Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Sammich »

Y wrote:
Sammich wrote:At first I just was overwhelmed by the action (last time I had a night start I was replaced, and it didn't go to well), I felt that there were probably better scumhunting targets than Mafiaplayer and I still think that. I don't like tunnel vision.
So it appears you won't answer it...
Won't?
More like not giving you the right anwsers, maybe?
You know I answered it.
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:56 am

Post by XReyoX »

Imat wrote:Voting to see if somebody will panic or fall into a trap is all well and good, not a tell for either side. Voting somebody with absolutely no evidence and then expecting them to panic is much more of a Scummy move.
Thats exactly what I wanted to say.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Incognito »

Mafiaplayer wrote:
Unvote, Vote:Sammich.
Once he's dead, we'll know his identity.
lol... I just noticed this.

Mafiaplayer, your reason for voting for Sammich makes no sense to me. Technically by your logic we should also vote for you all the way to lynch to find out your identity as well. Can you explain this please?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:05 am

Post by XReyoX »

As I've said, I think Mafiaplayer is some kind of troll. The idea that he might be an alt account has creep into my mind quite a few times. I don't see any genuine players, scum or not, playing like this. Well.... unless he is a jester.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Y »

@ Sammich: My question was "How do you know Mafiaplayer's role?". I didn't see an answer.

It appears like you're more clueless than scummy at the moment, so I'll leave it as is for one. It doesn't mean I won't remember it.

I'll try to re-read (Again) and see if I missed something.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Y »

EBWOAP:
It should be "I'll leave it as is for
now
".
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Incognito »

XReyoX wrote:As I've said, I think Mafiaplayer is some kind of troll. The idea that he might be an alt account has creep into my mind quite a few times. I don't see any genuine players, scum or not, playing like this. Well.... unless he is a jester.
These are my feelings as well. I don't necessarily think Mafiaplayer's actions have been indicative of him being scum; they're just very... off, for lack of a better word. If he really is town, I just wish he would put a little more thought into what he's saying, unless he's playing this way as some sort of Adel-ish townie gambit or something.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:27 am

Post by XReyoX »

Sammich:

I'm sorry if I've missed your answer somewhere. Why did you claim, why do you think that it was a good time to claim townie and what made you think you want to vouch for mafiaplayer because you are a townie?
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:42 am

Post by jerubbaal »

You all are giving mafiaplayer way too much credit. He's really just a complete newb at this. Last time we lynched him, partially because we couldn't believe he could be so stupid, but trust me, he is. He's one of the newbs who's almost impossible to figure out, because the more traditional tells don't work because he doesn't actually have any comprehensible logic to his action. I'm still reading him as fairly townie.

At the moment, I'm more suspicious of the Sammich wagon than Sammich himself. It's really the quintessential day 1 scum wagon, going off on a newb for being stupid and growing much to fast. I'll actually give Imat some credit for realizing that Sammich was too close to being lynched and backing off. I'm still really reading Near as the most scummy at the moment by far. He's doing the whole sniping thing + riding the popular wagons uncomfortably close to lynch. He doesn't seem like an idiot townie, and these are definitely scum tells for anyone's who's not an idiot.

Unvote, Vote: Near
<><
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:26 am

Post by XReyoX »

Jerubbaal:

How can you read him as a townie if he don't have any logic in his posts. I mean if its so impossible to comprehense what he is thinking, then he can be a scum as much as he is a town. In addition he is not giving any benefit to the town at all and might even be destructive, lets say if he hammers people when we can gain more information by leaving it at L-1 or he can be wasting potentially useful cop investigation, etc....

He has not shown any respect to other players and the mod by ignoring people's comments and not reading the openning post (which I'm sure the mod has spent a lot of time writing it and making the front page all colourful).

I'm hating myself for commenting on him because I'm sure all he wants is to irritate people and I've fallen into it. He has not only proven himself to be close to useless but is also clouding my vision and drawing my attention to this when I could have spent more time looking into more useful posts and find scums.

Anyway

Mafiaplayer, could you just answer these questions for me to make believe that you have a brain:

1) Why do you think people would massclaim after you?
2) Why do you think it is beneficial to the town by claiming townie when this would mean that the scums can rule you out for the NK because killing power role is a better choice for them?
3)Do you have any other reasons for lynching sammich beside wanting to see what his role is?
4)Why is lynching all power role a good strategy?
5)Who do you think is the most scummy person at the moment and why?
6)What do you think about others people's play so far? Please mention at least 2.

Thanks.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Near »

Imat wrote:I don't buy that you voted me to see if I'd panic. Your evidence showed me to be Pro-Town, and you only had that one point. Hardly enough for even Scum to panic over. Also, that you were checking if I'd panic seems to be an excuse to not answer my questions. I'm really not liking your play here Near, unless you can come up with a very good defense I think I'll park my vote on you and be as confident as possible given the nature of the game.
Correct. My voting wasn't tried to test you. I voted you because I thought your were scummy. But your response must have been satisfactory, because I unvoted u.

@jerubbaal and incognito: I voted 4 diff tiems on 3 different players. thta's a lot and we are only on page 5? maybe i suck at scum hunting- because i'm now suspecting jerubbaal. jerubbaal is acting too townie, it feels like he's aligning his posts to use as defense later.

but then i don't know. isn't jerubbaal supposed to be a good scumhunter? if he's suspecting me, maybe he's a scum. or maybe i'm just a bad townie.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

I actually have a reputation? That's a new one on me.

Mafiaplayer is completely useless. He wouldn't be a bad value lynch, all things told, because scum won't kill him and we absolutely don't want to have to worry about him in the endgame. Still he gave the exact answer for the role title, and I'm almost positive that he did not read the first post. Not airtight, but a strong indicator.

@Near - the "too townie" argument is completely crap. You're obviously OMGUSing (I wouldn't necessarily call that a scum tell for newbies all the time). You're still flailing about trying to find something to stick. This is pretty consistent with your MO thus far.
<><
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Incognito »

Near, there's a few issues that I can see from your most recent post:

1) You've used two logical fallacies against jerubbaal:

a) Too Townie and
b) by claiming that jerubbaal is a good scumhunter who is pseudo-scum hunting, you've also used a form of the Burden of Proficiency.

2) Although you didn't cast a vote onto jerubbaal, this now marks yet another post where you've flipped your suspicions towards yet another player.

None of this looks good to me. Can you please explain what you mean by the following:
Near wrote:jerubbaal is acting too townie, it feels like he's aligning his posts to use as defense later.
Maybe provide some examples or other information from the thread that makes you feel this way?
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

XReyoX wrote:Jerubbaal:

How can you read him as a townie if he don't have any logic in his posts. I mean if its so impossible to comprehense what he is thinking, then he can be a scum as much as he is a town. In addition he is not giving any benefit to the town at all and might even be destructive, lets say if he hammers people when we can gain more information by leaving it at L-1 or he can be wasting potentially useful cop investigation, etc....

He has not shown any respect to other players and the mod by ignoring people's comments and not reading the openning post (which I'm sure the mod has spent a lot of time writing it and making the front page all colourful).

I'm hating myself for commenting on him because I'm sure all he wants is to irritate people and I've fallen into it. He has not only proven himself to be close to useless but is also clouding my vision and drawing my attention to this when I could have spent more time looking into more useful posts and find scums.

Anyway

Mafiaplayer, could you just answer these questions for me to make believe that you have a brain:

1) Why do you think people would massclaim after you?
2) Why do you think it is beneficial to the town by claiming townie when this would mean that the scums can rule you out for the NK because killing power role is a better choice for them?
3)Do you have any other reasons for lynching sammich beside wanting to see what his role is?
4)Why is lynching all power role a good strategy?
5)Who do you think is the most scummy person at the moment and why?
6)What do you think about others people's play so far? Please mention at least 2.

Thanks.
1)I was the first post and I claimed.
2)The less power roles there are, the higher chance a claimed Power Role is Mafia.
3)It would be nice to see another confirmed Vanilla Townie, dead or not.
4)Not all powers- All people who CLAIM power. Some will be power, but most will be Mafia.
5)Y. They think I'm scummy, so they're scummy.
6)Sammich-Really smart play. X-Rey-Ox-scummy.

Unvote, Vote:Y
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Mafiaplayer (2)
- XReyoX, the_cat_herder
Sammich (1)
- Near
Near (3)
- Incognito, Lowell, jerubaal
Y (1)
- Mafiaplayer

Not Voting (4) - thephantom, Sammich, Y, Imat

Six
votes makes a lynch.

the_cat_herder and thephantom have been prodded.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by thephantom »

Hey guys, sorry that I haven't been very active in the game since my last posts, Midterms are coming up and I have a lot of studying to do so I am sorry, I have been reading over the thread though and I feel that it is possible that Mafiaplayer isn't scum and maybe he is just playing poorly. That does not rule out my suspicion of him though.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:51 am

Post by Y »

Mafiaplayer wrote:1)I was the first post and I claimed.
2)The less power roles there are, the higher chance a claimed Power Role is Mafia.
3)It would be nice to see another confirmed Vanilla Townie, dead or not.
4)Not all powers- All people who CLAIM power. Some will be power, but most will be Mafia.
5)Y. They think I'm scummy, so they're scummy.
6)Sammich-Really smart play. X-Rey-Ox-scummy.
Wow...
1. That doesn't answer the question. You claimed, so what? Why would people do so too?
2. If there are no power-roles, mafia won't claim them either, but we'll have no one to extract that info.
3. Another? You think you are confirmed? How does it helps the town to have a dead confirmed townie on D1? And the one of your choice is some one who townies will lynch as well as scum, so no good info there.
4. What makes you think they'll actually claim power-roles, when they know they'll get lynched?
5. I'm just one person. "OMGUS" would be easier to write.
6. Sammich helped you, XReyoX attacked you. Those really aren't good reasons.

Is there a nomination for "Worst player EVER"?
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:13 am

Post by XReyoX »

Mod:
I demand Mafiaplayer to be replaced and some sort of investigation to be carried out. I heavily suspect that MP is some sort of joke account and was not created to play the game properly. This thing has shown some kind of thinking pattern in other forums but not in any games. It knows that it is stupid as well. Although it is not set in stone that a genuine player have to sign up for a game immediate, upon joining the forum, MP went to disscuss "worst roles" in the mafia discussion section and have shown to have decent knowledge of the game and abbreviations used around the forum. I believe that the first thing any players would do is to sign up for a game once their accounts have been approved. We've all been there when we first join.

Anyway, back to the game:

After a re-read, i have something to point out.
Imat wrote:Also,
Unvote: Sammich
I think hes at L-1.

Mod:
Votecount please?
Sammich was on L-3 i think, not L-1.

Near:
Could you please post more about your thought on various people instead of vote-hopping?

After the re-read i think near is less scummy than i originally thought. Although the reasons behind the votes aren't strong, he wasn't jumping onto big wagons and this seems to accomplish little if he is scum IMO. I'd keep my eyes on this though.

Lowell:
Could you please explain the theory behind the Y/Near scumteam? I don't seems to see it at the moment.

Mafiaplayer:
Why did you vote for avin? you said that you thought he is an NPC.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:19 am

Post by XReyoX »

Y wrote:Is there a nomination for "
Worst
Saddest player EVER"?
fixed

I feel sorry for MP, if it is putting its best effort in playing this game.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:48 am

Post by destructor »

XReyoX wrote:
Mod:
I demand Mafiaplayer to be replaced and some sort of investigation to be carried out.
So far as I can tell, he hasn't broken any rules nor has he asked for replacement so he won't be replaced.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

XReyoX wrote:
Mod:
I demand Mafiaplayer to be replaced and some sort of investigation to be carried out. I heavily suspect that MP is some sort of joke account and was not created to play the game properly. This thing has shown some kind of thinking pattern in other forums but not in any games. It knows that it is stupid as well. Although it is not set in stone that a genuine player have to sign up for a game immediate, upon joining the forum, MP went to disscuss "worst roles" in the mafia discussion section and have shown to have decent knowledge of the game and abbreviations used around the forum. I believe that the first thing any players would do is to sign up for a game once their accounts have been approved. We've all been there when we first join.

Mafiaplayer:
Why did you vote for avin? you said that you thought he is an NPC.
1:The concept of Mafia fascinated me. I went through all the guides to rules and roles before I even signed up.
2:I didn't say I thought he was an NPC. I said that I didn't realize that the NPC was him.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Incognito »

Mafiaplayer wrote:Unvote, Vote:XreyOx. She just accidentally admitted Mafia.
Mafiaplayer, could you elaborate on this? I can't seem to find where XReyoX admitted to being mafia. And in your recent answers to Y's questions, you still seemed to label XReyoX as scummy so I'm wondering why you feel that way.
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

I said, "Some Mafia may be stupid enough to do xyz". XreyOx then said, "You're insulting our intelligence". This seems to me to be evidence that they took an insult to the Mafia personally, and thus are the Mafia.
Unvote, Vote:XreyoX
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Imat »

I think Near's actions weren't to jump onto vote bandwagons but to get ahead of the game on suspicions. When somebody looks at another player with suspicions and has reasonable evidence to back it up, Near seems to vote for that other player based on other players suspicions and therefore provides little evidence of his own. I don't know if hes Scum trying to get others to vote based on the same small amount of evidence or if hes just easily swayed Town. I wouldn't take him off the Scum list for this, just watch for this behavior in the future.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:20 am

Post by XReyoX »

MP, are you referring to this?
XReyoX wrote:The suggestion that a mafia would claim the his true role is insulting
our
intellegence.
I'm simply amazed.

1)What do you think about other people except me, Y and sammich?
2)Do you believe that changing your vote almost every other post is a pro-town behaviour?
3)Are you voting people because you truly think that they are scums or are you just wanna OMGUS vote people who criticize you game play or etc?

Imat:
That can be a potential scumtell. Just following people's suspicions without adding his own thoughts can minimizes the chance of people reading his real intension. However, it can also be a lazy townie or as you've mentioned, an easily swayed town.
The post which made me wanna watch out for him is this:
Near wrote:maybe i suck at scum hunting- because i'm now suspecting jerubbaal.
It sounds like he knows jerubbaal is town yet he is suspecting him... (and for being too townie). I don't understand how he can think someone is suspicious but is town as well at the same time, unless jerubbaal is dead and has his role revealed.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”