Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Peers »

curiouskarmadog wrote: also,
vote peers
, it is my opinion that Peers is most likely scum is every single game he has ever been in. Arent you left over from the SA invasion?
No, I had a newbie game or two under my belt before they got here.

And in my total of... lemme check... twelve or so games here, I've been scum a total of once, and SK a total of once. Saying I'm most likely scum in every single game I've been in is bad information.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Nemesis »

Peers wrote: And in my total of... lemme check... twelve or so games here, I've been scum a total of once, and SK a total of once. Saying I'm most likely scum in every single game I've been in is bad information.
Then you are due to be scum.... :P
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:49 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Nemesis wrote:
WhoMe wrote:at first i was gonna ask what you were talking about, but on re-read, yeah, all we know is that we have a dead delayed recruiter, who said anything about a recruit?
What does a recruiter do? Recruits people, yes? So if there was a regular recruiter you would assume there is a cult member running around.

If you were a delayed SK, would you kill someone n0 so they'd die n1? Assuming the cultist works the same way, I'll ask you the same question; would you recruit someone n0 so they'd become cult n1?

So even if the recruit was delayed, they'd still exist tomorrow despite them being reduced to a survivor role.

works for me

unvote Nemesis
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:59 am

Post by JordanA24 »

By the way guys, I will probably never post a Vote Count in the thread, instead, you will always find the Vote Count at the bottom of the Opening Post, that I will update regularly, this is because it's easier, doesn't clog up the thread, and I know some of you have activated the option that makes the OP appear at the top of each page.

Also, does anybody find this colour difficult to read? I know that some people use different colour schemes to others. If anyone finds this hard to read, I can change my official colour.
Last edited by JordanA24 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Mod:
I think you said something about the text color being difficult to read. Yes, it is! Please change and thank you.

K, how's this?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:50 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

JordanA24 wrote:
By the way guys, I will probably never post a Vote Count in the thread, instead, you will always find the Vote Count at the bottom of the Opening Post, that I will update regularly, this is because it's easier, doesn't clog up the thread, and I know some of you have activated the option that makes the OP appear at the top of each page.

Also, does anybody find this colour difficult to read? I know that some people use different colour schemes to others. If anyone finds this hard to read, I can change my official colour.
Seriously, this color is much better!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Khelvaster wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Nemesis wrote:Sucks the cop is dead, but yay so is the cult. The delayed recruit will be wandering around tomorrow with no friends. (Survivor is a fun role, right?)

Out of curiousity, why are some of the numbers in the list bolded and some arn't?
Woah. How do you know...

1. There is a cult recruit?
2. This recruit is also 'delayed'?

Unvote, Vote: Nemesis

This is Bandwagon worthy.

BM

Wow, BM, way to be an idiot. It's obvious that the cult recruiter would have recruited...why wouldn't he? Also, the delayed cult recruiter, by definition, delays the recruit knowing he was recruited.

Vote: BM
for trying to make a BW without justification.
Its not obvious atall. Firstly his recruitment could have failed and been the cause of his death. Secondly, his recruitment could have failed but not been the cause of his death. Thirdly, he's DELAYED. That indicates that he might not even have been ABLE to recruit.

But, i'm interested to hear about where you have seen the role 'Delayed Cult Recruiter' before. Please link us to a game in which it featured. Also, this is your first and last warning on the insulting front. I know there not a lot of love loss between you and I, but i'd rather if you're town, we dont interfere with each others scumdars in the game, by arguing and getting OMGUSsy. It seems it might be starting already?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Nemesis wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Woah. How do you know...

1. There is a cult recruit?
2. This recruit is also 'delayed'?
1: Because while you chose not to assume anything about the delayed recruiter and asked what it could mean, I decided to go another way.

My way is by remembering every "delayed" action I've ever seen means "it happens later", so a delayed SK's kill won't show up until tomorrow, and a delayed cult recruiter won't have their recruitment go through until tomorrow.
Nice idea, but im not sure it would work in practice. I mean, what if the recruit was dead by the time he was actually recruited? The CR then loses that opportunity?
Hmm, the more i think about it, the more i think Jordan might have a role like that. :o

Nemesis wrote: 2: If 1 is true then delayed would be an adjective used to describe the recruit.

For what's it worth, the recruiter is dead, so it isn't me... If I am right then the recruit doesn't know they will be cult yet, so it is as likely to be me as it is likely to be anyone else.
I never accused you of being a recruit, or the recruiter. But you're as much as a possibility as anyone else.
Nemesis wrote: I love how I'm bandwagon worthy btw... You just claimed that someone investigating you will get a guilty result, yet I am the scummy one?
I've claimed Miller. Mainly because thats my role. Very occassionally i pay attention to scumchat discussions. Miller should claim as early as possible. Painting it as a scumtell is ridiculous, especially as the Cop is DEAD. We may not have another one. If i was scum, would i want to draw MORE attention to myself than i already get for being ME?

Nemesis wrote:
WhoMe wrote:at first i was gonna ask what you were talking about, but on re-read, yeah, all we know is that we have a dead delayed recruiter, who said anything about a recruit?
What does a recruiter do? Recruits people, yes? So if there was a regular recruiter you would assume there is a cult member running around.
How many games have you played with Cults before?
Generally in my experience, they have restrictions on who they can recruit in order to keep the game balanced. Im surprised u didnt factor this in.

Nonetheless, i think you handled yourself pretty well.
Unvote

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

JordanA24 wrote:

Ok. It would be useful if someone could volunteer to keep fairly regular logs of VC's though, in order to use for analysis later.
As long as we know when the VC was last updated, this sounds fine. :)

BM

Hmm, that analysis is a good point. I'll set up a Quicktopic board that will serve as an archive for Vote Counts. I'll make one and post the link in the OP ASAP.

EDIT: Posted, I'll also put the link here http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/nGY8JmZW6Lbht
Show

Nightkilled - 10

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 am

Post by skitzer »

Hi guys!

Wow, I think this is my first game with a Cult. Good thing we got 'em first night though.

30 is a big number for me...

Random vote time,
Vote: Matt_S
because there is a person at my school with the same name...weird...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

skitzer wrote:Hi guys!

Wow, I think this is my first game with a Cult. Good thing we got 'em first night though.

30 is a big number for me...

Random vote time,
Vote: Matt_S
because there is a person at my school with the same name...weird...
yeh i know. Matt is such an obscure name in England too. I can honestly say i only know about 7 people with that name on a personal level! :o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:21 am

Post by andersonw »

Hello everyone! This is not only my first game with a cult, but my first game. :) I've played mafia many times in rl, but I'm kind of new to forum mafia, so if I'm acting stupid, try not to accuse me of being scum.

Vote:Quickben
because he's 16th on the list, 16 syllables of eeny-meeny-miney-mo.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:28 am

Post by armlx »

Vote Battlemage
. I'm really not a fan of his actions so far. Trying to push a bandwagon for an obvious conclusion, and his roundabout way of claiming miller. Feels off.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Incognito »

Battle Mage, I'm not a big fan of the way you've claimed Miller either. We know that the Cop is dead, and you seem to be doubting the existence of another investigative role. Despite this, you've still claimed Miller because Sir Tornado said that Miller claims should be made early to prevent wasted Cop investigations. If you doubt the existence of another Cop-like role, why do you still feel the need to claim Miller?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:52 am

Post by armlx »

META DISCUSSION:

Honestly, if claiming miller is the norm or becomes it, far more games will be lost to scum claiming miller than millers being copped. I guaruntee it as not every game has a miller.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by skitzer »

Am I wrong in saying that it is BM's playstyle to claim absurd things and act scummy?
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

FoS Skitzer

Playstyle is one thing. Acting scummy is another. If BM acts scummy, I will get him lynched. He is an attention seeker--if we make exceptions for him because of his scummy behavior, a slippery slope could ensue. As far as I'm concerned, he will screw us over if he is scum, since his playstyle will be like this no matter what. A great scumtactic would be

"let's get BM to go major scum, then defend him. People will let him go because of his massive scumminess, and he'll distract the town from real playing."
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I'm going to
FOS: Battle Mage
. Yeah, he tried to start a bandwagon, but I was thinking the same thing he was when I read Nemesis's post. Granted I've never played in games with delayed anythings(or cults at all). One thing I am a little surprised by is his miller claim, but if he were scum then claiming miller after a cop dies seems a little dumb. If I were town and my cop died, I think I'd make sure that any backup cop doesn't waste any investigations. I think it's enough to be a little suspicious but I'm not going to vote him yet.

What confused me was that Battle Mage cast his initial random vote towards Khelvaster. Not suspicious since it is a random vote, but he says
Battle Mage wrote:I know there not a lot of love loss between you and I, but i'd rather if you're town, we dont interfere with each others scumdars in the game, by arguing and getting OMGUSsy.
Now this may be my inexperience talking, but I think if you want to avoid OMGUS then it's best not to vote for the person to begin with. To me it sounds like he's just trying to get Khelvaster to unvote to avoid a bandwagon on himself.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by skitzer »

Khelvaster, I was simply asking a question, in no way indicating my opinions toward BM. I haven't played too many games with BM, and I was wondering if that was true.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by VanDamien »

andersonw wrote:Hello everyone! This is not only my first game with a cult, but my first game. :) I've played mafia many times in rl, but I'm kind of new to forum mafia, so if I'm acting stupid, try not to accuse me of being scum.

unvote

vote: andersonw
for not knowing the difference between a syllable and a letter. And for playing the newbie card.
Fnord is the whole donut.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Matt_S »

VanDamien wrote:
andersonw wrote:Hello everyone! This is not only my first game with a cult, but my first game. :) I've played mafia many times in rl, but I'm kind of new to forum mafia, so if I'm acting stupid, try not to accuse me of being scum.

unvote

vote: andersonw
for not knowing the difference between a syllable and a letter. And for playing the newbie card.
Vote: VanDamien
, because he didn't mean letters. I don't know the term, but I guess beats is the closest word. Go through the rhyme up to "Fifty dollars every day". Sixteen little beats. And also for picking on us newbies :cry:
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by oEJo »

"If I do ANYTHING scummy at all this game, you can't attack me for it, cause, well, you know... some reason!"
People don't learn from their mistakes that way.
Vote:andersonw

Welcome to mafiascum.net.
Just call me EJ.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by VanDamien »

ee/ny/mee/ny/mi/ney/mo - There's 7

(I can't believe this is an argument)

The only version I've every heard is followed by

catch/a/ti/ger/by/the/toe - another 7
my/mom/..blah blah blah we're past 16 and not in any sensible place to stop counting

Even adding fif/ty/dol/lars/ev/er/y/day gives 8 more, what would the other syllable be?

whereas eeny-meeny-miney-mo clearly has 16 letters.

Is this something generational I'm missing? Can't be geographical if it makes sense to Matt, I'm from the Midwest originally.

As for the newbie thing, I'm not picking on people for being new, but for using that as an explicit excuse for acting scummy. Someone wise once said "Just because you're new doesn't mean you're not scum" Besides that, if you do a little research you'll find that andersonw's first post is not exactly truthful.

But thanks for reacting, Matt.
Fnord is the whole donut.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by andersonw »

Yeah, I meant stressed syllables in the poem.

Unvote:Quickben
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by andersonw »

Actually, this was my first game I joined, and I joined the newbie game later. (At least, this game was created first.)

If it's still confusing, I meant
stressed
syllables in the poem, not every syllable.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”