Newbie 35... game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 3:55 am

Post by Rick »

Talitha wrote:Just checking in.. I'll stick with my vote on Rick for now.. mainly because he threw around quite a bit of (what I considered to be unwarranted) suspicion in his post.
Hi Talitha, which bit did you mean? Or perhaps you thought that the whole lot was rubbish.

Perhaps you were referring to this:
Rick wrote:
Talitha wrote:It would also ensure that the mafia can't direct the lynch today.
Unless of course you and Zero are scum.
If you do think that this is unwarranted then could you expand on your initial comment, "It would also ensure that the mafia can't direct the lynch today" in post #5 directly after Zero's suggestion?

All I did was make the point that if you and Zero were scum
(and that is a big if)
then you
would
be directing the lynch. Is that so unwarranted?

At the time it was just a thought, but now with your response there may be more to it?

Waiting for your reply.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 4:19 am

Post by Rick »

Prince Kael wrote:
If Zero really is scum then he's either taking the chance that his suggestion will get his scum buddy lynched
Unless Jaguar is his scum buddy, in this case there is no such chanse what so ever.
Err . . . Talitha
did
actually say that . . .
Talitha wrote:If Zero really is scum then he's either taking the chance that his suggestion will get his scum buddy lynched, or
he's directly implicately Jaguar
. Neither of those things seems like diabolically clever scum behaviour to me. Also I think a scum would be more careful not to draw attention to themselves like that. I'm not convinced that his suggestion was scummy at all - conversation and discussion is always good for the town.
Yeah and I think I made the same point earlier in my 'unwarranted post' :D :
Rick wrote:It may also indicate that Jaguar is your [Zero's] partner as Jaguar had posted before your suggestion. Then again it may not, I am only speculating.
But as I said before I was only speculating; anyway it seems that Talitha and I do agree on something. :wink:
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 5:05 am

Post by Jaguar »

I'm off to our annual support staff event (it's a surprise, we don't know what's happening), so don't expect to see me until tomorrow.

Either way, I am not too sure about who is scum and who isn't, but always watch out for Talitha and Rick. They're both good players and even though I had Talitha pegged in the last game I played with her, she played well enough to ensure a scum win.

If I'm counting right, three people have said I could be Zero's scum buddy. Well, I'm not. And if I were, I would likely not have posted right after him to avoid suspicion. I definitely would not have voted for him.

Anyhoo, off to our event :) See you all tomorrow.
I need a new tagline...
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 5:55 am

Post by Prince Kael »

I didn't really understand your problem with Rick, can someone explaing it to me?
"I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish." Genesis 6:17
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 6:51 am

Post by Zero »

Whose problem with Rick requires explanation? I can't point to anything he said that should sway you one way or the other, but for myself I can't help but distrust the fear, uncertainty, and doubt about me in his first post.

Are you and Rick more or less on the same page here?
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 9:50 am

Post by Prince Kael »

Are you and Rick more or less on the same page here?
What does it mean?
"I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish." Genesis 6:17
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 12:53 am

Post by burninglife »

Just posting so nobody thinks I'm inactive or anything. :?
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 2:08 am

Post by Prince Kael »

Just posting so nobody thinks I'm inactive or anything.
Don't you have anything to say?!
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 5:22 am

Post by Jaguar »

burninglife wrote:Just posting so nobody thinks I'm inactive or anything.
Scummy!! That's almost enough for me to vote for you. Why would you worry about it when nobody has even brought it up? Combined with his second vote on Zero without reason in this small a game, I think I will
vote: burninglife
. And my vote is not without reason :)
Prince Kael wrote:I didn't really understand your problem with Rick, can someone explaing it to me?
I don't really have a problem with him. I've just seen him play in other games and he is a good player. Just want to keep my eye on him ;)
Zero wrote:Are you and Rick more or less on the same page here?
I too don't quite get what you are saying, Zero.
I need a new tagline...
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 5:46 am

Post by Zero »

I was asking if he and Rick have the same set of opinions, or if Prince Kael was just asking for clarification.

I do think it would be really funny if burninglife was actually scum and my terrible plan would have worked. But with 2 votes on him, I'm not going to add the 3rd without more info. Maybe being 2 votes from a lynch will give burninglife something to talk about though.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 5:54 am

Post by Rick »

Jaguar wrote:
burninglife wrote:Just posting so nobody thinks I'm inactive or anything.
Scummy!! That's almost enough for me to vote for you. Why would you worry about it when nobody has even brought it up? Combined with his second vote on Zero without reason in this small a game, I think I will
vote: burninglife
. And my vote is not without reason :)
Don’t really see his last comment as scummy myself. Burninglife is brand new to this forum, so I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Please note, before anyone starts twisting my words here, I am not saying Burninglife is innocent or guilty, I am just saying that I don’t find this particular comment scummy. Just adding my two cents.
Jaguar wrote:I don't really have a problem with him [Rick]. I've just seen him play in other games and he is a good player. Just want to keep my eye on him ;)
You are being very kind to Jaguar to me. Thank you.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 5:56 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Vote Count

burninglife
- 2 (Jaguar, PK)
Zero
- 1 (burning)
Jaguar
- 1 (MGIA)
MGIA
- 1 (Zero)
Rick
- 1 (Talitha)

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

PLEASE don't make me deadline Day One, people... discuss, accuse, do
something
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 6:27 am

Post by Jaguar »

Rick, I happen to know that burninglife is just new to mafiascum. Not new to mafia (I've played in games with him on a different forum), so I'm not quite willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and he knows it.

And the part of my vote not being without reason was mainly to emphasize that burninglife's vote on Zero was without reason, or more accurately an OMGUS vote and not based on reason.
I need a new tagline...
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 6:57 am

Post by Rick »

Jaguar wrote:Rick, I happen to know that burninglife is just new to mafiascum. Not new to mafia (I've played in games with him on a different forum), so I'm not quite willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and he knows it.
Well in that case.
FOS: Burninglife

It's not enough for me to put a vote on, but good enough for a fos. In any case I am still waiting for Talitha's answer to my question. I see she has posted elsewhere.
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 7:24 am

Post by Prince Kael »

I keep my first random but now not so random vote on burninglife.

Someone who blames and votes draws attention to himself, it is risky but the town can't win without since both scums must be lynched.
Scums, however, can win without since they kill us one by one at night. Burninglife's attempts to avoid saying anything in order for him not to draw attention seem awfully scummy to me...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 8:59 am

Post by Talitha »

Rick wrote:In any case I am still waiting for Talitha's answer to my question. I see she has posted elsewhere.
Sorry sorry. I blame the AIM scum chat room. Far too distracting and I have been neglecting all my games.

Rick the main part of your first post that raised my ire was when you suggested that Zero's proposition was a scummy one. And then went on to suggest that Zero and I could be scum together. It just seemed like a huge leap from what I thought was quite an innocent-sounding suggestion from Zero. In my experience, newbie scum don't start off like that.. they kinda wait around for others to lead the way and look for an easy lynch that doesn't involve getting their hands dirty. In contrast I am always suspicious of the first person to throw suspicion at a newbie for making a mistake. (In this case you).

My comment about Zero's suggestion "ensuring that the mafia don't direct the lynch" was more because I didn't want to shoot down his idea without recognising that it had some merit, and was supposed to be a general comment to do with random methods of choosing lynch candidates on day 1. So it seemed like you were taking a cheap shot at me.

I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorily?!
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 1:19 am

Post by Rick »

Talitha wrote:. . . It just seemed like a huge leap from what I thought was quite an innocent-sounding suggestion from Zero. In my experience, newbie scum don't start off like that.. they kinda wait around for others to lead the way and look for an easy lynch that doesn't involve getting their hands dirty.
Good point.
In contrast I am always suspicious of the first person to throw suspicion at a newbie for making a mistake. (In this case you).
OK I understand your reasoning.
My comment about Zero's suggestion "ensuring that the mafia don't direct the lynch" was more because I didn't want to shoot down his idea without recognising that it had some merit, and was supposed to be a general comment to do with random methods of choosing lynch candidates on day 1. So it seemed like you were taking a cheap shot at me.

I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorily?!
Very satisfactorily. I can see why Jaguar rates you as a class player.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 1:20 am

Post by Rick »

Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:True, but what really needs to be looked at is, who stays active. It's quite easy to pop in right away, throw in a "random vote", then go back into hiding.
*cough*
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 1:23 am

Post by Rick »

Hi all,

Hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am.

I am now away for the weekend (without internet access) so I won't be able to post until Monday (possibly late Sunday).

Don't lynch anyone without me (especially if it's me).

Have a nice weekend.
~Rick
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 4:09 am

Post by burninglife »

If you lynch me, you're only putting the scum closer to a win. So go ahead, if that's what you want.
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 4:22 am

Post by Zero »

So 2 votes, and still nothing of substance to say, burninglife? Thats a pretty lazy defense, which any scum could use. Lets see if 3 votes gives you something to talk about.
Vote: burninglife
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 9:05 am

Post by Talitha »

Interesting..
So burninglife, I'm not ready to lynch you just yet or anything, don't worry. But you're on 3 votes now. Might be time for a claim.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 9:22 am

Post by Jaguar »

Wow, three votes already. And we're only on page 2. A roleclaim is indeed a good idea here.

You still haven't said anything of substance, burninglife, so at this point I won't unvote.

I am curious as to what made Zero decide to add the third vote when earlier he said this:
Zero wrote:I'm not going to add the 3rd without more info.
The reason given in his post where he voted for burninglife doesn't really give me any indication that there was additional information that his vote was based on. Just the one-liner posting. To me that is not additional information.

Everyone else, give burninglife a chance to claim and the rest of us a chance to respond to his claim. I know Rick is offline for the weekend and Talitha has already said she wouldn't lynch him yet, but you never know.
I need a new tagline...
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 9:24 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Rick wrote: *cough*
You should get that checked out. You never know when it could be something serious :P

I really don't like the way burninglife is acting so indifferent to the possibility of being lynched.

It seems, to me, to indicate one of two things.

1. He's a townie who just doesn't care about the game, in which case, he's obviously not going to be much help.
2. He's scum trying to set himself up for a townie claim.

Probably number one, I don't see number two being very likely.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 9:31 am

Post by Zero »

Jaguar, you didn't quote the next sentence where I said I was hoping 2 votes would prompt him to contribute something. His next statement didn't indicate that he cared one way or another. So I'm hoping 3 votes will prompt him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”