynch someone on Day One, as it would very clearly expose them for lynching on Day Two.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

You do realise there is normally 3 scum in a mini game, unless there's not many power roles and a SK, or 2 mafia groups (2 in each, equalling 4)
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 am

Post by FeRnAnDo »

or maybe one scum voted, and the other is waiting until L-1 to hammer... i'm at university now, i'll analize it patiently as soon as i get home
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

In sports, it's not important to win or lose, but to get drunk.
tommywalker
tommywalker
Townie
tommywalker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by tommywalker »

The key logic missing from posts 80 onward is the possibility that AlyG
is
scum, which, given posts 21 and 22 isn't that farfetched.
"Guaranteed to tear your soul apart"
-Acid Queen (Pete Townshend)
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by ChronX »

I don't think misguided enthusiasm (the original tactic) and verbal fumbling is necessarily scummy; I DO think opportunistically hopping on the first weak player is.
Effectively done with MS
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

ckillor wrote:
Unvote
gah. ok so can someone just give a good reason to vote for someone. it gets so confusing when people nearly bandwagon someone and then everyone drops it. i think its also just how impatient i am but can we just lynch already?
This post should recieve the 'most scum tells in a single post' award.

Basicaly he said:

-I'll site here until someone give me a reason, then i'll vote! i'll just agree and lynch!

-C'mon guys, you started it and now you quit? I was so excited about quicklynching someone.

- Lynch lynch lynch! Page 3 is enough for a day and enough to know if someone is scum or not.

Unvote. Vote: ckillor
Middle Finger of Suspicion: AlyG
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

In sports, it's not important to win or lose, but to get drunk.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

tommywalker wrote:The key logic missing from posts 80 onward is the possibility that AlyG
is
scum, which, given posts 21 and 22 isn't that farfetched.
If AlyG is scum, the scum are even less likely to fabricate a quicklynch on him.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:17 am

Post by ChronX »

FeRnAnDo wrote:
ckillor wrote:
Unvote
gah. ok so can someone just give a good reason to vote for someone. it gets so confusing when people nearly bandwagon someone and then everyone drops it. i think its also just how impatient i am but can we just lynch already?

Basicaly he said:

-I'll site here until someone give me a reason, then i'll vote! i'll just agree and lynch!

-C'mon guys, you started it and now you quit? I was so excited about quicklynching someone.

- Lynch lynch lynch! Page 3 is enough for a day and enough to know if someone is scum or not.

The problem with this analysis is that I get the vibe that ckillor is just showing youthful, newbish enthusiasm. I find it equally probable that he is scum, that he has a town power role that he is dying to use on the first night, or that he is a townie and just doesn't grasp that some info can be gained from all this verbal wrangling. A lot of new players think that you can't know anything without "data"...I've always played on deadline before finding this site, so it has taken me some getting used to as well. I was just smart/lucky enough to read some games before I joined one so I knew the lay of the land.

All in all, I think
ckillor deserves a FoS
but not a vote at this point.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:55 am

Post by ckillor »

ChronX wrote:
FeRnAnDo wrote:
ckillor wrote:
Unvote

Basicaly he said:

The problem with this analysis is that I get the vibe that ckillor is just showing youthful, newbish enthusiasm. I find it equally probable that he is scum, that he has a town power role that he is dying to use on the first night, or that he is a townie and just doesn't grasp that some info can be gained from all this verbal wrangling. A lot of new players think that you can't know anything without "data"...I've always played on deadline before finding this site, so it has taken me some getting used to as well. I was just smart/lucky enough to read some games before I joined one so I knew the lay of the land.

All in all, I think
ckillor deserves a FoS
i understand that some info can be gained, but for the most part its all speculation, which to me, doesnt prove all that much unless you test it out.
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:04 am

Post by ChronX »

ckillor wrote:
ChronX wrote:
FeRnAnDo wrote:
ckillor wrote:
Unvote

Basicaly he said:

All in all, I think
ckillor deserves a FoS
i understand that some info can be gained, but for the most part its all speculation, which to me, doesnt prove all that much unless you test it out.
I am sympathetic to this point. On this site just be careful about how you say it or how eager you appear to be to work from this viewpoint, because 99+% of the members here will interpret you as scummy/eager to lynch.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:44 am

Post by SirWario »

I got a similar read on ckillor. Though, giving people amnesty now because they're new allows them to exhibit peculiar behaviour later in the game, without supicion due to the excuse that they don't know how to play. I can only excuse this play once because I have a strong feeling that one of these newbies is going to end up killing us later.

Has thorum posted since his scummy "night proposal"?
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:57 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

No
2/2 Pro-Mafia
1/2 Pro-Town

Apologizeing beforehand for any games I may/will be inactive in because of Real Life
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:02 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

Also, I don't know why but in the back of my head there is a warining or something going off, I need to reread. I think there is a scumtell or something I missed somewhere.
2/2 Pro-Mafia
1/2 Pro-Town

Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

SirWario wrote:Has thorum posted since his scummy "night proposal"?
What stops you from finding out youself?
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:28 pm

Post by Green Day »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but AlyG has been trying to avoid this whole game. He has realised that he has been caught as scum.

AlyG wrote:
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:21 am
Post subject: 58 Reply with quote
Thorum wrote:
I propose we go to night: unvote and vote for AlyG

Aren't you a bit eager to lynch here? Firstly, you cold give reasons of why you think i'm scummy instead of jumping on the bandwagon. You seem like scum desperately trying to keep the pressure off yourself. Vote: Thorum

Was this not AlyG's last post on this game? Please explain why you haven't posted since. And yes you were active 2 days later.

AlyG wrote: (in different game)
Forum: The Road to Rome
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:59 pm
Subject: Newbie 439! At Death's Door! Day 2!
Why "of course"?

I also want to know. And when were you asked to claim?
This proves that he's has been purposely avoiding this game..

Unvote, Vote: AlyG
Jesus Christ rules!
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by AlyG »

Just because i haven't posted here for 2 days doesn't mean i'm purposely trying to avoid the game. I've already explained my defense and i had nothing else to add. That's a pretty weird reason to put someone one vote from a lynch. Your just looking for a good reason to jump on the bandwagon.

Unvote, Vote:Green Day
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:45 am

Post by SirWario »

Greenday, that is a terrible reason to vote. I hate metagaming.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Green Day wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but AlyG has been trying to avoid this whole game. He has realised that he has been caught as scum.

AlyG wrote:
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:21 am
Post subject: 58 Reply with quote
Thorum wrote:
I propose we go to night: unvote and vote for AlyG

Aren't you a bit eager to lynch here? Firstly, you cold give reasons of why you think i'm scummy instead of jumping on the bandwagon. You seem like scum desperately trying to keep the pressure off yourself. Vote: Thorum

Was this not AlyG's last post on this game? Please explain why you haven't posted since. And yes you were active 2 days later.

AlyG wrote: (in different game)
Forum: The Road to Rome
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:59 pm
Subject: Newbie 439! At Death's Door! Day 2!
Why "of course"?

I also want to know. And when were you asked to claim?
This proves that he's has been purposely avoiding this game..

Unvote, Vote: AlyG
Metagaming. Are you kidding me?

Still. I feel AlyG is scum.
Middle Finger of Suspicion with sprinkles on top: GreenDay

AlyG definately over-reacted to GreenDays post though. Meta gaming, you say that no-one likes it and that player now knows what not to do to help the town, so they don't do it again and everyone goes on with their busy lives. At least, that's what happened to me all those weeks ago. :P
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”