JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by JDodge »

ryan wrote:
Phate wrote:Also, if you posted your role PM in a previous game, you must be either an idiot or a tool.
Are you fucking kidding me?
Hey, look who actually
did
break said first rule!
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by ryan »

How was that disrespectful? I asked if he was kidding me. Here's the rools for the people who didn't care to read them

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
Rules On what is Allowable
:
[01] This is only a game, and I expect everyone to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech: obscenity, profanity, libel, and fighting words will not be tolerated, and if you push it, I reserve the right to have you replaced.
In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as the mods.

[/quote]
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by JDodge »

[quote="ryan"]How was that disrespectful? I asked if he was kidding me. Here's the rools for the people who didn't care to read them

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
:
[01] This is only a game, and I expect everyone to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech: obscenity, profanity, libel, and fighting words will not be tolerated, and if you push it, I reserve the right to have you replaced.
In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as the mods.

[/quote][/quote]

Profanity + disrespect = your post
stream

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by Phate »

[quote="ryan"]How was that disrespectful? I asked if he was kidding me. Here's the rools for the people who didn't care to read them

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
:
[01] This is only a game, and I expect everyone to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech:
obscenity, profanity, libel, and fighting words will not be tolerated
, and if you push it, I reserve the right to have you replaced. In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as the mods.
[/quote][/quote]

Did you just say "rools"? How about you just go get yourself modkilled so we can go back to playing Mafia.

Note the part I bolded. It pretty much sums up your response to my perfectly logical post, which gently reprimanded you for breaking the "rolls" of the site.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by ryan »

I should have known you couldn't check yourself at the door JDodge. Make sure from now on we are NOT in games with eachother anymore, your attitude never changes. You are still harboring ill-will toward me from a past game and you haven't let it go. He disrespected me and if you can't see that, you aren't watching.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by JDodge »

ryan wrote:I should have known you couldn't check yourself at the door JDodge. Make sure from now on we are NOT in games with eachother anymore, your attitude never changes. You are still harboring ill-will toward me from a past game and you haven't let it go. He disrespected me and if you can't see that, you aren't watching.
He told the truth with a small amount of personal opinion. You disrespected the people in the games you posted role PMs in, the mods who spent the time creating the setups, and everyone who has ever dared to -gasp-
criticize
you. You're the last person I'd want a lesson on respect from.
stream

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Phate »

ryan, why are you so nice to JDodge and not me? Please say you won't join games with me in them, too.

In fact, you should put your money where your mouth is and ask to be replaced by a more useful player.

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by ryan »

[quote="Phate"][quote="ryan"]How was that disrespectful? I asked if he was kidding me. Here's the rools for the people who didn't care to read them

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
:
[01] This is only a game, and I expect everyone to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech:
, and if you push it, I reserve the right to have you replaced. In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as the mods.
[/quote][/quote]

Did you just say "rools"? How about you just go get yourself modkilled so we can go back to playing Mafia.

Note the part I bolded. It pretty much sums up your response to my perfectly logical post, which gently reprimanded you for breaking the "rolls" of the site.[/quote]

I'm sorry if I spelled incorrectly due to the fact that you two are pissing me off. I did post a PM in the past, but it didn't happen here so MOVE ON
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by JDodge »

[quote="ryan"][quote="Phate"][quote="ryan"]How was that disrespectful? I asked if he was kidding me. Here's the rools for the people who didn't care to read them

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
:
[/quote][/quote]

Note the part I bolded. It pretty much sums up your response to my perfectly logical post, which gently reprimanded you for breaking the "rolls" of the site.[/quote]

I'm sorry if I spelled incorrectly due to the fact that you two are pissing me off. I did post a PM in the past, but it didn't happen here so MOVE ON[/quote]

Twice. Plural, not singular.
stream

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by ryan »

Are we going to waste this game on past games or are we going to play this game for what it is, THIS GAME?
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by Phate »

Phate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
ryan wrote:
Phate wrote:No, it doesn't. I never said that it did. I just said that you were either a tool or an idiot. I see now that I am wrong.

I apologise for that inaccuracy.

Should be a tool AND an idiot.
Are you looking to be replaced? Cause you're completely disregarding rule #1 big boy.
It's not libel if it's true.
QFT.

But that was only a personal opinion tacked onto my reason for voting you. Which you haven't responded to. Are you going to? How scummy does everyone else find roffman? And ryan?

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by ryan »

I clearly stated on page 1 why I voted roffman. He unvoted to please somebody else and I found that rather strange. Is there a problem with that?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by kuribo »

Phate wrote:
Vote: ryan

Roffman doesn't seem scummy to me. He seems like a newb. By comparison, your attempts to throw suspicion on him seem scummy.
The scummy bit for my money comes into play when he sets up excuses for wonky activity later in the game.

No free passes just because you're zapped out of your gourd.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Rigel »

JDodge, ryan, Phate: I have a quick question for you. Are you scumpartners bussing each other or idiots wasting our time with a petty argument that no one cares about except you? Either way, I plan on ignoring you until you quit acting like 2-year olds, because if you are scum, I'm sure you'll give yourselves away in some other fashion later on. I do feel, however, that I should point out that the only thing Phate has contributed to this game is said stupid argument. JDodge, you haven't been much better; basically all of my posts have been anti-ryan and pointless. At least ryan bothered to pursue a line of thought with the brief roffman questioning, before you three got sidetracked.

Now, back to the actual game.

First of all, I feel obliged to point out that olliep14 has not posted once yet, and there are three players in this game aside from him who have made only one game-relevant post. Perhaps that is something that we should look into, seeing as how it would be really easy for scum to be forgotten when there's a three-way dispute going on.

I'm just going to do a quick mini-analysis of the players I haven't mentioned yet, in the hopes of getting some real discussion going.

mildmanneredhero

I really don't like any of your actions thus far. First, you vote hop from olliep14 to Holy, which isn't all that suspicious, but for your reason, you give that Holy was being defensive, when, really, she wasn't. Giving excuses, maybe, but not defensive. There were some really good reasons that you could have switched your vote (take, for example, the fact that Holy was too tired for a day straight), but you didn't find one of them. On the other hand, you did point out roffman's sketchiness regarding his excuses, which I agree with. So my opinion of you is fairly mixed at this point.

Holy

I'm actually rather glad that I chose to vote for you. You haven't contributed anything to the game, and your few actions haven't done anything but thrown suspicion on yourself. Even your last post doesn't help your cause; you're just siding with the popular opinion regarding roffman to make yourself look town-y. I'd love to see you actually participate in the game--perhaps a few votes might help?

roffman

I don't really know what to think of you either. You've been the most active of the non-combative participants in this game, but mostly because you've been singled out for your errors thus far. You do seem to be playing in a newbish fashion, although whether is newbie town or newbie scum is yet to be decided. Your story of the morphine drip is odd--we can't verify it, but it does explain your actions. However, it might be a coincidence, or an excuse, or a flat out lie. We have no way of knowing. However, your voting history does not seem as much strategic as it does haphazard/newbish, so I'm not super worried about it at the moment. Either your story is true, which explains the oddness, or it's a manifestation of a lack of experience, which you deny.

kuribo

Not really a lot I can say at this point about you. You appear townish, but only because there's really no evidence against you at this point. You've been leading us towards roffman, which is good if he's scum but bad if you are. His playing seems somewhat newbish, so I have some small worries about your alignment. However, without any real evidence against you, you're giving me the most town-aligned read out of everyone.

Any thoughts on this, or posts from the non-posters out there?
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Post by roffman »

kuribo wrote: The scummy bit for my money comes into play when he sets up excuses for wonky activity later in the game.

No free passes just because you're zapped out of your gourd.
i'd just like to say that for the record, my "excuse" of being on a morphine drip only applies to the last few days, as i will not be going on to any other drugs stronger than panadol anymore. I only ask for some understanding of my erratic behaviour up to that point, and have no intention of using it as a "free pass" in the future.
Rigel wrote: You do seem to be playing in a newbish fashion, although whether is newbie town or newbie scum is yet to be decided.

Either your story is true, which explains the oddness, or it's a manifestation of a lack of experience, which you deny.
Secondly, my experience thus far has been in real life, where i'm good at reading people (i play poker a lot), and online where i personally know most of the people. This produces a different attitude, as i actually can discuss the games face to face with them on other occasions, as well as being personally aware of their mannerisms, guilt behaviour and other personal details. So for this sort of game, consider me as a person with minimal experience, eg. i have i only played in a few games. I never at any point claimed to be experienced in this environment, nor did i deny a lack of experience.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:13 am

Post by kuribo »

I'm going to launch into a prediction here:

One of the three folk involved in the flamewar is scum.

Metagaming a mistake ryan made in the past doesn't help us catch scum here, so the reasoning for the first part of the debate is unhelpful to us.

JDodge and Phate, it seems like you guys have been baiting him from the start. JDodge, you started with a crack about his posting the role PM previously--- in a completely unrelated game. Phate, you jumped down ryan's throat after you hadn't been involved. Once Phate and ryan were throwing crap all over each other, that's when you jumped back in, JDodge.

JDodge, you told FairyThatIsPunk to "contribute or die," but I think you need to follow your own advice.

Trying to bait a player into being modkilled or replaced is NOT helpful to us.

@roffman: It may be true, or it may not. You said you don't intend to use it as a free pass in the future, but let's face it--- there's no way we can know your intent.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:36 am

Post by roffman »

kuribo wrote:there's no way we can know your intent.
Just a question: isn't the intent always to win, either as pro-town, pro-scum, or pro-self win like SK and jester? or are their other roles that try to win in other methods?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Rigel »

kuribo wrote:I'm going to launch into a prediction here:

One of the three folk involved in the flamewar is scum.

Metagaming a mistake ryan made in the past doesn't help us catch scum here, so the reasoning for the first part of the debate is unhelpful to us.

JDodge and Phate, it seems like you guys have been baiting him from the start. JDodge, you started with a crack about his posting the role PM previously--- in a completely unrelated game. Phate, you jumped down ryan's throat after you hadn't been involved. Once Phate and ryan were throwing crap all over each other, that's when you jumped back in, JDodge.

JDodge, you told FairyThatIsPunk to "contribute or die," but I think you need to follow your own advice.

Trying to bait a player into being modkilled or replaced is NOT helpful to us.
QFT
roffman wrote:
Just a question: isn't the intent always to win, either as pro-town, pro-scum, or pro-self win like SK and jester? or are their other roles that try to win in other methods?
Yes, the intent is generally to win, roffman; I think what kuribo means by his statement is that we don't know if you're telling us your morphine drip story so that we know the truth or so that you can mislead us or give yourself a free pass. We know you want to win, but your intent with that point would determine what side you are on.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:29 am

Post by ryan »

I think it's already been shown how/why the two were on me, to take away blame/suspicion from themselves. Look back at the game and tell me how they were doing anything more than lurking when the "discussion" broke out between us three.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Phate »

And here we go again with the "anyone who criticises me must be scum."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by kuribo »

roffman wrote:
Of course the intent is to win, but without knowing someone's winning conditions, we can't judge their words for the intent.

I cannot know anyone's intent since I don't know what winning condition they may have.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by kuribo »

EBWOP: By "can't judge," I mean we can't know for certain. The whole point of this game is to judge one another.

roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by roffman »

ok, now i understand. I just thought that by intent u meant the overall driving force in the game, not the urge towards a specific win condition.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by kuribo »

ryan wrote:I think it's already been shown how/why the two were on me, to take away blame/suspicion from themselves. Look back at the game and tell me how they were doing anything more than lurking when the "discussion" broke out between us three.
If you'll read what I posted, I didn't give you a "bye," either. I said that one of you three is most likely scum.

If you're town, then I'd say the likely outcome would be that one is scum, and the other was pushing your buttons.

Of course, if you're the scum, that all goes out the window, and then there's always the possibility that you're scum AND one of them is scum.

You're making alot of assumptions regarding their reasoning for sidetracking the town.

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:02 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

competentpsycho replaces ryan, who requested replacement.

Vote count coming later.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”