Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Setael said I was CONFIRMED town. Don't you trust her ??
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by TheStranger »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Setael said I was CONFIRMED town. Don't you trust her ??
Umm, are you not arguing that she is scum?
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:25 pm

She
said that
I
was town. Why are you accusing me of scum ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Look, fuck this ego bullshit. I know you are hopelessly paranoid of everyone, but you've got to do the one thing that makes sense. Stand up for yourself as a man. Do the right thing.

Yeah I said I would vote you tomorrow. Sothefuckwhat. And I will. This game is not survival-based.

IF I were scum, I would have hammered that idiot who voted himself ages ago and went along with his flawed little plan. But I'm not. Setael gave me immunity because she will kill me tonight. Are you following ?

Quit being manipulated so easily, you gullible sheep. Don't you see she is USING your pathetic ass ? Break free of your lethargy. Vote Setael. End this game and take the trophy home.

I know you don't like me, and that's fine.

All I'm saying is that we put our differences aside and do the one sensible, strategic move. Because, honestly, if you aren't lynching Setael today, in all probability she will lynch you tomorrow and mark yet another victory on her scumboard.

I'm just saving you the shame here. I know who Thesp will hammer. I know who will win. The end result will be the same. But you have the power to put YOUR vote on HER ass and say "there, I did it, I'm the one who hammered the last scum. Praise me". You can make that choice. Or, you can let somebody else make that choice for you and sulk in the post-game, doubting yourself and thinking about the what-ifs.

Anyway man, its your call. I just laid out what awaited you on the other side of each decision, but I can't take your vote from you. I'll guide you through the door, but you have to walk through it. Y'know what ? Good luck mate. Whatever decision you reach after reading this, I hope you will accept the consequences of it, and just remember one thing: you deserve to win. You're a unique player, and no one in this game can see things the way you do. Don't let your gift go to waste.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Ythill »

Stranger wrote:If Setael or myself are the only scum as ABR believes...
It's pretty clear to me, now, that you're a BPT. I agree that ABR coud very well be our remaining scum. Either he or Seta.

I also understand that I was your #1 suspect so whatever. Your vote is were it belongs. Thanks for not hammering me when I'd voted myself.

I trust Thesp to make a good decision here.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:55 pm

If Thesp is the last scum, we're fucked. heh
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Ythill »

ABR wrote:I'm just saving you the shame here. I know who Thesp will hammer. I know who will win. The end result will be the same. But you have the power to put YOUR vote on HER ass and say "there, I did it, I'm the one who hammered the last scum. Praise me".
:lol:
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Hahaha that was fun writing =P
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by TheStranger »

I'm sorry, I just don't see you putting in the kind of effort you have if you really think the outcome will be the same either way.
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:04 pm

I take it you didn't like my semi-satirical essay =P
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Setael »

Setael wrote:Claus is cleared as doc - considering how nothing seemed to add up, I don't see scum fake claiming doc in his situation.
Regardless of ABR's accusations, I have very good reasons for considering Claus/ABR confirmed town.

I thought about this for awhile after Claus claimed. Imagine for a moment that hypothetically Claus' role is scum. Everyone claims and no one has said they're a doc. So he decides to claim town, but then claim doc and say he was trying to set up the scum into revealing something. In order for him to do this he would have to be pretty damn sure there is no doc in the game. In order to know this he would either have had to, as scum, decide to no kill twice in a row (immediately after replacing in, mind you) or have targeted TheStranger twice in a row. And even THEN he really wouldn't be sure there's no doc. He'd just know he hadn't been blocked by a doc so he'd be confident in the fact. Then, seeing no one claim doc he'd have to trust that the real doc isn't just claiming vanilla.

I have a lot of problems with this hypothetical situation. First of all, since no cop claimed there was no reason for a doc to open himself up to a NK so no doc claiming meant nothing, and it certainly didn't mean there wasn't a doc. Claus, as scum, would not have been confident claiming doc and expecting to not be countered. I also have a problem with assuming that Claus would have decided to no kill twice or that he would've targeted TheStranger twice. Both seem unlikely, and even if that was the case, I still don't think it would've given Claus the certainty about the lack of a doc to claim doc. On top of all that, he was the last to claim and was in perfect position to claim doc clean. Why claim town and then take it back and claim doc if you're scum, drawing unnecessary negative attention?

So yeah, I believe his claim. That doesn't mean he's right about his suspicions which is not a surprise since for some reason ABR has a nasty habit of thinking I'm scum when I'm not and getting me mislynched.
ABR wrote:Seeing Setael fishing for a role-blocker to determine whether she has to deal with a RB or a doc just reeks of scumminess.
Can you quote this fishing you're referring to? I certainly don't recall doing it. And while you're at it, explain to me why scum would care whether they have to "deal with" a RB or a doc? Isn't the effect the same? So what would it matter?

I don't see a townie self voting at this stage of the game. I think Ythill did it because he has no need to fear scum quick lynching him. He's the last scum and if he's on the wagon it's a safe gambit since everyone else are townies. I'm not surprised he's following ABR like a sheep. ABR is making it easy for Ythill to hide behind him.

I am glad the choice is between myself and Ythill. Either one gets us closer to a town win. If I'm lynched just kill Ythill tomorrow.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:07 am

Setael wrote:I'm hoping the no kill was caused by a roleblocker. If so, we've got another scum bagged.
FISHING

Shortly after everyone was made to claim not-RB.

Setael is sooo scum.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Setael »

Is that all you have? Because that isn't fishing. If the no kill had been caused by a roleblocker, they'd have come out and said who they blocked and it would've been game over. If it was caused by a doc, we'd have less info.

Your statement that everyone was "made to claim" not-RB is odd. Are you insinuating that I made them claim whether they were RB or not? I don't think that was even my idea.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:45 am

It was you and Thesp. Anyway. DIE scum DIE!
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Ythill »

Seta, please start being reasonable. You know exactly why I self-voted, because I explained it in #665, the same post where I voted for you. If Claus had been a bomb, as his breadcrumbs indicated, then his doc claim was an excellent scum trap. If not, his breadcrumbs indicated that he was scum considering one fake claim and then going for another.

Either way, my plan would have revealed scum. Because they died if Claus was the bomb, or because Claus/ABR didn't die if he was scum. Think about the permutations and you'll understand.

Our remaining mafioso is Seta, ABR, or Thesp. Not willing to consider Thesp at this point because, while he
could
be scum I don't have any reason to believe he
is
scum and neither does anyone else. And giving ABR the benefit of the doubt because he's a likely NK. Which means the only person left to vote is you Seta. Nothing about that is blindly following ABR.

But lately, Seta's posts have been seeming quite pro-town. I especially like her point about the role-blocker: revealing the RB would end the game with a win for town. Scum wouldn't fish for the role.

So
unvote
for now. I need to feed the kid, then I'll take a little closer look at the game and re-vote.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:12 am

Whahahaha you think the RB wouldn't have claimed by himself ???

"HMMM MAYBE THIS LADY IS RITE, MAYBE I SHOULD CLAIM"

NO!!!! hahaha. If there ever was a RB, he would've come out without any nudging, and ended the game. Lmao. Setael is soooo scummy. I remember back during my re-read when her scumpartner FoS'd her and moved on. Classic scum behavior.

SETAEL IS THE LAST SCUM 99%!!!!

If not its thestranger.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:14 am

Guys, seriously ? I mean,
seriously
? Are you this bad at mafia ?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:16 am

All right I just received my night actions. Apparently my predecessors chose to protect scum day 1, didn't send any actions day 2, Ythill was protected day 3, and Thesp was protected days 4 and 5. Not sure how you jive with all this, but I don't need to make sense of it since I already narrowed down the scum to two players.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:16 am

Post by TheStranger »

Setael, I seriously disagree with your opinion that a doctor would claim vanilla in a massclaim. Why even bother claiming if we are expecting TOWN to lie?!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:17 am

TheStranger wrote:Setael, I seriously disagree with your opinion that a doctor would claim vanilla in a massclaim. Why even bother claiming if we are expecting TOWN to lie?!
See ??? C'mon man, REDEEM YOURSELF! Vote Setael!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:27 am

TheStranger wrote:Setael, I seriously disagree with your opinion that a doctor would claim vanilla in a massclaim. Why even bother claiming if we are expecting TOWN to lie?!
I am seriously contemplating hammering Ythill-town just to force you into a decision on day 7, between Thesp and Set-scum.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Claus »

Albert, you rock!

I'm taking back the wheel now. Thanks for holding it while I duelled with my ex. Damn, that bitch made me lose my place in the mini normal queue.

TheStranger - I don't care if you believe or not that my leaving was intentional. It was. This is my only active game right now (besides a co-modding with ABR).

I did not claimed doc at first (even though I did breadcrumb), because I wanted to see the reactions of the town. It was a gambit that I wanted to try. You have to be creative from time to time to have fun.

Setael - my arguments are not full of wifom. I started my re-read thinking that TS claim's was fake, and he was the scum. The re-read made me see you as the most probable scum. After I started seeing that, of course I tried to re-view the events from a possible Seta-scum point of view. This is not WIFOM, because I'm making my choice of the most probable event.

Ythill - The "bang" comes from computer literature. I'm a comp geek. Bang - "!" means "not" in computer lingo. What I wanted to write in my claim was "bang vanilla townie" - not vanilla townie.

I'll leave ABR's vote on Seta, and maybe continue my re-read tomorrow.

That's all for now kids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Ythill »

Claus wrote:The "bang" comes from computer literature. I'm a comp geek. Bang - "!" means "not" in computer lingo.
I’m a geek myself. Been on BBS almost daily for ten years, haunt warez sites, understand 1337, never heard of bang used that way before. An extensive search of online computer slang glossaries revealed no such term. Please cite, with links, a couple examples of the term used in that context.
Claus wrote:What I wanted to write in my claim was "bang vanilla townie" - not vanilla townie.
Strange, because you wrote, “Bang. I’m town.” And claimed, in #648, to have omitted “vanilla” on purpose. So which is it? And why did you suggest both?
In 648, Claus wrote:Ok, let's stop with this charade. I don't think I'm smart enough (or experienced enough) to use it by myself all that well. I hope Thesp and/or Ythill (if not scum) can use the reactions that happened so far.

I'm the doc. I roleclaimed only "town", not "vanilla townie" back there.
Why don’t you explain the use of the breadcrumbs here?
In 661, ABR wrote:I SWEAR that anyone who hammers that bastard will suffer a quick and unmourned death tomorrow.
In 678, ABR wrote:Yeah I said I would vote you tomorrow. Sothefuckwhat. And I will.
These are the two most explicit instances where ABR assumes he will be alive tomorrow, there are others that are less explicit. If he’s the doc, why would he not be dead? Even if there’s some plausile strategy in not killing him, why would he assume that to be the play for scum? Rhetorical questions, BTW, now that Claus is back.
In 656, ABR wrote:Re-read time!
ABR claims to have read the thread in two hours and sixteen minutes. Not unbelievable, but certainly quick for someone who is examining closely for clues. What’s more, he finally posts his night choices in #692, as if seeing them for the first time. But if he had read the thread, why wouldn’t he have see Claus’ #648?
In 648, Claus wrote: N1 CTD protected rite
N2 CTD missed the night order, then he was replaced D3.
N3 I protected Ythill
N4 and N5 I protected Thesp.
I find it odd that ABR mentions very few details from the thread, all of them regarding Seta, as if he selected her as a target and then read her in isolation, looking for tells.
In 692 wrote:Apparently my predecessors chose to protect scum day 1.
Rite = scum? Actually, Rite = Thesp. It’s strange then that Thesp magically becomes ABR’s secondary lynch target in #695. This isn’t damning by itself, but it does raise my suspicions.

Also, ABR thinks Seta is scummy because she confirmed him as town, yet he does the same to me. I am town, but there’s no way for ABR to know that definitively and he provides no evidence.

Thesp is town. S2 is a BPT. Seta is MotR. Claus is my PE#1.

However… if Claus is lynched today and comes up doc, we are giving scum the choice of who to NK. If Seta is lynched today and comes up town, Claus-scum will have lived through the night and NKed either me or Thesp while Thesp or myself (as scum) will have been forced to NK Claus.

On alignment evidence alone, I believe Claus is our scum. Strategically speaking it might be better to lynch Seta first, just in case. I do agree that, from Seta’s point of view (if she’s town) she and I are interchangeable here.

I’m voting my conscience here, but I will drop a hammer on Seta. Thesp and Stranger, don’t vote her unless you want her to hang.

vote: Claus
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Claus »

Ythill wrote:An extensive search of online computer slang glossaries revealed no such term. Please cite, with links, a couple examples of the term used in that context.
whut? Extensive search, Ythill??????? Two minutes in google with "bang symbol" gave me this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclamation_mark
wikipedia wrote:In typesetting or printing (and therefore when spelling text out orally), the exclamation mark is called a screamer or bang. "Bang" is also common in computer programming slang. Less common names in publishing include "gasper" and "startler".[1]
And in C and C-like languages, you use bang to denote a negative:
if (! foo)
if (foo !=0)

Ythill, you may have "years of BBS", but it seems you have never programmed before.
Strange, because you wrote, “Bang. I’m town.” And claimed, in #648, to have omitted “vanilla” on purpose. So which is it? And why did you suggest both?
Because I was in a hurry when I wrote that.
Why don’t you explain the use of the breadcrumbs here?
Because when I decided to write this post, I realized that I did not write "vanilla townie" as I intended, but "town" by mistake. So using the simpler explanation worked just as well, since the goal was not to show how clever I am with my use of breadcrumbs, but explain that I just intended to counterclaim myself later.

I just actually stopped to explain the bang thing because you thought I had used it to breadcrumb "bomb", It was a passing comment for the sake of curiosity.
These are the two most explicit instances where ABR assumes he will be alive tomorrow, there are others that are less explicit. If he’s the doc, why would he not be dead?
ABR assumes he will be dead when he say he will hammer you, Ythill, in one of his latest messages:
ABR wrote:I am seriously contemplating hammering Ythill-town just to force you into a decision on day 7, between Thesp and Set-scum.
ABR claims to have read the thread in two hours and sixteen minutes. Not unbelievable, but certainly quick for someone who is examining closely for clues. What’s more, he finally posts his night choices in #692, as if seeing them for the first time. But if he had read the thread, why wouldn’t he have see Claus’ #648?
Because ABR is insane. :-P He obviously didn't read the whole thread. I have no idea what he read and what he didn't.
It’s strange then that Thesp magically becomes ABR’s secondary lynch target in #695.
You have misread #695. Read it again. He says that, if he hammered you, TheStranger would be forced to choose to choose between Setael and Thesp.

On alignment evidence alone, I believe Claus is our scum.
Interesting, that's the second time you radically change your mind this time out radically.

I'll reserve my questions for you when I finish my re-read of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Ythill »

Claus wrote: whut? Extensive search, Ythill??????? Two minutes in google with "bang symbol" gave me this...
Your google fu is stronger than mine (imagine my lips moving out of sync). :)

Seriously, I entered a lot of permutations but "bang symbol" wasn't one of them. Apologies. Argument withdrawn. And no I've not done much programming.

I have been wondering how much of the last two pages should be chalked up to ABR's insanity. Thanks for clearing up my misread of #695.
Claus wrote:Interesting, that's the second time you radically change your mind this time out radically.
You of all people in this game should know how much I change my mind and how dynamically it swings when I do. In this case, I was blinded by the "bang."

Unvote
which leaves only one option
vote:Seta
. LOL. At least I don't have any more decisions to make.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”