Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Primate: 1 (Thesp)
UltimaAvalon: 1 (cicero)

Not voting: 7 (UltimaAvalon, ooba, The Fonz, Lawrencelot, Primate, Cogito Ergo Sum, Kison)

5 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~4th April.

As things presently stand, no-one would be lynched at deadline.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:09 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Brawl.

I been down with massclaim since Day 1. That being said, I dont see what CES is trying to get at with
CES wrote:If the mass claim gives us any insight into alignment, then that'll probably lead to scum killing the wrong people.
With 3 dead finders, 2 dead and one obsolete protector, a dead vig, and a claimed dayvig, I'm not sure what else is left that we need to protect.

Also, the difference between cicero and everyone else who has UA in some sort of scum list is cicero actually has a reason.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Thesp »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Brawl.

I been down with massclaim since Day 1. That being said, I dont see what CES is trying to get at with
CES wrote:If the mass claim gives us any insight into alignment, then that'll probably lead to scum killing the wrong people.
With 3 dead finders, 2 dead and one obsolete protector, a dead vig, and a claimed dayvig, I'm not sure what else is left that we need to protect.
We're already going to lose - we're pretty far behind, and there's no way we can lynch all the scum before they kill us. Why would we give them confirmed innocents to think of as better targets? I mean, if I were scum, I'd be trying to cross-kill the other team because they'll be the competition and not the town, but I don't think the scum are all that smart.
UltimaAvalon wrote:Also, the difference between cicero and everyone else who has UA in some sort of scum list is cicero actually has a reason.
This statement would be more correct if you'd said "the difference between cicero and everyone else who has UA in some sort of scum list is cicero actually has
provided
a reason".

I like UA as scum even more now.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:25 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Thesp wrote:

We're already going to lose - we're pretty far behind, and there's no way we can lynch all the scum before they kill us. Why would we give them confirmed innocents to think of as better targets? I mean, if I were scum, I'd be trying to cross-kill the other team because they'll be the competition and not the town, but I don't think the scum are all that smart.
Really? If I were scum, I'd be trying to use the lynch to kill opposing scum, while using the nightkill to kill Townies. I think they are that smart, because, surprise, thats exactly whats been going on.
Thesp wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Also, the difference between cicero and everyone else who has UA in some sort of scum list is cicero actually has a reason.
This statement would be more correct if you'd said "the difference between cicero and everyone else who has UA in some sort of scum list is cicero actually has
provided
a reason".

You argue semantics and continue to prove my point. Thanks
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Primate wrote: I'm against the mass-claim because we have two confirmed innocents in the game, one in the form of the pirate protector, and the other in the form of the vanilla townie. We out them, and regardless of how small the game is, the scum
will
kill them instead of each other. If we run up the townie and the PP today, then I'll be in favour of a mass claim of the remaining people, but I just don't think the benefit outweighs the cost at this point.
If the scum
would
kill the pirate protector, assuming that role is around, that'd be better than if any working powerrole would be killed. I'm not sure if the scum would kill them instead of each other though. If Thesp's role is 1-shot for example (don't tell us whether it is or not) he is no threat for the scum, same counts for the pirate protector, and for Ooba if his role is 1-shot.

Also, the difference between cicero and everyone else who has UA in some sort of scum list is cicero actually has a reason.
Good reason. But your posts didn't look very protown throughout D1 and later, so you shouldn't be surprised that you're in anyone's scumlist.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:34 am

Post by cicero »

Really? If I were scum, I'd be trying to use the lynch to kill opposing scum, while using the nightkill to kill Townies. I think they are that smart, because, surprise, thats exactly whats been going on.
Heya UA. I'm confused. You are down with a mass claim (as I have tended to be) but doesn't your point above speak to the issue CES is getting at? CES seems to be arguing that for us to have a chance, we need the scum to accidentally crosskill shoot each other. That gives us more days to lynch. If we massclaim, they won't cross-kill and will efficiently wipe us out. He does make some sense.

The other problem though I have though is what's the result of us mislynching?? That's the other side of it.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Thesp »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Really? If I were scum, I'd be trying to use the lynch to kill opposing scum, while using the nightkill to kill Townies.
But why in the world would you kill townies at night at this point (especially since the other scum group is doing that well enough)? It's clear that the town is screwed as it is and will be nightkilled into oblivion. When I try to play a game, I play to win, not to win big. Right now, the biggest threat to the scum isn't the town, it's the rival scum group. I see
zero
reason to give scum any slight incentive to be stupid. After all, if someone is going to be run up and has an almost certainly pro-town role, won't they claim it anyway?

I don't see what the big deal is about massclaiming when we have several delectable, likely-to-be-scum suspects.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:17 am

Post by ooba »

I'd like to argue in reverse ..

Its in scum's best interests to shoot at each other tonight .. (As town is in already a bad position)

So massclaim will probably help them avoid the townies and hit the other scum .. And will make sure we don't mislynch now too

CES argument that the scum will hit the townies is wrong IMO ..
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Thesp »

ooba wrote:So massclaim will probably help them avoid the townies and hit the other scum .. And will make sure we don't mislynch now too
Don't we already have several excellent suspects for scum?
Why aren't we pushing
them
with votes and push them to claim?

I think the massclaim talk is a distraction, willfully or not. Let's get to killing Primate, pushing CES for more clarity, and get everyone off their tails and
doing scumhunting
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Primate »

PRIMATES BIG KISON POST.

Skipping #6, #59 and #69 cause they're random phase things.

In #152, Kison supports the Iammars wagon whilst simultaneously saying he thinks the case against him is weak. Votes Gorrad for something that he could have done without actually saying whether he believes that Gorrad did it. And then in #155, he weasels out of committing to a point of view regarding Gorrad, repeats that whilst what Gorrad did could have been done by a townie, the fact it was he thinks it is an anti-town act means that he deserves to be voted, regardless of what motivations are behind it In #237 he calls the iammars wagon 'still a joke', despite calling it viable earlier in #152. In #516, he sarcastically makes a comment against Thesp for trying to make him think about things. Then says he found Thesp mildly scummy for refusing to elaborate his points, and honestly the only time I've seen anything like that is in the point Thesp was quoted as earlier in this post, and certainly wasn't a tendency. In #544, Says he supports the Sirt and Kalei wagons, then goes and votes a habitual lurker for lurking. In #585, he spends two paragraphs debunking the claimed masons as non-confirmed despite the fact they probably aren't lying, then makes snide comments against the vig and a townie who isn't even there. #628 is lazy, with him spending a large amount of words pushing previous questions that you didn't answer, going 'massclaims are bad mk' and prodding at lurkers before talking about theory. In #849, he continues to ask little questions to lurkers before putting his vote on guardian with a cop-out reason 'I know guardianscum and he acts like
this
', as the eighth vote on Guardian. Shows absolutely no commitment to the wagon bar his vote. #990: Moves onto Rossowagon to prevent a mislynch. Doesn't post all of day 2, when guardianscum is being lynched. #1219, he debunks the lynch preventer as not necessarily confirmed then says he unconditionally believes the dead scum (taking an aside from things that actually happened for a second to state an opinion, I don't think he would have been anywhere near as certain regarding trusting the word of a dead scum if he didn't
know
Guardian was telling the truth and that there was a scum on the other end of the lynch he was arguing for), especially considering he doubted everything else that guardian said. in #1229, Ergo makes a point about how Kisons vote on Guardian looked like bussing and kison responds not by actually refuting the point, instead effectively complaining about his options under the circumstances, saying whatever he did he could look like scum. In #1238 he bitches about lurkers, and spends a paragraph concluding that Thesp could either be town or scum before, in his next post, deciding that because the ability is strictly worse than vanilla (it isn't) he's going to vote Thesp. In #1241 he admits there is an upside but doesn't remove his vote. #1260 is just words with nothing behind it, as are #1343, #1394 and #1488. In #1387 he says that regardless of whether thesp has the daykilling ability or not, he isn't confirmed. In #1563, he calls himself 'very vocal' about the Ergo lynch, despite making exactly one post in favour, he also says that he wants to see more out of Rogueben, but doesn't push it beyond this, despite earlier in the game pressuring other lurkers with votes and questioning (I think this is likely a fear of looking bandwagonny, considering those other lurkers had little pressure on them at the point he was looking at them, and Rogueben had quite a bit. With Rogueben he didn't mention it at all until I specifically asked him who he felt scummy). He also attacks UA based on the fact that he did not support Thesps testing, without regard to whether he thinks this is a scummy move or what the motivations behind it might be. In #1564, he partakes in what is the only type of legitimately scummy overdefensiveness there is, which is checking your own arguments for weaknesses then beating imagined questioners to the punch by answering their queries before they ask them. In #1596, he makes the Thesp testing out to be this complex issue (it wasn't), then makes a threatening comment against me, which I'm perfectly happy calling an OMGUS attack, because I don't see him using that tone unless he was beginning to decide to attack me, and up until that point he hadn't put forward any kind of judgement on me at all. In #1662, he stops lurking, comes into the thread then complains about lurkers. In #1683, he posts a list of possibilities without saying how likely each are or which he thinks is true, then proceeds to take the easy (though admittedly right) path of getting Rogueben to out his partner, though he doesn't actually say he wants Rogueben to out his partner, he says
"If Rogueben refuses to name someone before the deadlines with a strong voice demanding it, he should be lynched and I will gladly pile my vote on"

And that's pretty much it, bar his most recent couple of posts. Basically, if you look at the lengths Kison has gone, under every circumstance, to pick the soft, unassailable choice, the one he knows he probably won't be attacked for, then it's really beyond coincidence. The guardian tie would pretty much have to mean he's a goblin though. I really recommend just doing a 'view by user' search on him.
ooba wrote:So massclaim will probably help them avoid the townies and hit the other scum
If you think this, you haven't though about the ramifications of a mass claim enough. Look at the roles we know to be in the game and apply them to the playerlist and you'll see what I mean.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Primate »

Also,
Vote Kison
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Lawrencelot wrote:your posts didn't look very protown throughout D1 and later, so you shouldn't be surprised that you're in anyone's scumlist.
They're still backing me into a corner without giving me a means to defend myself.

For the record, I'm taking the same stance I've taken since Day 1. I'm down for massclaim, but I wont push for it.

I still can't wrap my ahead around the logic that Scum
want
to nightkill other scum. It'll take twice as long for them to make a kill, and it gives Town the chance to recuperate and retaliate.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:41 am

Post by Thesp »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I still can't wrap my ahead around the logic that Scum
want
to nightkill other scum. It'll take twice as long for them to make a kill, and it gives Town the chance to recuperate and retaliate.
Why? There are
scum, and 5 town left. We've been getting killed by scores every night. (Note: This is making assumptions about the setup - it could be more or less dangerous, but this seems reasonably comfortable at this point.) If we were up against just one mafia group we'd be at LyLo, and they just need to orchestrate a mislynch to win. Up against two, however, it just takes one night of multi-kills at any point remaining in the game for us to be in a position
where we can no longer control our own fate
. (It can also be shown that there's a reasonable chance we are at practical LyLo.) At that point, one of the mafia groups will win, it's just a matter of which one.

I would put money on the one that got a crosskill in first.

Also, I've noticed you are still adamantly refusing to scumhunt. Who do you think are scum? Why?

Primate, what do you think of UltimaAvalon?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:03 am

Post by cicero »

Also, I've noticed you are still adamantly refusing to scumhunt. Who do you think are scum? Why?

Happy with my vote.

UA = The Play.
------------------------------------

@Primate - Good effort. Very good. And highly impenetrable. Why do it like that? To mask its flaws? I'm working my way through it in an effort to decide if you are scum, kison is scum, or both. But it may take a bit to digest alongside other commitments.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:03 am

Post by cicero »

EDWOP: Quote above is Thesp's
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Kison »

Primate, at my very old age, that wall of text is killing my failing vision.

You are also advocating the lynch against a pro-town player. This is unforgivable. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
In #585, he spends two paragraphs debunking the claimed masons as non-confirmed despite the fact they probably aren't lying, then makes snide comments against the vig and a townie who isn't even there.
They weren't confirmed. No, they probably weren't lying. Kison spoke the truth. No idea what snide comments you're referring to. I'm always mean to MBL. It's how we roll.
#990: Moves onto Rossowagon to prevent a mislynch. Doesn't post all of day 2, when guardianscum is being lynched.
Day Two was over before I even managed to check the thread. Sue me. :D
In #1683, he posts a list of possibilities without saying how likely each are or which he thinks is true, then proceeds to take the easy (though admittedly right) path of getting Rogueben to out his partner, though he doesn't actually say he wants Rogueben to out his partner, he says "If Rogueben refuses to name someone before the deadlines with a strong voice demanding it, he should be lynched and I will gladly pile my vote on"
This would make more sense as evidence of Kison scummage if I was Rogueben's partner. I'm obviously not.

#1219, he debunks the lynch preventer as not necessarily confirmed then says he unconditionally believes the dead scum (taking an aside from things that actually happened for a second to state an opinion, I don't think he would have been anywhere near as certain regarding trusting the word of a dead scum if he didn't know Guardian was telling the truth and that there was a scum on the other end of the lynch he was arguing for), especially considering he doubted everything else that guardian said.
I didn't accept anything "unconditionally." I used my brain and came to a conclusion.

- A Goblin kill was blocked
- Guardian gave us two high profile targets.
- It would be
stupid
foolish
, and
illogical
for Guardian not to pass that name of his blocked kill in some way.
- One of them, Thok, was incorrect. We saw the motive behind this.
- To me, Erg0 would likely be correct by process of elimination.

That's my thinking process. I'm hardly the only one who came to the conclusion.

Anyway, I might respond to the rest later. I don't think people want the Great Wall of Kison to be erected. If you really do, lemme know. If not, pick out the ones you really want me to respond to.

Primate : Who's my scumbuddy?

Vote : UltimateAvalon

Name the scum or die.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Thesp wrote:
ooba wrote:So massclaim will probably help them avoid the townies and hit the other scum .. And will make sure we don't mislynch now too
Don't we already have several excellent suspects for scum?
Why aren't we pushing
them
with votes and push them to claim?
Make only the scummy people claim is better of course. But your "excellent suspects" are Primate, and who else? IIRC, you find Primate scummy because of the ninja finder, but Rogueben had some good logic, I thought, about why Primate would not be a ninja. Sure, Rogueben was scum, but he wasn't ninja. I'd rather lynch UA than Primate.
Vote: Ultima Avalon
. If he wants to claim so bad, why let him wait?
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I dont like the way this is going, and its mostly my fault

I tried to drastically change my play style for the sake of this game, from my normal, chaotic, Asshat playstyle to a more passive, agreeable, hopefully more Town friendly style. Half of this is because I got sick or arguing with people about stupid things Day 1, and half because of my role. Upon asking someone who's opinion I respect regarding the best way to play as a person with my role, the sage advice I received was "Be as Pro-Town as possible." So I tried giving my opinions, whether or not they went with the general Town consensus or not. If I realized I had no idea what I was talking about, I quickly shut up. If I began pinging any scumdars, I quickly shut up. I also avoided yelling at people for no reason, except in the case of Guardian. Back when there were still 15-20 players, it was working fine, but now everything is sorta collapsing around me

Course, with Guardian being the only person who I thought was scum and actually was isn't helping me either.

I am Darth Vader, and the Dark Side grants me two passive abilities. First is, I'm a Miler, and every investigator will find me to be their bad guy. The second I will carry with me to the grave, because I'm still hoping for the chance for it to go off.

In retrospect, I see I should've claimed a lot sooner, but I haven't really been under any amount of pressure all game, and I don't like claiming without reason.

Who's scum?

Kison is still voting me, I think, because he believes I was against the Thesp testage, when I already stated it was the method of testing that I disagreed with

The Fonz has been sliding by, agreeing with people, and promising rereads

Lawrencelot - gut, mostly based on him believing Mars, then voting Mars 3 posts later, then unvoting him soon after...
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Mr Stoofer in the V/LA thread wrote:Easter is a 4 day holiday here, so it will probably be Tuesday before I can get proper access to the site.
I'm sure you will all manage to cope fine without me, until then.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Kison »

UA wrote:First is, I'm a Miler, and every investigator will find me to be their bad guy. The second I will carry with me to the grave, because I'm still hoping for the chance for it to go off.
So if the Pirate Finder investigates you, you'll come up guilty? Reason I ask is because they're alive, and the pirates are... well... not...
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:32 am

Post by Kison »

Nevermind, Pirate Finder is dead. Maybe I was dreaming.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Thesp »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I am Darth Vader, and the Dark Side grants me two passive abilities. First is, I'm a Miler, and every investigator will find me to be their bad guy. The second I will carry with me to the grave, because I'm still hoping for the chance for it to go off.
No. Claim it or die.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

ooba wrote:
cicero wrote:I'd like Ooba to answer this question: Did your own ability cause your predecessor to survive that lynch or was it something outside your control?
Own Ability

And i'd like to know where you and fonz stand about mass claiming ..
Opposed. Don't see the benefit, given that scum clearly have safeclaims. Sure, some scum might screw up and come up with overly-complicated roles, or roles that contradict others. But they'll do that if wagonned as well, and that allows for the possibility of catching scum without necessarily letting them know what all the town roles are.
Primate wrote:
I'm leaning towards one of UA or Primate myself. I didn't like a lot of what Primate was pushing yesterday, and his sudden radio silence after being asked some follow-up questions felt like a cheap out card to play.
Yeah, I'm sorry about my lurking. Slipping back into bad habits. I'll make my case against you now.

I'm against the mass-claim because we have two confirmed innocents in the game, one in the form of the pirate protector, and the other in the form of the vanilla townie. We out them, and regardless of how small the game is, the scum
will
kill them instead of each other. If we run up the townie and the PP today, then I'll be in favour of a mass claim of the remaining people, but I just don't think the benefit outweighs the cost at this point.
I see no reason to blithely assume there's
exactly one
townie. There aren't many, sure; whilst exactly one is possible, it's not something I'd put my home on.

Well, I'm not sure either. But that doesn't mean
there definitely aren't
any town roles that still need to be hidden.

Also, does anyone else see 'I've been down since day one, but not pushing it' as scummy equivocation? As in, if you think it's pro-town, well, I'm down for it so I've got nothing to hide, but if you think it'll hurt the town, well, I'm not pushing it so don't blame me.
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Thesp wrote:t;]
There's a substantive difference here. You're trying to make out that there
is
no reason for those attacking you. Thesp is suggesting there is, but some people just aren't vocalizing it.
ooba wrote:I'd like to argue in reverse ..

Its in scum's best interests to shoot at each other tonight .. (As town is in already a bad position)

So massclaim will probably help them avoid the townies and hit the other scum .. And will make sure we don't mislynch now too

CES argument that the scum will hit the townies is wrong IMO ..
If we don't massclaim, we're not going to suddenly lose our head and lynch a townie who makes a strong claim. And again, the scum clearly have safeclaims.
Primate wrote:PRIMATES BIG KISON POST.
TL;DR.

Or rather, this is probably going to require a separate response.
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:your posts didn't look very protown throughout D1 and later, so you shouldn't be surprised that you're in anyone's scumlist.
They're still backing me into a corner without giving me a means to defend myself.
How do you not have a means to defend yourself? You've been playing in a certain way; justify your actions. This just sounds like scummy whining.
UltimaAvalon wrote:I dont like the way this is going, and its mostly my fault

I tried to drastically change my play style for the sake of this game, from my normal, chaotic, Asshat playstyle to a more passive, agreeable, hopefully more Town friendly style.
Anyone claiming to have deliberately changed their playstyle, every single time I've encountered it in the past, is scum doing so to avoid lynch. If your normal style is, in your opinion, less 'town-friendly' than this style, why don't you play like this all the time?

Vote: UA

Half of this is because I got sick or arguing with people about stupid things Day 1, and half because of my role. Upon asking someone who's opinion I respect regarding the best way to play as a person with my role, the sage advice I received was "Be as Pro-Town as possible."
As opposed to other town roles, when generally you're going out of your way to help the scum?

So I tried giving my opinions, whether or not they went with the general Town consensus or not.
That's fine. It's even probably protown. It doesn't, however, mean that those opinions themselves aren't going to be scummy.
If I realized I had no idea what I was talking about, I quickly shut up.
If I began pinging any scumdars, I quickly shut up.
'I tried not to do anything that was lead to my lynch.' Also, this seems to directly contradictt your previous assertion that you'd say what you thought, regardless of what other people thought of it.

I also avoided yelling at people for no reason, except in the case of Guardian. Back when there were still 15-20 players, it was working fine, but now everything is sorta collapsing around me
Trying not to antagonise... (holy shit, this post is scummy. The claim better be good.)
Course, with Guardian being the only person who I thought was scum and actually was isn't helping me either.
Meh, this is pretty hard to contextualise in isolation.
I am Darth Vader, and the Dark Side grants me two passive abilities. First is, I'm a Miler, and every investigator will find me to be their bad guy. The second I will carry with me to the grave, because I'm still hoping for the chance for it to go off.
WHAT! No f-ing way. You claim to have been down since day one, whilst in possession of a seriously scummy sounding role, and a power that becomes useless if it is known? Now such powers exist. But I find it inconceivable that you'd support a massclaim whilst in possession of one.
In retrospect, I see I should've claimed a lot sooner, but I haven't really been under any amount of pressure all game, and I don't like claiming without reason.
You haven't fullclaimed. Now you should have claimed sooner?
Who's scum?

Kison is still voting me, I think, because he believes I was against the Thesp testage, when I already stated it was the method of testing that I disagreed with

The Fonz has been sliding by, agreeing with people, and promising rereads
That's demonstribly untrue, and I'd demonstrate it, if the rest of your contribution over the last few pages hadn't already convinced me you're scum.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

UltimaAvalon: 4 (cicero, Kison, Lawrencelot, The Fonz)
Primate: 1 (Thesp)
Kison: 1 (Primate)

Not voting: 3 (UltimaAvalon, ooba, Cogito Ergo Sum)

5 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~4th April.

As things presently stand, UltimaAvalon would be lynched at deadline.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:59 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Long post is long. At least its easier to read than Primate's though.
The Fonz wrote:

Well, I'm not sure either. But that doesn't mean
there definitely aren't
any town roles that still need to be hidden.

Also, does anyone else see 'I've been down since day one, but not pushing it' as scummy equivocation? As in, if you think it's pro-town, well, I'm down for it so I've got nothing to hide, but if you think it'll hurt the town, well, I'm not pushing it so don't blame me.
If you'd like to interpret it that way, then go ahead. You're wrong though. Its more of a "I don't care whether we do it or not, but I'll never oppose it" thing though.
The Fonz wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Thesp wrote:t;]
There's a substantive difference here. You're trying to make out that there
is
no reason for those attacking you. Thesp is suggesting there is, but some people just aren't vocalizing it.
Which is another way of saying "Don't worry. We have reasons, and by the time we're pressed for them, we'll find out what they are, or even make them up if need be, but we'll go ahead and vote you anyway"
The Fonz wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
How do you not have a means to defend yourself? You've been playing in a certain way; justify your actions. This just sounds like scummy whining.
But they don't say what actions are scummy. If no one says why UA is scummy, then there's nothing I can really do except sit here twiddling my thumbs.
The Fonz wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:I dont like the way this is going, and its mostly my fault

I tried to drastically change my play style for the sake of this game, from my normal, chaotic, Asshat playstyle to a more passive, agreeable, hopefully more Town friendly style.
Anyone claiming to have deliberately changed their playstyle, every single time I've encountered it in the past, is scum doing so to avoid lynch. If your normal style is, in your opinion, less 'town-friendly' than this style, why don't you play like this all the time?
Welcome to the Not Past. Also, my normal playstyle isnt appropriate for someone who will turn up scum when investigated.
The Fonz wrote:
If I realized I had no idea what I was talking about, I quickly shut up.
If I began pinging any scumdars, I quickly shut up.
'I tried not to do anything that was lead to my lynch.' Also, this seems to directly contradictt your previous assertion that you'd say what you thought, regardless of what other people thought of it.
Not really. Look at the difference between me defending the Massclaim Day 1 argument, and me defending the "Let Thesp Vig Whoever He Wants To Vig" Argument. In regards to the massclaim Day 1, I'm merely an advocate of the Church of Pie, in that I believe in his teachings, but I dont know the logic behind them, and cant really argue and debate about them. On the Thesp Vig issue, I really believed that it should've been up to Thesp who to kill when prooving his claim rather than it being town-led, as it was my opinion and not Pie's.
The Fonz wrote:
WHAT! No f-ing way. You claim to have been down since day one, whilst in possession of a seriously scummy sounding role, and a power that becomes useless if it is known? Now such powers exist. But I find it inconceivable that you'd support a massclaim whilst in possession of one.
Sure I would. Hiding my role was my biggest blunder this game. Had I claimed much sooner, or even had a massclaim occured, it could've been tested. We could've even put those red herring roles to use (Claus and Mars).
The Fonz wrote:
You haven't fullclaimed. Now you should have claimed sooner?
I wouldn' have claimed my 2nd ability had I claimed earlier anyway, so meh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”